Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yesterday 11:12 - Jan 2 with 2282 viewsJoolz69

Like everyone else who was there yesterday, am still buzzing. In OS, Eze and Chair, we've truly got players I'd pay to watch as they are everything and more I'd want in my team.
I really think it could have been so different though. The memories of Hull so fresh. After we scored my son said to me he hates it when we score so early, and he's right. Our defending without the ball until we scored our 4th was so nervous. If that header had gone in and not off the bar would have been a completely different game. Fact is our 1st 3 goals were created by 2 players in each instance, not really team goals, which is fantastic but didn't reflect our dominance imo. We are best when pressing high, attacking teams, then I don't mind us conceding, it's when we back off and try to defend a lead we fall short. If we can get that right we'll be something very special. BOS my mom by a stretch, and Smithies on their bench??... Mention to Lumleys assist for 3rd,very happy for him
Yesterday on 11:19 - Jan 2 with 2242 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Some excellent points, Joolz.

Can't say I ever felt nervous, though, and I thought the back four and Lumley all looked solid in the air and on the deck. I thought we defended well all over the pitch all through the game. Even our sixth goal - sixth, I say! - came as a result of pressing by us.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Yesterday on 11:27 - Jan 2 with 2204 viewsJoolz69

Yesterday on 11:19 - Jan 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Some excellent points, Joolz.

Can't say I ever felt nervous, though, and I thought the back four and Lumley all looked solid in the air and on the deck. I thought we defended well all over the pitch all through the game. Even our sixth goal - sixth, I say! - came as a result of pressing by us.

Hear you, but I just didn't feel like we'd won it until 4th went in. Dunno if memories of Hull or Luton were in the way or what. Like I tried to say in post, I don't think 3 nil was fair based on our 1st half performance. 3 goals came from individual brilliance rather than team work. Actually think we played better in 1st half against Hull than yesterday???
Yesterday on 11:39 - Jan 2 with 2160 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Yesterday on 11:27 - Jan 2 by Joolz69

Hear you, but I just didn't feel like we'd won it until 4th went in. Dunno if memories of Hull or Luton were in the way or what. Like I tried to say in post, I don't think 3 nil was fair based on our 1st half performance. 3 goals came from individual brilliance rather than team work. Actually think we played better in 1st half against Hull than yesterday???

You may have a point.

It was interesting to hear Warburton say post-match that the stats were similar yesterday than those against Hull and Charlton, the difference being we took our chances yesterday.

That may well be true, and I don't doubt the man, but I thought we looked far more secure yesterday because we bossed midfield. We worked hard to show for the ball, take up positions between the lines, move the ball quickly, look again. We ran them ragged. Against Hull in the second half we were rigid, uninspired and outworked.

Add in a dominant back four which provided plenty turnovers to guarantee possession for us rather than Cardiff and I felt secure all through.

Yesterday on 11:48 - Jan 2 with 2093 viewsxianwol

Little has been said about the fact we defended better without Manning. I wonder if left back is ultimately his best position. Wallace was solid yesterday and though we must have had the slowest back four in the League, Cardiff created very little.
Yesterday on 11:49 - Jan 2 with 2079 viewsJoolz69

Yesterday on 11:39 - Jan 2 by BrianMcCarthy

You may have a point.

It was interesting to hear Warburton say post-match that the stats were similar yesterday than those against Hull and Charlton, the difference being we took our chances yesterday.

That may well be true, and I don't doubt the man, but I thought we looked far more secure yesterday because we bossed midfield. We worked hard to show for the ball, take up positions between the lines, move the ball quickly, look again. We ran them ragged. Against Hull in the second half we were rigid, uninspired and outworked.

Add in a dominant back four which provided plenty turnovers to guarantee possession for us rather than Cardiff and I felt secure all through.

Again, agree with you to a point. Think our bossing the midfield only started happening in 2nd half. Against Hull we were bossing everything until they scored. Just think we are pretty fragile in terms of believing we can win a game when we score 1st,and with good reason. Anyway, loving this season and the potential is something else!!
Yesterday on 12:14 - Jan 2 with 2029 viewsWatfordR

Yesterday on 11:39 - Jan 2 by BrianMcCarthy

You may have a point.

