Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have I ever mentioned... 17:00 - Jan 19 with 5113 viewsWatfordR

..that the secret to success in the Prem is being prepared to lose in order to try and win?

I'm sure I may have.

Big Sam may be a fat w@nker, but he's right on the point made earlier. Parking the bus and hoping we do to everyone else we play what we did to the Scum is going to get us relegated.

ATAF.
Have I ever mentioned... on 17:02 - Jan 19 with 3606 viewsactionword

Maybe, but playing as we were and looking like we were going to concede on almost every attack was also going to get us relegated. Harry had to tighten us up and he has!
Have I ever mentioned... on 17:02 - Jan 19 with 3594 viewswittle

was it better under hughes and losing nearly every away game.
Have I ever mentioned... on 17:04 - Jan 19 with 3568 viewsTHEBUSH

Problem is, you have to have the right type of players to play the Arsenal way and we only have Adel !!
Have I ever mentioned... on 17:04 - Jan 19 with 3553 viewsHAYESBOY

Not a fact.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Have I ever mentioned... on 17:05 - Jan 19 with 3550 viewsNorthLondonR

But after the Liverpool game how many points would you have bargained for?

5 points is a massive return and still undefeated.. I actually believe Reading dragging newcastle further in is a massive positive, 3 teams go down and having the rest accelerate away will not help.

Still odds on but 5 points from the sum away, spubs home and spam away is a massive haul........

Have I ever mentioned... on 17:05 - Jan 19 with 3539 viewsBklynRanger

I don't know that the bus ever got parked.

It seemed to be all about absorbing pressure and relying on breaks to snatch the win. First half it was very effective but once they cam onto us second half we just never never had possession.

Instead of moving Remy over to the right I'd have liked to see him come off, Adel go up top and Ale come on to start to put a few passes together. At least for the last 20 minutes.

We did well to hang on but that seemed like a pretty dreadful second half to me.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Have I ever mentioned... on 17:06 - Jan 19 with 3530 viewspaulparker

Your hatred of arry is boring now watfordR
ask your self this question if we had started the season with arry instead of your mate sparkless do you really think we would be in the s*it we are now ??

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Have I ever mentioned... on 17:08 - Jan 19 with 3491 viewsTHEBUSH

Have I ever mentioned... on 17:06 - Jan 19 by paulparker

ask your self this question if we had started the season with arry instead of your mate sparkless do you really think we would be in the s*it we are now ??

I'll answer for him, NO !!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Have I ever mentioned... on 17:08 - Jan 19 with 3482 viewswittle

exactly,watford r would still have hughes in charge if he had his way.
Have I ever mentioned... on 17:09 - Jan 19 with 3473 viewsFDC

Have I ever mentioned... on 17:05 - Jan 19 by NorthLondonR

But after the Liverpool game how many points would you have bargained for?

5 points is a massive return and still undefeated.. I actually believe Reading dragging newcastle further in is a massive positive, 3 teams go down and having the rest accelerate away will not help.

Still odds on but 5 points from the sum away, spubs home and spam away is a massive haul........

Yeah Newcastle are in the shit. If we need three teams to finish below us I reckon we need Newcastle, Villa and Southampton to start losing regularly whilst we pick up points away from home and win at home... So in that context today ain't so bad.
Have I ever mentioned... on 17:09 - Jan 19 with 3473 viewsPizanti

Good away point ...Hughes was negative away from home and we lost every week! ...it's at home that we need to sort ourselves out ...get the City game out the way next week and then we only have one other team from the top 4 to play (Man Utd in Feb) ...long way to go yet!
Have I ever mentioned... on 17:11 - Jan 19 with 3436 viewsNorthLondonR

Have I ever mentioned... on 17:09 - Jan 19 by Pizanti

Good away point ...Hughes was negative away from home and we lost every week! ...it's at home that we need to sort ourselves out ...get the City game out the way next week and then we only have one other team from the top 4 to play (Man Utd in Feb) ...long way to go yet!

Plus those were the tactics Hughes employed at home to the spam and we all know how well that turned out.... no problem with a point at all
Have I ever mentioned... on 17:19 - Jan 19 with 3381 viewsWatfordR

This has nothing to do with HR and everything to do with the position our club is, and for the record, I'd posted that same philosophy regards the correct approach to the Prem before the season began.

Three draws where you camp in your own box for 90 minutes means 270 minutes of 100% concentration, will leave the defence and midfield out on their feet in no time, and will leave the front man whoever it may be disillusioned because he will hardly see the ball.

One win out of three will earn you the same amount of points and give you another two games where you can gamble a bit and pick up the occasional bonus point or three.

This really ain't rocket science but unfortunately too many managers are either too thick or too vain to try it. I'll leave you to decide which category arry falls into.
Have I ever mentioned... on 17:29 - Jan 19 with 3337 viewsTHEBUSH

Have I ever mentioned... on 17:19 - Jan 19 by WatfordR

This has nothing to do with HR and everything to do with the position our club is, and for the record, I'd posted that same philosophy regards the correct approach to the Prem before the season began.

Three draws where you camp in your own box for 90 minutes means 270 minutes of 100% concentration, will leave the defence and midfield out on their feet in no time, and will leave the front man whoever it may be disillusioned because he will hardly see the ball.

