| Attendance Saturday 13:41 - Sep 21 with 8509 views | Dalenet | I thoroughly enjoyed the match on Saturday, and driving home after a good win always feels special. I thought the club organised the day well, offering Oldham the mandatory 20% of tickets. and the stewarding and policing around the ground were the best I can remember for an Owdum derby. We know they have form. Restricting the Willbutts stand to the mandatory minimum is the right way forward. I was intrigued by the attendance. Officially announced as 6121, of which 1880 were from Oldham. So that means we had 4241 home fans. Which for us, and the recent form we have been in, was tremendous. And something to build on for project 5,000. We announced we had sold over 7,000 tickets the day before the game. I know about 85 Oldham fans (4%) that had bought a ticket didn't show. But by my calculations we had 800 of our own fans with tickets that didn't show. They can't all be the free kids season tickets surely as the stands looked pretty full to me. Or did they show and we don't count them as they are free? Knowing that the ground has a lower capacity today of c9800 compared to 10,300 when redeveloped, and stripping out the Willbutts capacity, COA has a home capacity of c6325. About 2100 more than attended on Saturday. Where would an additional 2000 fans go because the seated stands looked pretty full to me. And the Sandy didn't look like it could accommodate another 2,000 fans? I am simply intrigued. |  | | |  |
| Attendance Saturday on 12:11 - Oct 8 with 1090 views | TVOS1907 |
| Attendance Saturday on 12:02 - Oct 8 by Dalenet | Thanks TVOS. I have emailed the club too. It shouldn't be hard to sort it. |
I've spoken to Stuart this morning and he says he's happy for you to pop in for a chat or to email him. |  |
| Maestro? No.
Elite? No.
Heavyweight poster? No.
Able to be rational and not over-react to individual results? Yes. |
|  |
| Attendance Saturday on 14:30 - Oct 8 with 850 views | DaleBars | The Ratcliffe and Dale Bar also have programmes to purchase. [Post edited 8 Oct 14:59]
|  |
|  |
| Attendance Saturday on 15:47 - Oct 8 with 735 views | Dale_4_Life | Grimsby and Accy (our next two home games) should have bumper crowds… To any lapsed supporter the matchday experience is a pretty good one!! Wanding and Kettling aside!!! |  | |  |
| Attendance Saturday on 17:42 - Oct 8 with 585 views | 442Dale |
| Attendance Saturday on 15:47 - Oct 8 by Dale_4_Life | Grimsby and Accy (our next two home games) should have bumper crowds… To any lapsed supporter the matchday experience is a pretty good one!! Wanding and Kettling aside!!! |
What would you do differently with the ‘wanding’? I |  |
|  |
| Attendance Saturday on 19:22 - Oct 8 with 424 views | D_Alien |
| Attendance Saturday on 17:42 - Oct 8 by 442Dale | What would you do differently with the ‘wanding’? I |
Ask his missus |  |
|  |
| Attendance Saturday on 20:33 - Oct 8 with 299 views | TVOS1907 |
| Attendance Saturday on 15:47 - Oct 8 by Dale_4_Life | Grimsby and Accy (our next two home games) should have bumper crowds… To any lapsed supporter the matchday experience is a pretty good one!! Wanding and Kettling aside!!! |
I hope you're right, but I'm not convinced those crowds will be as bumper as you think. Grimsby is on a Tuesday night when attendances generally drop a bit anyway, while Accrington have only averaged 421 travelling fans on their visits since they returned to the EFL. It's a shame the two games aren't the other way around, as I think Grimsby might have brought more on a Saturday than a Tuesday, whereas I don't think it will matter either way for Accrington. |  |
| Maestro? No.
Elite? No.
Heavyweight poster? No.
Able to be rational and not over-react to individual results? Yes. |
|  |
| Attendance Saturday on 20:49 - Oct 8 with 264 views | 442Dale |
| Attendance Saturday on 20:33 - Oct 8 by TVOS1907 | I hope you're right, but I'm not convinced those crowds will be as bumper as you think. Grimsby is on a Tuesday night when attendances generally drop a bit anyway, while Accrington have only averaged 421 travelling fans on their visits since they returned to the EFL. It's a shame the two games aren't the other way around, as I think Grimsby might have brought more on a Saturday than a Tuesday, whereas I don't think it will matter either way for Accrington. |
It’s also a shame the midweek fixture isn’t a week later when it’s half-term. That would have probably seen an increased attendance. As it is, would be happy with 2500 home fans that night (may change if we win the next two) |  |
|  |
| |