Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really really really really really really really 16:44 - Sep 8 with 10924 viewsG_Dale

Shite

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Really really really really really really really on 12:56 - Sep 9 with 1338 viewsD_Alien

Really really really really really really really on 11:53 - Sep 9 by DaleAwaydayBot

I am actually glad i get a football fix on Monday watching our country's U21s against Norway and even more glad i chose to book on the Rotherham United coach instead of the Wimbledon one

How is Cava still Captain and now people can't say it were just one game were he has given the ball to opposition as those who witnessed Torquay fully well know we play better football when Tutte is incharge it also says it all when the captain gets subbed surely Tutte should be promoted to Captain after Fleetwood Town and other games were there was vast improvements got nout against coleman or his tactics but why play a proven goalscorer out of position if he were in the right position yesterday would of scored a couple of goals

Why do we always get the dodgiest Football League Official's are we the games at were Evo-Stik Official's get promoted in their first job but looking back on the Referee's record we were never gonna have things go our way

I could get very little positives out of the game apart from Cava getting subbed being the highlight but why take JK off i never understood that bit but i am not the manager and not incharge of the team but i am a fan voices my frustration at yesterday's performance after beating Fleetwood Town on Tuesday i know it were a different team but Burton Albion were nothing special they were poorer if anything compared to their 2010 side what did the double over us

The question is were we playing for the draw???

Just a question, not particularly aimed at you Tazzy, but more with the lads you were with at the game.

Why were they singing their hearts out in the Church then completely silent during the game? Had they peaked too early??

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Really really really really really really really on 12:58 - Sep 9 with 1338 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Really really really really really really really on 12:56 - Sep 9 by D_Alien

Just a question, not particularly aimed at you Tazzy, but more with the lads you were with at the game.

Why were they singing their hearts out in the Church then completely silent during the game? Had they peaked too early??

No Idea really i wasn't sat with them yesterday i were sat elsewhere first half and second half

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Really really really really really really really on 13:14 - Sep 9 with 1318 viewsSuddenLad

Really really really really really really really on 11:39 - Sep 9 by D_Alien

Easy to say when you've just saved £54

But seriously, I've been the staunchest of supporters/defenders of Coleman up to now

Turning up to the game yesterday, I was expecting as a bare minimum competence and drive. Instead, we were incompetent in virtually every area (goalkeeper apart) and let an average side show greater urgency than us. That, I would have thought, was going to be a trademark of a Coleman team.

I can cope with disappointing results, but IMHO there was more going on in that display than merely a team waiting to gel. Sorry, but I've been watching sport long enough now to see the difference.

If you think about the three season tickets we refused to buy, we've actually saved ourselves over £800............

That apart, isn't what you saw yesterday just an indication and example of what I was saying? That the team is taking a long time to gel?

There have been so many changes in personnel that any business in any industry would take time to produce adequate results after such wholesale changes. iq1

I'm not saying there's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, but I would suggest that better times are ahead, but perhaps not as quickly as we may like.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Really really really really really really really on 13:38 - Sep 9 with 1284 viewsolympicdale

But seriously, I've been the staunchest of supporters/defenders of Coleman up to now

Turning up to the game yesterday, I was expecting as a bare minimum competence and drive. Instead, we were incompetent in virtually every area (goalkeeper apart) and let an average side show greater urgency than us. That, I would have thought, was going to be a trademark of a Coleman team.

I can cope with disappointing results, but IMHO there was more going on in that display than merely a team waiting to gel. Sorry, but I've been watching sport long enough now to see the difference.

So one terrible performance in the season so far and now we're calling for Colemans head? utterly ridiculous, we need stability, after last seasons debarcle, and after five games into his true reign is just ludicrous. We need to be backing this team/manager because this is a rebuilding project that will take time, not going to wave a magic wand at it and be okay.

I think the last paragraph is over-thinking the situation, this is a whole new starting 11 and will have games like this until they get used to each others games etc, Many players had an off day and they were not at the races, every team has off days, it would be more of a concern if this time next week we are saying the same things. I don't exactly know what the last sentence is supposed to be saying, what are you saying is going on, 'cause we've all seen plenty of games throughout the years, and this is just one of those days.

Coleman will be judged at the end of May, not the end of August, geez.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Life is a game of fate.

Really really really really really really really on 13:57 - Sep 9 with 1259 viewsTVOS1907

Really really really really really really really on 13:38 - Sep 9 by olympicdale

So one terrible performance in the season so far and now we're calling for Colemans head? utterly ridiculous, we need stability, after last seasons debarcle, and after five games into his true reign is just ludicrous. We need to be backing this team/manager because this is a rebuilding project that will take time, not going to wave a magic wand at it and be okay.

