Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terry Connor - Wolves 22:52 - Apr 10 with 4378 viewsslranger40

Is there something wrong with him, apart from managing Wolves?

He seems to spending his life pleading and holding back the tears.

Poor lamb, someone better call the Samaritans.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Terry Connor - Wolves on 22:57 - Apr 10 with 3429 viewsCHUBBS

Sack Rhino skinned Mcarthey and bring in a softly spoken fella who doesn't like the limelight?
They couldn't have picked a worse man for the job.Good for us that they did though
Terry Connor - Wolves on 23:03 - Apr 10 with 3394 viewsslranger40

Terry Connor - Wolves on 22:57 - Apr 10 by CHUBBS

Sack Rhino skinned Mcarthey and bring in a softly spoken fella who doesn't like the limelight?
They couldn't have picked a worse man for the job.Good for us that they did though

He looks like a man on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

Can't imagine what he will be like when the numbers confirm they are down.

His team talks must be a right barrel of laughs.. "please lads, please put the ball between the posts and I beg you not let the evil opposition put the ball in our net"

Good grief.
Terry Connor - Wolves on 23:07 - Apr 10 with 3376 viewsDaiHo0p

When MOTD does it Black n White turn to Colour title sequence thing, it's like watching ROOTS, when the series skips a generation.....
Terry Connor - Wolves on 23:18 - Apr 10 with 3333 viewsted_hendrix

There have been reports of training ground punch ups, also they brought In Johnson and made him captain and Johnson Is not liked by most of the Wolves players.
All good news of course.
One down, two to go.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Terry Connor - Wolves on 23:23 - Apr 10 with 3317 viewsW7Ranger

Terry Connor - Wolves on 23:18 - Apr 10 by ted_hendrix

There have been reports of training ground punch ups, also they brought In Johnson and made him captain and Johnson Is not liked by most of the Wolves players.
All good news of course.
One down, two to go.

Why is he not liked?

I also don't get why Henessey was mouthing off to him during that game a couple of weeks ago. Seemed completely out of the blue and unjustified. Unless like you say there are some "off the field" issues festering??? Still, who cares??? Keep it up!
Terry Connor - Wolves on 23:28 - Apr 10 with 3300 viewsTGRRRSSS

Johnsons wife tweeted the other week maning her other half had been dropped.
Think Johnson isn't popular at Wolves, not sure why but he isn't.
As for Connor, was number 2 with McCarthy, they cocked up not getting a new bloke in, as a result they have same team as before minus the experience Mccarthy had as a manager now they've a rookie who's out of his depth.
Terry Connor - Wolves on 23:31 - Apr 10 with 3288 viewsDaiHo0p

Terry Connor - Wolves on 23:28 - Apr 10 by TGRRRSSS

Johnsons wife tweeted the other week maning her other half had been dropped.
Think Johnson isn't popular at Wolves, not sure why but he isn't.
As for Connor, was number 2 with McCarthy, they cocked up not getting a new bloke in, as a result they have same team as before minus the experience Mccarthy had as a manager now they've a rookie who's out of his depth.

What does maning your other half include?
Terry Connor - Wolves on 00:06 - Apr 11 with 3230 viewszicoshoops

Connor is a Coach not a Manager, and has been hung out to dry, which obviously does us a favour.
The Owner saw what Sunderland did and thought he would get the same result.
(thank F**k we didn't do that eh)

Johnson?
Well......
Turning up for training the worse for wear doesn't exactly help the cause.
Login to get fewer ads

Terry Connor - Wolves on 00:15 - Apr 11 with 3212 viewsN12Hoop

Terry Connor - Wolves on 00:06 - Apr 11 by zicoshoops

Connor is a Coach not a Manager, and has been hung out to dry, which obviously does us a favour.

Johnson?
Well......

Weren't we strongly linked with Johnson? Glad we didn't get him. Not impressed with him at all.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Terry Connor - Wolves on 00:20 - Apr 11 with 3201 viewsW7Ranger

Terry Connor - Wolves on 00:06 - Apr 11 by zicoshoops

Johnson?
Well......

Could've hung out with Keith Curle then!!
Terry Connor - Wolves on 08:05 - Apr 11 with 3095 viewsClive_Anderson

I don't reckon Wolves are down just yet. They're only six points behind and it wouldn't surprise me if they beat Arsenal tonight.

They were totally cheated by the ref to lose against Bolton a few games back (sound familiar?).
Terry Connor - Wolves on 08:45 - Apr 11 with 3017 viewsLewes_r

Terry Connor - Wolves on 08:05 - Apr 11 by Clive_Anderson

I don't reckon Wolves are down just yet. They're only six points behind and it wouldn't surprise me if they beat Arsenal tonight.

