Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really really really really really really really 16:44 - Sep 8 with 10925 viewsG_Dale

Shite

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Really really really really really really really on 18:59 - Sep 8 with 1394 viewsYouTubeDale

Ray was unlucky not to score in the first half - shots to near post. In the last five minutes we were very unlucky not to score with the number of blocks stopping us. Grant tried hard in the first half on the counter attacks.
Our passing was woeful at times and Cavanah seems to be a culprit every match he plays.
Zola was causing us problems at the back and we only just coped. A cracking goal in the top right corner but we should have closed him down.
Even Tutte was not at his best today. For me Adebola doesn't add enough and could prove to be a poor signing - but there is still plenty of time to prove me wrong. And with only 1 man in the box when attacking - we should do better. Even at the end we had 5 players back and not one Burton player forward at one point.

On another day all our passes are completed and the shots go in. Today, we deserved a good shaking. Oh, and the ref was shite too.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Really really really really really really really on 19:00 - Sep 8 with 1390 views442Dale

Really really really really really really really on 18:44 - Sep 8 by Newbury_Dale

That's not too difficult

dele/mcintyre/pearson/curran/craney/cavanagh/domnelly

Jury out on Phil Edwards

The first three have done ok, Cavanagh too (when fit).

Don't know why we gave Curran a year.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Really really really really really really really on 19:05 - Sep 8 with 1374 viewsFrog

I thought Pearson was dreadful too, slow, often out of position and couldn't play pass the parcel
Really really really really really really really on 19:11 - Sep 8 with 1351 viewsphomem

Really really really really really really really on 19:00 - Sep 8 by 442Dale

The first three have done ok, Cavanagh too (when fit).

Don't know why we gave Curran a year.

Curran hasn't had a chance yet. We didn't have adebola or grant signed either when he joined
Really really really really really really really on 19:12 - Sep 8 with 1343 viewsolympicdale

Really really really really really really really on 18:44 - Sep 8 by Newbury_Dale

That's not too difficult

dele/mcintyre/pearson/curran/craney/cavanagh/domnelly

Jury out on Phil Edwards

they haven't come from non league you idiot, which was what you first insinuated, good god....

Life is a game of fate.

Really really really really really really really on 19:18 - Sep 8 with 1321 viewsR17ALE

Really really really really really really really on 18:12 - Sep 8 by DaleFan7

It's the whole club, it's going down the shitter.

That's the most worrying post on this thread.

We barely scraped 2000 home fans today. The home contingent v Fleetwood was 40% down on the home contingent v Walsall this time last year in the same competition.

It's only 2 years since we were winning away at Soton.

FFS.

We warned the club to fix the holes in the roof whilst the sun was shining. They ignored us. They continue to ignore the grave concerns of so many fans with a smug "we know best" attitude.

Even more worrying is the apparent U turn on us not being the last port of call for journeyman footballers. However we dress it up, Adebola is reverting to the policy of Barrow and other footballing luminaries of our past.

Hundreds of fans have already walked away and hundreds more will.

Getting this club to wise up, and be fan centric both on and off the pitch is proving to be harder than poking fog up a steep hill with a pointed stick.

Everyone I know who has already called it a day has said it's because of the club's attitude to fans, not relegation/Eyre etc. But the club seem to be under a hypnotic spell that things aren't as bad as they seem.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Really really really really really really really on 19:22 - Sep 8 with 1304 views442Dale

At what point do the board start showing concern about attendances?

Forget the football, we're down under 2000 home fans after a semi-decent week results wise, what are they doing differently to address this?

Really really really really really really really on 19:23 - Sep 8 with 1297 viewsolympicdale

Really really really really really really really on 19:22 - Sep 8 by 442Dale

At what point do the board start showing concern about attendances?

Forget the football, we're down under 2000 home fans after a semi-decent week results wise, what are they doing differently to address this?

naff all, 'cause everythings fine.....

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

Really really really really really really really on 19:27 - Sep 8 with 1283 viewsolympicdale

Really really really really really really really on 19:18 - Sep 8 by R17ALE

That's the most worrying post on this thread.

We barely scraped 2000 home fans today. The home contingent v Fleetwood was 40% down on the home contingent v Walsall this time last year in the same competition.

It's only 2 years since we were winning away at Soton.

FFS.

We warned the club to fix the holes in the roof whilst the sun was shining. They ignored us. They continue to ignore the grave concerns of so many fans with a smug "we know best" attitude.

Even more worrying is the apparent U turn on us not being the last port of call for journeyman footballers. However we dress it up, Adebola is reverting to the policy of Barrow and other footballing luminaries of our past.

