Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clarke Carlisle 19:47 - Oct 28 with 3440 viewsnix

Very moving speech by Clarke at halftime. Really seemed touched by his welcome from the fans. Very honest about his mh struggles. Also Wolves fans joined in the applause, which was a nice touch.

Also lovely little pre-match ceremony, reading out the names of the fallen players from world wars from both teams, followed by the last post.

The level of engagement with the fans has improved out of sight.
Clarke Carlisle on 19:53 - Oct 28 with 3389 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I know there is a massive difference in wage and career circumstances, but it's not too dissimilar to Stephen Caulker.

He got applause today, but v Burnley a while ago we chanted 'he's pissed and he can't get up' when he went down.

I agree, this club is becoming lovable again.
Clarke Carlisle on 19:58 - Oct 28 with 3355 viewssmegma

Fair play to him and Paul Morrissey for not avoiding the issue. Being honest with himself and the world will make his path in life a lot smoother. We were going to clap whatever he did or didn't say but to see the whole away end clapping him as well must have been a huge boost to him. He spoke very highly of both his former boss Holloway and former team mate Bircham.One step at at a time Clarke.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2017 19:59]
Clarke Carlisle on 20:04 - Oct 28 with 3306 viewscollegeranger

Bircham gave him a very big man hug when he came off - he deserved it - eloquence with humility. I hope he beats his demons once and for all.
Clarke Carlisle on 20:05 - Oct 28 with 3300 viewsLongsufferingR

Must admit to having a tear in my eye during that. Regarding the away fans clapping, I've noticed there is often quite a bit of applause from them even when it's not one of their former players but just someone who became a big name in the game, which is nice to see.

Still appalls me when we went to Swansea in the Prem and John Hartson was introduced before the game just having has his brain op, and I was threatened with violence by some of our own fans for applauding him.
Clarke Carlisle on 20:07 - Oct 28 with 3290 viewssmegma

Clarke Carlisle on 20:05 - Oct 28 by LongsufferingR

Must admit to having a tear in my eye during that. Regarding the away fans clapping, I've noticed there is often quite a bit of applause from them even when it's not one of their former players but just someone who became a big name in the game, which is nice to see.

Still appalls me when we went to Swansea in the Prem and John Hartson was introduced before the game just having has his brain op, and I was threatened with violence by some of our own fans for applauding him.

With due respect they're not 'our fans' or football fans if they behave like that.
Clarke Carlisle on 20:55 - Oct 28 with 3051 viewsterryb

As someone aho has suffered from depression, I thought that Clarke's reply was superb.

Today will certainly help him short term & let's hope that he is strong enough to extend that time. I got the impression that Steve Wicks was being very supportive.

Well done Clarke. Well done Rangers for inviting him today.
Clarke Carlisle on 21:02 - Oct 28 with 2997 viewsDorse

Love Clarke.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Clarke Carlisle on 22:15 - Oct 28 with 2734 viewsBoston

Clarke Carlisle on 20:07 - Oct 28 by smegma

With due respect they're not 'our fans' or football fans if they behave like that.

Oh they're fans alright...but they're not supporters.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Clarke Carlisle on 22:49 - Oct 28 with 2617 viewssevenhoop

Clarke Carlisle on 20:55 - Oct 28 by terryb

As someone aho has suffered from depression, I thought that Clarke's reply was superb.

Today will certainly help him short term & let's hope that he is strong enough to extend that time. I got the impression that Steve Wicks was being very supportive.

Well done Clarke. Well done Rangers for inviting him today.

Before Wicks was introduced, I said to my son that he was probably my favourite ever centre half for us ( score Clint, of course), And he spoke well and eloquently and said that our resukt is the first one he looks for. Still love the bloke.
Clarke Carlisle on 22:56 - Oct 28 with 2599 viewsBklynRanger

I found that quite surreal to be honest.

I was away for 3 weeks with family and holiday stuff recently - I knew Clarke had gone missing but didn't know he'd been found. Went to the toilet at halftime, came back and there he was standing in the centre circle! Can't get more found than that.