I think the last paragraph is over-thinking the situation, this is a whole new starting 11 and will have games like this until they get used to each others games etc, Many players had an off day and they were not at the races, every team has off days, it would be more of a concern if this time next week we are saying the same things. I don't exactly know what the last sentence is supposed to be saying, what are you saying is going on, 'cause we've all seen plenty of games throughout the years, and this is just one of those days.

D_Alien wasn't calling for Coleman's head.

He said he had been one of his staunchest supporters up to now.

There is a difference.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Really really really really really really really on 14:32 - Sep 9 with 1211 viewsolympicdale

Really really really really really really really on 13:57 - Sep 9 by TVOS1907

D_Alien wasn't calling for Coleman's head.

He said he had been one of his staunchest supporters up to now.

There is a difference.

It read to me that, after that he's lost faith in Coleman, saying up to now he's been backed, well even if he didnt mean what I thought, there are still some people here that seem to be questioning Colemans appointment, and that is just ridiculous.

Life is a game of fate.

Really really really really really really really on 15:15 - Sep 9 with 1173 viewsmacro

Really really really really really really really on 14:32 - Sep 9 by olympicdale

It read to me that, after that he's lost faith in Coleman, saying up to now he's been backed, well even if he didnt mean what I thought, there are still some people here that seem to be questioning Colemans appointment, and that is just ridiculous.

It's not ridiculous after basically 4 wins in half a season
Really really really really really really really on 15:25 - Sep 9 with 1158 viewsSkiptonDale

I don't tend to post on the same day after a match as emotions are running high and I can easily exaggerate how I'm feeling, especially after a poor performance.

Having said that, a day later and having poisoned myself a lot last night, I feel sorry for the word Shite having to be compared to us yesterday.

The only chances I can remember were long range shots from Grant and Tutte, the Grant free kick that you'd expect any keeper to save and the JK chance at the near post from a corner.

Defensively we couldn't cope with Zola. He was bringing down every ball and we were backing off him allowing him to lay it off to supporting players. Pearson didn't do 'too' badly, but there were a lot of times were Maghoma gave him the run around and got plenty of crosses in. At the other end, Diamond seemed dominant in the air for them, and any attempts we tried to have were very quickly closed down and blocked by their defenders.

This 4-3-3 formation isn't working for me with our personnel. I wish I'd been able to go on Tuesday to see what Putterill can do after all the praise he had but for me, he just seems to be a tricky winger, but lacks pace and the strength to actually go past someone like Will Buckley used to do. Nice to see Coleman try and change it I guess by putting more forwards on.

I was also very pleased to see Cavanagh get subbed as I was a bit worried that him having that red arm band might've meant he was un-sub-able / drop-able. I can't see what Cavanagh offers at all. He's hard in the tackle but so is JK. Barry-Murphy to start for me, he's more composed on the ball and his passing range is as good as anyone's who I've ever seen at Dale.

Fair enough to give the man of the match to Lillis, he made some good saves. I also thought Kev McIntyre played ok. Not well, just ok. But that made him stand out a bit to me. He didn't misplace 10 yard passes like the others.
Login to get fewer ads

Really really really really really really really on 15:41 - Sep 9 with 1136 viewsfirgrovedale51

Really really really really really really really on 13:38 - Sep 9 by olympicdale

Most of that was said last season and looked what happened
We have no wingers in my opinion we need wide men to deliver to our forwards
We have fitness coach and we do not look fit 2 & 3 seasons ago we were winning because we were still running hard for 90 + minutes now we are not.
The management built the team so on theır shoulders it rests.
Really really really really really really really on 15:46 - Sep 9 with 1127 viewsolympicdale

Really really really really really really really on 15:15 - Sep 9 by macro

It's not ridiculous after basically 4 wins in half a season

It's ridiculous to blame him for what went on last season, after the shite he walked in to, this season is the real start.

Life is a game of fate.

Really really really really really really really on 15:50 - Sep 9 with 1116 viewsfirgrovedale51

Really really really really really really really on 15:46 - Sep 9 by olympicdale

It's ridiculous to blame him for what went on last season, after the shite he walked in to, this season is the real start.

And how have we started?
Really really really really really really really on 18:40 - Sep 9 with 1054 viewsolympicdale

Really really really really really really really on 15:50 - Sep 9 by firgrovedale51

And how have we started?

not too much worse than Rotherham, its FIVE games, geez.

Life is a game of fate.

Really really really really really really really on 19:39 - Sep 9 with 1007 viewsTVOS1907

Really really really really really really really on 18:40 - Sep 9 by olympicdale

not too much worse than Rotherham, its FIVE games, geez.