Hundreds of fans have already walked away and hundreds more will.

Getting this club to wise up, and be fan centric both on and off the pitch is proving to be harder than poking fog up a steep hill with a pointed stick.

Everyone I know who has already called it a day has said it's because of the club's attitude to fans, not relegation/Eyre etc. But the club seem to be under a hypnotic spell that things aren't as bad as they seem.

Unless the fans show a public disgust at these kind of things, and I can't see that happening, they wont change, they'd prefer to sit in the dark and think everything's fine and dandy.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Life is a game of fate.

Really really really really really really really on 19:52 - Sep 8 with 1218 viewsNewbury_Dale

Really really really really really really really on 19:12 - Sep 8 by olympicdale

they haven't come from non league you idiot, which was what you first insinuated, good god....

Why the personal insults Olympicdale ? Can you not accept that someone might have an opinion different to your own ?
Really really really really really really really on 20:26 - Sep 8 with 1157 views442Dale

Really really really really really really really on 19:52 - Sep 8 by Newbury_Dale

Why the personal insults Olympicdale ? Can you not accept that someone might have an opinion different to your own ?

Nowt wrong with a different opinion, but did they all come from non league?

Really really really really really really really on 20:37 - Sep 8 with 1137 viewsdaleuxb

can i totally agree that is the worst performance that i have seen at ther dale for many years. I took my dad who is 80 years old and been a dale fan all his life and said it was the worst game he has seen in at least 10 years.
Totally lacking in forward ambition totally lacking in midfield authority , I felt that the game was like a sunday league !! totally gutted about the last few home games and dont think we will get anywhere with him in charge.
very bad appointmeht i feel by the board.
Really really really really really really really on 20:50 - Sep 8 with 1120 viewsrochedale

John Coleman will take Rochdale AFC nowhere.

Rochdale AFC need either a Hilcroft take 2 or an injection of cash to see us climb the leagues again. John Coleman and Jimmy Bell will only do what most other Rochdale managers have done, they are not in the same league as Hill or Parkin. I stand by my comment months ago, regarding their training techniques.

You can't moan at them for the formation they play, what choice do they have? WE HAVE NO WINGERS!!!! How else do you expect us to play? And, if you haven't noticed, 433, 451, 4231, or whatever you want to call it, is the system that many prem managers seem to be adopting to compete with Europe, so you can't say it doesn't work.

The bottom line is, JC and JB will not get us promoted. They haven't got that extra spark that a team like us need. Hilcroft had it. Until we find that golden egg again or one of us lot win the Euromillions, we will stay as we are. It's a shame, we all want to dream, and will still do, that is half the fun, but this time next year we will be moaning about the same old stuff!!!

Get over it, we have put up with it for years. I am not even gunna get started on the main root of the problem...... I wonder where we would be now if we still had Steve Eyre.... I bet not much different than we are now.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Really really really really really really really on 21:39 - Sep 8 with 1060 views442Dale

Really really really really really really really on 20:50 - Sep 8 by rochedale

John Coleman will take Rochdale AFC nowhere.

Rochdale AFC need either a Hilcroft take 2 or an injection of cash to see us climb the leagues again. John Coleman and Jimmy Bell will only do what most other Rochdale managers have done, they are not in the same league as Hill or Parkin. I stand by my comment months ago, regarding their training techniques.

You can't moan at them for the formation they play, what choice do they have? WE HAVE NO WINGERS!!!! How else do you expect us to play? And, if you haven't noticed, 433, 451, 4231, or whatever you want to call it, is the system that many prem managers seem to be adopting to compete with Europe, so you can't say it doesn't work.

The bottom line is, JC and JB will not get us promoted. They haven't got that extra spark that a team like us need. Hilcroft had it. Until we find that golden egg again or one of us lot win the Euromillions, we will stay as we are. It's a shame, we all want to dream, and will still do, that is half the fun, but this time next year we will be moaning about the same old stuff!!!

Get over it, we have put up with it for years. I am not even gunna get started on the main root of the problem...... I wonder where we would be now if we still had Steve Eyre.... I bet not much different than we are now.

But we might not be where we are now if Eyre hadn't been appointed in the first place.

It's impossible to say for definite of course, but with Coleman in charge from day one last season, I don't think we'd have gone down.

Does this mean he'll take us back up? Really don't know.

Really really really really really really really on 21:45 - Sep 8 with 1046 viewsAndyH

'Widest pitch in the league'..... noticed today they had narrowed it.

