Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Games 11:11 - Apr 1 with 6795 viewsdaveB

Anyone know when the May tv games get announced?
Sky Games on 11:26 - Apr 1 with 5115 viewsRangersw12

4- 6 weeks before the games so should be imminent

Fingers crossed Man City isn't moved as already booked train tickets
Sky Games on 11:28 - Apr 1 with 5111 viewsdaveB

Sky Games on 11:26 - Apr 1 by Rangersw12

Thanks
Sky Games on 11:59 - Apr 1 with 5091 viewsPinnerPaul

I think I might have lost interest by May!
Sky Games on 12:03 - Apr 1 with 5083 viewsdaveB

Sky Games on 11:59 - Apr 1 by PinnerPaul

I think I might have lost interest by May!

season does seem to be dragging this year, still two months left
Sky Games on 12:15 - Apr 1 with 5049 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky Games on 12:03 - Apr 1 by daveB

season does seem to be dragging this year, still two months left

I suppose because last season had such an amazing end.

Despite many on here down paying Wembely and the semi victories, they at least gave us something to look forward to and then of course a great night at LR and day out at Wembley.

Great times, which now seem a long time ago!
Sky Games on 12:43 - Apr 1 with 5014 viewsfrancisbowles

I looked into this a few days ago and last year announced on 4th April.
Sky Games on 13:11 - Apr 1 with 4976 viewsWalnut

Sky Games on 12:43 - Apr 1 by francisbowles

I looked into this a few days ago and last year announced on 4th April.

I read somewhere it should have been by March 31 but subsequently it seems Sky/BT will wait for one more round of games and possibly the Liverpool cup replay next midweek before picking. Meanwhile the train fares edge up up up
Sky Games on 13:12 - Apr 1 with 4976 viewsdaveB

Sky Games on 13:11 - Apr 1 by Walnut

I read somewhere it should have been by March 31 but subsequently it seems Sky/BT will wait for one more round of games and possibly the Liverpool cup replay next midweek before picking. Meanwhile the train fares edge up up up

Liverpool away already too expensive, might just sack off the season for away games and start again next year
Login to get fewer ads

Sky Games on 13:37 - Apr 1 with 4939 viewsdsr_burnley

Sky Games on 11:26 - Apr 1 by Rangersw12

Not to rain on your hopes, but every Chelsea and Man City game in April is on live TV. I suspect every May game will be too.
Sky Games on 13:55 - Apr 1 with 4898 viewsRangersw12

Sky Games on 13:37 - Apr 1 by dsr_burnley

Not to rain on your hopes, but every Chelsea and Man City game in April is on live TV. I suspect every May game will be too.

As long as they don't move the actual day then should be fine
Sky Games on 14:42 - Apr 1 with 4835 viewsstowmarketrange

Sky Games on 13:55 - Apr 1 by Rangersw12

As long as they don't move the actual day then should be fine

We will probably be on Monday night at 8pm.
Sky Games on 15:01 - Apr 2 with 4614 viewsJonDoeman

It Is What It Is !!

Sky Games on 15:14 - Apr 2 with 4584 viewsRangersw12

Sky Games on 15:01 - Apr 2 by JonDoeman

Bunch of fcking cnts
Sky Games on 16:35 - Apr 2 with 4477 viewsNorthernr

Presumably this is to make sure they're there "every step of the way, as the title is won" even though we know who's going to win the fcking thing, but really, how much value for the neutral is there in Chelsea v Stoke? City v QPR? Just televise somebody slamming a pillow case full of puppies into a brick wall why don't you?
Sky Games on 16:55 - Apr 2 with 4435 viewsJamie

Sky Games on 16:35 - Apr 2 by Northernr

Presumably this is to make sure they're there "every step of the way, as the title is won" even though we know who's going to win the fcking thing, but really, how much value for the neutral is there in Chelsea v Stoke? City v QPR? Just televise somebody slamming a pillow case full of puppies into a brick wall why don't you?

Eh? Those are the 'games that matter'....

In fairness to Sky, having looked at the fixtures for that weekend there's fck all else worth televising.
Sky Games on 16:57 - Apr 2 with 4431 viewsPunteR

Sky Games on 16:55 - Apr 2 by Jamie

Eh? Those are the 'games that matter'....

In fairness to Sky, having looked at the fixtures for that weekend there's fck all else worth televising.

