Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could the last one out... - Preview 19:56 - Jan 31 with 2809 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/51866
Could the last one out... - Preview on 20:43 - Jan 31 with 2622 viewsDejR_vu

How depressing. We all know we have to sell to survive but it’s depressing when it happens.

I don’t share your optimism that it will improve. I don’t think the board are doing this to build a stronger, sustainable club, I think they’re doing it to batten down the hatches. How’s that training ground, outside the reach of P&S rules, coming along? I think even when we sell Eze and BOS, MW will still have to make do with frees and loans.

I don’t think the rest of the division will crumble under FFP, they’ll all just end up with meaningless points deductions.

We’re having to let good, honest, likeable pros go because we can’t afford to keep them. All because when we had money our moronic owners were shovelling it by the wheelbarrow load in the direction of pond lowlife scum like Barton and Bosingwa.

This is what these charlatan chancers have given us as a fanbase. We can’t even hope and dream anymore. They’ve absolutely destroyed this football club and it’ll never recover.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Could the last one out... - Preview on 21:34 - Jan 31 with 2473 viewsQPR_John

Anybody estimate how much we have saved in salaries
Could the last one out... - Preview on 21:59 - Jan 31 with 2376 viewsRanger1208

Could the last one out... - Preview on 20:43 - Jan 31 by DejR_vu

How depressing. We all know we have to sell to survive but it’s depressing when it happens.

I don’t share your optimism that it will improve. I don’t think the board are doing this to build a stronger, sustainable club, I think they’re doing it to batten down the hatches. How’s that training ground, outside the reach of P&S rules, coming along? I think even when we sell Eze and BOS, MW will still have to make do with frees and loans.

I don’t think the rest of the division will crumble under FFP, they’ll all just end up with meaningless points deductions.

We’re having to let good, honest, likeable pros go because we can’t afford to keep them. All because when we had money our moronic owners were shovelling it by the wheelbarrow load in the direction of pond lowlife scum like Barton and Bosingwa.

This is what these charlatan chancers have given us as a fanbase. We can’t even hope and dream anymore. They’ve absolutely destroyed this football club and it’ll never recover.

I’ve been an avid reader of this site for many years and haven’t posted before. I’ve supported QPR for over 50 years so I’ve seen a few highs and many lows.
I introduced my son to the joys of QPR when he was 6 years old. We’re both season ticket holders and have lived through some horror shows on the road. It’s never easy.
Now I totally get it. I understand what FFP is doing to our club. But is this it? Our target for the rest of the season is 3 wins out of 18 matches. I mean just over a week ago we’d just beaten Leeds and looking forward to a winnable cup match.
We average 2 goals against per game. Our answer isn’t to fix that. Oh no, let’s get shot of our toughest centre back. But it’s ok cause Dom Ball can cover. Really?
On average we need to score 2 goals a game to get a point. Poor old Jordan’s gonna have to play a lot of football over the next 4 months.
I haven’t got the answer. In my view it’s not gonna get any better with this mob in charge. I don’t believe this guff about we’ll rebuild in the summer. It’ll be the same old free caste offs and pals of the manager.
So I’m extremely pissed with all of this. There’s nothing I can do about it so I’ll be there supporting the team tomorrow. I’m just not looking forward to 4 months of just making do.
Could the last one out... - Preview on 02:04 - Feb 1 with 2042 viewsNorthernr

Could the last one out... - Preview on 21:34 - Jan 31 by QPR_John

Anybody estimate how much we have saved in salaries

Overall or this week?

Wage bill overall has come down from a ridiculous high of £80m+ to £30mish at the last check and should be significantly less in the next set of accounts due shortly assuming McClaren’s “team of men” loan splurge didn’t blow it too much.
Could the last one out... - Preview on 09:00 - Feb 1 with 1793 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Thanks for this article Clive

I've written to Lee Hoos to ask what is our goal, when do we expect to achieve it? (same as in your article)
Do we ever expect to get back into the Premier League?
When will the training ground project start and when will it be completed.

