Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No leaders on the pitch 22:51 - Feb 1 with 1691 viewsRalf85

Without Leistner or Cameron on the pitch today, their was nobody able to take control of the defence or midfield. The ball seemed to remain in our half during the first 45 mins - pass back sideways back sideways to no effect. So, City was able to block anything coming forward. Our usually inspired players Eze and BOS lacked pace and inspiration today. We improved after bringing subs on but never looked like scoring despite the chances created.
For me the only positive from today was Kelly's input. He was involved at crucial times helping his defence out. My neighbour kept saying 'Lumley would not have done that' as he spotted dangers and snuffed them out. This is going to be a tough end of season without a quality striker. Kelly is going to be a critical player from now on as goals look like they are going to be thin on the ground. Fingers crossed that we survive.
No leaders on the pitch on 23:55 - Feb 1 with 1561 viewstimcocking

It really is a remarkably young and inexperienced side at the moment. Asking for trouble.
No leaders on the pitch on 00:05 - Feb 2 with 1554 viewsbosh67

No leaders on the pitch on 23:55 - Feb 1 by timcocking

It really is a remarkably young and inexperienced side at the moment. Asking for trouble.

On the pitch, yes and today a problem, but we do have Cameron, Wallace and Pugh who are all good characters in the changing room and in training.

However, Masterson so far has echoes already of Glenn Roeder. He has potential leadership qualities.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

No leaders on the pitch on 00:18 - Feb 2 with 1531 viewstimcocking

No leaders on the pitch on 00:05 - Feb 2 by bosh67

On the pitch, yes and today a problem, but we do have Cameron, Wallace and Pugh who are all good characters in the changing room and in training.

However, Masterson so far has echoes already of Glenn Roeder. He has potential leadership qualities.

Yeah, strikes me that we do have plenty of 'talkers' in the squad, i think we're ok there. Masterson, as you mentioned, another talker, brilliant to hear. Glenn Roeder, love the comparison. Let's not forget Wallace too.

It's the age and the number of games. Helluva lot of our team young without that many Championship games and it's a tough, dirty bastard of a league. And the loanees. I worry that if/when things go south, loanees can disappear (metaphorically or physically).

Hoping for a quick win or two soon before panic starts to set in.
No leaders on the pitch on 00:32 - Feb 2 with 1519 viewsMatch82

No leaders on the pitch on 00:18 - Feb 2 by timcocking

Yeah, strikes me that we do have plenty of 'talkers' in the squad, i think we're ok there. Masterson, as you mentioned, another talker, brilliant to hear. Glenn Roeder, love the comparison. Let's not forget Wallace too.

It's the age and the number of games. Helluva lot of our team young without that many Championship games and it's a tough, dirty bastard of a league. And the loanees. I worry that if/when things go south, loanees can disappear (metaphorically or physically).

Hoping for a quick win or two soon before panic starts to set in.

Good news is that our young players are taking their lumps and growing this year, when we have points on the board. If (and it's a big if) we keep them over the summer they are going to be so much better off for this experience and we might see the whole team hit the ground running at the start of next year
No leaders on the pitch on 06:33 - Feb 2 with 1453 viewsLeedsR

I mentioned on another thread that I thought Dom Ball had a good game. I agree with many of the comments above, but to me he looked like he had serious potential to be a future captain. He wasn’t perfect, but he was winning balls, distributing well, getting stuck into tackles, and was very vocal in terms of directing others and showed that he was hacked off when things didn’t work or when the ref made another stupid decision. To me he seemed like a leader on the pitch.

I wasn’t convinced with him at first, but he has really grown on me.

I know Onuoha wasn’t a shouty captain, but certainly had the respect of his teammates and always had admittedly polite words with the ref. I don’t know how Hall is with his teammates but he seems a bit too quiet and nice to me. Ball has that bit of nastiness to him.
No leaders on the pitch on 06:54 - Feb 2 with 1439 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought that Ball and Masterson showed great leadership.

Wallace and Kelly seemed vocal, too?
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 6:55]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

No leaders on the pitch on 08:08 - Feb 2 with 1368 viewsnix

No leaders on the pitch on 06:54 - Feb 2 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought that Ball and Masterson showed great leadership.

