Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Double Whammy 17:12 - Jun 3 with 5827 viewsFredManRave

Not only is Karl Henrys signing of a new contract iminent but we'd probably never see Disco post here again.

Vote in Disco, out Karl Henry.

Karl Henry appears to be close to signing a new contract at QPR.

Manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink told out-of-contract trio Henry, Clint Hill and Alejandro Faurlin after the end of the season that they were not in his first-team plans.

Hill and Faurlin subsequently left the club, while Henry could be retained primarily as a squad player.

Talks have been ongoing in recent weeks and it looks increasingly likely that the 33-year-old will stay.

Henry has made 102 appearances for the R’s since being signed on a free transfer from Wolves in 2013.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/karl-henry-qpr-close-wls-football

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Double Whammy on 17:21 - Jun 3 with 5779 viewsA40Bosh

Personally I think this would be strategically a VERY good move if we resign him.

It will mean we will retain an existing boo boy in the squad for next season and it will let other new recruits have a little longer to prove they are useless before the masses point it out every time they get subbed!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Double Whammy on 17:29 - Jun 3 with 5746 viewsQPRDave

Not too bad imo, if he's prepared to stay as a squad player, and fill in when needed, then I think an experienced player that he is, is a decent. option
[Post edited 3 Jun 2016 17:30]
Double Whammy on 17:37 - Jun 3 with 5713 viewsLblock

i was on my way home earlier with a cheeky spring in my step, whistling a jaunty tune and generally happy with some news I had this week

Popped into Mr Karims on the corner as I come out the station to pick up my usual Friday copy of Ealing Gazette. Turned to back page. Mood soured

FFS

Wherever Disco goes I'm going with him.....

Boo to this

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Double Whammy on 17:52 - Jun 3 with 5661 viewsbosh67

Have never had a problem with Henry.

His attitude, professionalism, availability and willingness is exemplary. We know what he can and can't do but one thing he can do is be exactly what we need, and that is to be an experienced player that can come in when other players are out. He is going to be a squad player and fill in gaps.

About time the boo boys f*cked off on this one. Disco not included. Disco is an excellent man and I am sure even he will see that this is a good move... or not....

Over to you Disco.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Double Whammy on 18:12 - Jun 3 with 5585 viewsPunteR

Would rather we kept Faurlin. I haven't got a problem with Henry staying but I hope we sign some quality in midfield alongside him.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Double Whammy on 19:25 - Jun 3 with 5410 viewsessextaxiboy

He consistently got selected by all of the managers that have been through the club in recent times.
He must be a really good trainer , he keeps himself fit and as an old git I quite like it when he clatters into the odd tackle .
Having said that he is like a rabbit in the headlights if he is asked to take possession from the defence and actually be creative .
Sorry Disco , on the right money I am not against giving him another year .
Double Whammy on 19:29 - Jun 3 with 5391 viewsTheBlob

I get the same feeling from this news as if someone told me a rich uncle had died and left all his money to a Horned Whelk charity.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Double Whammy on 23:50 - Jun 3 with 5057 viewsLadbrokeR

This is a wind up ?
Login to get fewer ads

Double Whammy on 04:03 - Jun 4 with 4933 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Double Whammy on 13:06 - Jun 4 with 4673 viewsisawqpratwcity

Eh, I'm neutral on this; he's done ok recently.

As for you Henry/Ramsey (we've had this all season) haters...suck it up!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Double Whammy on 13:53 - Jun 4 with 4614 viewsCroydonCaptJack

No problem with this.
Double Whammy on 19:08 - Jun 18 with 4106 viewsFredManRave

I'm rebooting this post from a couple of weeks ago so Disco is up to date on the Henry situation.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news mate, however, thinking about it, I've not seen anything confirmed since this article so maybe he's still weighing up his options from all the offers on the table, with presumably at least one from Rangers?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Double Whammy on 19:15 - Jun 18 with 4076 viewsDiscodroids

Double Whammy on 19:08 - Jun 18 by FredManRave

I'm rebooting this post from a couple of weeks ago so Disco is up to date on the Henry situation.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news mate, however, thinking about it, I've not seen anything confirmed since this article so maybe he's still weighing up his options from all the offers on the table, with presumably at least one from Rangers?!