One win out of three will earn you the same amount of points and give you another two games where you can gamble a bit and pick up the occasional bonus point or three.

This really ain't rocket science but unfortunately too many managers are either too thick or too vain to try it. I'll leave you to decide which category arry falls into.

Don't think HR is thick, so you must be saying he's vain ?
As far as I can remember, defensive football is not really his style either, he's probably playing with what he's got ?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Have I ever mentioned... on 17:32 - Jan 19 with 3317 viewswaveydave

Have I ever mentioned... on 17:02 - Jan 19 by wittle

was it better under hughes and losing nearly every away game.

this. It will be the work of Hughes that will bring us down not Harry

We can't go and beat loads of teams away when they destroyed us at home under MH, its completely unrealistic
Have I ever mentioned... on 17:37 - Jan 19 with 3300 viewspaulparker

For me Harry went for it today, he knew west ham kept a high line so went for a counter attacking style, for me the players let him down
after the first 30 mins we couldnt keep the ball & it was backs to the wall leaving remy isolated
for me its a good point gained in the end and we have to remain positive that we have taken 5 points in the last 3 games,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Have I ever mentioned... on 17:46 - Jan 19 with 3249 viewsrsonist

Gung ho didn't save Blackpool did it.
Have I ever mentioned... on 17:47 - Jan 19 with 3240 viewsdanehoop

As others have noted, this is not a fact, it is an opinion. You have immediately invalidated the worth of anything you want to say by typing the letters ATAF when it clearly is not.

For what it's worth I disagree with your opinion and the evidence so far of unbeaten under Harry in the past 5 games probably gives little evidence to the opinion you stated. As it is we have slowly started to get results, start putting together some performances worthy of the name and often retained a better shape and structure through Harry's approach. Still, it's good that you have an opinion, albeit a rehashed version of someone else's and lacking in the argument to support the assertions that you have made.

Never knowingly understood

Have I ever mentioned... on 17:49 - Jan 19 with 3227 viewshoopstilidie

Have I ever mentioned... on 17:19 - Jan 19 by WatfordR

"One win out of three will earn you the same amount of points and give you another two games where you can gamble a bit and pick up the occasional bonus point or three. "

And our last 3 results have been????

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Have I ever mentioned... on 17:50 - Jan 19 with 3223 viewsrsonist

Have I ever mentioned... on 17:37 - Jan 19 by paulparker

For me Harry went for it today, he knew west ham kept a high line so went for a counter attacking style, for me the players let him down
after the first 30 mins we couldnt keep the ball & it was backs to the wall leaving remy isolated
for me its a good point gained in the end and we have to remain positive that we have taken 5 points in the last 3 games,

After the goal Remy was hardly ever in the same positions for the rest of the game. Players might have lost some tactical discipline but after 30 mins Harry still had an hour to do something about it, he didn't and the inevitable happened.
Have I ever mentioned... on 17:51 - Jan 19 with 3213 viewsWatfordR

Have I ever mentioned... on 17:37 - Jan 19 by paulparker

For me, and not for the first time this season, his substitutions and were poor and his unwillingness to tamper with the formation as and when the match required it has cost us. Can't see how Faurlin couldn't have been introduced into midfield as someone who could win and distribute the ball. Never saw Mackie involved in the game at all, but I did see WHU playing ONE at the back again and again. Pushing Mackie up to join Remy would at a stroke have kept their back four in defence rather than overrunning our midfield. Bothroyd on rather than Hoilett? Do me a favour.

We've gone looking for one point and hoping to pinch three. That isn't the right approach in our position, and we will pay for it,
Have I ever mentioned... on 17:54 - Jan 19 with 3201 viewsHollowayRanger

West Ham United: 63% Possession
Queens Park Rangers 37%
Shots
22 -9
On target
13 -6
Corners
12 -2
Fouls
6 -11

we had 9 shots ?

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Have I ever mentioned... on 17:55 - Jan 19 with 3195 viewswittle

Have I ever mentioned... on 17:50 - Jan 19 by rsonist

After the goal Remy was hardly ever in the same positions for the rest of the game. Players might have lost some tactical discipline but after 30 mins Harry still had an hour to do something about it, he didn't and the inevitable happened.

the key for me was after we scored they got tight on adel and we couldnt get on the ball after that.
Have I ever mentioned... on 17:56 - Jan 19 with 3183 viewsVancouverHoop

Right now seven points separate the bottom six clubs. If all six, or even five, remain in the relegation fight (ie: they don't pull well away or get left at the bottom) it reduces the number of points the survivors require to stay up. Reading beating Newcastle today is huge for us – provided they don't go on a run – as long as the bottom teams stay close together each of them has a chance.
Have I ever mentioned... on 17:58 - Jan 19 with 3170 viewsWatfordR

Have I ever mentioned... on 17:56 - Jan 19 by VancouverHoop

Right now seven points separate the bottom six clubs. If all six, or even five, remain in the relegation fight (ie: they don't pull well away or get left at the bottom) it reduces the number of points the survivors require to stay up. Reading beating Newcastle today is huge for us – provided they don't go on a run – as long as the bottom teams stay close together each of them has a chance.

We are going to need to our own dirty work rather than rely on others I'm afraid.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024