Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Advantages to being in the Championship next season 14:20 - Apr 11 with 7144 viewss1cRanger

I will start

Better coverage than we had the last time we were there - http://www1.skysports.com/footballleague/

Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 14:22 - Apr 11 with 5772 viewskingsburyR

Millwall come visit.

Oh what joy and fun!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 14:23 - Apr 11 with 5752 viewsBlackCrowe

We will win more games. Won't we.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 14:24 - Apr 11 with 5747 viewsraskolnikov

Steve Claridge
Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 14:25 - Apr 11 with 5739 viewsAntti_Heinola

More evening games. We hardly get any these days, and i love an evening game and a late night drink afterwards.

Bare bones.

Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 14:26 - Apr 11 with 5744 viewsJuzzie

More Saturday 3pm kick-offs.

Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 14:28 - Apr 11 with 5731 viewsJonDoeman

We won't have to worry about how to spend the £60 mill.......

It Is What It Is !!

Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 14:30 - Apr 11 with 5726 viewsfakekerby

The only one I can think of is winning some games
Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 14:46 - Apr 11 with 5691 viewsDWQPR

1. A chance to win the league
2. Cheaper away tickets
3. Not going to Old Trafford
4. Not suffering oxygen deprivation at Newcastle
5. Opposition supporters who are real football fans
6. Not listening to ManUre sing that droning dirge that they put upon us at HQ
7. Chel***
8. Matchday scarves

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Login to get fewer ads

Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 14:57 - Apr 11 with 5674 viewsSpiritofGregory

Think fans will be in for a huge shock unless we keep Harry and do fantastic business during the summer. We all know that our best players will want to go and we will sell, you can not justify having players in the Championship on such high wages. It will be a nightmare to try and get rid of the likes of Ferdinand and SWP.

When I look at the current squad and take away Samba, Remy, Adel, Cesar, Townsend.. I can't see many in the squad who either have the legs or stomach for a fight in the championship. Can you honestly see the likes of Boswinga, SWP and Traore fighting for the cause?

Our fans seem to have a distorted view of our time in the championship. Yes, our promotion season was great but the seasons before were miserable.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 15:19 - Apr 11 with 5638 viewsRs_Holy

Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 14:57 - Apr 11 by SpiritofGregory

Think fans will be in for a huge shock unless we keep Harry and do fantastic business during the summer. We all know that our best players will want to go and we will sell, you can not justify having players in the Championship on such high wages. It will be a nightmare to try and get rid of the likes of Ferdinand and SWP.

When I look at the current squad and take away Samba, Remy, Adel, Cesar, Townsend.. I can't see many in the squad who either have the legs or stomach for a fight in the championship. Can you honestly see the likes of Boswinga, SWP and Traore fighting for the cause?

Our fans seem to have a distorted view of our time in the championship. Yes, our promotion season was great but the seasons before were miserable.

You are spot on when you say Harry is the key to any success next season.

I will be quietly optimistic if Harry stays.

The next conundrum is how many games we can get out of Johnson and Zamora until one (or both) breaks down. Long shot I know but if you could get half a season out of both, I would fancy us to do pretty well.

The defence is leaky in the Prem but we will not get punished for every mistake in the Championship.
Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 15:20 - Apr 11 with 5635 viewsRs_Holy

Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 14:57 - Apr 11 by SpiritofGregory

The next conundrum is how many games we can get out of Johnson and Zamora until one (or both) breaks down. Long shot I know but if you could get half a season out of both, I would fancy us to do pretty well.

The defence is leaky in the Prem but we will not get punished for every mistake in the Championship.
Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 15:33 - Apr 11 with 5608 viewsMytch_QPR

Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 15:20 - Apr 11 by Rs_Holy

The real key to success will be players who want to play for the club. I was impressed by what Jenas said recently, and I hope he is sincere with it.

We'll be there, will the Koreans?

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 15:48 - Apr 11 with 5586 viewsfakekerby

Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 15:33 - Apr 11 by Mytch_QPR

The real key to success will be players who want to play for the club. I was impressed by what Jenas said recently, and I hope he is sincere with it.

We'll be there, will the Koreans?

The Koreans don't even understand which league we are in, they're purely there for Park, so if he's around then they will be.
Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 15:52 - Apr 11 with 5581 viewsjamois

I liked every season in the Championship. It felt real. It felt more like football used to when I first started going. Ok, the opponents aren't as glamorous and the crowds are thinner, but it's a proper competitive league. I'd have liked the PL too if we'd managed to establish a foothold in it but we never did, and aiming for lower-mid table obscurity is an equally miserable experience.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 16:50 - Apr 11 with 5531 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Brentford away.
Brighton (hopefully) away

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 17:25 - Apr 11 with 5475 viewsHook

No Alan Shearer or armchairs spouting garbage.
Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 18:09 - Apr 11 with 5434 viewsrunningman75

Not paying 55 quid for a matchday ticket.
Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 18:09 - Apr 11 with 5434 viewsHamtuneR

Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 17:25 - Apr 11 by Hook

No Alan Shearer or armchairs spouting garbage.

More away games in the Midlands
Possible play off at Wembley
Fewer rip - off prices
More competition between teams
Less hype from Sky
Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 18:18 - Apr 11 with 5412 viewsCliff

Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 18:09 - Apr 11 by runningman75

Not paying 55 quid for a matchday ticket.

We hope!
Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 09:20 - Apr 12 with 5271 viewsrobith

Not having some know nothing who's never even been in the same postcode as the team they "support" reguritating what they heard on talksport/read in The S*n at you as fact
Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 10:54 - Apr 12 with 5224 viewsHunterhoop

1) Ale Faurlin returning and spraying the ball around majestically
2) Doncaster away
3) Not hearing or reading 'EPL' anywhere
4) Not having Alan Shearer give his "analysis" on us
5) Playing teams with a worse defence than us
Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 11:12 - Apr 12 with 5205 viewsAntti_Heinola

I don't think anyone's underestimating anything. There will be big changes. I don't think all our big players will go, I think with parachute payments one or two will end up staying. Personally, I think Samba will be staying for next season at least. And of course there will be hard work to be done in getting new players in. But the Championship is extremely unpredictable. The beauty of it is that half the league is capable of finishing in the top four. Looking forward to it.

Bare bones.

Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 11:37 - Apr 12 with 5175 viewsdaveB

hopefully next season we will be relegated again so we can go back to league one and the glory days
Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 11:40 - Apr 12 with 5168 viewsbob566

Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 11:37 - Apr 12 by daveB

hopefully next season we will be relegated again so we can go back to league one and the glory days

haha.

I don't get it either dave. I don't see any positives. I want to be in the premiership every season.

Another negative of the championship. 180mins of the sheffield wed brass ensemble.
Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 11:57 - Apr 12 with 5155 viewsMytch_QPR

Advantages to being in the Championship next season on 11:12 - Apr 12 by Antti_Heinola

I don't think anyone's underestimating anything. There will be big changes. I don't think all our big players will go, I think with parachute payments one or two will end up staying. Personally, I think Samba will be staying for next season at least. And of course there will be hard work to be done in getting new players in. But the Championship is extremely unpredictable. The beauty of it is that half the league is capable of finishing in the top four. Looking forward to it.

Another poster mentioned Faurlin, Samba may well be a possibility as it may be impossible to offload him in current form.
The really interesting ones will be the other loans out: Cisse, Ferdinand, Hulse, - can't remember if there are any others (I won't mention Barton as everyone's fed up of those threads, apparently!)

Have a feeling it may be history repeating itself - Hill & Derry pulling the team together, might as well try to get Helguson and Tommy Smith back!

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024