Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Begovic - Best QPR Goalie in Years 07:33 - Jun 1 with 6705 viewsDylanP

The frequent criticism of Begovic mystifies me. QPR are a mid-table second tier team and we are clearly lucky to have a goalie with his experience, maturity, shot stopping abilities and range. He isn't perfect, but I'm not sure what people expect -- Peter Shilton reincarnate. This season, which by all accounts was pretty poor, we kept 14 clean sheets (thats more than quarter of our games), while only scoring 47 goals in 46 games (4th worst in league), and only conceded 57 goals (7th best in league).

Obviously, goals conceded and clean sheets are not down to the goalie alone. But the goalie organizes and marshals the defense, and we have all seen that all season. Even when we looked terrible over all, Begs was there coming out quickly for catches and punches, constantly talking to the players around him, and importantly making key saves. Think about the Leeds game. Right after Chair scored our first goal, Leeds got up the field and had a hard a low shot from inside the box. Had that snuck past Begs the end result could've been very different. That was true all season.

Look, Begs isn't perfect. If he was, he wouldn't be playing for us. But his ability with his feet is the foundation for our style of play, his organizing has kept the defence strong all last season, his maturity has maintain the morale of the team when all else was failing, and his shot stopping has kept us in games. Chances of us snagging a better fit for our team are zero to none.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Begovic - Best QPR Goalie in Years on 19:42 - Jun 3 with 968 viewseastside_r

On TV duty tonight. I expect him to redefine a ‘Mike drop’.
Begovic - Best QPR Goalie in Years on 20:06 - Jun 3 with 880 viewsdenhamhoop2

Begovic - Best QPR Goalie in Years on 13:53 - Jun 1 by numptydumpty

Yes well done DylanP

Think you may be a tad bored during the close season !!

But absolutely agree with you Begovic is possibly up there almost Schemichel - esque with his qualities

Phil Parkes and Jan Stejskal amongst others have been massively impressed !!!!
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
[Post edited 1 Jun 13:54]

100% Agree sadly the should've retired at Man City Peter Schmeichel rather than prime Man U Schmeichel
Begovic - Best QPR Goalie in Years on 20:40 - Jun 3 with 791 viewsloftboy

Channel 4 tagged him as former Chelsea, Stoke and Bournemouth keeper, no mention of us at all even though he’s still technically ours.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Begovic - Best QPR Goalie in Years on 22:30 - Jun 3 with 649 viewsDannyPaddox

Begovic - Best QPR Goalie in Years on 00:44 - Jun 4 with 547 viewsLazyFan

Begovic - Best QPR Goalie in Years on 20:40 - Jun 3 by loftboy

Channel 4 tagged him as former Chelsea, Stoke and Bournemouth keeper, no mention of us at all even though he’s still technically ours.

Yeah, I saw that, too.

He will have been asked to check that before they put it up, which suggests he knows he's out.

zzzzzzzzzz

Begovic - Best QPR Goalie in Years on 02:14 - Jun 4 with 495 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Begovic - Best QPR Goalie in Years on 19:42 - Jun 3 by eastside_r

On TV duty tonight. I expect him to redefine a ‘Mike drop’.

Would prefer any of the other three as our goalie next season.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024