Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roy Keane The Pundit 20:38 - Sep 6 with 8292 viewsToast_R

Is he the best pundit on TV?

I always like hearing what he has to say about stuff. Never does an OTT w@nkathon over players or teams like many Sky pundits do and seems to have snappy decisive opinion on things never sitting on the fence to appease offence.

About the only good thing about ITV's coverage in my opinion.
Roy Keane The Pundit on 21:11 - Sep 6 with 6957 viewsbatmanhoop

always get the impression his fellow pundits are afraid of him, not too sure why there is'nt an all English panel, where is Reid for instance
Roy Keane The Pundit on 22:19 - Sep 6 with 6889 viewsbosh67

I'd like to see him and Joey having a shin kicking contest. I think Joey would win.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Roy Keane The Pundit on 22:24 - Sep 6 with 6877 viewsthemodfather

i dislike him doing any england games ( and townsend) as an eire capt and no links to england and after what he called macarthy!
Roy Keane The Pundit on 23:32 - Sep 6 with 6813 viewstimcocking

Roy Keane The Pundit on 22:19 - Sep 6 by bosh67

I'd like to see him and Joey having a shin kicking contest. I think Joey would win.

No chance; imo Joey just pretends to be tough, whereas Roy Keane is a genuinely hard man.

As far as a pundit, he's (Keano) completely off his head, which makes him interesting at least. Certainly he'll always speak his mind whatever it may be. I reckon he's verging on being certifiable.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2013 23:34]
Roy Keane The Pundit on 23:35 - Sep 6 with 6802 viewsbobby

and pizza face southgate is petrified of the pyscho which adds to the entertainment..

http://twitter.com/#/bobbyosborne1

Roy Keane The Pundit on 23:40 - Sep 6 with 6791 viewstimcocking

Roy Keane The Pundit on 23:35 - Sep 6 by bobby

and pizza face southgate is petrified of the pyscho which adds to the entertainment..

I imagine Southgate would realise Roy Keane holds him in utter contempt and would genuinely like to assault him if he was allowed. And might do regardless. I think it's only a question of time before he loses it live on air.
Roy Keane The Pundit on 23:43 - Sep 6 with 6786 viewsbobby

roy knows gareth is an FA rent boy..

http://twitter.com/#/bobbyosborne1

Roy Keane The Pundit on 23:50 - Sep 6 with 6774 viewsFearless

2008:

The Sunderland manager accused Sky Sports of brainwashing the public as the former Manchester United captain railed against the treatment this week of his Arsenal counterpart, Arsene Wenger.
Such is Keane's disdain for the 'experts' in front of the cameras and behind microphones that he admitted he had resorted to turning off the sound on his television.

"I was asked by ITV to do the Celtic versus Manchester United game but I've done it once for Sky and never again," Keane said. "I'd rather go to the dentist.

"You're sitting there with people like Richard Keys and they're trying to sell something that's not there.

"Anytime I watch a game on television, I have to turn the commentators off. They say 'he's playing well' and I'm thinking 'no, he's not'. My advice to anyone is don't listen to the experts, Just watch the game and gather your own opinions.

Keane, who insisted he would only consider a job in TV "if I fall on hard times"1

"I wouldn't trust them to walk my dog. There are ex-players and ex-referees being given air-time who I wouldn't listen to in a pub. OK, there will be one or two who've done something in the game whose opinion you would take on board, but I'm on about every Tom, Dick and Harry."
Login to get fewer ads

Roy Keane The Pundit on 23:51 - Sep 6 with 6773 viewsBluce_Ree

I hate Roy Keane. He's a f**king c**t and I don't want to hear anything he's got to say. Ever.

C**t.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Roy Keane The Pundit on 00:29 - Sep 7 with 6746 viewsQPRMUSO

The best pundit is Souness by a country mile in my view
Roy Keane The Pundit on 01:11 - Sep 7 with 6719 viewsNorthernr

Roy Keane who, when he believed he was going to be the next greatest manager this country had ever seen, said he'd rather go to the dentist than be a television pundit.

Roy Keane who spent £8m on Anton Ferdinand.

Roy Keane who sold Jordan Rhodes for £200,000 and then a week later spent £1.6m on Tamas Priskin.

Roy Keane who then decided to row back on his TV pundit comments, but do so with ITV where the panel only ever have 35 seconds at a time to speak and therefore can't be picked up on such obvious, blatant, glaring contradictions as the ones mentioned above.

Roy Keane isn't even the best pundit in my flat. Gobby, no-nothing, mouthy, cnt.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Roy Keane The Pundit on 02:10 - Sep 7 with 6691 viewsPommyhoop

Roy Keane The Pundit on 22:24 - Sep 6 by themodfather

i dislike him doing any england games ( and townsend) as an eire capt and no links to england and after what he called macarthy!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Roy Keane The Pundit on 06:56 - Sep 7 with 6615 viewssmegma

Roy Keane The Pundit on 01:11 - Sep 7 by Northernr

Roy Keane who, when he believed he was going to be the next greatest manager this country had ever seen, said he'd rather go to the dentist than be a television pundit.