I've also asked do we benchmark against other clubs (like Preston) as they are a similar size to us and can run at break even or profit and perform much better on the park than us as well.

I said it was good we kept Eze, BOS, Chair and Masterson - they should become the backbone of our team and we need to sort the rest of the team out by the summer to make a push towards the play offs next season

I asked why are we still giving ridiculous contracts out like to Toni (20k+ per week) when we can't afford it.
I then made a comment that we wasted 5 years of recruitment on poor signings on big wages and have blown all the parachute money.

I am just not sure the owners have the same ambition the supporters have.

All we needed to do was sort the defence out this transfer window and we could have pushed for the playoffs

They have decided to just try and stay up - which for me is demotivating - I can only imagine what it is for the players

Final question - why did we loan Clarke again - he seems very lightweight
Could the last one out... - Preview on 09:05 - Feb 1 with 1778 viewsrsonist

Could the last one out... - Preview on 02:04 - Feb 1 by Northernr

Overall or this week?

Wage bill overall has come down from a ridiculous high of £80m+ to £30mish at the last check and should be significantly less in the next set of accounts due shortly assuming McClaren’s “team of men” loan splurge didn’t blow it too much.

Funny, I thought the stainrods_elbow thinkpiece you linked to suggested the end goal needed explaining. Wouldn't that be pertinent info? Wouldn't it also be a more constructive place to start from?
Could the last one out... - Preview on 09:08 - Feb 1 with 1771 viewsNorthernr

Could the last one out... - Preview on 09:05 - Feb 1 by rsonist

Funny, I thought the stainrods_elbow thinkpiece you linked to suggested the end goal needed explaining. Wouldn't that be pertinent info? Wouldn't it also be a more constructive place to start from?

Yeh I don’t mention it that often do I? Every bloody week for the last 5 years!
Could the last one out... - Preview on 09:33 - Feb 1 with 1700 viewsrsonist

Could the last one out... - Preview on 09:08 - Feb 1 by Northernr

Yeh I don’t mention it that often do I? Every bloody week for the last 5 years!

So why the change in tack now? I get you're cheesed off but I also know you know the situation about as well as anyone that isn't on the board can know it. Why don't you communicate that slightly better during this trying time?
Login to get fewer ads

Could the last one out... - Preview on 10:03 - Feb 1 with 1658 viewsNorthernr

Could the last one out... - Preview on 09:33 - Feb 1 by rsonist

So why the change in tack now? I get you're cheesed off but I also know you know the situation about as well as anyone that isn't on the board can know it. Why don't you communicate that slightly better during this trying time?

I don’t think I have. I repeatedly say in that preview this is what we’re doing, this is why we have to do it, this is why it’s right, this is why we have no choice, and that I’m supportive of it.

But it is a challenge to take a support base with you on that ‘journey’ (sorry, yuck) and things like the FA Cup and “just happy to be here” don’t help in that.
Could the last one out... - Preview on 11:11 - Feb 1 with 1555 viewsgolborne

Could the last one out... - Preview on 09:00 - Feb 1 by superhoopdownunder

Thanks for this article Clive

I've written to Lee Hoos to ask what is our goal, when do we expect to achieve it? (same as in your article)
Do we ever expect to get back into the Premier League?
When will the training ground project start and when will it be completed.

I've also asked do we benchmark against other clubs (like Preston) as they are a similar size to us and can run at break even or profit and perform much better on the park than us as well.

I said it was good we kept Eze, BOS, Chair and Masterson - they should become the backbone of our team and we need to sort the rest of the team out by the summer to make a push towards the play offs next season

I asked why are we still giving ridiculous contracts out like to Toni (20k+ per week) when we can't afford it.
I then made a comment that we wasted 5 years of recruitment on poor signings on big wages and have blown all the parachute money.

I am just not sure the owners have the same ambition the supporters have.

