Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really really really really really really really 16:44 - Sep 8 with 10923 viewsG_Dale

Shite

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Really really really really really really really on 23:32 - Sep 8 with 1206 viewsrochedale

Really really really really really really really on 23:13 - Sep 8 by 442Dale

The jury is still out on Coleman, think most would agree on that.

Back to Eyre...

Started slowly but was gaining momentum? He won one of his last twelve games before being sacked. In that time he brought in players like Holden and Jordan (journeymen), Bergkamp (terrible), Ball and Bunn (flattered to deceive - both continuing to do so as well). Not sure how Bunn could have been a new stand as he was only on loan.

Let's see where we are in a couple of months.

I don't disagree with your examples. I remember stating that Bergkamp was no Bergkamp. As for Holden, enough said. Ball...? Coulda, shoulda, woulda!! I remember us pleading that Fergy Junior would let us keep him. And Bunn, I know he weren't ours, but could well have been in the future. There is no denying that his Preston debut was a fine example of how young footballers should play.

Yes, lets see how the next few months pan out. I think we have to face the inevitable though, and the unfortunate thing is, we have been treated in recent years, and it is unlikely to happen again soon, and certainly not with John Coleman in charge. Just my opinion though.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Really really really really really really really on 01:27 - Sep 9 with 1149 viewsTVOS1907

Really really really really really really really on 22:35 - Sep 8 by rochedale

Exactly. We don't really know either way. I don't know the stats, only TVOS knows that. All I was trying to say was that Eyre got slated big time, and everybody wanted JC, but are JC's stats any better? I doubt they are.

Could anybody, even JC, have done such a greater job than SE?

We pleaded for JC. He has had the chance to build his own squad. Is it better than what Eyre assembled? Did JC elevate us higher than the position that we finished with SE? IMO, SE signed some bad players and was poorly advised, he started slowly but seemed to be gaining momentum. We wanted him out because we wanted a repeat of Hilcroft, but we got rid just as it looked as though it was starting to gel. It never happened, it never was going to. JC has done no better than SE, and now we are in league 2 and he is still doing no better.

It just goes to show what a miracle Hilcroft did, and a poisened chalice that SE inherited.

I was always in the 'For SE camp', only because I knew that whoever we appointed would never replicate our previous recent success. JC certainly hasn't proved that he has done better, I am sure that the stats would prove I am right.

Away at Preston last year saw the debut of young Harry Bunn. I walked away from that match thinking we had just signed our new Sandy Lane Stand, he was awesome, the best debut I had seen.

SE may have blagged it, or his previous employers may have been creative with his CV, does anybody really know the truth of where and how he came to be our manager? I wanted us to give him a good shot, he was young and enthusiastic. What he lacked in experience he gained in ambition.

That is all pie in the sky now. What I cant understand is why we thought JC was the Messiah. Looks like we are finally seeing that he isn't. I commented that his training was pathetic, non-league, non-pregressional and certainly not in this era. Did Jonah leave just for a better contract? Yes probably, but I am sure that if he had faith in the manager he would've wanted to finish off his career with us.

Remember, we had a great team when Hilcroft left, the team that got dismembered, to the point that only a fool couldn't see that a major cash input into the playing staff would help us compete in league one. SE, JC, Kevin Keegan, Sven, Roy Hodgson and even Alex Ferguson couldn't have kept us in that league without the players we lost. But, hey, JC is the saviour, he fookin aint, and never will be. He aint that great. Prove me wrong JC, please, I am waiting....

EDIT: Just read 442's reply, but I share his views.

How were things starting to gel when Eyre was sacked?

We had won one game (at Preston, which was Bunn's fourth appearance for the club) in two-and-a-half months, in which time we had also been knocked out of the FA Cup by the second-worst team in the Football League.

The current predicament is no reason for saying Eyre should have been kept on.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Really really really really really really really on 01:28 - Sep 9 with 1148 viewsTVOS1907

Really really really really really really really on 22:50 - Sep 8 by Sandyman

Gutless, clueless, absolutely embarassing. *points finger at manager*

That was a performance worthy of a sacking.

At least it's saved me £70 because there is no way I'm going to Wimbledon next week after that. Was really looking forward to that as an awayday - not now.

YOUR team Coleman. YOUR win/loss record here is a joke. YOUR team today was as bad as anything seen under Eyre or Simpson. If not worse.