Good luck to him.
Clarke Carlisle on 23:06 - Oct 28 with 2570 viewsHarbour

Despite the FFP issues the club continues to get their it right the forever r s club Grenville game the community trust all brilliant connection and engagement with the fans and local community well done rangers and well done Clarke very brave glad he got great reception. The tribute to the fallen players before the game and to cap it all a great win urss
Clarke Carlisle on 00:37 - Oct 29 with 2410 viewsisawqpratwcity

Clarke Carlisle on 21:02 - Oct 28 by Dorse

Love Clarke.

Oooh, let me guess...bookkeeper at a brothel?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Clarke Carlisle on 01:15 - Oct 29 with 2353 viewstimcocking

Marvellous.

Future England Captain Clarke Carlisle was an absolutely magnificent player for us. That season where we got promoted, with him and big Dan Shittu at the back, was an absolute joy. Twas the first time i was living in London, we literally never lost. Didn't matter how much we were being beaten by, i knew we wouldn't lose. And we didn't. Unbeaten in the league that year at Loftus Road with Super Clarke playing majestically if i recall correctly. Sad he was immediately bought by a bigger team, i would have liked to have seen how we'd have done in the first division with that team.
Clarke Carlisle on 01:33 - Oct 29 with 2334 viewsBrightonhoop

Dont really understand Clarke but can empathise with him. Glad he got a good reception.
Hope he can nail down his demons.
Clarke Carlisle on 06:41 - Oct 29 with 2158 viewsenfieldargh

Clarke Carlisle on 22:49 - Oct 28 by sevenhoop

Before Wicks was introduced, I said to my son that he was probably my favourite ever centre half for us ( score Clint, of course), And he spoke well and eloquently and said that our resukt is the first one he looks for. Still love the bloke.

I did the corporate thing for the logic rent goal game v Wigan and Steve wicks was the host in the w12.

Spoke to him at length and we brought up his time at Chelsea.

Wicked says he hates them, the club and that Qpr are his team.

Didn’t want to go to Palace but Jim Gregory needed the dosh and Derby wasn’t much better.

We’ve had some great central defenders and he’s right up there with the best.

As for CC the guy is so eloquent and has had help from the media in trying to utilise his undoubted talent as a broadcaster and pundit however the depression is so deep that it completely takes over his life.

The bit about olly protecting him as a human first shows what a superb man Holloway is.

I’m proud to be a rangers fan win loose or draw.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Clarke Carlisle on 06:46 - Oct 29 with 2145 viewsYorkRanger

Clarke Carlisle on 06:41 - Oct 29 by enfieldargh

I did the corporate thing for the logic rent goal game v Wigan and Steve wicks was the host in the w12.

Spoke to him at length and we brought up his time at Chelsea.

Wicked says he hates them, the club and that Qpr are his team.

Didn’t want to go to Palace but Jim Gregory needed the dosh and Derby wasn’t much better.

We’ve had some great central defenders and he’s right up there with the best.

As for CC the guy is so eloquent and has had help from the media in trying to utilise his undoubted talent as a broadcaster and pundit however the depression is so deep that it completely takes over his life.

The bit about olly protecting him as a human first shows what a superb man Holloway is.

I’m proud to be a rangers fan win loose or draw.

Logic rent is a great auto correct
Clarke Carlisle on 06:54 - Oct 29 with 2133 viewsenfieldargh

Clarke Carlisle on 06:46 - Oct 29 by YorkRanger

Logic rent is a great auto correct

Especially when I’ve just woken up am on the bog and forgotten my glasses

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Clarke Carlisle on 11:51 - Oct 29 with 1763 viewsbosh67

Very impressed with the Wolves fans but particularly at half time and Clarke. We really should get Clarke in in some capacity at the club. Brilliant speaker and could give him real focus.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Clarke Carlisle on 11:56 - Oct 29 with 1754 viewsHunterhoop

Said something similar to Nix's post in the pub last night, albeit a lot less eloquent!!

The club are doing a great job of making us a proper "club" again.
Clarke Carlisle on 08:04 - Oct 30 with 1418 viewstimcocking

Excellent to see (and hear!) it on the offy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024