Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hooper deal close? 11:03 - Jul 16 with 23962 viewsqprdan

David McIntyre ‏@davidmcintyre76 29m
Looks like #QPR are pretty close with Hooper now.
Collapse
Hooper deal close? on 15:26 - Jul 16 with 3090 viewsexiled_dictator

From our friends at Wikipedia:

'Recently has joined Queens Park Rangers for £5.4 million and will wear the number 88 shirt.'

Can we assign the no 88 shirt without having a no 87 in the squad?

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Hooper deal close? on 15:29 - Jul 16 with 3049 viewsFDC

Hooper deal close? on 15:26 - Jul 16 by exiled_dictator

'Recently has joined Queens Park Rangers for £5.4 million and will wear the number 88 shirt.'

Yeah but, then again, I just changed that to say:

"Recently has joined Queens park rangers for £5.4 million and will not wear a shirt having opted to play 'skins'."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Hooper
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Hooper deal close? on 15:36 - Jul 16 with 2990 viewsRangerJim

Hooper deal close? on 15:29 - Jul 16 by FDC

Yeah but, then again, I just changed that to say:

"Recently has joined Queens park rangers for £5.4 million and will not wear a shirt having opted to play 'skins'."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Hooper
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

LMAO
Hooper deal close? on 15:40 - Jul 16 with 2964 viewsHAYESBOY

I think that was the next available number.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Hooper deal close? on 16:00 - Jul 16 with 2867 viewsPhildo

He clearly has joined my campaign to have the 94 bus returned to its correct designation.
Hooper deal close? on 16:07 - Jul 16 with 2812 viewsWeaverQPR

Phil Beard was left to conduct the negotiations and is pleased to announce the capture of 49 year old goalkeeper Mike Hooper.

@WeavQPR

Hooper deal close? on 16:13 - Jul 16 with 2766 viewsQPR442

Just read on some foreign news article that Lennon reckons Hooper will be joining QPR. (well that's what the translation said).
Lennon due on SSN this hour.
Hooper deal close? on 16:20 - Jul 16 with 2719 viewsQPR442

According to Sky Lennon says its between 2 clubs (Norwich/QPR). We put in £5M and he expects it to be sorted in the next week or two.
QPR sent up a 'high profile delegation' at the weekend to talk to Hooper.
Login to get fewer ads

Hooper deal close? on 16:59 - Jul 16 with 2550 viewskingsburyR

World cup year.

Englands strike force a pile of shite.

Hmmmmmm, I wonder if he will choose the championship over the Prem????

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Hooper deal close? on 17:00 - Jul 16 with 2538 viewsdaveB

Hooper deal close? on 16:59 - Jul 16 by kingsburyR

World cup year.

if it's a straight choice he'll go to Norwich but money talks and if we are offering more than Norwich then he won't have that choice
Hooper deal close? on 17:13 - Jul 16 with 2450 viewsadhoc_qpr

Hooper deal close? on 16:59 - Jul 16 by kingsburyR

World cup year.

Agree, if Norwich are seriously interested he'll join them.

And if we are outbidding Norwich and offering higher wages we haven't learnt a thing...
Hooper deal close? on 17:17 - Jul 16 with 2425 viewsMedwayR

Hooper deal close? on 17:13 - Jul 16 by adhoc_qpr

Agree, if Norwich are seriously interested he'll join them.

And if we are outbidding Norwich and offering higher wages we haven't learnt a thing...

Outbidding other teams (can't remember getting into bidding wars for last summers signings) & offering high wages didn't relegate us, poor player selection did.

Poll: Who’s better?

Hooper deal close? on 17:21 - Jul 16 with 2398 viewsadhoc_qpr

Hooper deal close? on 17:17 - Jul 16 by MedwayR

Outbidding other teams (can't remember getting into bidding wars for last summers signings) & offering high wages didn't relegate us, poor player selection did.

But surely we should be working to some kind of budget and wage cap for players moving forwards?

If Norwich with a lower wage bill, bigger ground and higher income offer a certain wage, we shouldn't be able to top it?

Shipping out players on high salaries is a vital short term move, but not if we just replace them with Hopper £40k a week, Parker £45K a week etc etc
Hooper deal close? on 17:28 - Jul 16 with 2371 viewsMedwayR

Hooper deal close? on 17:21 - Jul 16 by adhoc_qpr

But surely we should be working to some kind of budget and wage cap for players moving forwards?

If Norwich with a lower wage bill, bigger ground and higher income offer a certain wage, we shouldn't be able to top it?

Shipping out players on high salaries is a vital short term move, but not if we just replace them with Hopper £40k a week, Parker £45K a week etc etc

Should but football stopped working like that a long time ago.

Hooper is a decent age so I haven't a big problem with it, similar to Onouha & Simpson who'll also be on decent money but are also part of the long, well medium, term or will get us a decent sell-on price. Players like Parker will be ok for 1 or 2 seasons then need replacing at more cost which is a problem.

Also I don't think we'll sign many more if we get Hooper, maybe a LB, maybe Ben Haim & maybe a striker depending on Remy but we should see the wage bill drop significantly if (big if atm) Cesar, Bosingwa, Barton, Mbia, Diakite, Granero & Taarabt all go.

