Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gay mariage 03:13 - May 27 with 11274 viewsWindsorHoopMan

Can't even spell it! 1 million marched against it in France today. Amiazing since it is only a few miles away but totally different opinion over here
Gay mariage on 16:38 - May 28 with 1572 viewsCliff

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Well bugger me! we agree on something other than football!
Gay mariage on 17:35 - May 28 with 1533 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Gay mariage on 08:03 - May 28 by Bluce_Ree

Eloquent? Do me a favour. Shabba Ranks is a hateful c*nt and his music is shit.

Also, the line 'God created Adam and Eve' isn't to be taken seriously as it's totally delusional.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfi0rh_shabba-ranks-says-gays-should-be-crucifi

What a c*nt. I'm glad his records don't sell for shit anymore.

Crikey, some of you need to look up the meaning of irony in the dictionary. And take a chill pill. Or get laid. Or take a chill pill and get laid.
Gay mariage on 18:49 - May 28 with 1501 viewstimcocking

Gay mariage on 15:02 - May 28 by BklynRanger

The point is that equal rights for gay people is not about them wanting to get married in a church! It's about them wanting their marriage to be accepted as being as equally valid as a marriage between a man and a woman. Everything else you're going on about regarding religion, christians and eternal damnation is besides the fcuking point.

And it's not 'a couple of blokes' is it? So lets deny people a perfectly reasonable right because if we don't we're risking literally burning in the fires of hell for all eternity. Alright then.

I'm sorry if I was abusive, but by your own standard I'm allowed to be if you've wound me up, and you did. There was no reason for me to get personal, I do accept that.

Fair enough, it's just thought i tried to make it abundantly clear it's not me that's complaining? Gay people can get married anywhere anytime as far as i'm concerned, so i don't know how i managed to wind anybody up? Sorry if i did but It's not me you should be moaning at. As somebody who has always been pro gay / lesbian, i like multicultural places and friends of many races nationalities blah blah blah., it's bloody annoying to be called racist or homophobic so often on Loft For Words by people i haven't even met! I swear, an incredibly judgmental lot some of you people. Besides, i really think some of these issues are far more complex than just one word categorisation of people into he's a racist or not. People aren't all the same. If i say one thing ever negative about a foreigner or a gay fella am i a racist or a bigot? To me, a racist or homophobe or whatever implies the person has a genuine dislike on sight of a person based purely on his ethnic/social/cultural status, not somebody who complains about a few things. If i said i felt Somalians were more likely to rob a ship than English people, would that make me a racist? Would it bollox. It means i feel Somalians are more likely to rob a ship than English people.
Anyway, it's late over here, I don't even know what i'm going on about now.
I'm off to kip. Not intending to argue, just can't believe i seem to have been tarred as somebody who would possibly object to two other people getting married when i never remotely expressed such a feeling (at least i didn't think i did?).

Not sure that it matters, but i've been with my missus for 10 years (she's a darkie! And not a Christian to boot, shock horror!), we have a beautiful daughter, and we're not married. To me it's a pointless piece of paper.

If we're not talking about church weddings then i simply don't understand the fuss to begin with. Surely nobody sane would object to that? But then again, religious folk are typically not 100% sane in my experience.

And they won't let me smoke weed, which is a bloody appalling abuse of my human rights! How we can smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol, but not smoke a doobie now that truly is a farcical situation.
Gay mariage on 19:11 - May 28 with 1497 viewsRangersAreBack

Gay mariage on 08:29 - May 27 by ozexile

With all the hate currently in the world how can you oppose two people wanting to show love for each other. Live and let live.

You can show love without hijacking marriage.
Gay mariage on 19:52 - May 28 with 1476 viewsCliff

Gay mariage on 19:11 - May 28 by RangersAreBack

You can show love without hijacking marriage.

I looked hijacking up just to make sure it didn't have some meaning I was unaware of and came up with:

illegally seize (an aircraft, ship, or vehicle) while in transit and force it to go to a different destination or use it for one’s own purposes,

or

take over (something) and use it for a different purpose.

can you tell me how gay marriage does either of these things? gay's getting married doesn't take anything over or away from heterosexual marriage and it certainly isn't using it for a different purpose.
Gay mariage on 20:02 - May 28 with 1466 viewsTheBlob

Ho hum,always the bridegroom never the bride.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Gay marriage on 20:07 - May 28 with 1459 viewsdanehoop

Gay mariage on 20:02 - May 28 by TheBlob

Ho hum,always the bridegroom never the bride.

Bizarre. So many posts on this subject. None of my or your business. Gay couples were getting married in church in Denmark for years. Simply no big deal. They want to get married, they paid their taxes (church tax was mandatory unless you opted out) they get married. Job done.

