Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neil Lennon 14:38 - Apr 7 with 1969 views08olesen

16/1 to be our next manager. Same odds as Ferdinand and Di Mattao. Only being topped by
Mackay Laudrup and Zola.

I would take him, he would surly shake up some of the mercenaries in our club and is young enough to be a long term option.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Neil Lennon on 14:46 - Apr 7 with 1660 viewsToast_R

On the field domestic wise, he's hardly had much of a challenge has he, I know they say you can only beat what's infront of you but still....
Neil Lennon on 14:48 - Apr 7 with 1649 viewspaulparker

you know what, as much as I hate the little scrote I think he could do a decent job for us
he has an eye for a player wanyama, Ki, Hooper, Forster,
buys cheap & sells for a profit
he doesn't take c rap and may see us as a step up to prove himself

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Neil Lennon on 14:51 - Apr 7 with 1640 views08olesen

Neil Lennon on 14:46 - Apr 7 by Toast_R

On the field domestic wise, he's hardly had much of a challenge has he, I know they say you can only beat what's infront of you but still....

Fair but you could argue that neither has Malkey or Di Mattao. One spent a lot of time in the championship (which is just as bad as the SPL) and Di mattao had an amazing squad at chelsea and failed at West Brom.

Zola is even worse, and the only other options who have done well are Clarke or Laudrup.

Neil Lennon on 14:57 - Apr 7 with 1610 viewsdaveB

Lennon will get a Championship job next season and be sacked by March imo, hugely over rated manager who has only started winning things since Rangers disappeared
Neil Lennon on 15:14 - Apr 7 with 1566 views00calben

Neil Lennon can fk right off.

Odious little toad.

He's had a very poor season anyway. To win only one trophy (given the lack of competition) and finish bottom of Champs Lg group = sh*t season.
Neil Lennon on 15:17 - Apr 7 with 1554 viewsadhoc_qpr

Can't stand the bloke, but then again i've grown to despise Arry so it wouldn't be much difference!

Winning a ranger-less SPL with Celtic doesn't fill me with confidence of his managerial prowess either.
Neil Lennon on 15:20 - Apr 7 with 1538 viewsqprnw10

That arrogant, obnoxious little prick can f*** right off!
Neil Lennon on 15:21 - Apr 7 with 1533 viewspaulparker

if we are talking SPL Managers how about Jackie McNamara
playing some good football on a very tight budget who likes to bring in the youngsters
would be hungry to prove himself ala mackay/Clarke, he wouldn't cost a lot and given time could do a good job

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Neil Lennon on 16:03 - Apr 7 with 1484 viewsPeterHucker

I'd be happier with getting Gareth Ainsworth or Shaun Derry in as manager with Joe Gallen as coach. You may laugh but anybody who's ever seen Ainsworth or Derry play or be interviewed will know that they are both great characters, good professionals who lead by example, give 110% in every game and they love our club.
You may say "but they're not very experienced, they've only managed in the lower leagues" but the same could be said of both Alec Stock, Gerry Francis & Ian Holloway before they managed us and they all did alright didn't they.
Experience is vastly over-rated as is shown by our very experienced (but crap) playing squad. e.g. BennyUseless, Zamora, Krancjar, Park Ji Sung etc.
Joe Gallen's had all his coaching badges for years and has done pretty well wherever he's been even though he's always worked at clubs with no money.
Get a proper chief scout in as well, we haven't had anyone decent since Mel Johnson and his career has gone up and up since he left us (now at Liverpool).
If I was Fernandes at the end of the season, I would get on the phone to Mel Johnson and ask him to recommend someone to head up our UK scouting operation. I'd get David Bardsley on the payroll to scout good young players across the pond. Bardsley is another person who loves our club and if you don't know about what he's up to these days listen to the Open All Rs podcast interview he did a couple of years ago.
Neil Lennon on 16:07 - Apr 7 with 1469 viewsJuzzie

Any one of us could win the SPL as Celtic's manager (do they even need a manager, a cardboard cut-out would still do the trick) until Rangers get back in. As said, to 'only' win one trophy this year is piss poor for them.