Sort it or go.

Or should that be the person who appointed a second abject manager in a row?

Questions, Questions..........

A seriously depressing Dale day.

By the way, Razzle has got a space for next week if you change your mind, Sandyman.

Really really really really really really really on 06:52 - Sep 9 with 1126 viewsSandyman

Really really really really really really really on 01:28 - Sep 9 by TVOS1907

By the way, Razzle has got a space for next week if you change your mind, Sandyman.

Thanks but no thanks. I hope there is a response from our lot down there next week, but after yesterday's showing, they aren't worth taking a risk on IMHO.
Really really really really really really really on 09:02 - Sep 9 with 1082 viewsQuigley_dale

Cant believe some people are using yesterday's performance, and the Coleman regime in general, as some sort of bench mark to justify Steve Eyre being anywhere close to being a competent manager, or being unfairly sacked. The 'Eyre issue" has been done to death on here, and to be honest anyone who regards him as being anything other than an abject failure, either knows nothing about football, or works for GMR!

Yesterday's performance was truly awful, tactic wise it was on par with Notts Co away last year, the game that we should've sacked Eyre.

Watching the play it clear to see that the players have been trained to play in a formation devoid of any width. At one point in the first half, during an attack down the left side, I think it was grant who had isolated their right back, waiting for the full back to overlap, but rather than exploit the space grant had created, he decided to sprint back 10 yards back into the midfield!
Really really really really really really really on 09:21 - Sep 9 with 1059 viewsAndyH

Exactly. We don't really know either way. I don't know the stats, only TVOS knows that. All I was trying to say was that Eyre got slated big time, and everybody wanted JC, but are JC's stats any better? I doubt they are.

We pleaded for JC. He has had the chance to build his own squad. Is it better than what Eyre assembled? Did JC elevate us higher than the position that we finished with SE? IMO, SE signed some bad players and was poorly advised, he started slowly but seemed to be gaining momentum. We wanted him out because we wanted a repeat of Hilcroft, but we got rid just as it looked as though it was starting to gel. It never happened, it never was going to. JC has done no better than SE, and now we are in league 2 and he is still doing no better.

It just goes to show what a miracle Hilcroft did, and a poisened chalice that SE inherited.

I was always in the 'For SE camp', only because I knew that whoever we appointed would never replicate our previous recent success. JC certainly hasn't proved that he has done better, I am sure that the stats would prove I am right.

Away at Preston last year saw the debut of young Harry Bunn. I walked away from that match thinking we had just signed our new Sandy Lane Stand, he was awesome, the best debut I had seen.

SE may have blagged it, or his previous employers may have been creative with his CV, does anybody really know the truth of where and how he came to be our manager? I wanted us to give him a good shot, he was young and enthusiastic. What he lacked in experience he gained in ambition.

That is all pie in the sky now. What I cant understand is why we thought JC was the Messiah. Looks like we are finally seeing that he isn't. I commented that his training was pathetic, non-league, non-pregressional and certainly not in this era. Did Jonah leave just for a better contract? Yes probably, but I am sure that if he had faith in the manager he would've wanted to finish off his career with us.

Remember, we had a great team when Hilcroft left, the team that got dismembered, to the point that only a fool couldn't see that a major cash input into the playing staff would help us compete in league one. SE, JC, Kevin Keegan, Sven, Roy Hodgson and even Alex Ferguson couldn't have kept us in that league without the players we lost. But, hey, JC is the saviour, he fookin aint, and never will be. He aint that great. Prove me wrong JC, please, I am waiting....

Did Jonah leave because he got a better contract? No he didn't....

He left because he became frustrated at the dismantling of the clubs growth and development over the last decade. He left at the appointment of this current management team. He could see the club heading in the wrong direction after 5/6 years of growth. All the things that inspired him to become probably the greatest captain the club has ever had were removed when the club went backwards. It is worthy of note that he didn't show his frustrations under the Steve Eyre regime.

He also left because of the despicable way he was treated by the current management and board at the club. A passionate, dedicated, great Dale leader and icon was sent home on gardening leave and ostracised him for expressing what we are witnessing now. How sad it was that we never gave him the send off he truly and richly deserved. Bradford's gain is most definitely our loss....

