Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Di Maria fee - ridiculous 17:22 - Aug 26 with 2558 viewscoolranger

News of Man United spending £59.7 million on Angel Di Maria further reinforces my view that football is getting into a dangerous inflationary spiral.

It is a ridiculous fee for such a player. He is a good player who shone in a Real side that invariably dominated the opposition most weeks. I remember watching one of Argentina's games when the stat was that Di Maria had given the ball away 37 times in the match.

This lad is not a superstar. Once again Man United have paid well over the odds. This is starting to look like a very expensive mess.
Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 17:26 - Aug 26 with 1997 viewssimmo

He's actually a brilliant player, assisted more than any other player and that was from a deep lying midfield position. He also scored the winner in that Argentina game you're talking about.

I appreciate 59.7m is a ridiculous amount to spend on a football player, but he is a really good player and will give United a lot of what they are missing.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 17:26 - Aug 26 with 1997 viewsTacticalR

I seem to recall that QPR_ARG was a Di Maria sceptic.

Air hostess clique

Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 17:35 - Aug 26 with 1963 viewsTacticalR

As David Conn pointed out last week, Manchester United have seen a huge increase in income in the last few years, and he doesn't even mention the £750M kit deal with Adidas which begins next year:
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/aug/20/glazers-thrive-manchester-u

Air hostess clique

Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 17:41 - Aug 26 with 1934 viewsJamie

Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 17:26 - Aug 26 by simmo

He's actually a brilliant player, assisted more than any other player and that was from a deep lying midfield position. He also scored the winner in that Argentina game you're talking about.

I appreciate 59.7m is a ridiculous amount to spend on a football player, but he is a really good player and will give United a lot of what they are missing.

What they desperately need is a couple of commanding centre backs, a midfield destroyer and a box to box midfielder. Di Maria is none of those.
Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 17:51 - Aug 26 with 1901 viewsWeaverQPR

Man Yoo are desperate, they can't afford to be left behind again so they will pay whatever. They are chasing europes biggest names and hoping Van Gaal can get them into the top four somehow. All rather amusing.

@WeavQPR

Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 17:52 - Aug 26 with 1900 viewsted_hendrix

Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 17:41 - Aug 26 by Jamie

What they desperately need is a couple of commanding centre backs, a midfield destroyer and a box to box midfielder. Di Maria is none of those.

No, what they desperately need is to fail in all footballing matters and with a bit of huge luck end up getting relegated.
It would be extremely pleasing too if they never got another penalty awarded to them at OT even legitimate ones.
As for the actual fee its bloody well obscene but then again football and the unfair amounts of cash splashing about in the wrong direction is obscene.

Jumpers for goalpost my arse.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2014 17:53]

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 18:00 - Aug 26 with 1875 viewssimmo

They need a player who can transition possession to attacking/chances as quickly as possible in the counter attacking style Van Gaal likes. Di Maria does this brilliantly.

They also need a CB, although I imagine Rojo will be playing left of the CB's and from what I have heard from United fans, Jones has been their best/most consistent performer so far.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 18:04 - Aug 26 with 1863 viewsJuzzie

All That's wrong with football.

© QPR, apparently.
Login to get fewer ads

Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 18:06 - Aug 26 with 1853 viewsJuzzie

Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 17:35 - Aug 26 by TacticalR

As David Conn pointed out last week, Manchester United have seen a huge increase in income in the last few years, and he doesn't even mention the £750M kit deal with Adidas which begins next year:
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/aug/20/glazers-thrive-manchester-u

All PL clubs have seen a huge income in the last few years. That maroon line is propably proportionally the same for many clubs.
Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 18:08 - Aug 26 with 1841 viewsClive_Anderson

Can't stand Man Utd, but the more teams that can compete financially with Chelsea the better. If it weren't for them and Man City then Chelsea would have 10 titles by now.
Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 18:12 - Aug 26 with 1833 viewsWatford_Ranger

Have to say I don't rate the bloke. I guess the stats suggest he is brilliant and stats tell a lot but from what I've seen he's not 'world-class'.
Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 18:15 - Aug 26 with 1829 viewsElHoop

You are right, but even that probably isn't enough. They seem to have tossers everywhere you look now - on the pitch, on the bench, in the boardroom and on the shareholder certificates.
Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 18:22 - Aug 26 with 1808 viewsFredManRave

He's undoubtedly a very good player but the fee is ridiculous. Twice as much as the same aged Costa, 3 times as much as the younger Balotelli. So for some reason (desperation?!) Utd have paid over the odds and it will be eye watering to see how much they spend in their attempt to catch up with the similarly eye watering amounts that City and Chelsea play. The fees and salaries paid out at the top end of the game are outrageous, 20million quid and a 100 grand a week gets you some midfielder bloke that you've never heard of before from an average club you've never heard of before.

