Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming 12:23 - Feb 2 with 6113 viewsbosh67

This is the one area where Ollie is off the hook so to speak because he has no options to bring anyone in. If he went to a 4-4-2 at least we would have wingers and width, Who knows, we may see a miracle tomorrow in the way he sets the team out... or not.

Here Les explain what we all know but it's where we are and we have to get on with it.

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/les-ferdinand-speak

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 12:34 - Feb 2 with 3380 viewsOldPedro

Video on the Offish

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/ferdinand-on-january-transfer-window/

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 12:46 - Feb 2 with 3333 viewsconnell10

Trouble is how you gonna sell season tickets on the back of it?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 13:06 - Feb 2 with 3246 viewssmegma

I have one complaint. You didn't address the DOF as Evil Les.

Thems the rules.
Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 13:23 - Feb 2 with 3183 viewsbosh67

Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 12:46 - Feb 2 by connell10

Trouble is how you gonna sell season tickets on the back of it?

I thought it was a bit previous of the club to be offering next season renewals now before we know what division we will be in.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 13:35 - Feb 2 with 3098 viewsterryb

Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 13:23 - Feb 2 by bosh67

I thought it was a bit previous of the club to be offering next season renewals now before we know what division we will be in.

Have I missed something?

I've not noticed any offer for ST renewal. Last year though, they stated that renewals had to be by 31st March(?) to qualify for early bird reduction. This was then extended to 31st May due to lack of sales.

I expect prices to be exactly the same as this season even if we were relegated.
Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 13:35 - Feb 2 with 3099 viewsBklynRanger

Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 12:34 - Feb 2 by OldPedro

Video on the Offish

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/ferdinand-on-january-transfer-window/

On the board behind him he's got Luongo hugging his own byline and Scowen up front. 14 players on the pitch in total disarray. I despair sometimes.
Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 13:49 - Feb 2 with 3058 viewsNW10Hoop

I bloody love Les Ferdinand.

This must be such a difficult time in our history to be doing your prefered job at a club you love. It's all damage limitation, and long term planning - the likes of which he may not even be around to see come to fruition. Genuinely don't get people giving him abuse - even if he was bad at his job, he is QPR legend. I hope he's around long enough to see some of the work he does pay off.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2018 13:58]
Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 13:49 - Feb 2 with 3052 viewsBostonR

It was no surprise that the club did not bring anyone in.
They should focus on IH getting his act together and start picking the right team with the right tactics, depending on the oppo. That simple approach has been sadly lacking.
It looks as though he is here until the end of the season which does not bode well and I can see League 1 approaching fast.
Login to get fewer ads

Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 13:51 - Feb 2 with 3044 viewsHunterhoop

Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 13:49 - Feb 2 by NW10Hoop

I bloody love Les Ferdinand.

This must be such a difficult time in our history to be doing your prefered job at a club you love. It's all damage limitation, and long term planning - the likes of which he may not even be around to see come to fruition. Genuinely don't get people giving him abuse - even if he was bad at his job, he is QPR legend. I hope he's around long enough to see some of the work he does pay off.

Completely agree. But judging by the dogs' abuse he's getting on social media for the video...I doubt it. Some of our fans are utter morons.
Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 13:52 - Feb 2 with 3042 viewsNorthernr

Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 13:49 - Feb 2 by BostonR

It was no surprise that the club did not bring anyone in.
They should focus on IH getting his act together and start picking the right team with the right tactics, depending on the oppo. That simple approach has been sadly lacking.
It looks as though he is here until the end of the season which does not bode well and I can see League 1 approaching fast.

There's a few people on Twitter doing this, tweeting the club constantly and saying if Holloway stays we'll be in league One. I wonder, if you turn out to be wrong, will you come on at the end and say you were wrong, or will you just swiftly move onto "we'll definitely get relegated next year if we don't sack him"?
Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 13:57 - Feb 2 with 3016 views2Thomas2Bowles

Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 13:52 - Feb 2 by Northernr

There's a few people on Twitter doing this, tweeting the club constantly and saying if Holloway stays we'll be in league One. I wonder, if you turn out to be wrong, will you come on at the end and say you were wrong, or will you just swiftly move onto "we'll definitely get relegated next year if we don't sack him"?

He said the same about this time last year (we will be in the bottom 3 in a week or 2 ) with still loads of games to go.
Just rinse/repeat with him.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 14:00 - Feb 2 with 3003 viewsWestbourneR

Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 13:35 - Feb 2 by BklynRanger

On the board behind him he's got Luongo hugging his own byline and Scowen up front. 14 players on the pitch in total disarray. I despair sometimes.