We know the SPL is Championship standard at very best.

Oh, and he's an odious prik too.
Neil Lennon on 16:08 - Apr 7 with 1465 viewsWeaverQPR

Neil Lennon on 16:03 - Apr 7 by PeterHucker

I'd be happier with getting Gareth Ainsworth or Shaun Derry in as manager with Joe Gallen as coach. You may laugh but anybody who's ever seen Ainsworth or Derry play or be interviewed will know that they are both great characters, good professionals who lead by example, give 110% in every game and they love our club.
You may say "but they're not very experienced, they've only managed in the lower leagues" but the same could be said of both Alec Stock, Gerry Francis & Ian Holloway before they managed us and they all did alright didn't they.
Experience is vastly over-rated as is shown by our very experienced (but crap) playing squad. e.g. BennyUseless, Zamora, Krancjar, Park Ji Sung etc.
Joe Gallen's had all his coaching badges for years and has done pretty well wherever he's been even though he's always worked at clubs with no money.
Get a proper chief scout in as well, we haven't had anyone decent since Mel Johnson and his career has gone up and up since he left us (now at Liverpool).
If I was Fernandes at the end of the season, I would get on the phone to Mel Johnson and ask him to recommend someone to head up our UK scouting operation. I'd get David Bardsley on the payroll to scout good young players across the pond. Bardsley is another person who loves our club and if you don't know about what he's up to these days listen to the Open All Rs podcast interview he did a couple of years ago.

If Ainsworth is the best we can attract then we are in big trouble.

@WeavQPR

Neil Lennon on 16:09 - Apr 7 with 1465 viewsToast_R

I understand the sentiment but I doubt TF and his backers would go down that route. Not Hollywood enough and no one in Asia knows who they are.

When the time comes, expect another big name ex Premiership has been looking for a highly paid gig for little effort. Someone like Sven actually or David Moyes...
[Post edited 7 Apr 2014 16:12]
Neil Lennon on 16:14 - Apr 7 with 1451 viewspaulparker

been saying for a while we need to adopt this type of policy at the club
Ala Ajax, Bilbao, Bayern & to an extent Swansea and that is to employ within
use the same systems from under 11s to the first team, coach our kids to play different roles as to when they come in they can play anywhere in the team
make the 10 shirt "the " shirt to wear and aspire to
if TF is serious about a global brand then why not try this
get the scouting in place home & abroad, buy cheap sell for more
get the Gallens coaching our kids, get Bardsley & Furlong working with the under21s
with a view to getting the top job
make Gerry DOF get him to oversee all the coaching get maybe EL tel to take some coaching sessions now & again
get Ainsworth in with Gi Gi again,
I know it wont happen but wouldn't it be good if were to stand out from the rest and try this approach

Neil Lennon on 16:15 - Apr 7 with 1443 viewsBluce_Ree

Neil Lennon managing us?

I'd rather drink from a kangaroo's cock.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Neil Lennon on 16:17 - Apr 7 with 1433 viewsQPR1882

Neil Lennon on 14:51 - Apr 7 by 08olesen

Fair but you could argue that neither has Malkey or Di Mattao. One spent a lot of time in the championship (which is just as bad as the SPL) and Di mattao had an amazing squad at chelsea and failed at West Brom.

Zola is even worse, and the only other options who have done well are Clarke or Laudrup.

Is that the same Malkay that took Cardiff to a League cup final only losing on Penaltys to Liverpool and then got them promoted out of the Championship into the Premier ? Or the same Di Mattao that outwitted Barca over 2 legs and beat Bayern in their own backyard to win the Champions League , won the FA cup and got WBA promoted ?