They were totally cheated by the ref to lose against Bolton a few games back (sound familiar?).

Nah cant see it they are shit

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Terry Connor - Wolves on 09:00 - Apr 11 with 2993 viewsTonto

I feel really sorry for Connor. one of those really good "one club" men thats been with Wolves since the year dot and does his job without complaining.

Now he's been given an impossible job, one thats likley to result in him being fired. Fired from that same club he has shown loyalty to (somethign that doesn't exist very often in football). And I doubt he will get another job in football - at least at the same level - again.

Now I accept he could have said no - but then again where would that leave Wolves?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Terry Connor - Wolves on 09:25 - Apr 11 with 2963 viewsHayesender

Terry Connor - Wolves on 09:00 - Apr 11 by Tonto

I feel really sorry for Connor. one of those really good "one club" men thats been with Wolves since the year dot and does his job without complaining.

Now he's been given an impossible job, one thats likley to result in him being fired. Fired from that same club he has shown loyalty to (somethign that doesn't exist very often in football). And I doubt he will get another job in football - at least at the same level - again.

Now I accept he could have said no - but then again where would that leave Wolves?

As soon as Mick McCarthy gets another job, Conner will go with him

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Terry Connor - Wolves on 09:47 - Apr 11 with 2935 viewsJamie

Terry Connor - Wolves on 09:00 - Apr 11 by Tonto

would imagine Connor will be eased back into a coaching role at the club over the summer. No reason why he cant retain a coaching role and really no reason why he wouldnt want one.
Terry Connor - Wolves on 10:23 - Apr 11 with 2877 viewsHollowayRanger

back room nice guy thrown in the deep end to the lions ,doesnt stand a prayer!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Terry Connor - Wolves on 10:30 - Apr 11 with 2869 viewsClive_Anderson

Terry Connor - Wolves on 08:45 - Apr 11 by Lewes_r

Nah cant see it they are shit

Not as sh*t as Bolton and they managed to string a few wins together.
Terry Connor - Wolves on 12:36 - Apr 11 with 2772 viewsthemodfather

Terry Connor - Wolves on 10:30 - Apr 11 by Clive_Anderson

Not as sh*t as Bolton and they managed to string a few wins together.

he looks ill...always seems near to tears, maybe just the media thing was not expected nor the managers job.....he's the fall guy for a relegation.
Terry Connor - Wolves on 12:55 - Apr 11 with 2737 viewsNorthernr

On Johnson - being disliked might have something to do with the enormous amount of money paid for him relative to his performances, him coming straight in and taking the captaincy from Karl Henry, and his penchant to turn up to training pissd up.

On Connor, I think it's important to look at the performance and ethos of the chairman Steve Morgan here. This is a man who is actually running a Premiership club at a profit, securing its future for years to come and investing in long term things like ground improvements and youth set up rather than short term fixes like big money footballers.

He'll have noticed, no doubt, that near neighbours West Brom have steadily built a midtable Premiership club from an almost relegated First Division one through years and years of careful financial planning and management. Sometimes West Brom have lashed out a big fee, but they've never left themselves with a bloated squad of 50 players on ridiculous money as we have done. They've learnt the lessons of clubs like Leeds, Forest and Southampton and they've avoided making the same mistakes. They've suffered three relegations along the way, but they've always been in a position to bounce back immediately and they're much better off for it. Wolves are going for something similar I think.

Morgan could have done what we did, and throw a load of money at it in January to try and buy survival. It hasn't worked well for us, and it's bankrupted clubs previously. If we do go down we'll be lumbered with a load of players on massive wages becase, quote, "they wouldn't have signed contracts with those clauses in." At QPR if a player refuses a relegation reduction clause you take the clause out and sign the player anyway, at Wolves if he refuses you don't sign him.

They spoke to several managers when they got rid of McCarthy (and for those that say they wouldn't have done any worse had they kept him their performance in his last game against West Brom was flabbergasting) and all of them wanted assurances that they'd have buckets of money to spend on players and their contract wouldn't be reduced on relegation. Morgan said no to both and went with a cheap option instead knowing that if they do go down the club will be in the financial position to bounce back.

They'll appoint a new manager in the summer, Connor will revert back to being a coach and they'll be the best positioned of the relegated sides to win the Championship next year at which point they'd return to the Premiership with a more settled set up and better bank balance than the other promoted teams.