Wallace and Kelly seemed vocal, too?
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 6:55]

Yes Ball a good game as well as Masterson and both talk. Ball was absolutely incensed with some of the City and referee chicanery, you could tell he was seething when he came off (it was clearly not for being subbed as that was definitely tactical) as it was just after some ridiculous refereeing time wasting (maybe the booking their manager with Mike Dean flourish or after the farce of taking hours to get the game going when their player fouled Hughill and then went down with a 'head injury and he gave the ball back to City to restart the game) .
No leaders on the pitch on 10:09 - Feb 2 with 1218 viewsstevec

Sounds like I’m on my own with this but wasn’t impressed with Ball. For all the knocking it around yesterday we are ultimately a team playing down the wings and there are numerous ways of doing that without the messing about we do to get it out there.

Masterson is a clever footballer, constantly on the move when we have the ball but he looked pissed off at times with the lack of movement from Ball in front of him. Amos gets a lot more stick on here but for me shows for the ball in a much smarter way, weird how as his game picks up he gets subbed.

Agree on lack of leaders (Masterson accepted) but Ball is not the answer.
Login to get fewer ads

No leaders on the pitch on 10:21 - Feb 2 with 1179 viewsDejR_vu

No leaders on the pitch on 06:33 - Feb 2 by LeedsR

I mentioned on another thread that I thought Dom Ball had a good game. I agree with many of the comments above, but to me he looked like he had serious potential to be a future captain. He wasn’t perfect, but he was winning balls, distributing well, getting stuck into tackles, and was very vocal in terms of directing others and showed that he was hacked off when things didn’t work or when the ref made another stupid decision. To me he seemed like a leader on the pitch.

I wasn’t convinced with him at first, but he has really grown on me.

I know Onuoha wasn’t a shouty captain, but certainly had the respect of his teammates and always had admittedly polite words with the ref. I don’t know how Hall is with his teammates but he seems a bit too quiet and nice to me. Ball has that bit of nastiness to him.

Agree on Ball. I think he’s been a great signing, way better than he’s given credit for, vocal, clearly happy to be here. I think he’d be a great Captain and think the responsibility would be good for him.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

No leaders on the pitch on 11:27 - Feb 2 with 1094 viewsLblock

Grant Hall is a waste of space at the moment
A million miles away from captain material
Looks like he knows he’s out the door in the summer and has put it into neutral

Gutted as I always raved about him and he’s been great in the past when fit

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

No leaders on the pitch on 11:33 - Feb 2 with 1086 viewsLeedsR

No leaders on the pitch on 10:09 - Feb 2 by stevec

Sounds like I’m on my own with this but wasn’t impressed with Ball. For all the knocking it around yesterday we are ultimately a team playing down the wings and there are numerous ways of doing that without the messing about we do to get it out there.

Masterson is a clever footballer, constantly on the move when we have the ball but he looked pissed off at times with the lack of movement from Ball in front of him. Amos gets a lot more stick on here but for me shows for the ball in a much smarter way, weird how as his game picks up he gets subbed.

Agree on lack of leaders (Masterson accepted) but Ball is not the answer.

I guess it’s about expectations too. I had high expectations of Amos, supposedly being highly rated at Spurs etc and I was rightly or wrongly expecting him to settle in and dominate pretty quickly. Obviously injuries hampered his progress and is only now beginning to show what he can do. I thought he was really growing into the game and playing well before he was subbed.

Ball however, I had low expectations of at the start and wasn’t overly enamoured with his early outings. But as I say, he’s really growing on me and I thought he looked good yesterday.

All opinions innit?!?
No leaders on the pitch on 11:52 - Feb 2 with 1049 viewsWatford_Ranger

I feel Amos’ better performances have been overhyped and he’s been such a non-entity so regularly. Always subbed too which shouldn’t still be happening 25 or whatever games in. Agree he was better second half without impacting the game hugely and possibly at Eze’s expense as they swapped positions for a bit.
No leaders on the pitch on 12:30 - Feb 2 with 991 viewsShunter

No leaders on the pitch on 11:52 - Feb 2 by Watford_Ranger

I feel Amos’ better performances have been overhyped and he’s been such a non-entity so regularly. Always subbed too which shouldn’t still be happening 25 or whatever games in. Agree he was better second half without impacting the game hugely and possibly at Eze’s expense as they swapped positions for a bit.

Totally agree, Amos is overhyped, poor game yesterday, gives the ball away to often, missed so many tackles.
Cannot understand why we play him and keep Manning on the bench,
Manning is a better passer, stronger in the tackle and can win free kicks to break up the opposition play and dont say Manning cannot play there, he can play anywhere across the midfield, so why are we playing a loanee and one of our best young players on the bench.
Does not make sense.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024