Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Never a straight Red Card 09:16 - Sep 29 with 6619 viewsParkRoyalR

Varane was trying to flick the ball away with the outside of his foot no way planting his foot on their player,

Both players went in equally strong and the Blackburn player hammed it up but the theatrics of their no 27 was a disgrace, worst I've seen, hope he gets dogs abuse in return fixture at ours,

Their players especially the no 27 conned the Ref and he naively bought it.
[Post edited 29 Sep 9:20]
Never a straight Red Card on 01:35 - Sep 30 with 1070 viewsMatch82

Never a straight Red Card on 19:01 - Sep 29 by mart_Goblin

Just re watched it again and my opinion has changed slightly .
During the game I thought it was a bit of a desperate lunge with the ball running away from him.
But re watching it , Varanes boot is sliding along the grass at point of impact . It’s a yellow at worst as others have said and borders on another awful awful decision by the referee .

No doubt at all that the Blackburn players got him sent off especially Travis who I hope gets utter dogs abuse at LR later this season.

Watching it live, Frey’s reaction to the challenge suggested he thought it was a Red and I thought if I’m honest Cook as captain could have looked after his player a little better instead of turning his back on him immediately.

Splitting hairs but I thought Cook could have protested and been at the referee a lot more yesteday as Travis did .
We are still too soft and to easy to get at at times
[Post edited 29 Sep 19:02]

Bit harsh to call a decision the ref made bordering on an awful decision if you had the same thought he did at the time though?
Never a straight Red Card on 10:41 - Sep 30 with 856 viewsPunteR

If your saying it's a daft challenge because you are giving the ref a decision to make, well isn't that his job. The player has less time to make a decision and I think most players in that situation would have done the same thing. What's the alternative? Just pull out of the challenge?. It wasn't malicious, the ball is there to be won, and split seconds makes or breaks. The Blackburn player made a meal of it. Yellow card for me.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Never a straight Red Card on 11:30 - Sep 30 with 761 viewsLoyalitat

Never a straight Red Card on 10:41 - Sep 30 by PunteR

If your saying it's a daft challenge because you are giving the ref a decision to make, well isn't that his job. The player has less time to make a decision and I think most players in that situation would have done the same thing. What's the alternative? Just pull out of the challenge?. It wasn't malicious, the ball is there to be won, and split seconds makes or breaks. The Blackburn player made a meal of it. Yellow card for me.

Try to defend the indefensible but the entire blame is solely on Varane. It was an awful tackle. His poor control of the ball was the root cause, had he engaged his brain he should have then withdrawn as opposed to recklessly dive in and cost us any chance of getting anything out of that game.

Further, the reaction of Cook after Varane's lunge was telling, as he was clearly of the view that a red card would ensue.

Doubtless if the roles were reversed, you would still maintain that the same challenge on one of our players is worthy of just a yellow card.
[Post edited 30 Sep 11:45]
Never a straight Red Card on 12:08 - Sep 30 with 720 viewsLblock

Never a straight Red Card on 22:52 - Sep 29 by Northernr

Do we know if Batth lived through the night?

Unfortunately he died.

The Baath is now cold...........

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Never a straight Red Card on 12:57 - Sep 30 with 673 viewsFrankRightguard

Playing devils advocate, if he doesn’t make the challenge and Baaaaath wins the ball and sets an attack in motion are we hammering him for not being tough enough in there? Just a thought. Not a red for me. Yellow certainly.
Never a straight Red Card on 13:30 - Sep 30 with 623 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Never a straight Red Card on 12:57 - Sep 30 by FrankRightguard

Playing devils advocate, if he doesn’t make the challenge and Baaaaath wins the ball and sets an attack in motion are we hammering him for not being tough enough in there? Just a thought. Not a red for me. Yellow certainly.

No, there are other, more intelligent, ways to prevent a counter attack without lunging in studs showing. The chances of Blackburn going straight up the other end and scoring in the few seconds of first half injury time that remained were extremely slim. Game management.
[Post edited 30 Sep 14:42]
Never a straight Red Card on 13:47 - Sep 30 with 549 viewsBenny_the_Ball

For me, under the current rules it's an easy red. Poor ball control followed by an ugly lunge to try to retrieve the situation. Studs were showing and made contact with the opponent.

A lot has been made of the Blackburn players' reaction but little has been made of the QPR players' reaction. As soon as Varane made the challenge, the faces of the nearest QPR players (Frey, Dembele) dropped. They knew what was coming. Not a single QPR player protested Varane's innocence. Post match, neither the manager nor the players who were interviewed questioned the decision.

Anyone who feels otherwise should ask themselves; in the reverse situation would you be calling for the Blackburn player to be sent off?
[Post edited 30 Sep 18:28]
Never a straight Red Card on 14:15 - Sep 30 with 465 viewsgazza1

Not sure it was 'never a red card'.....a tight call for the ref - plenty to argue for the sending off though.
Login to get fewer ads

Never a straight Red Card on 22:14 - Sep 30 with 280 viewsPunteR

Never a straight Red Card on 13:47 - Sep 30 by Benny_the_Ball

For me, under the current rules it's an easy red. Poor ball control followed by an ugly lunge to try to retrieve the situation. Studs were showing and made contact with the opponent.

A lot has been made of the Blackburn players' reaction but little has been made of the QPR players' reaction. As soon as Varane made the challenge, the faces of the nearest QPR players (Frey, Dembele) dropped. They knew what was coming. Not a single QPR player protested Varane's innocence. Post match, neither the manager nor the players who were interviewed questioned the decision.

Anyone who feels otherwise should ask themselves; in the reverse situation would you be calling for the Blackburn player to be sent off?
[Post edited 30 Sep 18:28]

"under the current rules it's an easy red"

Well i guess that's my issue with it then. Call me old fashioned, but that shouldn't be a red. Yellow , yes.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Never a straight Red Card on 23:49 - Sep 30 with 208 viewsFredManRave

Never a straight Red Card on 22:52 - Sep 29 by Northernr

Do we know if Batth lived through the night?

Do we know if Travis is receiveing treatment from PTSD?

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024