NL seems to do ok in Europe when Celtic get there so maybe he should be judged on that not on winning the Mickey Mouse league . Upon saying that I don't think he is the man for us.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2014 16:21]
Neil Lennon on 16:37 - Apr 7 with 1360 viewsNathanNI

I'd rather eat my own shit than have that little rat cvnt anywhere near our club.
Neil Lennon on 16:48 - Apr 7 with 1325 views08olesen

Neil Lennon on 16:14 - Apr 7 by paulparker

been saying for a while we need to adopt this type of policy at the club
Ala Ajax, Bilbao, Bayern & to an extent Swansea and that is to employ within
use the same systems from under 11s to the first team, coach our kids to play different roles as to when they come in they can play anywhere in the team
make the 10 shirt "the " shirt to wear and aspire to
if TF is serious about a global brand then why not try this
get the scouting in place home & abroad, buy cheap sell for more
get the Gallens coaching our kids, get Bardsley & Furlong working with the under21s
with a view to getting the top job
make Gerry DOF get him to oversee all the coaching get maybe EL tel to take some coaching sessions now & again
get Ainsworth in with Gi Gi again,
I know it wont happen but wouldn't it be good if were to stand out from the rest and try this approach

Think this is exactly how we should look to improve. However i think we need someone with premiership experience as the manager. You only need to look at Bruce at Hull and Pulis at Palace to see that some premier league history can help poor squads.

I really don't think there is an obvious choice and therefore whoever we pick there will be opposition from some Rangers fans.

Neil Lennon on 16:49 - Apr 7 with 1323 viewsBrianMcCarthy

He's a popular lad, isn't he?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Neil Lennon on 17:01 - Apr 7 with 1295 viewswillis1980

id consider boycotting Rangers if this happened, I cannot stand him. never have and never will like him. Complete cardboard cut out ....
Neil Lennon on 17:42 - Apr 7 with 1214 viewsstansleftfoot

I'd be hard pushed to own up to supporting QPR with Lennon in the hot seat, I wouldn't mind Fernandes doing a Docherty on him and giving him a job and sacking him for being a racist, bigoted, thick, arrogant, prxck a week later!
Neil Lennon on 19:07 - Apr 7 with 1098 viewskomradkirk

I don't like Lennnon either
Neil Lennon on 19:55 - Apr 7 with 1030 viewsMonahoop

Neil Lennon on 16:07 - Apr 7 by Juzzie

Any one of us could win the SPL as Celtic's manager (do they even need a manager, a cardboard cut-out would still do the trick) until Rangers get back in. As said, to 'only' win one trophy this year is piss poor for them.

We know the SPL is Championship standard at very best.

Oh, and he's an odious prik too.

'Any one of us could win the SPL as Celtic's manager'. Well yes, probably, unless your name happens to be John Barnes. He made a right fist of things there, but never mind.

Probably go to Norwich who have tracked him in the past.

Don't like Lennon [ that's both John and Neil] by the way.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Neil Lennon on 20:00 - Apr 7 with 1015 viewsCHUBBS

Scottish managers hey, Derek McInnes is looking like Brian Clough now back in Scotland yet could barely win a game as Bristol City manager.
I think the ignorant prick would fail miserably down here.
I hope he's manager of Norwich next season.
Neil Lennon on 23:29 - Apr 7 with 825 viewsBklynRanger

Don't worry, Lennon wouldn't have any interest in managing us. He'd see it as a massive step down even if we got promoted.
Neil Lennon on 00:12 - Apr 8 with 782 viewsJuzzie

Neil Lennon on 19:55 - Apr 7 by Monahoop

'Any one of us could win the SPL as Celtic's manager'. Well yes, probably, unless your name happens to be John Barnes. He made a right fist of things there, but never mind.

Probably go to Norwich who have tracked him in the past.

Don't like Lennon [ that's both John and Neil] by the way.

Even Barnes could win the SPL without Glasgow Rangers in it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024