The team isn't good enough... simple as that. Bottom half finish, survival = success.

Back to the 1980's
Really really really really really really really on 21:51 - Sep 8 with 1032 views442Dale

Really really really really really really really on 21:45 - Sep 8 by AndyH

'Widest pitch in the league'..... noticed today they had narrowed it.

The team isn't good enough... simple as that. Bottom half finish, survival = success.

Back to the 1980's

Has it been narrowed on the Wilbutts side only because the main stand touchline is still right next to the astroturfed technical area.

Really really really really really really really on 21:53 - Sep 8 with 1027 viewsAndyH

Really really really really really really really on 21:51 - Sep 8 by 442Dale

Has it been narrowed on the Wilbutts side only because the main stand touchline is still right next to the astroturfed technical area.

No main stand side... looks about a yard in? Maybe ground staff re wear and tear or a slow tactic by JC to eradicate the need for wings and play the long ball :)
Really really really really really really really on 22:03 - Sep 8 with 1002 views442Dale

Really really really really really really really on 21:53 - Sep 8 by AndyH

No main stand side... looks about a yard in? Maybe ground staff re wear and tear or a slow tactic by JC to eradicate the need for wings and play the long ball :)

Right on the edge of the technical area still, unless the astroturf has been extended.

Really really really really really really really on 22:30 - Sep 8 with 967 views49thseason

Really really really really really really really on 22:03 - Sep 8 by 442Dale

Right on the edge of the technical area still, unless the astroturf has been extended.

I don't think Coleman is sharp enough to make the pitch narrower! It just makes life easier for clubs who come to Spotland and do have wingers (not to mention forcing us to play the widest 433 system ever seen). 433 at Spotland was attempted by Hill and failed, by Eyre and failed, by Beech and failed and now Coleman is cutting his own throat by continuing the same tactics. Either use the width or lose it but don't keep wondering why we cant play 433 and blaming league two standard players when it all goes wrong.
Really really really really really really really on 22:35 - Sep 8 with 961 viewsrochedale

Really really really really really really really on 21:39 - Sep 8 by 442Dale

But we might not be where we are now if Eyre hadn't been appointed in the first place.

It's impossible to say for definite of course, but with Coleman in charge from day one last season, I don't think we'd have gone down.

Does this mean he'll take us back up? Really don't know.

Exactly. We don't really know either way. I don't know the stats, only TVOS knows that. All I was trying to say was that Eyre got slated big time, and everybody wanted JC, but are JC's stats any better? I doubt they are.

Could anybody, even JC, have done such a greater job than SE?

We pleaded for JC. He has had the chance to build his own squad. Is it better than what Eyre assembled? Did JC elevate us higher than the position that we finished with SE? IMO, SE signed some bad players and was poorly advised, he started slowly but seemed to be gaining momentum. We wanted him out because we wanted a repeat of Hilcroft, but we got rid just as it looked as though it was starting to gel. It never happened, it never was going to. JC has done no better than SE, and now we are in league 2 and he is still doing no better.

It just goes to show what a miracle Hilcroft did, and a poisened chalice that SE inherited.

I was always in the 'For SE camp', only because I knew that whoever we appointed would never replicate our previous recent success. JC certainly hasn't proved that he has done better, I am sure that the stats would prove I am right.

Away at Preston last year saw the debut of young Harry Bunn. I walked away from that match thinking we had just signed our new Sandy Lane Stand, he was awesome, the best debut I had seen.

SE may have blagged it, or his previous employers may have been creative with his CV, does anybody really know the truth of where and how he came to be our manager? I wanted us to give him a good shot, he was young and enthusiastic. What he lacked in experience he gained in ambition.

That is all pie in the sky now. What I cant understand is why we thought JC was the Messiah. Looks like we are finally seeing that he isn't. I commented that his training was pathetic, non-league, non-pregressional and certainly not in this era. Did Jonah leave just for a better contract? Yes probably, but I am sure that if he had faith in the manager he would've wanted to finish off his career with us.

Remember, we had a great team when Hilcroft left, the team that got dismembered, to the point that only a fool couldn't see that a major cash input into the playing staff would help us compete in league one. SE, JC, Kevin Keegan, Sven, Roy Hodgson and even Alex Ferguson couldn't have kept us in that league without the players we lost. But, hey, JC is the saviour, he fookin aint, and never will be. He aint that great. Prove me wrong JC, please, I am waiting....