Never knowingly understood

Gay mariage on 20:11 - May 28 with 1455 viewsessextaxiboy

Gay mariage on 19:52 - May 28 by Cliff

I looked hijacking up just to make sure it didn't have some meaning I was unaware of and came up with:

illegally seize (an aircraft, ship, or vehicle) while in transit and force it to go to a different destination or use it for one’s own purposes,

or

can you tell me how gay marriage does either of these things? gay's getting married doesn't take anything over or away from heterosexual marriage and it certainly isn't using it for a different purpose.

When the divorce rate starts to climb and its not PC to split out the gay and hetorosexual marriages that will certainly take something away from traditional marriage . It will be rubbished in the media as outdated and unsuccessful .

It is being used for a different purpose, as a ratcheting tool for equality , it will give a gay couple no more rights than a civil partnership .

There can never be equality as only a hetrosexual couple can procreate. Fact
Login to get fewer ads

Gay mariage on 20:28 - May 28 with 1450 viewsCHUBBS

Gay mariage on 15:02 - May 27 by BklynRanger

The question of whether its legal or illegal has got nothing to do with religion as far as I can tell.

It's about changing the laws - if they then want to have a religious or non-religious wedding ceremony that's a separate matter.

(And not at you, Chubbs, but...) I never understand how people who pay no attention to the bible suddenly start waving it around when it comes to gay marriage - it's embarassing to read.

Apologies for not replying promptly as i some how missed this!
Yeah i was looking at it from a political/religious stance and personally couldn't care less if two geezers want to get married.
Gay mariage on 20:52 - May 28 with 1428 viewsTGRRRSSS

They should bring it in, it;ll boost the economy firther with marriage venues and various this that and the other surrounding a wedding, then of course the inevitable divorces which is goof for law firms and estate agents and this that and the other.
Gay mariage on 21:23 - May 28 with 1413 viewsCliff

Gay mariage on 20:11 - May 28 by essextaxiboy

When the divorce rate starts to climb and its not PC to split out the gay and hetorosexual marriages that will certainly take something away from traditional marriage . It will be rubbished in the media as outdated and unsuccessful .

It is being used for a different purpose, as a ratcheting tool for equality , it will give a gay couple no more rights than a civil partnership .

There can never be equality as only a hetrosexual couple can procreate. Fact

So you are seriously suggesting that even if, and I mean if, gay marriages don't last as long as heterosexual marriages, that would somehow degrade all marriages?

Gay couples will most definitely get more from a full marriage than from civil partnerships try reading:

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/seven-ways-civil-partnership-isnt-same-marria

or even doing a google search as I just did before talking without knowing the facts.

On the subject of facts, I agree a gay couple cannot procreate without help, but what the hell has that got to do with the argument? I'm not married and yet I have two kids - conclusion the two concepts, marriage and parenthood, are not inextricably linked.
Gay mariage on 21:29 - May 28 with 1409 viewsRangersAreBack

Gay mariage on 19:52 - May 28 by Cliff

or

Using your definition your taking an institution originally created for opposite-sex couples and using it for same-sex couples.
Gay mariage on 22:42 - May 28 with 1386 viewsCliff

Gay mariage on 21:29 - May 28 by RangersAreBack

Using your definition your taking an institution originally created for opposite-sex couples and using it for same-sex couples.

The original purpose however remains the same, two people committing to each other.
Gay mariage on 00:36 - May 29 with 1361 viewsFredManRave

Gay mariage on 20:28 - May 28 by CHUBBS

Apologies for not replying promptly as i some how missed this!
Yeah i was looking at it from a political/religious stance and personally couldn't care less if two geezers want to get married.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Gay mariage on 03:44 - May 29 with 1343 viewsessextaxiboy

Gay mariage on 21:23 - May 28 by Cliff

So you are seriously suggesting that even if, and I mean if, gay marriages don't last as long as heterosexual marriages, that would somehow degrade all marriages?

Gay couples will most definitely get more from a full marriage than from civil partnerships try reading:

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/seven-ways-civil-partnership-isnt-same-marria

or even doing a google search as I just did before talking without knowing the facts.

On the subject of facts, I agree a gay couple cannot procreate without help, but what the hell has that got to do with the argument? I'm not married and yet I have two kids - conclusion the two concepts, marriage and parenthood, are not inextricably linked.

