Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Hitchcock 18:20 - Dec 29 with 5399 viewsqprichard

Scored again-winner for Crew at Colchester

Meanwhile Hogan was sent off.
Tom Hitchcock on 19:14 - Dec 29 with 4219 viewseghamranger

When does his loan end?
Tom Hitchcock on 20:16 - Dec 29 with 4144 viewsGloryHunter

Dunno. But it looks as though his QPR contract runs out on 3rd March:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Hitchcock
Tom Hitchcock on 21:16 - Dec 29 with 4077 viewsderbyhoop

Tom Hitchcock on 19:14 - Dec 29 by eghamranger

When does his loan end?

January 7th. Expect us to agree to an extension????

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Tom Hitchcock on 21:32 - Dec 29 with 4045 viewseghamranger

I saw him score the goal v Ipswich and obviously has an eye for goal.
I don't think he will solely get goals for us and looks lightweight and is inexperienced, but I hope he comes back on 7th of jan to be given a chance.
Tom Hitchcock on 22:39 - Dec 29 with 3946 viewsNeil_SI

I really want to see a culture where young players are given the right opportunity at the right time at Rangers, but I'm not sure if this is one of them just yet. There's a lot of clamour building because he scored a winner earlier in the season for us, and now has a few goals for Crewe.

But he's probably best served there and playing football. It's a big ask for him to come into this team, and a lot of pressure put on his shoulders, for a side that's struggling to score. This is easily one that can regress development rather than progress it.

That, and the fact that some would say that he isn't needed to start, but be on the bench, but then, how little football would he actually get in that scenario? Would that really serve his development better than where he is now on loan at Crewe?

I think if he's doing well there, he should stay there, till the end of the season.
Tom Hitchcock on 22:46 - Dec 29 with 3936 viewsNorthernr

Tom Hitchcock on 22:39 - Dec 29 by Neil_SI

I really want to see a culture where young players are given the right opportunity at the right time at Rangers, but I'm not sure if this is one of them just yet. There's a lot of clamour building because he scored a winner earlier in the season for us, and now has a few goals for Crewe.

But he's probably best served there and playing football. It's a big ask for him to come into this team, and a lot of pressure put on his shoulders, for a side that's struggling to score. This is easily one that can regress development rather than progress it.

That, and the fact that some would say that he isn't needed to start, but be on the bench, but then, how little football would he actually get in that scenario? Would that really serve his development better than where he is now on loan at Crewe?

I think if he's doing well there, he should stay there, till the end of the season.

Meanwhile we keep paying £26 a ticket to watch a team with no strikers in it. No thanks, fetch him back.
Tom Hitchcock on 22:54 - Dec 29 with 3908 viewsSpiritofGregory

Tom Hitchcock on 22:39 - Dec 29 by Neil_SI

If you're good enough you are old enough. Besides he is 21 he is not a kid.Harry should not have sent him on loan he should be playing for us.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2013 22:57]
Tom Hitchcock on 23:56 - Dec 29 with 3844 viewsSomersetHoops

Hitchcock can't possibly be worse than Zamora. Problem is Hitchcock has no reputation and has cost us nothing so isn't Harry's sort of triffic player. Sending him away when we have no other striking options is nothing short of bad management. On the other hand we hear rumors that AJ was fit to play, but Harry chose not to use him - if that is true it can only mean he sent the team out not to win to blackmail the board into buying players.

Who's Next?

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Hitchcock on 00:03 - Dec 30 with 3832 viewsFearless

So, a week after we release a striker, Chevanton, Harry decides playing with forwards is not required.

Genius
Tom Hitchcock on 00:10 - Dec 30 with 3808 viewsHollowayRanger

he was good enough to come on and score the winner v ispwich and gain us an extra 2 points

might have gained us a few more if given the chance!

could understand if we had a few strikers sorry FIT strikers!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Tom Hitchcock on 02:23 - Dec 30 with 3740 viewsTW_R

Tom Hitchcock on 21:32 - Dec 29 by eghamranger

I saw him score the goal v Ipswich and obviously has an eye for goal.
I don't think he will solely get goals for us and looks lightweight and is inexperienced, but I hope he comes back on 7th of jan to be given a chance.

Well if you count standing a yard from goal and putting the ball into an empty net having "an eye for goal" then I can't wait for my call up.

I agree with Neil. The expectation would be way too high on him coming back into the team and playing well. I can imagine him having a couple of poor games, some of the fans getting on his back and him losing all the confidence he's building at Crewe.
Tom Hitchcock on 08:38 - Dec 30 with 3638 viewsozranger

Tom Hitchcock on 02:23 - Dec 30 by TW_R

Well if you count standing a yard from goal and putting the ball into an empty net having "an eye for goal" then I can't wait for my call up.

I agree with Neil. The expectation would be way too high on him coming back into the team and playing well. I can imagine him having a couple of poor games, some of the fans getting on his back and him losing all the confidence he's building at Crewe.