...and just like steve ovett on the shoulder of alberto juantorena on the bend 200 meters from home, my old mate fred ruins my first day back on LFW... Is traore stil here mate?.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Double Whammy on 19:24 - Jun 18 with 4056 viewsDeepcutHoop

Double Whammy on 17:52 - Jun 3 by bosh67

Have never had a problem with Henry.

His attitude, professionalism, availability and willingness is exemplary. We know what he can and can't do but one thing he can do is be exactly what we need, and that is to be an experienced player that can come in when other players are out. He is going to be a squad player and fill in gaps.

About time the boo boys f*cked off on this one. Disco not included. Disco is an excellent man and I am sure even he will see that this is a good move... or not....

Over to you Disco.

I'm with Bosh, more than happy to have Henry back at QPR next year.

Received abuse way out of proportion to anything he deserved.
Double Whammy on 19:30 - Jun 18 with 4037 viewsbosh67

Double Whammy on 19:15 - Jun 18 by Discodroids

...and just like steve ovett on the shoulder of alberto juantorena on the bend 200 meters from home, my old mate fred ruins my first day back on LFW... Is traore stil here mate?.

His contract is up in 12 days. I will personally miss whatsit very much. That cross at Man City and the celebration of the cross at Man City will live long in the memory.

My overriding memory will be him arriving at South Africa Road school parking in his matt grey Bentley with red wheel caps before a game he wasn't playing in because he had a hamstring injury. My dad and I were running late and we were trotting up the road towards the ground as he sprinted past us at high speed, obviously to make sure no one spent his wages at the bar.

Legend!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Double Whammy on 19:45 - Jun 18 with 3993 viewsDiscodroids

Double Whammy on 19:30 - Jun 18 by bosh67

His contract is up in 12 days. I will personally miss whatsit very much. That cross at Man City and the celebration of the cross at Man City will live long in the memory.

My overriding memory will be him arriving at South Africa Road school parking in his matt grey Bentley with red wheel caps before a game he wasn't playing in because he had a hamstring injury. My dad and I were running late and we were trotting up the road towards the ground as he sprinted past us at high speed, obviously to make sure no one spent his wages at the bar.

Legend!

hahaha what a great first memory ...im sorry to be so vulgar bosh, but every second traore is contracted to QPR, its like ive got a painful case of Priapism . A multi millionaire no doubt without the basic rudiments of a professional footballer and the heart of Arthur Daley in a punch up at the winchester club.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2016 19:46]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Double Whammy on 19:54 - Jun 18 with 3965 viewsbosh67

Double Whammy on 19:45 - Jun 18 by Discodroids

hahaha what a great first memory ...im sorry to be so vulgar bosh, but every second traore is contracted to QPR, its like ive got a painful case of Priapism . A multi millionaire no doubt without the basic rudiments of a professional footballer and the heart of Arthur Daley in a punch up at the winchester club.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2016 19:46]

True. He earned more in a week than I did in two years for doing nothing but to be fair he does have a full head of hair.

Never knowingly right.

Double Whammy on 19:57 - Jun 18 with 3954 viewsDiscodroids

Double Whammy on 19:54 - Jun 18 by bosh67

True. He earned more in a week than I did in two years for doing nothing but to be fair he does have a full head of hair.

gave me a chuckle,

Double Whammy on 01:33 - Jun 19 with 3731 viewstimcocking

I've never had any problem with Karl Henry.

He'll never be my favourite player, but he's ok. I remember most English people saying Paul Scholes was no good. Hah. Plenty of fans haven't got a clue, they just follow the bandwagons all the time.

I'd have preferred to keep Ali though.
Double Whammy on 09:04 - Jun 19 with 3581 viewsloftinoz

Double Whammy on 01:33 - Jun 19 by timcocking

I've never had any problem with Karl Henry.

He'll never be my favourite player, but he's ok. I remember most English people saying Paul Scholes was no good. Hah. Plenty of fans haven't got a clue, they just follow the bandwagons all the time.

I'd have preferred to keep Ali though.

Not sure Ali was the answer, what with his Parkinson's and his age.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024