Point 1..Yes I am saying exactly that . 2.... I did research it , not on the site you linked to . The only point that would appear to have substance is the pension rights which are all addressed through new (since 2004) or proposed pension legislation . The others points are so obscure and contrived they are just puff ...IMO . Intetestingly though I see adultery is not ground for divorce in CP or gay marriage ... How convenient ...see point 1. Point 3 was to do with the impossibilty off true equalty in nature ather than in law.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Gay mariage on 04:16 - May 29 with 1336 viewsCliff

Gay mariage on 03:44 - May 29 by essextaxiboy

Point 1..Yes I am saying exactly that . 2.... I did research it , not on the site you linked to . The only point that would appear to have substance is the pension rights which are all addressed through new (since 2004) or proposed pension legislation . The others points are so obscure and contrived they are just puff ...IMO . Intetestingly though I see adultery is not ground for divorce in CP or gay marriage ... How convenient ...see point 1. Point 3 was to do with the impossibilty off true equalty in nature ather than in law.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Point 1. Can you explain why a heterosexual couple would be more likely split just because gay couple do?

Point 2. Any future law changes that affect married couples would not automatically affect civil partnerships, which would need separate legislation. I agree all terms of marriage should be equal, including adultery.

Point 3. I assume you think that as marriages that cannot lead to procreation are ultimately false, then heterosexual couples that cannot have children, or choose not to, should have their marriages dissolved? If not why ban gay marriages on the grounds that they cannot produce children?
Gay mariage on 04:54 - May 29 with 1334 viewsessextaxiboy

Gay mariage on 04:16 - May 29 by Cliff

Point 1. Can you explain why a heterosexual couple would be more likely split just because gay couple do?

Point 2. Any future law changes that affect married couples would not automatically affect civil partnerships, which would need separate legislation. I agree all terms of marriage should be equal, including adultery.

Point 3. I assume you think that as marriages that cannot lead to procreation are ultimately false, then heterosexual couples that cannot have children, or choose not to, should have their marriages dissolved? If not why ban gay marriages on the grounds that they cannot produce children?

CP dissolutions increased by 28%.2010-2011 without being able to cite adultery(the2nd most common reasons for hetorosexual divorce ).They only started in 2007. Divorce rate is falling . .......As laws are changed CP are recognised and included as they should be. ..hetorosexual couples either have a choice or a defective reproduction system ..I would not bother to get married now if I wasnt going to have children .
Gay mariage on 13:48 - May 29 with 1295 viewsCliff

Gay mariage on 04:54 - May 29 by essextaxiboy

CP dissolutions increased by 28%.2010-2011 without being able to cite adultery(the2nd most common reasons for hetorosexual divorce ).They only started in 2007. Divorce rate is falling . .......As laws are changed CP are recognised and included as they should be. ..hetorosexual couples either have a choice or a defective reproduction system ..I would not bother to get married now if I wasnt going to have children .

So your view is that marriage isn't worthwhile unless kids are involved, and on that basis, plus the fact that it might ruin some statistics on divorce, you would deny people the right to marriage?

There is a name for people who would impose their ideas on others even when it would have no direct effect on themselves.
Gay mariage on 13:50 - May 29 with 1291 viewsBluce_Ree

If marriage is so fking special then explain My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding or fking Katie Price. Weddings ain't shit.

Amusingly I'm getting married next year but I'm not being a quim about it.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Gay mariage on 13:58 - May 29 with 1285 viewsCliff

Gay mariage on 13:50 - May 29 by Bluce_Ree

If marriage is so fking special then explain My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding or fking Katie Price. Weddings ain't shit.

Amusingly I'm getting married next year but I'm not being a quim about it.

I've been living with the same woman since 1986 (I would say I was lining in sin, as the old saying goes, but there's bugger all sin going on nowadays )

We have two kids, 16 and 18 (both ST holders), and I have never once felt the need to get married. However even though I personally believe that marriage is an outdated and pointless institution, I don't think it right for me, or anyone else, to deny others the right to get married should they wish.
Gay mariage on 15:52 - May 29 with 1261 viewsessextaxiboy

Gay mariage on 13:48 - May 29 by Cliff

So your view is that marriage isn't worthwhile unless kids are involved, and on that basis, plus the fact that it might ruin some statistics on divorce, you would deny people the right to marriage?

There is a name for people who would impose their ideas on others even when it would have no direct effect on themselves.

Ok , you seem to be trying to guess my views in every post so here they are.

I have been married since 1981 . I have 3 boys 26 20 and 18 (2 season ticket holders) . Never a moments problems all in work or education .
It wont surprise you to learn that I believe that the best way to bring up balanced happy children into responsible adults is in a stable home with a male and female parent present all of the time .
I also believe that a legal commitment to see that through and maintain the family unit is the best way , I E Marriage . That is why I care about divorce statistics ,

In another post I see that you are not married . Your commitment to your family is no less than mine . I respect your choices . I just see things another way IE no kids .. why bother .
Its not as if you somehow love each other any more is it ?