Oh Gary Jones, Gary Gary Gary Jones....
Really really really really really really really on 09:34 - Sep 9 with 1033 views442Dale

Really really really really really really really on 09:21 - Sep 9 by AndyH

He left because he became frustrated at the dismantling of the clubs growth and development over the last decade. He left at the appointment of this current management team. He could see the club heading in the wrong direction after 5/6 years of growth. All the things that inspired him to become probably the greatest captain the club has ever had were removed when the club went backwards. It is worthy of note that he didn't show his frustrations under the Steve Eyre regime.

He also left because of the despicable way he was treated by the current management and board at the club. A passionate, dedicated, great Dale leader and icon was sent home on gardening leave and ostracised him for expressing what we are witnessing now. How sad it was that we never gave him the send off he truly and richly deserved. Bradford's gain is most definitely our loss....

Where has Gary Jones expressed these opinions?

All I know is his form was as poor under both permanent managers last season. Going to Bradford probably suited all parties. Good luck to him.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Really really really really really really really on 09:39 - Sep 9 with 1032 viewsBoss_Hog

I can only agree wholeheartedly on the comments regarding Gary Jones. Deserved far better than what ultimately he got and perhaps saw the writing on the wall a long time before some of us did.

On yesterday's game I personally do not blame it on the formation (which I witnessed as 4-2-3-1) but more the complete ineptness of the players. Obviously the bulk of these players have been signed by JC and therefore the buck stops with him.

Over the last 10 or so months we will have 'paid off' a great number of players - justifiably in a large percentage of the cases - but we have replaced them with pure dross and none of whom you could see as being 'sellable assets' in the future. Cavanagh, Craney, Edwards, Adebola have all had their time and have been signed purely on the fact our manager has of them in the past (maybe not as much Adebola to be fair). Craney, FFS, was released by AS because he wasn't good enough and hadn't been fit for a sustained period of time yet we offer him a trial at Spotland and then low and behold a short-term contract. Talk about jobs for the boys.

I shall reserve judgement for now but I was genuinely worried with what I saw in pre-season and we don't seem to have learned any lessons. 4-2-3-1 needs pace out wide and an ability to beat a man and yesterday neither of our options in these positions (Putterill and Grant) have it and therefore struggled all day. I haven't seen much of Putterill but on yesterdays showing he lacked anything in his armoury worth shouting about.....although I am more than happy to be proved wrong.

I shall finish with a little tail about Steve Eyre that I know for a fact to be true.

In September last year he was offered a player (on loan) by a Championship club that needed some games after not featuring at his parent club having been away with England Under 20s that summer. The player in question is exceptionally good, particularly at L1 and was offered to Dale first of all before being offered around to other clubs.

SC said 'no' to said player as he had 'other' options and that player then went to a table-topping L1 side and scored something like 6 goals in 8 games from right-wing before being recalled and thrown straight back into Championship football.

I was astounded at the time that our manager didn't want a player of this calibre and it set the alarms bells off dramatically.
Login to get fewer ads

Really really really really really really really on 10:19 - Sep 9 with 1003 viewsTVOS1907

Really really really really really really really on 06:52 - Sep 9 by Sandyman

Thanks but no thanks. I hope there is a response from our lot down there next week, but after yesterday's showing, they aren't worth taking a risk on IMHO.

Razzle says he needs someone to watch out for dropped kerb parking restrictions.

Really really really really really really really on 10:24 - Sep 9 with 993 viewsAndyH

Really really really really really really really on 09:34 - Sep 9 by 442Dale

Where has Gary Jones expressed these opinions?

All I know is his form was as poor under both permanent managers last season. Going to Bradford probably suited all parties. Good luck to him.

You are right his legs had gone but his head and more importantly heart were still 100%. His opinions and statements are well documented about his departure.

Going to Bradford did suit both parties at the time but hopefully in the hopefully not too distant future he may return as an up and coming manger/coach.
Really really really really really really really on 10:26 - Sep 9 with 982 viewsTVOS1907

The growth stopped the day Keith Hill left.

Jones was still with us then.

Really really really really really really really on 10:35 - Sep 9 with 966 viewsAndyH

Really really really really really really really on 10:26 - Sep 9 by TVOS1907

The growth stopped the day Keith Hill left.

Jones was still with us then.

'The day the music died'.....

The growth did stop when Hill left I agree but the dismantling started for real January 2012
Really really really really really really really on 10:41 - Sep 9 with 947 views442Dale

Really really really really really really really on 10:24 - Sep 9 by AndyH

You are right his legs had gone but his head and more importantly heart were still 100%. His opinions and statements are well documented about his departure.