So who's the idiot here exactly? Not Connor, not Morgan...
Terry Connor - Wolves on 13:08 - Apr 11 with 2699 viewsmikeygunn

what ever happened to Ricky Sbragia? Similer type of fella that did a sterling job at keeping Sunderland up a few years ago.
Terry Connor - Wolves on 13:11 - Apr 11 with 2693 viewsJamie

Terry Connor - Wolves on 13:08 - Apr 11 by mikeygunn

what ever happened to Ricky Sbragia? Similer type of fella that did a sterling job at keeping Sunderland up a few years ago.

Sbragia manages the Scotland U17s.

Steve Bruce accepted the job on the same terms as Connor is operating. The fans revolted though.
Terry Connor - Wolves on 13:12 - Apr 11 with 2692 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Very good post, Clive.

Highlights the worries I have for Rangers, too.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Terry Connor - Wolves on 13:23 - Apr 11 with 2670 viewsNorthernr

Terry Connor - Wolves on 13:11 - Apr 11 by Jamie

Sbragia manages the Scotland U17s.

Steve Bruce accepted the job on the same terms as Connor is operating. The fans revolted though.

Steve Bruce provisionally accepted the job, but not on the same terms and Wolves pulled out.
Terry Connor - Wolves (n/t) on 13:31 - Apr 11 with 2648 viewsRangersw12

Terry Connor - Wolves on 12:55 - Apr 11 by Northernr

On Johnson - being disliked might have something to do with the enormous amount of money paid for him relative to his performances, him coming straight in and taking the captaincy from Karl Henry, and his penchant to turn up to training pissd up.

On Connor, I think it's important to look at the performance and ethos of the chairman Steve Morgan here. This is a man who is actually running a Premiership club at a profit, securing its future for years to come and investing in long term things like ground improvements and youth set up rather than short term fixes like big money footballers.

He'll have noticed, no doubt, that near neighbours West Brom have steadily built a midtable Premiership club from an almost relegated First Division one through years and years of careful financial planning and management. Sometimes West Brom have lashed out a big fee, but they've never left themselves with a bloated squad of 50 players on ridiculous money as we have done. They've learnt the lessons of clubs like Leeds, Forest and Southampton and they've avoided making the same mistakes. They've suffered three relegations along the way, but they've always been in a position to bounce back immediately and they're much better off for it. Wolves are going for something similar I think.

Morgan could have done what we did, and throw a load of money at it in January to try and buy survival. It hasn't worked well for us, and it's bankrupted clubs previously. If we do go down we'll be lumbered with a load of players on massive wages becase, quote, "they wouldn't have signed contracts with those clauses in." At QPR if a player refuses a relegation reduction clause you take the clause out and sign the player anyway, at Wolves if he refuses you don't sign him.

They spoke to several managers when they got rid of McCarthy (and for those that say they wouldn't have done any worse had they kept him their performance in his last game against West Brom was flabbergasting) and all of them wanted assurances that they'd have buckets of money to spend on players and their contract wouldn't be reduced on relegation. Morgan said no to both and went with a cheap option instead knowing that if they do go down the club will be in the financial position to bounce back.

They'll appoint a new manager in the summer, Connor will revert back to being a coach and they'll be the best positioned of the relegated sides to win the Championship next year at which point they'd return to the Premiership with a more settled set up and better bank balance than the other promoted teams.

So who's the idiot here exactly? Not Connor, not Morgan...

Could you imagine the uproar if we had sacked Warnock and appointed Bircham as manager till the end of season !? Protests after every game etc

You seem to also forget that a lot of deadwood will be going at the end of season so we will have a relatiely small squad come start of the season whatever division we are in

Terry Connor - Wolves (n/t) on 13:41 - Apr 11 with 2623 viewsNorthernr

Terry Connor - Wolves (n/t) on 13:31 - Apr 11 by Rangersw12

Could you imagine the uproar if we had sacked Warnock and appointed Bircham as manager till the end of season !? Protests after every game etc

You seem to also forget that a lot of deadwood will be going at the end of season so we will have a relatiely small squad come start of the season whatever division we are in

You seem to forget that the deadwood is only half the problem. Our club with its stadium and income cannot afford the squad it currently has now in the Premiership, the losses next season if we end up a division lower with Cisse, Barton, SWP, Ferdinand, Onuoha, Zamora etc etc on the pay roll will be astronomical.

And the circumstances between Warnock's sacking and McCarthy's are totally different. Ours was a gamble, their's was inevitable. They were getting thrashed on a weekly basis.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024