Not sure what name it is that you mean(I did google it ) but just go ahead and post it . I wont be offended ...
Gay mariage on 16:21 - May 29 with 1246 viewsTW_R

Gay mariage on 16:38 - May 28 by Cliff

Well bugger me! we agree on something other than football!

"Well bugger me!"

Perfect turn of phrase for this thread.
Gay mariage on 16:27 - May 29 with 1236 viewsBklynRanger

Gay mariage on 18:49 - May 28 by timcocking

Fair enough, it's just thought i tried to make it abundantly clear it's not me that's complaining? Gay people can get married anywhere anytime as far as i'm concerned, so i don't know how i managed to wind anybody up? Sorry if i did but It's not me you should be moaning at. As somebody who has always been pro gay / lesbian, i like multicultural places and friends of many races nationalities blah blah blah., it's bloody annoying to be called racist or homophobic so often on Loft For Words by people i haven't even met! I swear, an incredibly judgmental lot some of you people. Besides, i really think some of these issues are far more complex than just one word categorisation of people into he's a racist or not. People aren't all the same. If i say one thing ever negative about a foreigner or a gay fella am i a racist or a bigot? To me, a racist or homophobe or whatever implies the person has a genuine dislike on sight of a person based purely on his ethnic/social/cultural status, not somebody who complains about a few things. If i said i felt Somalians were more likely to rob a ship than English people, would that make me a racist? Would it bollox. It means i feel Somalians are more likely to rob a ship than English people.
Anyway, it's late over here, I don't even know what i'm going on about now.
I'm off to kip. Not intending to argue, just can't believe i seem to have been tarred as somebody who would possibly object to two other people getting married when i never remotely expressed such a feeling (at least i didn't think i did?).

Not sure that it matters, but i've been with my missus for 10 years (she's a darkie! And not a Christian to boot, shock horror!), we have a beautiful daughter, and we're not married. To me it's a pointless piece of paper.

If we're not talking about church weddings then i simply don't understand the fuss to begin with. Surely nobody sane would object to that? But then again, religious folk are typically not 100% sane in my experience.

And they won't let me smoke weed, which is a bloody appalling abuse of my human rights! How we can smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol, but not smoke a doobie now that truly is a farcical situation.

Tim, I don't think this is about church weddings, I 'think' it's about gay marriages being allowed the same rights as straight ones.

I basically agree with a lot of what you've said in this last post. The other one about Africans and 'spoilt gay brats' seemed a bit much to me when I read it tbh.

I don't honestly have that strong an opinion on it either, other than a tendency to react against the increasing reactionary tendencies of people to go on about how gay marraige is a risk to the ' traditional family unit' or whatever it is they say these days. If you're saying 'why would gay people be kicking up a fuss about demanding the right to get married in a church?' then I can see where you're coming from as far as religion's concerned. That should, I guess, be between them and whatever church they're a part of.

I don't agree with you on adoption because I've seen perfectly good and bad examples on both sides, gay and straight. Gay adoption can be tough for the kid at a certain point but it can also bring a lot of good too, just like straight adoption.

Either way I don't think you're a homophobe or a racist, just so that's clear. I will now return to trying to convince myself that SWP is a good player
Gay mariage on 17:28 - May 29 with 1177 viewstimcocking

Gay mariage on 16:27 - May 29 by BklynRanger

Tim, I don't think this is about church weddings, I 'think' it's about gay marriages being allowed the same rights as straight ones.

I basically agree with a lot of what you've said in this last post. The other one about Africans and 'spoilt gay brats' seemed a bit much to me when I read it tbh.

I don't honestly have that strong an opinion on it either, other than a tendency to react against the increasing reactionary tendencies of people to go on about how gay marraige is a risk to the ' traditional family unit' or whatever it is they say these days. If you're saying 'why would gay people be kicking up a fuss about demanding the right to get married in a church?' then I can see where you're coming from as far as religion's concerned. That should, I guess, be between them and whatever church they're a part of.

I don't agree with you on adoption because I've seen perfectly good and bad examples on both sides, gay and straight. Gay adoption can be tough for the kid at a certain point but it can also bring a lot of good too, just like straight adoption.

Either way I don't think you're a homophobe or a racist, just so that's clear. I will now return to trying to convince myself that SWP is a good player

That's funny, i was just sitting here still also trying to convince myself SWP is a good player. It's bloody hard going.

Gay mariage on 17:38 - May 29 with 1169 viewstimcocking

Gay mariage on 16:27 - May 29 by BklynRanger

Crikey, well if that's all it's about, how anybody could object is beyond my field of comprehension.

But sadly, i bet worldwide we'd still be out-voted by a vast majority.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024