Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, WTF was Young doing at CB? 08:32 - Apr 9 with 2077 viewsGloucs_R

????

Poll: Are we staying up?

So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 08:44 - Apr 9 with 1809 viewsToast_R

He was probably wondering the same thing but the reason behind it was that his name was pulled out of Harry's not so magic hat when he was scribbling down something that resembled a team sheet.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2014 8:45]
So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 09:00 - Apr 9 with 1748 viewstoboboly

Not much by the sounds of it.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 09:31 - Apr 9 with 1694 viewsderbyhoop

The only justification (hear me out, folks) is that he has played quite a few games for the EDS - sometimes at CB.
I assumed Hill was out due to injury. Young will be gone in the Summer so why didn't he give Donaldson a run out. He'd been playing regularly in Scottish League 1 which isn't a great standard. But he is going to be with us for a few years.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 10:01 - Apr 9 with 1638 viewsStanisgod

According to my Spuds source he filled in there a few times for them.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 10:13 - Apr 9 with 1599 viewsPunteR

I thought he was a good signing for us and played well. He gets an injury and disappeared for 2 years only to reappear as a cb. Bit weird. I didn't see the game,how did he play?
Seems a shame that he had a long term injury but its good that he's playing again. Maybe he's shown a really good attitude in training and behind the scenes that he deserved a call up.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 10:20 - Apr 9 with 1583 viewsAntti_Heinola

Young can play CB, he's just a bit short for it. Still, would rather have seen Donaldson, although I can also understand why throwing Donaldson in against Rhodes might be a bad idea!

Bare bones.

So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 10:26 - Apr 9 with 1567 viewspeejaybee

So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 10:20 - Apr 9 by Antti_Heinola

Young can play CB, he's just a bit short for it. Still, would rather have seen Donaldson, although I can also understand why throwing Donaldson in against Rhodes might be a bad idea!

If you are good enough you are old enough.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 10:27 - Apr 9 with 1562 viewsElHoop

If we were going to experiment, why not try Henry at CB? That would have made more sense to me.
Login to get fewer ads

So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 11:15 - Apr 9 with 1489 viewsTonto

I would have preferred Donaldson was given a run out. isnt he meant to be out fture

We have to get younger (scuse pun)

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 11:17 - Apr 9 with 1480 viewsTacticalR

So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 10:26 - Apr 9 by peejaybee

At QPR if you are old enough you are good enough.

Air hostess clique

So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 11:20 - Apr 9 with 1466 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Does anyone know how he played?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 11:55 - Apr 9 with 1404 viewsPunteR

So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 11:20 - Apr 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Does anyone know how he played?

Looks like that's a no then..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 12:00 - Apr 9 with 1385 viewsAntti_Heinola

So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 10:26 - Apr 9 by peejaybee

Oh completely agree! That's not really what I meant. What I meant was that I can see the reasoning why you wouldn't give him his debut away on a Tuesday night against arguably the best striker in the division - if that striker rips him a new one, then it could take a long time for a youngster to recover from that. Not saying I agree, I've never even see Donaldson play, but I can see the *reason* for not doing it.

Bare bones.

So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 12:02 - Apr 9 with 1373 viewsTacticalR

Listening to the Radio London commentary it sounded like Dunne was covering a lot of bases. I don't recall Young being mentioned that much.

enfieldargh gave Young 5/10:
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/108783/just-back

Air hostess clique

So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 12:18 - Apr 9 with 1319 viewsstansleftfoot

So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 12:02 - Apr 9 by TacticalR

Listening to the Radio London commentary it sounded like Dunne was covering a lot of bases. I don't recall Young being mentioned that much.

enfieldargh gave Young 5/10:
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/108783/just-back

If there's anything we have done relatively well is kept shots down from outside the box, Young and Dunne dropped too deep and the first goal is a failure to close the 'shootist' down by both Dunne and Young.
The second is Green slightly blinded and then some bad hands...
This is just Harry trying to get his best side fit to get a couple of wins and a side for the Play-Offs.
I'd be interested to see how often we've kept an unchanged side from Christmas...not ever I suspect!
So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 13:00 - Apr 9 with 1198 viewsgjc104

Young did OK at CB. Its a worry that a RB playing CB having not played for 2 years and has injuries was NOT our worst player on the night!

Mind you, I am hard pushed to decide on who was!!

No one deserved more than 5/10 last night...terrible!
So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 13:18 - Apr 9 with 1149 viewsBrianMcCarthy

So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 13:00 - Apr 9 by gjc104

Young did OK at CB. Its a worry that a RB playing CB having not played for 2 years and has injuries was NOT our worst player on the night!

Mind you, I am hard pushed to decide on who was!!

No one deserved more than 5/10 last night...terrible!

Thanks for that. Appreciated.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 13:22 - Apr 9 with 1116 viewsSpiritofGregory

So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 12:00 - Apr 9 by Antti_Heinola

Oh completely agree! That's not really what I meant. What I meant was that I can see the reasoning why you wouldn't give him his debut away on a Tuesday night against arguably the best striker in the division - if that striker rips him a new one, then it could take a long time for a youngster to recover from that. Not saying I agree, I've never even see Donaldson play, but I can see the *reason* for not doing it.