"the games that matter"

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Sky Games on 16:59 - Apr 2 with 4426 viewsRangersw12

Well I won't be bothering going to the Sunday game

Clubs need to set up some sort of scheme to reimburse fans who have already booked train tickets as at the moment the risk is either wait for unaffordable train tickets or lose a cheaper ticket
Sky Games on 17:25 - Apr 2 with 4375 viewsstowmarketrange

Sky Games on 16:59 - Apr 2 by Rangersw12

Well I won't be bothering going to the Sunday game

Clubs need to set up some sort of scheme to reimburse fans who have already booked train tickets as at the moment the risk is either wait for unaffordable train tickets or lose a cheaper ticket

To be fair to Sky,Man City were always likely to have their last few games shown on Sky because they still might win the league and we might get relegated on the same day.Its a shame that it isn't 3pm on Saturday but it was always likely to be moved,and we would have as many people moaning if it was 12.45 or 5.30 on the Saturday,and lots of fans wouldn't go because of the time of the game.
Sky Games on 20:13 - Apr 2 with 4278 viewsRangersw12

Sky Games on 17:25 - Apr 2 by stowmarketrange

To be fair to Sky,Man City were always likely to have their last few games shown on Sky because they still might win the league and we might get relegated on the same day.Its a shame that it isn't 3pm on Saturday but it was always likely to be moved,and we would have as many people moaning if it was 12.45 or 5.30 on the Saturday,and lots of fans wouldn't go because of the time of the game.

I'm talking in general and not just this game as something needs to be done as if you wait to see if the game is on sky then if it isn't the train fare will be too expensive anyway

The clubs sold their soul for the sky money so they can at least help out the proper fans who actually try and go to games

They get a grant from the league for away fans so some of it could be put to reimburse the fans who get screwed over when the games get moved
Sky Games on 20:48 - Apr 2 with 4242 viewsFredManRave

Sky Games on 20:13 - Apr 2 by Rangersw12

I'm talking in general and not just this game as something needs to be done as if you wait to see if the game is on sky then if it isn't the train fare will be too expensive anyway

The clubs sold their soul for the sky money so they can at least help out the proper fans who actually try and go to games

They get a grant from the league for away fans so some of it could be put to reimburse the fans who get screwed over when the games get moved

General question, just to understand exactly how this works. When you book tickets in advance you pay for them there and then and if there is any subsequent change, as in this case, you are not able to either change the tickets for another day or cancel them and get the money reimbursed?! You basically book and pay as early in advance as possible but then lose that money if the time/date of the game changes. Is it basically that simple?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Sky Games on 20:53 - Apr 2 with 4231 viewsstowmarketrange

Sky Games on 20:48 - Apr 2 by FredManRave

General question, just to understand exactly how this works. When you book tickets in advance you pay for them there and then and if there is any subsequent change, as in this case, you are not able to either change the tickets for another day or cancel them and get the money reimbursed?! You basically book and pay as early in advance as possible but then lose that money if the time/date of the game changes. Is it basically that simple?!

With some train companies you can adjust the times for a cost.Some don't allow any changes at all.
Sky Games on 22:34 - Apr 2 with 4159 viewsRangersw12

Majority of train tickets you buy in advance are non refundable and if you're allowed to change them you're charged a fee per ticket which is usually around£10.00
Sky Games on 23:04 - Apr 2 with 4134 viewsdsr_burnley

Sky were always going to televise every Man City and Chelsea game. Sky have a lot more games than BT, but BT get a share of the first picks of matches; but Sky get to choose on which weekends BT get the first picks. So Sky made sure that all BT's first & second picks are out of the way before the end of March, so Sky can get every Chelsea game and every Man City game in the run-in. The QPR-Chelsea game was always going to be on Sky, it was just a matter of what day.
Sky Games on 23:15 - Apr 2 with 4124 viewsNorthernr

Yes. Here in 2015 you have to decide when you want to travel by train at least three months in advance and pay for it then. If you want to change it within those three months - 95% of the time it's tough, and the other 5% of the time it's expensive. If you decide to leave it a bit later and see 100% of the time it's fcking expensive.
Sky Games on 23:34 - Apr 2 with 4095 viewsRfromItaly

sorry for man city game. does this mean the Newcastle match has not been selected to move date/time?

Author of book about Venice, and football articles including personal QPR interviews with Bowles and Marsh. See website: www.dstandish.com

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024