In todays market I must be worth nearly 3grand with wages of 20 quid a week.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 18:39 - Aug 26 with 1767 viewskysersosaqpr

Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 18:22 - Aug 26 by FredManRave

He's undoubtedly a very good player but the fee is ridiculous. Twice as much as the same aged Costa, 3 times as much as the younger Balotelli. So for some reason (desperation?!) Utd have paid over the odds and it will be eye watering to see how much they spend in their attempt to catch up with the similarly eye watering amounts that City and Chelsea play. The fees and salaries paid out at the top end of the game are outrageous, 20million quid and a 100 grand a week gets you some midfielder bloke that you've never heard of before from an average club you've never heard of before.

How are people digging out qpr when these tw.ts are forking out obscene money for people to fill positions that are not desperately needed!

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 18:41 - Aug 26 with 1759 viewscoolranger

Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 18:22 - Aug 26 by FredManRave

Well said.

Basically there is a small group of super-rich clubs at the top of the European game who are creating a transfer system that nobody else can play with, except to sell. Certainly not to buy players.

I am talking Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester City, Chelsea, Manchester United, Bayern Munich, Paris St Germain. That is probably it - SEVEN clubs.

None of the Italian sides can play at this table. Only the top two in Spain, only Bayern in Germany and PSG in France, then our three. Note I would NOT include Liverpool or Arsenal in this group.

Where does it end? £50m for a utility squad player, £80m for a central defender, £70m for wing backs, £200m for top strikers.....? And then weekly wages in a few years edging towards £500K for top players and half that for the rest?

Bananas.
Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 18:44 - Aug 26 with 1746 viewskysersosaqpr

Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 18:41 - Aug 26 by coolranger

Well said.

Basically there is a small group of super-rich clubs at the top of the European game who are creating a transfer system that nobody else can play with, except to sell. Certainly not to buy players.

I am talking Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester City, Chelsea, Manchester United, Bayern Munich, Paris St Germain. That is probably it - SEVEN clubs.

None of the Italian sides can play at this table. Only the top two in Spain, only Bayern in Germany and PSG in France, then our three. Note I would NOT include Liverpool or Arsenal in this group.

Where does it end? £50m for a utility squad player, £80m for a central defender, £70m for wing backs, £200m for top strikers.....? And then weekly wages in a few years edging towards £500K for top players and half that for the rest?

Bananas.

Get FIFA and their wonderful president involved to sort this mess out!

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 18:51 - Aug 26 with 1725 viewsDWQPR

However good Di Maria might be no doubt he looks a lot better in a supremely talented Real Madrid side. Be interested whether he continues to look a £60million player with the likes of Ashley Young and Tom Cleverly in the midfield with him. I suspect not.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 18:54 - Aug 26 with 1720 viewsEalingRanger

All fees are ridiculous nowadays. Di Maria is easily worth six of Jordan Rhodes to Man Utd.
Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 19:04 - Aug 26 with 1698 viewsSpiritofGregory

£60m for a player who is not guaranteed a first team place at Real Madrid. Madrid are laughing all the way to the bank.
Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 19:55 - Aug 26 with 1638 viewsFredManRave

Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 19:04 - Aug 26 by SpiritofGregory

£60m for a player who is not guaranteed a first team place at Real Madrid. Madrid are laughing all the way to the bank.

Not really when you think of the transfer fees that they paid for Gareth Bales and James Rodriguez to get them into that situation.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 21:09 - Aug 26 with 1553 viewsSpiritofGregory

Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 19:55 - Aug 26 by FredManRave

Not really when you think of the transfer fees that they paid for Gareth Bales and James Rodriguez to get them into that situation.

Bale and Rodrigues are far better players and command 1st team places at Real Madrid.
Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 21:51 - Aug 26 with 1492 viewsTacticalR

Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 18:41 - Aug 26 by coolranger

Well said.

Bananas.

FFP may actually encourage certain teams to be huge spenders. Take PSG, who are the only team in the capital city of France. They can therefore charge a fortune for tickets and sponsorship.

Air hostess clique

Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 21:54 - Aug 26 with 1488 viewsstowmarketrange

It'll be like buying a rolls Royce and parking it in a council estate.4-0 to MK Dons.
Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 22:27 - Aug 26 with 1431 viewsbosh67

I don't think £59.7 million was enough.

According to transfermarkt our total market value is currently £78,98 Mill.

If we sell most of the players and perhaps a few stands etc then we could get Di Maria in ourselves and still have £19m of assets in the banks. Happy days.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Di Maria fee - ridiculous on 23:03 - Aug 26 with 1373 viewspaesanu

Check him out on youtube - he's pricey but have to say he looks awesome.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024