Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR in the 90's 22:27 - Apr 7 with 3460 viewsHoopinEssex

Your memories.

My first game was V Coventry 1991 dragged their by an older friend. Upper Loft. 1-1. Roy Wegerle scored.

My first taste of the hoops.

Love memories of us in the 90's

What you got?

QPR in the 90's on 09:50 - Apr 9 with 741 viewshubble

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

QPR in the 90's on 09:52 - Apr 9 with 734 viewsClint_Power

QPR in the 90's on 09:36 - Apr 8 by Hastings_Hoops

Can’t find that Nyman video anywhere now. I was looking for it after stan passed away as it was actually in memory of that team in 75/76… the club might do well to buy the rights to distribute it this year.

https://www.nicozon.net/player.html?video_id=sm14316303&k=1390137783.0.1.toI

Hopefully this works
QPR in the 90's on 09:42 - Apr 11 with 520 viewsdsw2509

QPR in the 90's on 09:52 - Apr 9 by Clint_Power

https://www.nicozon.net/player.html?video_id=sm14316303&k=1390137783.0.1.toI

Hopefully this works

It did. I love this piece. Wasn’t at the Leeds match but certainly was for that Spurs match. Penrice’s goal was perhaps my favourite. That dummy. Brilliant.
QPR in the 90's on 10:48 - Apr 11 with 474 viewsHunterhoop

My first game was QPR 2-2 Coventry in Sept 1994. Gary Penrice with a double. Had my first proper taste of what being a Rangers fan was about with Dion Dublin scoring a late equaliser, and his first goal for Cov after leaving Utd.

Great kit that season.
QPR in the 90's on 10:56 - Apr 11 with 458 viewsSydneyRs

QPR in the 90's on 08:57 - Apr 8 by Antti_Heinola

A performance so good, Michael Nyman composed a score for it, right?

There were so many games in the 90s I love to think about, but one that I always loved is when we beat Blackburn 1-0 around 1994. Les got a late goal (credited as an oiwn goal, it wasn't), and I walked away from that game and for the one and only time in my life, my little 18 or 19 year old self genuinely believed we had a chance to win the League. We were playing that well. You could say it's been downhill ever since :)

Remember it well.

Got on the train at northolt with my brother and was surprised to find the carriage full of Blackburn fans. They were all right though and a bit of Ferdinand v Shearer banter ensued on the way to the game.

The Les goal was given as an own goal by Sky (Andy Gray I think). I was right behind it in the loft and Ferdinand scored it.

Tim Flowers got the traditional high pitched "Timmy!" cries every time he touched the ball. He used to hate it.
QPR in the 90's on 10:59 - Apr 11 with 450 viewshantssi

QPR in the 90's on 09:25 - Apr 9 by Lblock

1990.... God's Year.

The world has never been as good since.

World Cup, Acid House, hair, energy, sunshine, fitness and....... Jesus H Christ the Rangers were the finest football team the world has ever seen.

My favourite year I have been alive.

We beat Liverpool at Anfield on my 30th birthday!
God knows where we were playing on my 60th!!
Can’t really believe (yes I can it’s been nearly 30 years!) how far we've fallen since those halcyon days under Venables and then Francis, regularly Londons top team!
QPR in the 90's on 11:01 - Apr 11 with 435 viewsSydneyRs

QPR in the 90's on 12:37 - Apr 8 by loftus77

Can only add to the memories already on here. The 4-1 at Old Trafford (Wegerle? should have made it 5-1) has been mentioned plus a superb 4-0 against Man City in the same season - Andy Impey in his pomp - a few days before the 4-1 over eventual champions Leeds.

I remember a 2-1 win against Spurs right at the end of 94-95 when Les got 2 in a raucous atmosphere at LR (a couple of Spurs fans got in the Lower Loft IIRC and it all got a bit nasty for a while?). It was Ray v Gerry in the dugouts as GF was managing Spurs then. Think we were London's top side that season (as well as in 92-93 obvs).

A real sweet (early 90s) n' sour (late 90s) decade if ever there was one.

That Spurs game was the last match I went to before leaving to go travelling. I remember us chanting to Klinsmann "fcuk off back to Germany", which he did shortly afterwards.

I returned in 97 and my first game back was a dismal 0-2 defeat v Reading a division below. We weren't in Kansas anymore. Thankfully I missed the entire relegation season.
QPR in the 90's on 11:03 - Apr 11 with 430 viewsSydneyRs

QPR in the 90's on 09:25 - Apr 9 by Lblock

1990.... God's Year.

The world has never been as good since.

World Cup, Acid House, hair, energy, sunshine, fitness and....... Jesus H Christ the Rangers were the finest football team the world has ever seen.

My favourite year I have been alive.

Indeed, was a superb year for me too for all of those reasons and more.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024