Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tomorrow's referee 09:24 - Oct 4 with 1000 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/63094
Tomorrow's referee on 09:25 - Oct 4 with 997 viewsCamberleyR

FFS

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Tomorrow's referee on 09:34 - Oct 4 with 951 viewsHarbour

Stroud mark2..oh dear...
Tomorrow's referee on 09:39 - Oct 4 with 927 viewsNorthernr

Tomorrow's referee on 09:34 - Oct 4 by Harbour

Stroud mark2..oh dear...

In happier news, he was at LR on Tuesday as an assessor. Rumour is he's finally called it a day. No games since August.
Tomorrow's referee on 09:55 - Oct 4 with 868 viewsWokingR

Tomorrow's referee on 09:39 - Oct 4 by Northernr

In happier news, he was at LR on Tuesday as an assessor. Rumour is he's finally called it a day. No games since August.

Bloody hell
He takes the saying about being 'promoted to a level of incompetence' to a whole new degree.
What on earth qualifies him to comment on what is good/bad refereeing
Tomorrow's referee on 10:51 - Oct 4 with 729 viewsstevec

Ref or no ref, looking at that list, we don’t half lose to a lot of shit teams.
Tomorrow's referee on 13:25 - Oct 4 with 565 viewsR_from_afar

Surely, by the law of averages, this black-clad clown is due a decent game soon (clasps hands)?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Tomorrow's referee on 14:06 - Oct 4 with 513 viewsJuzzie

I know it's kids football, I know it's 'for fun & development', I know the refs at U10 and younger level are volunteers but......
No, I wouldn't want to do it but if you do take hold of the whistle at least do it properly.
The ref we had on Sunday disallowed a perfectly good goal that was clearly over the line (the goalie was in the actual netting scooping the ball out) and the ref standing about 20ft away said '"I could't see it so I can't give it".

Then while the opposition were substituting goalies one of their boys elbowed my son in the stomach. Now, my son can take it, he doesn't show pain in pretence so if he's hurting it will be genuine.
The ref said "I didn't think it was intentional". How can it not be intentional, the game wasn't in play as everyone was waiting for the sub to be done.

So, yes, I became 'that' parent and called him out over it. Their job is to protect the kids and he never even had a word with the other lad even if it was, which it wasn't, unintentional. I wasn't rude, I wasn't aggressive, I just called out that it was a clear deliberate elbow to which point he gave it all the "you want to ref? you want the whistle?", "I don't get paid for this".

I didn't want it to escalate and spoil it for the kids or have the ref potentially starting making decisions against us so I just put my hands up and said "look, all I'm saying was that it was clearly deliberate" and left it at that.
He did apologise later and we talked it over and I mentioned the disallowed goal was actually over the line. He said that he knew some of kids on both sides and didn't want to appear favouring one side but that's the point of reffing, if someone does a deliberate elbow you pull them up on it whether you know any of the kids or not.

and breathe.....

[Post edited 4 Oct 23:33]
Tomorrow's referee on 14:34 - Oct 4 with 430 viewsHamptonR

Tomorrow's referee on 14:06 - Oct 4 by Juzzie

I know it's kids football, I know it's 'for fun & development', I know the refs at U10 and younger level are volunteers but......
No, I wouldn't want to do it but if you do take hold of the whistle at least do it properly.
The ref we had on Sunday disallowed a perfectly good goal that was clearly over the line (the goalie was in the actual netting scooping the ball out) and the ref standing about 20ft away said '"I could't see it so I can't give it".

Then while the opposition were substituting goalies one of their boys elbowed my son in the stomach. Now, my son can take it, he doesn't show pain in pretence so if he's hurting it will be genuine.
The ref said "I didn't think it was intentional". How can it not be intentional, the game wasn't in play as everyone was waiting for the sub to be done.

So, yes, I became 'that' parent and called him out over it. Their job is to protect the kids and he never even had a word with the other lad even if it was, which it wasn't, unintentional. I wasn't rude, I wasn't aggressive, I just called out that it was a clear deliberate elbow to which point he gave it all the "you want to ref? you want the whistle?", "I don't get paid for this".

I didn't want it to escalate and spoil it for the kids or have the ref potentially starting making decisions against us so I just put my hands up and said "look, all I'm saying was that it was clearly deliberate" and left it at that.
He did apologise later and we talked it over and I mentioned the disallowed goal was actually over the line. He said that he knew some of kids on both sides and didn't want to appear favouring one side but that's the point of reffing, if someone does a deliberate elbow you pull them up on it whether you know any of the kids or not.

and breathe.....

[Post edited 4 Oct 23:33]

Under 10 footy.

I will leave it there.
Login to get fewer ads

Tomorrow's referee on 15:22 - Oct 4 with 342 viewsJuzzie

Tomorrow's referee on 14:34 - Oct 4 by HamptonR

Under 10 footy.

I will leave it there.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024