Really really really really really really really on 22:46 - Sep 8 with 940 viewsrochedale

And, before you ask, I will answer... Would I want new, ambitious, young, hungry, premier league youth players trying to stake their name as professional footballers given a chance with us, rather than, ex accy stanley journeymen. Yes I would, definately. I don't think we would be any worse off than we are now.

4 months we gave SE, how long do we give JC? Much longer I reckon, unfortunately, but the outcome wont be better.

Really really really really really really really on 22:50 - Sep 8 with 932 viewsSandyman

Gutless, clueless, absolutely embarassing. *points finger at manager*

That was a performance worthy of a sacking.

At least it's saved me £70 because there is no way I'm going to Wimbledon next week after that. Was really looking forward to that as an awayday - not now.

YOUR team Coleman. YOUR win/loss record here is a joke. YOUR team today was as bad as anything seen under Eyre or Simpson. If not worse.

Sort it or go.

Or should that be the person who appointed a second abject manager in a row?

Questions, Questions..........

A seriously depressing Dale day.

Really really really really really really really on 23:13 - Sep 8 with 894 views442Dale

Really really really really really really really on 22:35 - Sep 8 by rochedale

Exactly. We don't really know either way. I don't know the stats, only TVOS knows that. All I was trying to say was that Eyre got slated big time, and everybody wanted JC, but are JC's stats any better? I doubt they are.

Could anybody, even JC, have done such a greater job than SE?

We pleaded for JC. He has had the chance to build his own squad. Is it better than what Eyre assembled? Did JC elevate us higher than the position that we finished with SE? IMO, SE signed some bad players and was poorly advised, he started slowly but seemed to be gaining momentum. We wanted him out because we wanted a repeat of Hilcroft, but we got rid just as it looked as though it was starting to gel. It never happened, it never was going to. JC has done no better than SE, and now we are in league 2 and he is still doing no better.

It just goes to show what a miracle Hilcroft did, and a poisened chalice that SE inherited.

I was always in the 'For SE camp', only because I knew that whoever we appointed would never replicate our previous recent success. JC certainly hasn't proved that he has done better, I am sure that the stats would prove I am right.

Away at Preston last year saw the debut of young Harry Bunn. I walked away from that match thinking we had just signed our new Sandy Lane Stand, he was awesome, the best debut I had seen.

SE may have blagged it, or his previous employers may have been creative with his CV, does anybody really know the truth of where and how he came to be our manager? I wanted us to give him a good shot, he was young and enthusiastic. What he lacked in experience he gained in ambition.

That is all pie in the sky now. What I cant understand is why we thought JC was the Messiah. Looks like we are finally seeing that he isn't. I commented that his training was pathetic, non-league, non-pregressional and certainly not in this era. Did Jonah leave just for a better contract? Yes probably, but I am sure that if he had faith in the manager he would've wanted to finish off his career with us.

Remember, we had a great team when Hilcroft left, the team that got dismembered, to the point that only a fool couldn't see that a major cash input into the playing staff would help us compete in league one. SE, JC, Kevin Keegan, Sven, Roy Hodgson and even Alex Ferguson couldn't have kept us in that league without the players we lost. But, hey, JC is the saviour, he fookin aint, and never will be. He aint that great. Prove me wrong JC, please, I am waiting....

The jury is still out on Coleman, think most would agree on that.

Back to Eyre...

Started slowly but was gaining momentum? He won one of his last twelve games before being sacked. In that time he brought in players like Holden and Jordan (journeymen), Bergkamp (terrible), Ball and Bunn (flattered to deceive - both continuing to do so as well). Not sure how Bunn could have been a new stand as he was only on loan.

Let's see where we are in a couple of months.

Really really really really really really really on 23:15 - Sep 8 with 893 viewsSFD

Really really really really really really really on 22:50 - Sep 8 by Sandyman

Gutless, clueless, absolutely embarassing. *points finger at manager*

That was a performance worthy of a sacking.

At least it's saved me £70 because there is no way I'm going to Wimbledon next week after that. Was really looking forward to that as an awayday - not now.

YOUR team Coleman. YOUR win/loss record here is a joke. YOUR team today was as bad as anything seen under Eyre or Simpson. If not worse.

Sort it or go.

Or should that be the person who appointed a second abject manager in a row?

Questions, Questions..........

A seriously depressing Dale day.

The chairman got lucky when Hilly came through, otherwise his decision making has been woeful.
Really really really really really really really on 23:25 - Sep 8 with 869 viewsNerazzurri

Who was the last Dale chairman to make good managerial decisions then? We are always relying on luck given our lack of resources.

Forza Nerazzurri

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024