So it's better to play an old codger who hasn't kicked a ball in two years?

We need to stop wrapping players up in cotton wool. I want players with character. Southampton have a 17 year old that is facing premiership strikers week in, week out.
So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 13:42 - Apr 9 with 1078 viewsTacticalR

Cold showers are known to build character.

Air hostess clique

So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 14:08 - Apr 9 with 1029 viewsAntti_Heinola

So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 13:22 - Apr 9 by SpiritofGregory

So it's better to play an old codger who hasn't kicked a ball in two years?

We need to stop wrapping players up in cotton wool. I want players with character. Southampton have a 17 year old that is facing premiership strikers week in, week out.

Gregory, sorry to be be patronising and possibly offensive.
READ WHAT I WROTE YOU TWIT.
Sorry, but sometimes I think playground insults may be the only way to get through to you. Here it is spelled out, anyway.

I DID NOT AGREE WITH IT I WAS SAYING I COULD UNDERSTAND THE REASONING, EVEN IF I BELIEVE THE REASONING TO BE FLAWED/WRONG. IT'S CALLED REASONED THINKING!

Bare bones.

So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 16:21 - Apr 9 with 949 viewsRangersAreBack

So we're quite happy to provide a platform for the likes of Keane and Carroll to hone their skills but too afraid to give our own players (Petrasso, Donaldson, Hitchcock) the same opportunity?

These kids want to play against the best to learn. There is enough experience in the team to guide them through the game. Dunne could have been a decent mentor for Donaldson yesterday.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2014 21:12]
So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 16:26 - Apr 9 with 941 viewsthemodfather

well we now show that young is able to play and so COME AND SIGN HIM...that's why he was in and to rest another

we experiment with say carroll when many wanted to see more of hitchcock
based on qpr's plan, if carroll ever scored we'd send him back!!
grrrrrrrrr
So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 16:30 - Apr 9 with 932 viewsJamie

So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 16:26 - Apr 9 by themodfather

well we now show that young is able to play and so COME AND SIGN HIM...that's why he was in and to rest another

we experiment with say carroll when many wanted to see more of hitchcock
based on qpr's plan, if carroll ever scored we'd send him back!!
grrrrrrrrr

He's out of contract this summer so I doubt it was to get anyone to sign him.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2014 16:30]
So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 17:19 - Apr 9 with 889 viewsA40Bosh

So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 14:08 - Apr 9 by Antti_Heinola

Gregory, sorry to be be patronising and possibly offensive.
READ WHAT I WROTE YOU TWIT.
Sorry, but sometimes I think playground insults may be the only way to get through to you. Here it is spelled out, anyway.

I DID NOT AGREE WITH IT I WAS SAYING I COULD UNDERSTAND THE REASONING, EVEN IF I BELIEVE THE REASONING TO BE FLAWED/WRONG. IT'S CALLED REASONED THINKING!

LIke Antti has done, so will I try and at least understand the logic in what Arry was attempting to do last night - its not to say what he did was the right thing, but if you don't try and at least understand the reasons for doing what he did, then you are left in the position that you can only assume that a former Premier League manager has lost the plot mentally this season/half season, or he has in fact finally been found out for not actually being all that good outside of a Spuds squad that was assembled for him.

1. He has accepted that we will only finish in the play offs and therefore needs to rest and protect those key players who he will need over potentially 3 very hard games at the end of a hard season, culminating in a day out at Wembley. Therefore he has to pick his battles and will look to concentrate on getting points from home games and last night was the latest example of trying to do that but putting mitigated the risk by trying to use experience in the team, regardless of levels of fitness, age or game time and use that experience over youth at the back. Hence you get Young playing at CB.

2. He wants to try and keep the pressure on Burnley, but he really had not the quality centre backs he could use effectively. We therefore have to assume that Ned and Clint have actually broken down through injury or were at risk of breaking down any time soon. Hence you have Luke Young in there who has been there and done it regardless of not getting near the first team. The fact that Dunne started ahead of Hill when from my viewing of the Bournemouth stream he was certainly more in need of a rest, must show that Hill was crocked.

What Arry might mumble and grumble about is probably covering up for the fact that he is actually being constantly reminded by Beard and the Board that QPR HAVE to get out of the Champoinship at the first attempt otherwise a lot more money will be spent in legal bills fighting the FFP fine of £60m imposed on us if we stay in the League - if that is indeed how it works and if we go up we are outside of the Football League's jurisdiction.

3. He has decided he cant be arsed, is getting paid anyway, just like the players and is just having a laugh with the club and trying to wind up the fan base by arsing around with the team selection until the end of the season to give him something to do.

The choice is yours.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

So, WTF was Young doing at CB? on 21:13 - Apr 9 with 736 viewsRangersAreBack

Great effort but as far as Harry's concerned let's not try to find logic where none exists.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024