Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gay mariage 03:13 - May 27 with 10291 viewsWindsorHoopMan

Can't even spell it! 1 million marched against it in France today. Amiazing since it is only a few miles away but totally different opinion over here
Gay mariage on 06:54 - May 27 with 4612 viewsKendo_Nagasaki

if you can bother to give loads of effort to oppose gay marriage..
then you're either

a. stupid

b. scared that you might actually enjoy the taste of dick.

Psycho killer Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Gay mariage on 07:09 - May 27 with 4594 viewseasthertsr

The most sane opinion on this- if you are opposed to gay marriage then don't marry someone of the same gender, simple!
Gay mariage on 08:00 - May 27 with 4563 viewsQPR_John

Any chance for equality for heterosexuals with respect to civil partnerships???? This aspect of equality does not seem to matter to many
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Gay mariage on 08:29 - May 27 with 4533 viewsozexile

With all the hate currently in the world how can you oppose two people wanting to show love for each other. Live and let live.
Gay mariage on 08:33 - May 27 with 4519 viewseasthertsr

Gay mariage on 08:00 - May 27 by QPR_John

Any chance for equality for heterosexuals with respect to civil partnerships???? This aspect of equality does not seem to matter to many
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

yeah like there's a huge queue of heterosexual couples who want to have a civil partnership. It's 2013, why do we care so much about other peoples sex lives? It's none of our business
Gay mariage on 09:00 - May 27 with 4473 viewsessextaxiboy

Gay mariage on 08:33 - May 27 by easthertsr

yeah like there's a huge queue of heterosexual couples who want to have a civil partnership. It's 2013, why do we care so much about other peoples sex lives? It's none of our business

It hasnt got anything to.do with their sex lives . Its a box ticking crusade.
Gay mariage on 09:04 - May 27 with 4470 viewsQPR_John

Gay mariage on 08:33 - May 27 by easthertsr

It is the hypocrisy that bothers to me. It does not matter how many people are queueing up to have a civil partnership allowing one section of the community to have it but preventing another is hardly equality, one of the driving forces behind gay marriage.
Gay mariage on 09:14 - May 27 with 4454 viewseasthertsr

Gay mariage on 09:04 - May 27 by QPR_John

It is the hypocrisy that bothers to me. It does not matter how many people are queueing up to have a civil partnership allowing one section of the community to have it but preventing another is hardly equality, one of the driving forces behind gay marriage.

Speaking of hypocrisy, why is it that these Tory M P's who are always banging on about 'rolling back the state' and how there is too much government, and the 'nanny' state and how people should be able to get on with their lives when it's a matter of say running a business for profit are the same ones who are trying to stop people who love each other getting married?
Login to get fewer ads

Gay mariage on 09:31 - May 27 with 4426 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

I think the most eloquent argument ever put forward against same sex marriage, or indeed homosexuality in general, was by ragga star Shabba Ranks: 'God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.'
Gay mariage on 09:58 - May 27 with 4395 viewsQPR_John

Gay mariage on 09:14 - May 27 by easthertsr

Speaking of hypocrisy, why is it that these Tory M P's who are always banging on about 'rolling back the state' and how there is too much government, and the 'nanny' state and how people should be able to get on with their lives when it's a matter of say running a business for profit are the same ones who are trying to stop people who love each other getting married?

Typical response muddy the waters and hope the argument goes away. Because hypocrisy exists elsewhere does not change the point I am making.

Civil partnership were introduced, (Why not marriage at the time - maybe easier to get through) to give gay couples the same legal rights/protection as marriage gave. No problem with that and same sex couples were not given the option because they were allowed to marry. Now gay couples will be allowed to marry why civil partnerships? Any bill to allow gay couples to marry should automatically remove civil partnerships or give that right to same sex couples. It is a s simple as that and if you cannot see that then I wonder what your agenda is.
Maybe you can tell me what the legal difference is between a civil partnership and a marriage.
Gay mariage on 10:14 - May 27 with 4366 viewseasthertsr

Gay mariage on 09:58 - May 27 by QPR_John

Typical response muddy the waters and hope the argument goes away. Because hypocrisy exists elsewhere does not change the point I am making.

Civil partnership were introduced, (Why not marriage at the time - maybe easier to get through) to give gay couples the same legal rights/protection as marriage gave. No problem with that and same sex couples were not given the option because they were allowed to marry. Now gay couples will be allowed to marry why civil partnerships? Any bill to allow gay couples to marry should automatically remove civil partnerships or give that right to same sex couples. It is a s simple as that and if you cannot see that then I wonder what your agenda is.
Maybe you can tell me what the legal difference is between a civil partnership and a marriage.

Technically you are right, everyone should have the same choices in law. However, the people who are proposing this amendment are doing so to try and prevent the gay people getting married bill getting passed, which is worse in terms of equality issues. As for an agenda, I am a confirmed and practicing heterosexual with 3 children. I 'm just interested, why are so many religious people fixated with who other people go to bed with? And if God exists and created mankind, then surely he created gay people as well!
Gay mariage on 10:15 - May 27 with 4364 viewstimcocking

I'm not sure i'm too keen on the idea of gay people adopting children. I don't consider that ideal, whatever the PC brigade try to tell me.