Going to Bradford did suit both parties at the time but hopefully in the hopefully not too distant future he may return as an up and coming manger/coach.

Well documented where?

Not read any statements anywhere.

Really really really really really really really on 10:55 - Sep 9 with 928 viewsAndyH

Really really really really really really really on 10:41 - Sep 9 by 442Dale

Well documented where?

Not read any statements anywhere.

There were articles in the Rochdale Observer & MEN at the time where he was quoted what I have said regarding watching 'growth and development' slip away...
Really really really really really really really on 10:56 - Sep 9 with 922 viewsD_Alien

Really really really really really really really on 10:35 - Sep 9 by AndyH

The growth did stop when Hill left I agree but the dismantling started for real January 2012

And yet... Chris Beech is still fulfilling his original role?

If he had any reason to be unhappy with the way things are going in the youth development side of things, surely he'd have been looking to move on, especially after his short but disastrous tenure in the hot seat? Or is he so desperate to stay in employment? But hardly secure, is it?

My main issue is that we're seeing a split in the club, just as we did under Eyre. With him, it was young ex-City faction v. the Dale regulars. Now, it's the Accy old guard v. the Dale regulars/newcomers. OK, an over-simplification but I believe that's exactly what we're seeing, with similar results

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Really really really really really really really on 11:00 - Sep 9 with 914 views442Dale

Really really really really really really really on 10:55 - Sep 9 by AndyH

There were articles in the Rochdale Observer & MEN at the time where he was quoted what I have said regarding watching 'growth and development' slip away...

I honestly don't recall him being critical of the club in public. Would be interested to read any articles.

Really really really really really really really on 11:01 - Sep 9 with 908 viewsAndyH

Really really really really really really really on 10:56 - Sep 9 by D_Alien

And yet... Chris Beech is still fulfilling his original role?

If he had any reason to be unhappy with the way things are going in the youth development side of things, surely he'd have been looking to move on, especially after his short but disastrous tenure in the hot seat? Or is he so desperate to stay in employment? But hardly secure, is it?

My main issue is that we're seeing a split in the club, just as we did under Eyre. With him, it was young ex-City faction v. the Dale regulars. Now, it's the Accy old guard v. the Dale regulars/newcomers. OK, an over-simplification but I believe that's exactly what we're seeing, with similar results

We are where we are....We need to look forward to Wimbledon.. get behind the manager and the team...

Up the Dale!!
Really really really really really really really on 11:06 - Sep 9 with 901 viewsSuddenLad

Most football pundits seem to agree that there should be no serious comments about a teams' progression until 10 League games have passed.

I realise that the fare currently on offer is hard to digest, but some of the comments on a variety of threads are a bit OTT to say the least.

Aside from being a likeable bloke, Eyre was too inexperienced, clueless, untried, out of his depth, tactically naive and like a fish out of water. I ended up feeling sorry for him. He was like a kid being asked to do a man's job but wouldn't accept he was not up to the task. Things were never going to improve whilst he was in charge. We were spiralling into oblivion. We are lucky that we had a division to fall into because otherwise we would now be resuming derbies with Stockport and Macclesfield.

JC has plenty of managerial experience, particularly at this level so I know who I would back in the long run.

We might not like it, but this team is taking a long time to gel properly. Meanwhile we have to give the manager time to get on with it because I cannot see any possibility whatsoever that there will be any changes this season - whatever happens.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Really really really really really really really on 11:18 - Sep 9 with 884 views442Dale

Really really really really really really really on 11:06 - Sep 9 by SuddenLad

Most football pundits seem to agree that there should be no serious comments about a teams' progression until 10 League games have passed.

I realise that the fare currently on offer is hard to digest, but some of the comments on a variety of threads are a bit OTT to say the least.

Aside from being a likeable bloke, Eyre was too inexperienced, clueless, untried, out of his depth, tactically naive and like a fish out of water. I ended up feeling sorry for him. He was like a kid being asked to do a man's job but wouldn't accept he was not up to the task. Things were never going to improve whilst he was in charge. We were spiralling into oblivion. We are lucky that we had a division to fall into because otherwise we would now be resuming derbies with Stockport and Macclesfield.

JC has plenty of managerial experience, particularly at this level so I know who I would back in the long run.

