Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Julio Cesar's World Cup so far 07:36 - Jul 5 with 1701 viewsloftboy

I thought I would take this opportunity to closely watch our 3rd choice keeper this World Cup to see if would have any faith in him should he come back, but apart from those penalty saves and a crude foul he hasn't really had to do much, I get the impression that the Brazilian defence doesn't trust him and tend to make sure the ball is cleared before it gets as far as him, there are times when crosses come in when in normal circumstances a keeper would pile through his own defenders to claim but They seem to always get there first.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 07:48 - Jul 5 with 1272 viewsbatmanhoop

great shot stopper but suspect commanding his area. The team who do their homework and start pumping high balls into the area will get results I'm sure. With their talisman player now out, think this average Brazilian side will go no further
Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 07:51 - Jul 5 with 1266 viewsWatford_Ranger

He benefitted hugely from the corrupt refereeing in the Croatia game and ought to have been pilloried for flapping at the cross that led to the disallowed goal.

Whenever he's made a reasonable save the commentators seem to fap about it as if he's Gordon Banks v Pele, as they do with all the Brazil team.
Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 08:01 - Jul 5 with 1253 viewsbatmanhoop

there was aspects of refereeing last night which I wasn't happy with. Felt for Colombia. The great love in with the Brazilians isn't here with this team. Average at best, cynical and tactics, legal and illegal, that I've never seen from previous Brazil teams
Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 08:42 - Jul 5 with 1205 viewsDWQPR

Just look back at th Aston Villa equaliser before half time in the game we lost 3-2 that really hit our survival prospects a couple of years back. The most weakest of crosses, looped into the six yard area which screamed 100% goalkeepers every time and the useless Knut just stood on his line watching Agbonlahor glance a weak header past him. Poor keeper, overrated and I prey that he makes a mistake that eliminates an equally poor Brazil side.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 09:36 - Jul 5 with 1151 viewsLoft1979

Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 08:42 - Jul 5 by DWQPR

Just look back at th Aston Villa equaliser before half time in the game we lost 3-2 that really hit our survival prospects a couple of years back. The most weakest of crosses, looped into the six yard area which screamed 100% goalkeepers every time and the useless Knut just stood on his line watching Agbonlahor glance a weak header past him. Poor keeper, overrated and I prey that he makes a mistake that eliminates an equally poor Brazil side.

Keep it up Julio.
Glad we have 2 world class keepers. Hopefully we continue to put together A world class PL standard defense.
Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 10:33 - Jul 5 with 1105 viewsTheBlob

Hands as safe as those that clutch the half time raffle money.
Hurry back Julio.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 10:40 - Jul 5 with 1092 viewsbosh67

Couldn't do much else but concede the penalty. I really liked the Columbians but they put Julio under almost no pressure at all. That is mainly because Brazil defended so well.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 11:12 - Jul 5 with 1073 viewsHollowayRanger

will be interesting to see how he copes with german corners!!!!!!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 11:19 - Jul 5 with 1060 viewsfrancisbowles

Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 11:12 - Jul 5 by HollowayRanger

will be interesting to see how he copes with german corners!!!!!!

Yep, especially with Silva suspended!
Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 11:27 - Jul 5 with 1049 viewsTacticalR

César has looked OK so far, and really comes into his own in Penalty shootouts where he is making saves from a standing start (but also advances a step or two to cut down the angle).

I am surprised none of the opposition teams have worked out a way to beat César.

As Reading and Wigan worked out, the first and most obvious way is to get the ball over the wall from a free kick, as César is slow along the line. Here accuracy is more important than pace.

The second way is to hit the ball low and fast into the corner, as Bale did for Tottenham against Inter, although that's easier said than done.

Air hostess clique

Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 11:37 - Jul 5 with 1033 viewsJuzzie

I wouldn't say it's a case if defenders not trusting him, it's their job to defend. If a goalie spends 90 minutes doing nothing then the defence have done their job.

I think Cesar has been ok, not outstanding but not bad either.
Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 11:59 - Jul 5 with 1007 viewsLoft1979

Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 11:37 - Jul 5 by Juzzie

I wouldn't say it's a case if defenders not trusting him, it's their job to defend. If a goalie spends 90 minutes doing nothing then the defence have done their job.

I think Cesar has been ok, not outstanding but not bad either.

Cesar had to rusty. A few games in Toronto is hardly a good preparation for a World Cup campaign.
Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 12:04 - Jul 5 with 1002 viewsfrancisbowles

Anyone else noticed, how much further his kicks go now as compared to when he played for us?
Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 12:06 - Jul 5 with 998 viewsthame_hoops

Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 12:04 - Jul 5 by francisbowles

Anyone else noticed, how much further his kicks go now as compared to when he played for us?

The air is thinner south of the equator
Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 12:14 - Jul 5 with 988 viewsfrancisbowles

Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 12:06 - Jul 5 by thame_hoops

Nice try! Actually, I think he was carrying an injury, groin or something, whilst with us.

Not that it excuses those nightmare performances at Villa and Swansea!
Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 12:28 - Jul 5 with 978 viewsTHEBUSH

Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 12:04 - Jul 5 by francisbowles

Strange how everyone has different opinions, as I thought his kicking for us was OK !!
Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 12:45 - Jul 5 with 956 viewsLblock

Torn

I'd like him to have a barn stormer so some mug will take him off our hands
But then I'd also like to seem him in floods (yet again) as the Brazilian team is knocked out. It'd cause that most corrupt of organisations FIFA a real headache

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 12:56 - Jul 5 with 939 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I don't care even if he did play like Gordan Banks anyway, his disrespectful behavior towards QPR should eliminate him from selection anyway . I hope he has a good tournament so a buyer will come and take his wages off the bill.
Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 13:00 - Jul 5 with 936 viewsTacticalR

Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 12:06 - Jul 5 by thame_hoops

I knew there had to be a scientific explanation.

Air hostess clique

Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 13:16 - Jul 5 with 924 viewsTHEBUSH

Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 12:56 - Jul 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

I don't care even if he did play like Gordan Banks anyway, his disrespectful behavior towards QPR should eliminate him from selection anyway . I hope he has a good tournament so a buyer will come and take his wages off the bill.

I don't blame Cesar, I blame Hughes, who totally disrespected Rob Green and treated him as an outcast.
Then the same was done to Cesar by HR, who was put in a no win situation.
Personally I prefer Green in goal and it looks like he's gonna get re-signed, with Cesar's situation still not resolved !!
Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 13:28 - Jul 5 with 910 viewsTheBlob

Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 12:56 - Jul 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

Well then the same "disrespect"toward the club should apply to a certain J.Barton.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 13:35 - Jul 5 with 902 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 13:28 - Jul 5 by TheBlob

Well then the same "disrespect"toward the club should apply to a certain J.Barton.

I totally agree, plus many others
Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 14:05 - Jul 5 with 882 viewsHollowayRanger

Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 13:28 - Jul 5 by TheBlob

don't remember barton doing this

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 14:06 - Jul 5 with 881 viewsHollowayRanger

Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 14:05 - Jul 5 by HollowayRanger

don't remember barton doing this

didn't know rolf harris was there either!

Listen to the band play!

Julio Cesar's World Cup so far on 14:14 - Jul 5 with 873 viewssaxbend

Best way to beat Cesar is to have a load of players in the box and play a low cross into it. He'll just stand there hoping a defender will get there first, but Clint/Marcelo are only human and every other time it'll br a tap-in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024