Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
31 years ago today 11:17 - May 22 with 1131 viewsloftboy

Walking up Wembley way as a 15 year old.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

31 years ago today on 11:27 - May 22 with 1112 viewsSuffolk

Took the same walk - aged 14. I remember it better than yesterday!
31 years ago today on 11:58 - May 22 with 1075 viewsJuzzie

I watched it on TV with my dad as a 14 year old. Still remember leaping around the living room like a demented loon when Fenwick equalised.

31 years ago today on 12:08 - May 22 with 1061 viewsGilligan

31 years ago today on 11:58 - May 22 by Juzzie

I watched it on TV with my dad as a 14 year old. Still remember leaping around the living room like a demented loon when Fenwick equalised.

I was 14 too. I went to the replay. I can't really remember the game. But I remember cycling down to Loftus Road after doing my paper round to buy a ticket on Sunday morning. I also remember seeing a Tottenham fan getting attacked outside Wembley after the final whistle.
31 years ago today on 12:17 - May 22 with 1044 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

31 years ago today on 12:25 - May 22 with 1025 viewsBrianMcCarthy

We'd moved back to Ireland, and I was 12 and a big boy now. Watched both games in the family pub with a huge crowd in, all shouting for Rangers just for our sake.

I'd cried in '76, and so had my Dad. When the cup replay ended I felt like crying again but the ol' fella had a word and I went playing ball out the back instead. In our game Rangers won.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

31 years ago today on 12:25 - May 22 with 1025 viewsTW_R

31 years ago today on 12:17 - May 22 by Metallica_Hoop

You really didn't want to go, did you?
31 years ago today on 12:28 - May 22 with 1013 viewsMetallica_Hoop

31 years ago today on 12:25 - May 22 by TW_R

You really didn't want to go, did you?

I didn't I went to the '86 one.

Pic makes me laugh though.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

31 years ago today on 12:31 - May 22 with 1007 viewsSuffolk

31 years ago today on 12:08 - May 22 by Gilligan

I was 14 too. I went to the replay. I can't really remember the game. But I remember cycling down to Loftus Road after doing my paper round to buy a ticket on Sunday morning. I also remember seeing a Tottenham fan getting attacked outside Wembley after the final whistle.

I was at the replay as well. I was standing behind the goal when the penalty was taken. I had a drunk Arsenal fan next to me.
I was given abuse by Spurs fans before the game. I thought I was going to get my head kicked in. I went with my dad to the semi final. He parked in with the WBA coaches! I was terrified walking back to the car after the game. Some of the WBA fans were on the rampage smashing up some guys stall for selling QPR scarves and they turned over the newsagents.
I saw a lot of aggro as a kid at football. It didn't bother me - I even thought it funny at times. Following the games mentioned I ceased finding it funny. I was now a target. I stopped going for a while.
Login to get fewer ads

31 years ago today on 16:57 - May 22 with 920 viewsHantsR

I was sitting on my Land Rover bonnet in Dar es Salaam airport car park waiting for a colleague (whose plane didn't come) with my SW radio glued to my ear! Locals thought I might have been out in the midday sun too long when Fenwick scored
31 years ago today on 19:31 - May 22 with 843 viewsactonman

was in mcgees in northfield avenue (last known as the spinning wheel ?)

8 years old coke and crisps in hand (in the process of being converted from liverpool fc)

been an r ever since !
31 years ago today on 19:43 - May 22 with 838 viewsMrSheen

Promotion to the 1st Division, three Wembley appearances (one of which I've forgotten) and a European campaign in my first six years as a Rangers fan. Since then...Someone should have warned me that watching Gary Chivers and Ernie Howe was actually a golden age.
31 years ago today on 19:46 - May 22 with 835 viewsMkPaul

Was it really 31 years ago? Feck I feel old now
31 years ago today on 20:00 - May 22 with 826 viewsAgedR

What a team.

Waddock had Hoddle in his back pocket all game, until Clive Fxcking Thomas body checked him...well that's how I remember it...I was 10 mind.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

31 years ago today on 20:30 - May 22 with 814 viewsLoft1979

31 years ago today on 11:58 - May 22 by Juzzie

SAme here. I still watch it on you tube.
31 years ago today on 21:22 - May 22 with 779 viewsFredManRave

31 years ago today on 20:00 - May 22 by AgedR

What a team.

Waddock had Hoddle in his back pocket all game, until Clive Fxcking Thomas body checked him...well that's how I remember it...I was 10 mind.

Bloody Hell AgedR! Can you change your name please. I always thought, with a profile name like that, you were about 70 years old. But you're not, you're younger than me (albeit by 1 year). Still, change your name to Plenty to OffR or something equally suitable, please.

You're as aged as (the woman) you feel.

Cheers.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

31 years ago today on 22:06 - May 22 with 760 viewshamptonhillhoop

I was 11 years old and in the upper tier of the terrace with my dad. Have a vivid memory of looking to my right during extra time and the end erupting. I'd chosen the time when we scored our only ever goal in an fa cup final to have a daydream and miss it. Went to the replay too. Lower tier terrace ticket £4.00. Still got both of them
31 years ago today on 22:24 - May 22 with 744 viewsAgedR

31 years ago today on 21:22 - May 22 by FredManRave

Bloody Hell AgedR! Can you change your name please. I always thought, with a profile name like that, you were about 70 years old. But you're not, you're younger than me (albeit by 1 year). Still, change your name to Plenty to OffR or something equally suitable, please.

You're as aged as (the woman) you feel.

Cheers.

Yes, when I signed up, it was a roose to pull young women who might admire the more mature poster.

As it turns out, the site is full of middle aged cheese lovers.

Like me.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

31 years ago today on 03:37 - May 23 with 700 viewsSydneyRs

I didn't have tickets for the first game but did go to the replay. I was 12.

On the day of the final we drove down to see the fans walking to Wembley from Loftus Rd, many telling us we were going the wrong way etc. Great scenes and I was so jealous of those with tickets.

Watched the game at home in full R's gear, flags etc. Spurs were star studded and all over us, we lost Clive Allen early to injury and he missed ther replay too. Peter Hucker was magnificent and only a deflected Hoddle shot in extra time finally beat him. We went nuts when Fenwick scored. Stainrod long throw, Bobby Hazell flick on - get in! Me and some mates walked around the streets afterwards with our flags - we were so proud.

Got home from school on the Monday to discover my Dad had tickets for the replay, ecstasy. We were sat up to the right of the QPR end. Our fans were magnificent all night, totally outsung Spurs.

The penalty for Spurs was clear cut and they were ahead after only 4 mins or so. The lower tier of the QPR end was divided between Spurs and us, there was a bit of fisticuffs after they scored, usual 1980s stuff. I think at least one person got punched after every goal in those days!

After they scored we murdered them, don't know how we didn't win it just wasn't to be. I remember wildly celebrating a goal before realising it had ben disallowed and John Gregory hitting the bar. Agonising but at the same time a very proud night where our second division side dominated a very good Spurs team. I clearly recall being blown away by the atmospehere and how fantastic the QPR fans were. We have lost that kind of atmosphere forever sadly.

I compare the pride that night to what I feel about the current squad and it is such a contrast.

The following season was the first where I went to nearly all home games. We were turning up every week with the only question being how many we would win by, happy days!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024