We might not like it, but this team is taking a long time to gel properly. Meanwhile we have to give the manager time to get on with it because I cannot see any possibility whatsoever that there will be any changes this season - whatever happens.

That's all that needs saying right now.

Top post.

Really really really really really really really on 11:22 - Sep 9 with 877 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Talking of the Eyre era........just looking at the highlights.

Paterson has acres to score from,NO-ONE closes him down......long distance shot,GK beaten hands down....where have we seen that before????????????
Really really really really really really really on 11:37 - Sep 9 with 855 viewsAndyH

Totally agree.... Lets get on with it. Back the manger, back the team. The coalition government will change before the next Dale manager!
Really really really really really really really on 11:39 - Sep 9 with 848 viewsD_Alien

Easy to say when you've just saved £54

But seriously, I've been the staunchest of supporters/defenders of Coleman up to now

Turning up to the game yesterday, I was expecting as a bare minimum competence and drive. Instead, we were incompetent in virtually every area (goalkeeper apart) and let an average side show greater urgency than us. That, I would have thought, was going to be a trademark of a Coleman team.

I can cope with disappointing results, but IMHO there was more going on in that display than merely a team waiting to gel. Sorry, but I've been watching sport long enough now to see the difference.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Really really really really really really really on 11:53 - Sep 9 with 828 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

I am actually glad i get a football fix on Monday watching our country's U21s against Norway and even more glad i chose to book on the Rotherham United coach instead of the Wimbledon one

How is Cava still Captain and now people can't say it were just one game were he has given the ball to opposition as those who witnessed Torquay fully well know we play better football when Tutte is incharge it also says it all when the captain gets subbed surely Tutte should be promoted to Captain after Fleetwood Town and other games were there was vast improvements got nout against coleman or his tactics but why play a proven goalscorer out of position if he were in the right position yesterday would of scored a couple of goals

Why do we always get the dodgiest Football League Official's are we the games at were Evo-Stik Official's get promoted in their first job but looking back on the Referee's record we were never gonna have things go our way

I could get very little positives out of the game apart from Cava getting subbed being the highlight but why take JK off i never understood that bit but i am not the manager and not incharge of the team but i am a fan voices my frustration at yesterday's performance after beating Fleetwood Town on Tuesday i know it were a different team but Burton Albion were nothing special they were poorer if anything compared to their 2010 side what did the double over us

The question is were we playing for the draw???

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Really really really really really really really on 12:24 - Sep 9 with 785 viewsTVOS1907

Really really really really really really really on 10:35 - Sep 9 by AndyH

Nonsense.

It started with signings like Balkestein, MBH, Bergkamp, Jordan, Holden, etc ....

Really really really really really really really on 12:46 - Sep 9 with 760 viewsmusicandy76

OK, so John Coleman addmitted last season that "it is my team that went down". He could very well be saying the same thing this season if things dont sort themselves out!
I am lead to believe (quote me if im wrong in this) that we have the most money that we have ever had at this football club (if indeed we got compensation from City regarding the Eyre fiasco). We have had no replacement for Chris O'Grady in that time. Im not saying we should go and "blow all the money" but i think we definately need to spend some... Dawson was a "once in every 10 years" signing so will be very hard to replace.
I know that Chris Dunphy wants success this season. If we can get a couple of decent loan signings this week, then maybe things will work out. But if things arent working by November with JC is in charge, then it could be time to think about changing things. In the end of the day, we went down with his team in charge, I am giving him the benefit of the doubt as he had inherited a serious problem. But things are just not good enough! We certainly dont look like a side chasing promotion. Attendences are low, there was more atmosphere at the JPT game due to the fans possilbly just "having a laugh". There was naff all atmosphere at the Barnet game, when we scored the goals it felt like a pre season friendly. That is saying something as the fans expectations have more than likly been doused.

If the team of JC does not work out, and we decide to get rid, it MUST BE BEFORE THE TRANSFER WINDOW IN JANUARY! We left it far too late last season to get any players in when JC was appointed, no time for decent signings and that utimately cost us!

Lets hope things work out, I will continue to cheer the Dale on (as Mr "ANGRY" put it, behind the goals we are the "Cheer Boys!", not that Mr Angry speaks any sense whatsoever, he hasnt got a clue!. Maybe we need some pom poms before the next game!)

Up the Dale.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024