You are making some valid points, OD, but I seem to recall that after the Chesterfield or Torquay game - I forget which - you went off on one to a great extent about how crap things were.

Really really really really really really really on 19:46 - Sep 9 with 1001 viewsCedar_Room

I think most people have been fair to JC and pinned the blame for last season's relegation firmly on the shoulders of Eyre and the departure of Hill (even though JC actually had about the same time in charge that Eyre did). What people did expect was that we would start this season with a bit more purpose, but it's just not there.

Adebola for me doesn't work as a target man - he just doesn't have the pace. He can hold the ball up but if we don't have players nearby he can lay it off to then he becomes even more ineffective. Yesterday we lacked any ideas once in the final third, and if we can't get the ball into the box we will never score.

Add our indifferent start together with rumours of a step backwards in fitness and how the team prepares, plus the evidence on the pitch with the players we've signed (what happened to young players we can turn into saleable assets?) and people might start to think JC had far more to do with relegation than we credited him for initially.

I too think its too early to say how the season will pan out - but I can't be the only one thinking that faith in Coleman being the answer has been severely shaken. Has he really done anything thus far to make us think he can be our saviour?
Really really really really really really really on 19:51 - Sep 9 with 994 viewsSalwaDale

Cedar Room "He can hold the ball up but if we don't have players nearby he can lay it off to then he becomes even more ineffective."

Yesterday that was our big downfall for me. He got the ball, held it up but then couldn't lay it off for this exact reason. When Grimes came on I presumed he would buzz around Adebola and feed off him. Instead he seemed to play far too deep. I don't know whose fault that was, Grimes or Coleman but it seemed a major one.

Their goal was a prime example of getting that bit of the game right. Phil Edwards misjudged his header and chased Zola a little to try and get it back. Ryan Edwards seemed to be a little too far away from Zola and Zola was then able to do a simple lay-off with PE a little lost in no-mans land between the two. We had Adebola controlling it but then having to dribble before he could lay it off.

TBBT

Really really really really really really really on 20:41 - Sep 9 with 954 viewspioneer

Thats the problem,

Watching a team that might show effort, cohesion and maybe even some talent sometime in the future, might not be so bad if you didnt have to pay until the future.

Really really really really really really really on 21:16 - Sep 9 with 936 viewsjoecooke

Chairmen employ managers,managers generally employ players.

Buck stops at decision makers,i would like to see David Kilpatrick involved somewhere.You dont need to know football as a decision maker in football but you do need savvy.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Really really really really really really really on 23:06 - Sep 9 with 872 viewsBobbyjoe

What does the fan who might turn up have to hang his/her hat on? A young, ambitious manager, keen to learn, making mistakes but showing promise? A handful of young kids desperate to forge careers for themselves? Where are the McCourts, Townsons and McEvillys of yesteryear? Sacrificed on the altar of short-termism. Lose three games, and you're looking over your shoulder. Coleman, like Barrow and any number of others, is probably savvy enough to maintain the status quo and keep season-ticket holders onside but where will be the appeal to a wider public? Promotion is not everything (it's scarcely even anything!). You need a reason to turn up for any given game.
Really really really really really really really on 00:38 - Sep 10 with 827 viewsShun

Really really really really really really really on 09:39 - Sep 9 by Boss_Hog

I can only agree wholeheartedly on the comments regarding Gary Jones. Deserved far better than what ultimately he got and perhaps saw the writing on the wall a long time before some of us did.

On yesterday's game I personally do not blame it on the formation (which I witnessed as 4-2-3-1) but more the complete ineptness of the players. Obviously the bulk of these players have been signed by JC and therefore the buck stops with him.

Over the last 10 or so months we will have 'paid off' a great number of players - justifiably in a large percentage of the cases - but we have replaced them with pure dross and none of whom you could see as being 'sellable assets' in the future. Cavanagh, Craney, Edwards, Adebola have all had their time and have been signed purely on the fact our manager has of them in the past (maybe not as much Adebola to be fair). Craney, FFS, was released by AS because he wasn't good enough and hadn't been fit for a sustained period of time yet we offer him a trial at Spotland and then low and behold a short-term contract. Talk about jobs for the boys.

I shall reserve judgement for now but I was genuinely worried with what I saw in pre-season and we don't seem to have learned any lessons. 4-2-3-1 needs pace out wide and an ability to beat a man and yesterday neither of our options in these positions (Putterill and Grant) have it and therefore struggled all day. I haven't seen much of Putterill but on yesterdays showing he lacked anything in his armoury worth shouting about.....although I am more than happy to be proved wrong.

I shall finish with a little tail about Steve Eyre that I know for a fact to be true.