No wonder we've got problems. Tsk.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 14:01 - Feb 2 with 2993 viewsBostonR

Always happy to correct mistakes - no problem.

Whatever way you look at it, IH is and has been a car-crash waiting to happen. My cards were on the table from day one, in that it was a poor decision to bring him back.

I sit in SAR and on the opening day of the season he had good support - now most want him gone because his style of hoofball is shite - end of!
Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 14:04 - Feb 2 with 2985 viewsWestbourneR

We might not get relegated under IH, I really hope not. In fact I think it's unlikely - but it will be thanks only to the players sweating blood. There are no green shoots of a footballing side anywhere to be seen. I think it's a bit of crime to reduce people like Freeman and Luongo into distance sprinters and that's it.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 14:04 - Feb 2 with 2980 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 13:23 - Feb 2 by bosh67

I think that's what most clubs do.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 14:17 - Feb 2 with 2922 viewscolinallcars

Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 13:35 - Feb 2 by terryb

Have I missed something?

I've not noticed any offer for ST renewal. Last year though, they stated that renewals had to be by 31st March(?) to qualify for early bird reduction. This was then extended to 31st May due to lack of sales.

I expect prices to be exactly the same as this season even if we were relegated.

There was a text sent out by the club last week saying follow a link to see instructions on purchasing STs for next season.
Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 14:20 - Feb 2 with 2905 viewsngbqpr

Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 14:04 - Feb 2 by WestbourneR

We might not get relegated under IH, I really hope not. In fact I think it's unlikely - but it will be thanks only to the players sweating blood. There are no green shoots of a footballing side anywhere to be seen. I think it's a bit of crime to reduce people like Freeman and Luongo into distance sprinters and that's it.

...and the manager gets no credit for getting those players to sweat blood?

No credit for spotting / signing Freeman and giving him a role in which he has got a table topping number of assists in a lower midtable side?

No credit for Luongo having his most consistent season to date?

I don't consider myself as either happy clapper or Olly is our saviour...like most managers he has his strong & weak points...like most managers in this division, if he had less weaknesses he'd be in the Prem...but this slagfest gets right on my wick (and yes I know the last 2 performances have been poor, but prior to that we were top 6 in the form table....that's the nature of this division...even Warnock's team lost 4-1 at Scunny)

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 14:23 - Feb 2 with 2890 viewsGloucs_R

How many of you think Ollie will be in charge for next season? If we just escape relegation, has he done his job this season? Therefore, he gets another shot next year?

Without a doubt, they arent going to sack him this season. Cant afford to pay off him and his coaches.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 14:33 - Feb 2 with 2848 views2Thomas2Bowles

Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 14:23 - Feb 2 by Gloucs_R

How many of you think Ollie will be in charge for next season? If we just escape relegation, has he done his job this season? Therefore, he gets another shot next year?

Without a doubt, they arent going to sack him this season. Cant afford to pay off him and his coaches.

I hope he gets a 3 year extension.

Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 14:38 - Feb 2 with 2825 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 14:33 - Feb 2 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Do you really believe that or are you just so entrenched in your position because of all the stick you've dished out you can't reverse out now?

This coming from someone who also believes we should stick with him too by the way.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2018 14:40]
Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 14:41 - Feb 2 with 2806 viewsGloucs_R

You're in a minority. Why do you think that though?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 14:42 - Feb 2 with 2794 views2Thomas2Bowles

Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 14:38 - Feb 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

Do you really believe that or are you just so entrenched in your position because of all the stick you've dished out you can't reverse out now?

This coming from someone who also believes we should stick with him too by the way.

Yes I hope he does
I'm not looking to reverse my view that stability is whats needed and not another change in manager.
As evil Les said, it's going to be a slow job, just stick with the plan.

Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 14:43 - Feb 2 with 2796 viewsNortholt_Rs

Why not just give him the job for life?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 14:44 - Feb 2 with 2785 viewsHunterhoop

Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 14:38 - Feb 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

Ding Ding Ding!!!! JACKPOT.

Again, from someone who wants him to carry on (and succeed!).
Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 14:44 - Feb 2 with 2783 views2Thomas2Bowles

Les talks about FFP and lack of incoming on 14:41 - Feb 2 by Gloucs_R

You're in a minority. Why do you think that though?

It's only the minority that thinks I'm in the minority llol

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024