Poll: Who’s better?

Hooper deal close? on 17:47 - Jul 16 with 2266 viewsHayesender

If we sign Hooper, which I still don't think we will, where does it all fit in with the new financial fair play system?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Hooper deal close? on 17:49 - Jul 16 with 2254 viewsSomersetHoops

The problem is there are only so many strikers with a reasonable pedigree and who are young enough and of those even fewer are for sale. Celtic have accepted Hooper is off. Apart from Norwich being in the Premiership they are also in swede bashing country and London may have enough attraction to swing it to some extent, unless he's a country boy.

The other option is to scour the lower divisions with good scouts who can recognise good young talent without relying on reputation and bring them in for very modest cost. That is how QPR used to do it and it would be good to get back to that. The problem is it takes more than one season to make that work and Harry is trying to do it in one season.

Rolling time back, I remember Warnock saying we came up a season too quickly really and he recognised we weren't ready for the Prem., but was restricted in dealing with that because Briatore and Ecclestone wouldn't let him spend any money and TF and co. came in too late for him to do anything, but panic buy players. Our problems stem from that situation and I would rather we didn't try to do it all in one season again. However, that is the path our owners and manager are set on, so they had better get the deals done quickly, so we are not again left with the dross at the end of the transfer window.

Who's Next?

Hooper deal close? on 17:51 - Jul 16 with 2239 viewsblacky200

Hooper deal close? on 17:47 - Jul 16 by Hayesender

If we sign Hooper, which I still don't think we will, where does it all fit in with the new financial fair play system?

We've got more money than everyone else. Fair play to us
Hooper deal close? on 17:53 - Jul 16 with 2223 viewsRblockPrior

Iv got a feeling (well I am hoping lol) that we will get very lucky with a loan signing this year a youngster from a prem club that has an unreal season with us, get promoted then sign him up perm :D happy days!

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Hooper deal close? on 17:59 - Jul 16 with 2190 viewsblacky200

Hooper deal close? on 17:53 - Jul 16 by RblockPrior

Iv got a feeling (well I am hoping lol) that we will get very lucky with a loan signing this year a youngster from a prem club that has an unreal season with us, get promoted then sign him up perm :D happy days!

Are you one of those ITKs I keep hearing about?
Hooper deal close? on 18:23 - Jul 16 with 2122 viewsDieByYourSide

Dazzer on WATRBs (yes I know) thinks it's a #DONEDEAL. He does seem to have some sort of pedigree in getting these kind of things right.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Hooper deal close? on 18:36 - Jul 16 with 2068 viewsNorthernr

Hooper deal close? on 18:23 - Jul 16 by DieByYourSide

Dazzer on WATRBs (yes I know) thinks it's a #DONEDEAL. He does seem to have some sort of pedigree in getting these kind of things right.

How's Mark Perry?
Hooper deal close? on 18:36 - Jul 16 with 2064 viewsNorthernr

Hooper deal close? on 17:53 - Jul 16 by RblockPrior

No need, we've got one of those already and we've even gone so far as securing him on a permanent deal at an affordable price as well. We're trying to get rid of him though.
Hooper deal close? on 18:41 - Jul 16 with 2041 viewsLewes_r

Hooper deal close? on 18:36 - Jul 16 by Northernr

How's Mark Perry?

An extra on the walking dead aparently

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Hooper deal close? on 19:10 - Jul 16 with 1944 viewsdolcelatte

Hooper deal close? on 17:49 - Jul 16 by SomersetHoops

The problem is there are only so many strikers with a reasonable pedigree and who are young enough and of those even fewer are for sale. Celtic have accepted Hooper is off. Apart from Norwich being in the Premiership they are also in swede bashing country and London may have enough attraction to swing it to some extent, unless he's a country boy.

The other option is to scour the lower divisions with good scouts who can recognise good young talent without relying on reputation and bring them in for very modest cost. That is how QPR used to do it and it would be good to get back to that. The problem is it takes more than one season to make that work and Harry is trying to do it in one season.

Rolling time back, I remember Warnock saying we came up a season too quickly really and he recognised we weren't ready for the Prem., but was restricted in dealing with that because Briatore and Ecclestone wouldn't let him spend any money and TF and co. came in too late for him to do anything, but panic buy players. Our problems stem from that situation and I would rather we didn't try to do it all in one season again. However, that is the path our owners and manager are set on, so they had better get the deals done quickly, so we are not again left with the dross at the end of the transfer window.

He's from Harlow so used to living in sh1teholes - therefore Naaarwich must be favourites..

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Hooper deal close? on 19:46 - Jul 16 with 1859 viewsonlyrinmoray

Hooper deal close? on 19:10 - Jul 16 by dolcelatte

He's from Harlow so used to living in sh1teholes - therefore Naaarwich must be favourites..

Norwich a shitehole!!!...don't think so ..Acton Wembley Harlesden must be leafy suburbs then

If Hooper chooses us at this stage of his career and misses out on the Premiership he must be crazy or British mercenary a la Cisse Cesar etc Still would love him to come to Loftus Rd. Great conversation stopper with local Celtic fans up here
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024