Roy Keane who sold Jordan Rhodes for £200,000 and then a week later spent £1.6m on Tamas Priskin.

Roy Keane who then decided to row back on his TV pundit comments, but do so with ITV where the panel only ever have 35 seconds at a time to speak and therefore can't be picked up on such obvious, blatant, glaring contradictions as the ones mentioned above.

Roy Keane isn't even the best pundit in my flat. Gobby, no-nothing, mouthy, cnt.

Apart from that you like him then ???
Roy Keane The Pundit on 08:57 - Sep 7 with 6550 viewslondonscottish

The man is an odious humourless tw*t.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Roy Keane The Pundit on 09:55 - Sep 7 with 6506 viewswalshy15a

He walked out on his Country just before a World Cup ended Alf Inge Halands career with a tackle worthy of a Prison sentence ,and was a failure at Sunderland & Ipswich as a manager, next stop whinging, miserable ITV pundit who loves saying "at the end of the day "
Roy Keane The Pundit on 10:14 - Sep 7 with 6484 viewsToast_R

My question was really only about his ability as a pundit not his credentials as a manager and person else I'd have titled the thread

Roy Keane The Ex Man U scum, Bollocks Manager and Edgey C@nt.

Whilst there are many passionate hate filled opinions regarding the latter(all stemming from his part as the epitome of how c@ntish Man U were back in the height of their new found dominance), no one has given me a bad example of his bad punditry.

If it's because he's a terrible manager so what should he know? Then why the f@ck has someone just announced Souness is the best on TV, who was also a complete c@nt on the field?
Roy Keane The Pundit on 12:05 - Sep 7 with 6411 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Keane on Ireland in Euro 2012

“I think the players and even the supporters, they all have to change their mentality, it’s just nonsense from players speaking after the games about how great the supporters are

“Listen, the supporters want to see the team doing a lot better and not giving daft goals away like that. I’m not too happy with all that nonsense. To praise the supporters for sake of it … Let’s change that attitude towards Irish supporters.

“They want to see the team winning — let’s not kid ourselves, we’re a small country, we’re up against it, but let’s not just go along for the sing-song every now and again.”

As long as he attacks mediocrity and lack of ambition, he'll do for me.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Roy Keane The Pundit on 12:22 - Sep 7 with 6394 viewsPetros

Roy Keane The Pundit on 12:05 - Sep 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Keane on Ireland in Euro 2012

“I think the players and even the supporters, they all have to change their mentality, it’s just nonsense from players speaking after the games about how great the supporters are

“Listen, the supporters want to see the team doing a lot better and not giving daft goals away like that. I’m not too happy with all that nonsense. To praise the supporters for sake of it … Let’s change that attitude towards Irish supporters.

“They want to see the team winning — let’s not kid ourselves, we’re a small country, we’re up against it, but let’s not just go along for the sing-song every now and again.”

As long as he attacks mediocrity and lack of ambition, he'll do for me.

He is a contrarian, which is occasionally refreshing and more often irritating. A friend of mine used to be head of comms at Man Utd, responsible for sorting out who would give post match interviews. Keane would never want to do any TV interviews - unless they had lost, in which case he was first out of the blocks. Deffo a few therapy-worthy issues lurking around in there.
Roy Keane The Pundit on 12:39 - Sep 7 with 6377 viewsTacticalR

Air hostess clique

Roy Keane The Pundit on 13:51 - Sep 7 with 6331 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Roy Keane The Pundit on 23:51 - Sep 6 by Bluce_Ree

I hate Roy Keane. He's a f**king c**t and I don't want to hear anything he's got to say. Ever.

C**t.

Couldn't have put it better myself
Roy Keane The Pundit on 14:17 - Sep 7 with 6315 viewsnewgolddream

Some frightening stats there alright. Still, he is a decent pundit and TG that Alan Hansen is retiring
Roy Keane The Pundit on 15:07 - Sep 7 with 6281 viewsessextaxiboy

I think Gary Neville is the best pundit by a mile .

His use of the the Sky graphics to illustrate his point make Andy Gray look like me on a play station
Roy Keane The Pundit on 16:44 - Sep 7 with 6226 viewsToast_R

Roy Keane The Pundit on 15:07 - Sep 7 by essextaxiboy

I think Gary Neville is the best pundit by a mile .

His use of the the Sky graphics to illustrate his point make Andy Gray look like me on a play station

The goalgasm put me off
Roy Keane The Pundit on 17:35 - Sep 7 with 6203 viewsJonDoeman

Roy Keane The Pundit on 23:51 - Sep 6 by Bluce_Ree

C**t.

After, having read his book I concur.

Nasty piece of work, & an awful manager, imagine how Ipswich fans feel after every new Rhodes goal, then turn the telly on to hear Keano's 'expert' opinion on footballers.

I've never understood that West Brom fan Ray Mears look alike being employed either, to be avoided!!!

It Is What It Is !!

Roy Keane The Pundit on 18:42 - Sep 7 with 6173 viewsPinnerPaul

I thought you said, when that England game was rained off, that the discussion he and Southgate had, when they had to fill the air time was the best discussion between pundits you had seen???????
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024