I wasn't there yesterday, but I did get to both the Reading and Hull games. What's interesting to me is the points you're making re movement on and off the ball, both of which I thought were missing for large parts of the previous two games, where I felt there was a lot of possession for possession's sake. Overall I thought there had been a lack of pace and purpose, particularly at Reading, apart from the last 15 or so minutes.

I appreciate playing a high tempo style puts a lot of strain on key players when the games are coming one on top of another, but I feel we have a decent enough squad to rotate and cope with that. Obviously really pleased with yesterday, but I feel the Christmas period has been an opportunity missed.
Yesterday on 12:30 - Jan 2 with 1953 viewsrsonist

The Luton game still feels like the signature Warbs side performance.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 12:30]
Yesterday on 12:38 - Jan 2 with 1914 viewsloftus77

Yesterday on 12:30 - Jan 2 by rsonist

The Luton game still feels like the signature Warbs side performance.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 12:30]

Yep - good shout. That game was the Warburton template I guess. Yesterday was wonderful but would I have preferred 2 drab 1-0s against both Hull and Cardiff? Can't decide - probably not at the moment.

Paolo Sousa/JFH Warbs is not...
Login to get fewer ads

Yesterday on 12:44 - Jan 2 with 1875 viewssuperhoopdownunder

This is the most exciting QPR team to watch for a long time.
Yesterday on 12:47 - Jan 2 with 1858 viewsWokingR

And while we are all still riding this wave, let's also celebrate the anniversary of another great New Year victory
Yesterday on 12:48 - Jan 2 with 1854 viewsCiderwithRsie

From the OP (my italics):

"Our defending without the ball until we scored our 4th was so nervous. If that header had gone in and not off the bar would have been a completely different game."

Most

QPR

Thing

Ever.
Yesterday on 13:05 - Jan 2 with 1799 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Yesterday on 11:49 - Jan 2 by Joolz69

Again, agree with you to a point. Think our bossing the midfield only started happening in 2nd half. Against Hull we were bossing everything until they scored. Just think we are pretty fragile in terms of believing we can win a game when we score 1st,and with good reason. Anyway, loving this season and the potential is something else!!

You may also be right, Joolz. Looking forward to watching the full game later so will keep an eye on that.

Yesterday on 13:14 - Jan 2 with 1743 viewsTacticalR

Yesterday, all my troubles looked as though they were here to stay
Now they seem so far away
Oh, yesterday came suddenly

Yesterday, football was such an easy game to play
Oh, I believe in yesterday

Air hostess clique

Yesterday on 13:21 - Jan 2 with 1712 viewsA40Bosh

Have to say that only sour note on an outstanding victory was that it should have been 6-0 as Lumley got his two hands to that shot but did not push it hard enough and it ended up in the back of the net and not out for a corner.

We can counter this though that his fast throw out straight to BOS did directly assist with a great goal from BOS

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Yesterday on 14:45 - Jan 2 with 1537 viewssmegma

Yesterday on 12:44 - Jan 2 by superhoopdownunder

With Hugill on 8 goals, Eze on 10 and Wells on 12 I tend to agree. When was the last time we had decent goal scoring tallies half way through a season. Warnock title year ??
That tanking has been coming for a while now. This season in this league has been mad with every team bar the top 2 capable of beating anyone.
I just hope we can repeat yesterday's performance on a more regular basis between now and May.
Yesterday on 15:35 - Jan 2 with 1445 viewsjoe90

Still buzzing too!

I agree, I was also nervous until we got the 4th!

There were moments when we were playing such great football I couldn't believe it was the same side. I guess sometimes everything just clicks.

I really hope we can dig in and get a result against Brentford.
Yesterday on 15:41 - Jan 2 with 1423 viewsbosh67

Yesterday on 12:44 - Jan 2 by superhoopdownunder

You say that now but if we lose against Brentford the keyboard warriors will want everyone sacked and Pullis in... in goal!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Yesterday on 13:36 - Jan 3 with 1207 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just watched the first half and I would say that we had as near to total control of that half as we could wish for.

Movement excellent, always options available, Ball breaking forward, Amos dropping back, Eze and Chair everywhere, Wells working very hard. BOS always available on the right, and swapped to the left briefly. Absolute nightmare for Cardiff to handle all that movement.

The negative - only the one, we gave away a lot of ball. But always while trying to do the right thing.

Glorious half of football.

Hope I can get to watch the second half soon. If not, it will be Sunday before I get to it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024