Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Magilton's QPR score 12 in a week - History 22:20 - Oct 12 with 1530 viewsNorthernr

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/44051
Magilton's QPR score 12 in a week - History on 23:28 - Oct 12 with 1510 viewsPunteR

The Derby game was one of the best QPR performances I've watched.(on tv). We went a goal down but I never felt more confident in us winning.
Shame it didn't work out for Magilton. Interesting point of view from Bircham on the podcast about the "head butt". Basically, it wasn't a head-butt .
We did have a lot of loan players at the time which was the first issue Warnock addressed when he arrived. Recalling Heider Helgerson was another Warnock masterstroke.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Magilton's QPR score 12 in a week - History on 01:54 - Oct 13 with 1478 viewsBoston

Magilton's QPR score 12 in a week - History on 23:28 - Oct 12 by PunteR

The Derby game was one of the best QPR performances I've watched.(on tv). We went a goal down but I never felt more confident in us winning.
Shame it didn't work out for Magilton. Interesting point of view from Bircham on the podcast about the "head butt". Basically, it wasn't a head-butt .
We did have a lot of loan players at the time which was the first issue Warnock addressed when he arrived. Recalling Heider Helgerson was another Warnock masterstroke.

Got lucky and happened to be in the U.K. for that brief spell of brilliance. The Rangers 4 - 1 win at LR v Reading was particularly memorable for me a/ because Routledge, who i really rated, was on fire and b/ for the second time in my life I sat in the Ellerslie, the first being the day it opened. Never been back, it's like a foreign country over there to me.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Magilton's QPR score 12 in a week - History on 06:09 - Oct 13 with 1450 viewsFredManRave

Magilton's QPR score 12 in a week - History on 01:54 - Oct 13 by Boston

Got lucky and happened to be in the U.K. for that brief spell of brilliance. The Rangers 4 - 1 win at LR v Reading was particularly memorable for me a/ because Routledge, who i really rated, was on fire and b/ for the second time in my life I sat in the Ellerslie, the first being the day it opened. Never been back, it's like a foreign country over there to me.

Genuine question Boston; Are you saying that England is like a foreign country to you now and if so do you feel more at "home" in Boston?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Magilton's QPR score 12 in a week - History on 09:39 - Oct 13 with 1372 viewsBrightonhoop

Magilton's QPR score 12 in a week - History on 06:09 - Oct 13 by FredManRave

Genuine question Boston; Are you saying that England is like a foreign country to you now and if so do you feel more at "home" in Boston?!

Was a brilliant spell, and both Clubs, us and Derby, were linked by debt to ABC and struggling, so it was a fine display of English Football on BBC if memory serves me well. Knew we would win despite going 1 down early on.
Shame Magilton lost the dressing room because whatever he was doing worked well for a while and we were on fire.
Magilton's QPR score 12 in a week - History on 11:37 - Oct 13 with 1327 viewsfrancisbowles

Blimey, 8 out of 10 and an assist for Borrowdale!
Magilton's QPR score 12 in a week - History on 17:44 - Oct 13 with 1200 viewsterryb

I posted after the Preston match that we had played the best football I'd seen since the Venables days!

We were good against Reading & Derby, but sublime against Preston!
Magilton's QPR score 12 in a week - History on 22:03 - Oct 13 with 1121 viewsBoston

Magilton's QPR score 12 in a week - History on 06:09 - Oct 13 by FredManRave

The Ellerslie man....I'm a regular visitor to Blighty, 3/6 games a season, but that part of the ground....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Magilton's QPR score 12 in a week - History on 12:05 - Oct 14 with 1062 viewsderbyhoop

I remember the Reading and Derby games so well. The 4-1 demolition of Reading was one of the best QPR performances I've seen in the last 20 years. Maybe the bizarre refereeing decisions made it extra special.
For Derby, they handed out t-shirts for the game (can't remember why these days). We dominated first half and found ourselves 2-1 down. Savage scored for them with a sublime free kick. But I always felt we'd come back and so we did. That was when we were still unbeaten at Pride Park. Had a good gloat with the locals.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Magilton's QPR score 12 in a week - History on 12:36 - Oct 14 with 1041 viewsClive_Anderson

That week was the most exciting football I think I've seen us play since the 1992 side. When we went 2-0 down at Derby I just knew we were still going to win that game.

I really thought we were going to walk the division after that, totally bizarre what happened after.
Magilton's QPR score 12 in a week - History on 00:05 - Oct 15 with 978 viewsIngham

Yeah. That was the strange thing. Even the TV commentators took it for granted that we would win. I can't remember that ever happening in any game, to tell the truth. 2-1 down at half-time away from home, and they talked as if our winning was inevitable.

Amazing football. He didn't start very well, if I remember. Then he had a purple patch of astonishing fluency, where we seemed to have been playing brilliantly for years, so comfortable were we with it.

And it just vanished into thin air. Can't remember anything like it. A run of surprisingly good results, yes. But not that brief air of utter superiority on the ball.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024