All we needed to do was sort the defence out this transfer window and we could have pushed for the playoffs

They have decided to just try and stay up - which for me is demotivating - I can only imagine what it is for the players

Final question - why did we loan Clarke again - he seems very lightweight

If as expected, we’d lost one of our attacking starlets you’d have been singing the boards praises for having the foresight to get clarke in. Leeds fans think he’s mustard, and are confused why their manager drives the same 11 into the ground every season, which is why he hasn’t been playing and is rusty. Not just our club that’s strange.
The fact is this is the easiest on the eye we’ve been since Gerry Francis was at the helm first time around. The shame is the defence, otherwise we’d be up there with the Top 2 - fact! And the world would be a different place.
As fans I think much of the anger is based on the fact that we know this, and are now fearful of the moment passing, when they all leave at the end of the season, likely for reduced fees as some are down to the last year on their contracts. Nothing we can do about that and those who still call Eze lazy. Well, you should be glad he’s going.
let’s hope the moment doesn’t pass. Apparently more money next year, so do we (without being stupid) beef up the contracts of these boys to keep them, or sell them and reinvest. Personally, I’d be inclined to give them a rise - I’d happily pay to see them all again next year, I think with this crop we really are work in PROGRESS. Cheer up - win the next 3 and we’ll be around the 10 and everybody’s peckers will be up again. And on another positive, I think the defence is getting there. Hall gambled the other night and literally said to the fella, you reckon - go on then if you think you can score from there. he hopefully won’t do that again. The set piece wasn’t the defence- it was a striker not doing his defensive job. Other than that they were pretty solid. Sheffield Weds was again not the defence for the first and the second was lack of cover due to chasing the game.
Could the last one out... - Preview on 11:27 - Feb 1 with 1520 viewsRangersw12

Could the last one out... - Preview on 10:03 - Feb 1 by Northernr

I don’t think I have. I repeatedly say in that preview this is what we’re doing, this is why we have to do it, this is why it’s right, this is why we have no choice, and that I’m supportive of it.

But it is a challenge to take a support base with you on that ‘journey’ (sorry, yuck) and things like the FA Cup and “just happy to be here” don’t help in that.

I hope the muppet who tweeted " happy to be here " has been told to wind his neck in

I'm sure he supports Palace so that explains his pathetic attempts at " banter "
Could the last one out... - Preview on 12:25 - Feb 1 with 1444 viewsrsonist

Could the last one out... - Preview on 10:03 - Feb 1 by Northernr

If, out of everything you know, the optics around relatively minor issues are what you choose to emphasise now then that challenge is only made harder.
Could the last one out... - Preview on 12:52 - Feb 1 with 1410 viewsNorthernr

Could the last one out... - Preview on 12:25 - Feb 1 by rsonist

If, out of everything you know, the optics around relatively minor issues are what you choose to emphasise now then that challenge is only made harder.

Ok well that was 2/3 pars of emphasis this week but isn’t in general as you know.
I’m not here to be the club’s mouthpiece and do their coms for them.
But I do take your point.
Could the last one out... - Preview on 13:57 - Feb 1 with 1327 viewsTGRRRSSS

FFP - or the implementation of it has done for us.

I see Derby in the middle of trouble are still signing people - and Sheff WEds, then there's the Fakes...

On it goes.
Could the last one out... - Preview on 14:51 - Feb 1 with 1270 viewskropotkin41

Is it fair to say that it's still early days? I mean it takes a good few years to turn such a train wreck into a stable project. I admit the FA Cup throw is frustrating, but, still, Warburton hasn't been here long after all. There's progress and there's miracles.

Having said that I think it's pretty miraculous we're not plying our trade in League One or below.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Could the last one out... - Preview on 20:56 - Feb 1 with 1078 viewsgigiisourgod

Thank you Clive. Marvellous preview.
Could the last one out... - Preview on 12:06 - Feb 2 with 834 viewsspencer

Could the last one out... - Preview on 20:56 - Feb 1 by gigiisourgod

Thank you Clive. Marvellous preview.

Just said the same.
Frustrating being a QPR fan, I have supported QPR since 1967...But I wish this article could be flooded onto social media groups/sites where we appear to have fans that have all just left the Jeremy Kyle circus on mass. The have absolutely no idea about football let alone what is happening at QPR
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024