As to whether they get married, personally i couldn't care less. That said, i'm not religious. If i was a Christian who actually did believe the bible , then surely homosexuality is forbidden? I don't see how religious people can pick and choose what parts of the Word of God they can alter to suit current health and safety / political climate. If the Bible sys no gay marriage and no women priests etc., then i'd have thought that's tough titty. Not that i care either way.

It's a tiny issue to me, i'm far more concerned about Tigers (probably) becoming extinct in the wild soon.
Gay mariage on 10:43 - May 27 with 4316 viewsCHUBBS

This has fcuk all to do with rights for gay people but is another sinister attempt to destroy family unity.
As far as i'm concerned gay people can live as they choose but the bible must never be altered to satisfy modern political agendas.
If gay people were truly religious they would know that a religious ceremony is against the word of god so forbidden.
They will continue promoting Promiscuity and gay marriage until they're satisfied that the strength of marriage and family union has been well and truly destroyed.
What a twisted world we live in!
Gay mariage on 10:45 - May 27 with 4310 viewsBromleyHoop

Gay mariage on 09:31 - May 27 by Orthodox_Hoop

I think the most eloquent argument ever put forward against same sex marriage, or indeed homosexuality in general, was by ragga star Shabba Ranks: 'God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.'

He also advocated shooting gay people in the head. Very eloquent. What does the Bible say about that?

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Gay mariage on 10:49 - May 27 with 4298 viewsHollowayRanger

Gay mariage on 10:15 - May 27 by timcocking

I'm not sure i'm too keen on the idea of gay people adopting children. I don't consider that ideal, whatever the PC brigade try to tell me.

As to whether they get married, personally i couldn't care less. That said, i'm not religious. If i was a Christian who actually did believe the bible , then surely homosexuality is forbidden? I don't see how religious people can pick and choose what parts of the Word of God they can alter to suit current health and safety / political climate. If the Bible sys no gay marriage and no women priests etc., then i'd have thought that's tough titty. Not that i care either way.

It's a tiny issue to me, i'm far more concerned about Tigers (probably) becoming extinct in the wild soon.

are they gay as well?

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Gay mariage on 10:52 - May 27 with 4292 viewsBromleyHoop

Gay mariage on 10:43 - May 27 by CHUBBS

This has fcuk all to do with rights for gay people but is another sinister attempt to destroy family unity.
As far as i'm concerned gay people can live as they choose but the bible must never be altered to satisfy modern political agendas.
If gay people were truly religious they would know that a religious ceremony is against the word of god so forbidden.
They will continue promoting Promiscuity and gay marriage until they're satisfied that the strength of marriage and family union has been well and truly destroyed.

Of course! Silly me, it's nothing to do with love and equality, it's a conspiracy. Is there anything that you don't think is a conspiracy?

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Gay mariage on 10:53 - May 27 with 4284 viewsCHUBBS

Gay mariage on 10:52 - May 27 by BromleyHoop

Of course! Silly me, it's nothing to do with love and equality, it's a conspiracy. Is there anything that you don't think is a conspiracy?

You are quite silly i agree
Gay mariage on 11:02 - May 27 with 4268 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Gay mariage on 10:45 - May 27 by BromleyHoop

He also advocated shooting gay people in the head. Very eloquent. What does the Bible say about that?

Wouldn't know mate, I don't read the bible. Are you asking because you already know the answer? If not we can always ask Shabba.
Gay mariage on 12:04 - May 27 with 4195 viewsNW5Hoop

Gay mariage on 09:04 - May 27 by QPR_John

Civil partnership was created as a sop - a "not quite marriage" for gay couples. It wasn't ever anticipated that straight couples might want it. And it proved not to be enough for many gay couples. Who wanted to be actually married. "Why can't straight couples have civil partnerships?" is a straw man created by opponents of gay marriage.
Gay mariage on 12:12 - May 27 with 4180 viewsNW5Hoop

Yes, the Bible. Lord knows we should respect everything laid down there.

How about some highlights of Leviticus?

"And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death."

"21:16 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
21:17 Speak unto Aaron, saying, Whosoever he be of thy seed in their generations that hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God.
21:18 For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous,
21:19 Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded,
21:20 Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken"

It's too easy with Leviticus. Its all mental. And that book is the basis for Biblical homophobia. So unless you're willing to swallow it all (baby girls are twice as unclean as baby boys; menstruating women are dangerous; insects have four legs), then don't cite the bible approvingly for being anti gay marriage.
Gay mariage on 12:28 - May 27 with 4158 viewskensalriser

Another classic LFW thread that makes the Daily Mail look progressive, liberal and level-headed!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Gay mariage on 12:31 - May 27 with 4155 viewsJuzzie

I've nothing against gay marriage..... they should be able to suffer like everyone else! ;o)

Gay mariage on 12:59 - May 27 with 4125 viewsTHEBUSH

Religion, keep religion out of this please.

Religion, should have nothing to do with the laws of our country.
Gay mariage on 12:59 - May 27 with 4124 viewsTheBlob

Gay divorces will be extra messy.Imagine the fights over who gets custody of the Clare Balding tea cosy and the inlatable Tom Daley.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Gay mariage on 13:28 - May 27 with 4084 viewsWatford_Ranger

Moses said to the Israelites "come forth" but they came fifth and Bale went to Madrid.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024