Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really really really really really really really 16:44 - Sep 8 with 10926 viewsG_Dale

Shite

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Really really really really really really really on 18:25 - Sep 10 with 897 viewsBobbyjoe

Really really really really really really really on 12:57 - Sep 10 by TVOS1907

Which young, ambitious managers who we've had at Spotland fit your criteria of 'showing promise', apart from Hill?

Simpson and Eyre certainly weren't, if you were craftily thinking along those lines.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

No, just suggesting that watching young managers and players develop is more interesting than watching journeymen, the vast majority of whom have been no more successful than either of the two you mentioned. We are now Accrington Stanley lookylikeys with nothing to distinguish us as Rochdale AFC.
Really really really really really really really on 18:33 - Sep 10 with 875 viewsD_Alien

Really really really really really really really on 18:25 - Sep 10 by Bobbyjoe

No, just suggesting that watching young managers and players develop is more interesting than watching journeymen, the vast majority of whom have been no more successful than either of the two you mentioned. We are now Accrington Stanley lookylikeys with nothing to distinguish us as Rochdale AFC.

I like what you're saying here BJ

I guess that's what was in our chairman's mind when he appointed Steve Eyre, and that's why I defended his action, albeit the end result was relegation.

I'm not happy to be seeing the same thing again, this time with Accy "used parts" added to the mix

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Really really really really really really really on 18:41 - Sep 10 with 864 views442Dale

Every manager is different, there is no correlation between age of bosses and players - they all build sides how they see fit.

Best example of this is Steve Parkin who was only 32 when he took over in 1999 and he filled his initial side with experienced lower league players (Evans, Flitcroft, Atkinson and Ford). The football was solid, unspectacular but crucially got results.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Really really really really really really really on 21:01 - Sep 10 with 800 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Really really really really really really really on 15:46 - Sep 9 by olympicdale

It's ridiculous to blame him for what went on last season, after the shite he walked in to, this season is the real start.

Lucas - Birmingham City
Holden - Walsall
Holness - MOM vs Burton
Long - Portsmouth
Widdowson - Northampton
Thompson - Tranmere
Jones - Bratford
Tutte - Still Here
BBM - Still Here
JLAA - Tranmere
Grimes - Still Here

Would suggest that most of the team we had last season are either still here or have potentially bettered themselves?

Most of the current squad has played with each other, which questions the 'time to gel' thought process.

I think we'll be fine, we need to get some consistancy and build from there, however the fact less than a handful of players completed a full 90 minutes pre-season, the 'run um hard' training mentality and 'they wont be getting a day off' shows exactly where we are in the managerial food chain!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Really really really really really really really on 20:04 - Sep 11 with 712 viewssandylaner1

lillis had a much improved game

right back and young edwards for me again not good enough, yes they had to deal with a big strong player in zola but looked mistake ridden and sloppy in possession

cav cant pass

grimes had more positive touches then JK even when playing out of position

those saying we have no creativity tutte can be the man but even on saturday his game was being influenced by the utter shite around him

grimes deserved to start, hes our only player who actively looks to make runs and find space

grant out wide was laughable play him up top fgs

4 4 2 ???

we need someone who can run in behind or a fast winger

all too predictable

oh and the referee was shite

SOLD OUT OF FANTA AT HALF TIME in sandy, tin pot. poor souls in the sandy lane
Really really really really really really really on 20:15 - Sep 11 with 698 viewssweetcorn

Really really really really really really really on 20:04 - Sep 11 by sandylaner1

lillis had a much improved game

right back and young edwards for me again not good enough, yes they had to deal with a big strong player in zola but looked mistake ridden and sloppy in possession

cav cant pass

grimes had more positive touches then JK even when playing out of position

those saying we have no creativity tutte can be the man but even on saturday his game was being influenced by the utter shite around him

grimes deserved to start, hes our only player who actively looks to make runs and find space

grant out wide was laughable play him up top fgs

4 4 2 ???

we need someone who can run in behind or a fast winger

all too predictable

oh and the referee was shite

SOLD OUT OF FANTA AT HALF TIME in sandy, tin pot. poor souls in the sandy lane

Can't believe you stole my line, was gonna mke a thread about no fanta, like i said on matchday TINPOT. how can you get the team right when theres no fanta.

Don't steal my line again you flubber arm.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Really really really really really really really on 20:19 - Sep 11 with 694 viewssandylaner1

Really really really really really really really on 20:15 - Sep 11 by sweetcorn

Can't believe you stole my line, was gonna mke a thread about no fanta, like i said on matchday TINPOT. how can you get the team right when theres no fanta.

Don't steal my line again you flubber arm.

lollll i looked for it

hard times typing with one arm

breaking my wrist wasn't as painful as watching rochdale v burton
Really really really really really really really on 20:23 - Sep 11 with 689 viewssweetcorn

Pulled some strings at the council and got some CCTV footage:

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Login to get fewer ads

Really really really really really really really on 21:54 - Sep 11 with 661 viewsolympicdale

Really really really really really really really on 19:39 - Sep 9 by TVOS1907

You are making some valid points, OD, but I seem to recall that after the Chesterfield or Torquay game - I forget which - you went off on one to a great extent about how crap things were.

maybe so, right after the game, one was a 94th min equaliser, one a 4-2 heavy defeat, in the heat of the moment I probably said some things, never post when your angry as they say. I've always kept under the impression that its early in the season, and in the cold light of day we're still an evolving team.

Life is a game of fate.

Really really really really really really really on 22:08 - Sep 11 with 646 viewssandylaner1

Really really really really really really really on 20:23 - Sep 11 by sweetcorn

Pulled some strings at the council and got some CCTV footage:

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024