I disagree with both of you. And this comes back to HR and his choice of three forwards, two of whom were never going to be fit. That is suicide and something we had had to put up with for a few seasons now. Surely no one could see Charlie, as a one man band, not getting injured, especially with his history. To believe that AJ and BZ are the backups is really a joke, and I think nearly everyone agrees. Thus, there is an extreme need to have a 'real' forward, or at least an emerging one. Hitchcock is just that person, or possibly was Chevanton. We have just had two games where either could have played and showed themselves, but that could not have happened. If either played well then we have just solved the problem, but no, our manager has other plans. Sorry, I am just a little P O'd by what I see as these stupid decisions, and decisions that no one is accountable for.
Tom Hitchcock on 09:38 - Dec 30 with 3560 viewsdaveB

It was the right thing to send him on loan, he's done well and I agree with Neil I'd extend it.

I got the tube back from Euston with two Crewe fans from Swansea last night and they were raving about Hitchcock, they said he is a good poacher but did say they thought he might struggle in the championship as his all round game is limited
Tom Hitchcock on 09:50 - Dec 30 with 3533 viewsLblock

His loan will be extended

I mean, imagine if he came back and started scoring goals before the transfer window closed? That would balls up the plan wouldn't it?!?!?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Tom Hitchcock on 09:53 - Dec 30 with 3525 viewsspencer

Ok - he went out on loan, i could see the sense in that.Has scored a couple of goals...We have no recognisable strikers( fit)

TF has now just said not to expect glut of signings this transfer market..again..see the sense in that, maybe good bit of PR so not to alert other clubs we are in fact desperate for a striker.

Zamora and even Johnson are not the solution ,if fit then ok to warm the bench.
IMO - we bring back Hitchcock and Petrasso and use them now, bit in the meantime - we need to use this window to try and get one striker min to assist Charlie upfront.No wonder he has pulled a hammy.
Tom Hitchcock on 09:54 - Dec 30 with 3520 viewssimmo

Any other club with a 'crisis' in a certain position would be forced to play a 3rd/4th choice option, even if that means dipping into the youth. The fact that every time I have seen a youth player get some minutes (even if its little more than just a cameo) they have tried to seize their opportunity and play pretty well makes it all the more frustrating.

Redknapp has a lot of plus points but we know he is purely about short term and it doesnt benefit him to mix the current squad with a few half decent kids. We are in the right league to slowly start to include people like Harriman, Ehmer, Sutherland (when he was fit) Hitchcock. If we don't give them a chance to be in and around our 18 now then they will never get it.

I mean why the FCK would we sign a dog shit player like Karl fckin Henry over just giving an opportunity to Sutherland or Doughty or Lauren? He is usually only a bench player anyway so what is the harm on giving players like that an opportunity, the absolute worst you will get out of them is 100% commitment to want to do well. Instean we spend actual money on Henry and at the same time send the message that you won't get your opportunity at QPR if you're a young player, not when we can go out and loan a 33 year old former Premier League player any time we want.

I am not saying Hitchcock is the answer necessarily, or that expecting these young players to be everythign the current lot are not is correct, but how will we ever know what they can do for us if we don't give them the chance to show us? Hitchcock should have been with us yesterday and should be part of the 3 available strikers we have, Zamora needs to be turnt into glue.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Tom Hitchcock on 09:56 - Dec 30 with 3517 viewsessextaxiboy

Tom Hitchcock on 08:38 - Dec 30 by ozranger

I disagree with both of you. And this comes back to HR and his choice of three forwards, two of whom were never going to be fit. That is suicide and something we had had to put up with for a few seasons now. Surely no one could see Charlie, as a one man band, not getting injured, especially with his history. To believe that AJ and BZ are the backups is really a joke, and I think nearly everyone agrees. Thus, there is an extreme need to have a 'real' forward, or at least an emerging one. Hitchcock is just that person, or possibly was Chevanton. We have just had two games where either could have played and showed themselves, but that could not have happened. If either played well then we have just solved the problem, but no, our manager has other plans. Sorry, I am just a little P O'd by what I see as these stupid decisions, and decisions that no one is accountable for.

Harry Redknapp , Tony Fernandes and Phil Beard are accountable for the decisions ... but at the end of the season . Not in Decenber
Tom Hitchcock on 09:59 - Dec 30 with 3503 viewsQPunkR

Very well put Simmo. I'd add to that Redknapp should have given more game time to Chevanton. He looked good that one game I saw him come on at the end, at least wanting to have a shot. If he'd played more than bloody 10 minutes for us then he may have wanted to stay

QPR - "shit but local"

Tom Hitchcock on 10:00 - Dec 30 with 3503 viewsspencer

Tom Hitchcock on 09:54 - Dec 30 by simmo

Any other club with a 'crisis' in a certain position would be forced to play a 3rd/4th choice option, even if that means dipping into the youth. The fact that every time I have seen a youth player get some minutes (even if its little more than just a cameo) they have tried to seize their opportunity and play pretty well makes it all the more frustrating.