In September last year he was offered a player (on loan) by a Championship club that needed some games after not featuring at his parent club having been away with England Under 20s that summer. The player in question is exceptionally good, particularly at L1 and was offered to Dale first of all before being offered around to other clubs.

SC said 'no' to said player as he had 'other' options and that player then went to a table-topping L1 side and scored something like 6 goals in 8 games from right-wing before being recalled and thrown straight back into Championship football.

I was astounded at the time that our manager didn't want a player of this calibre and it set the alarms bells off dramatically.

Who was the player you mention in your last few paragraphs? And why we were given first choice on him?
Really really really really really really really on 00:52 - Sep 10 with 819 viewsTVOS1907

Really really really really really really really on 00:38 - Sep 10 by Shun

Who was the player you mention in your last few paragraphs? And why we were given first choice on him?

Matty Phillips

Went to Sheffield United for a spell last season.

Really really really really really really really on 01:07 - Sep 10 with 817 viewsShun

Really really really really really really really on 00:52 - Sep 10 by TVOS1907

Matty Phillips

Went to Sheffield United for a spell last season.

Ah ok, cheers.
Really really really really really really really on 07:41 - Sep 10 with 786 viewsphomem

Really really really really really really really on 19:39 - Sep 9 by TVOS1907

You are making some valid points, OD, but I seem to recall that after the Chesterfield or Torquay game - I forget which - you went off on one to a great extent about how crap things were.

That seems to have shut him up
Really really really really really really really on 12:49 - Sep 10 with 719 viewsjudd

One thing to give JC credit for is his honest assessment of games in the media, unlike the baffling bollox-speak of Eyre and his What fookin' game were you watching masterpieces.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Really really really really really really really on 12:57 - Sep 10 with 712 viewsTVOS1907

Really really really really really really really on 23:06 - Sep 9 by Bobbyjoe

What does the fan who might turn up have to hang his/her hat on? A young, ambitious manager, keen to learn, making mistakes but showing promise? A handful of young kids desperate to forge careers for themselves? Where are the McCourts, Townsons and McEvillys of yesteryear? Sacrificed on the altar of short-termism. Lose three games, and you're looking over your shoulder. Coleman, like Barrow and any number of others, is probably savvy enough to maintain the status quo and keep season-ticket holders onside but where will be the appeal to a wider public? Promotion is not everything (it's scarcely even anything!). You need a reason to turn up for any given game.

Which young, ambitious managers who we've had at Spotland fit your criteria of 'showing promise', apart from Hill?

Simpson and Eyre certainly weren't, if you were craftily thinking along those lines.

Really really really really really really really on 13:11 - Sep 10 with 697 viewsdebbiesfella

Really really really really really really really on 09:39 - Sep 9 by Boss_Hog

I can only agree wholeheartedly on the comments regarding Gary Jones. Deserved far better than what ultimately he got and perhaps saw the writing on the wall a long time before some of us did.

On yesterday's game I personally do not blame it on the formation (which I witnessed as 4-2-3-1) but more the complete ineptness of the players. Obviously the bulk of these players have been signed by JC and therefore the buck stops with him.

Over the last 10 or so months we will have 'paid off' a great number of players - justifiably in a large percentage of the cases - but we have replaced them with pure dross and none of whom you could see as being 'sellable assets' in the future. Cavanagh, Craney, Edwards, Adebola have all had their time and have been signed purely on the fact our manager has of them in the past (maybe not as much Adebola to be fair). Craney, FFS, was released by AS because he wasn't good enough and hadn't been fit for a sustained period of time yet we offer him a trial at Spotland and then low and behold a short-term contract. Talk about jobs for the boys.

I shall reserve judgement for now but I was genuinely worried with what I saw in pre-season and we don't seem to have learned any lessons. 4-2-3-1 needs pace out wide and an ability to beat a man and yesterday neither of our options in these positions (Putterill and Grant) have it and therefore struggled all day. I haven't seen much of Putterill but on yesterdays showing he lacked anything in his armoury worth shouting about.....although I am more than happy to be proved wrong.

I shall finish with a little tail about Steve Eyre that I know for a fact to be true.

In September last year he was offered a player (on loan) by a Championship club that needed some games after not featuring at his parent club having been away with England Under 20s that summer. The player in question is exceptionally good, particularly at L1 and was offered to Dale first of all before being offered around to other clubs.

SC said 'no' to said player as he had 'other' options and that player then went to a table-topping L1 side and scored something like 6 goals in 8 games from right-wing before being recalled and thrown straight back into Championship football.

I was astounded at the time that our manager didn't want a player of this calibre and it set the alarms bells off dramatically.

Would SC be Steve Coleman?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024