Redknapp has a lot of plus points but we know he is purely about short term and it doesnt benefit him to mix the current squad with a few half decent kids. We are in the right league to slowly start to include people like Harriman, Ehmer, Sutherland (when he was fit) Hitchcock. If we don't give them a chance to be in and around our 18 now then they will never get it.

I mean why the FCK would we sign a dog shit player like Karl fckin Henry over just giving an opportunity to Sutherland or Doughty or Lauren? He is usually only a bench player anyway so what is the harm on giving players like that an opportunity, the absolute worst you will get out of them is 100% commitment to want to do well. Instean we spend actual money on Henry and at the same time send the message that you won't get your opportunity at QPR if you're a young player, not when we can go out and loan a 33 year old former Premier League player any time we want.

I am not saying Hitchcock is the answer necessarily, or that expecting these young players to be everythign the current lot are not is correct, but how will we ever know what they can do for us if we don't give them the chance to show us? Hitchcock should have been with us yesterday and should be part of the 3 available strikers we have, Zamora needs to be turnt into glue.

Yes to this.Have seen other clubs use youngsters, yet we seem to not want to do this option.

Not saying that youngsters are the solution , but having seen Zamora trotting around recently( well one game) I'm pretty sure young Tom could do a better job...Plus as said above the likes of Ehmer Petrasso could be blooded...They cannot do that much worse could they ?
Tom Hitchcock on 10:05 - Dec 30 with 3481 viewsSomersetHoops

Listening to some comments on here would leave people to believe Hitchcock is 13 years old, but how old is he? How old is Sterling? How old are Zamora, AJ and Carlton Cole? The answer to our problems may lie somewhere within the answers to those questions. While I'm about it why are we not including Max Ehmer in our squad.

If we are ever to be a QPR team in the Prem. we need to bring these youngsters in to ensure they are ready when the time comes. They are not babies and maximum fitness occurs about the age of 21. They just need a management that believes in them enough to allow them to gain experience and has capable coaching techniques to enable them to learn and become part of the team. Its obvious if we continue with the band of old crocks we have in many positions at the moment we will need to bring in an almost completely new team in the summer, with the same result that happened last time we tried that. Is Harry too old and frightened of failure to use the resources he has or has he just become addicted to buying players. As for the Chevaton fiasco that is just another example of bad management when we play without a single striker at the same time as he leaves the club after playing promisingly for about ten minutes.

Who's Next?

Tom Hitchcock on 10:07 - Dec 30 with 3478 viewsdaveB

always the same at QPR though we want kids to get a chance but when they do like Stefan Bailey, Bean, Donnelly and others over the years we slaughter them and want new signings instead
Tom Hitchcock on 10:32 - Dec 30 with 3403 viewsSpiritofGregory

Tom Hitchcock on 02:23 - Dec 30 by TW_R

At least he was there, he anticipated the situation.
Tom Hitchcock on 10:32 - Dec 30 with 3395 viewsNeil_SI

I am not saying that Hitchcock's age is a problem, I am saying that his development as a player is best served where he is right now - playing and scoring goals. That regular competitive first-team football, at a suitable level for him, is what he needs. Not in our reserves or on the bench most games, and it's debatable whether he really is good enough for this level, and obviously the management do not think that is the case as otherwise he would be here. It's that simple.

People see Hitchcock as a possible solution, but, if you look at this another way and left him where he is, what's stopping us from putting Petter Skapetis on the bench, or Mo Shariff? There are still young players here who could be given 15-20 minutes if we really wanted to. That is a more readily available option for the club, but again, whether it is going to solve anything or not is open for debate.

It's hard to put inexperienced (better word than young) players into a situation like ours. If we were a bit more free flowing and played the ball into the right areas more, and made more opportunities in front of goal, then maybe. But we don't. We play in a manner that needs a certain type of striker and finisher to do the business, or a certain type of striker to take the approach play in the final third to the next level, and I don't see the inexperienced players being able to offer that just yet.

Having said that, 10-20 minute bursts for young players is acceptable, to help develop them, especially with a team that has the experience we do. They can be carried, but whether they should be relied on for match winning goals is another thing altogether in terms of pressure and expectation.

Usually though a club doesn't operate with those kind of bursts unless they're sure of their position and that their goals and aims are being met. If we were happy with mid-table to play-offs, they might be more open and willing to take that risk, but going for automatic promotion, it's unlikely you'll see it unless the team are miles in front at the top. The pressure will only increase week to week as well, and there also lies a problem for when it comes to developing the inexperienced.
Tom Hitchcock on 10:59 - Dec 30 with 3358 viewssmegma

Anyone seen his goal yesterday ?? He scored with a header when he was found from a corner into a crowded box. Something we cannot do .Find a player with a corner or cross.
Tom Hitchcock on 11:08 - Dec 30 with 3332 viewsLoft1979

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-striker-set-
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024