Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Heading ball banned in Primary schools 15:17 - Feb 24 with 2206 viewsRed_Ranger

Really quite radical. I heard that they seriously might ban it from top level in next ten years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-51614088

Heading ball banned in Primary schools on 15:42 - Feb 24 with 2161 viewsToast_R

Are they going to ban boxing, UFC, MMA and whatever else at every level too?
Heading ball banned in Primary schools on 15:51 - Feb 24 with 2139 viewsdaveB

Heading ball banned in Primary schools on 15:42 - Feb 24 by Toast_R

Are they going to ban boxing, UFC, MMA and whatever else at every level too?

you don't get much Boxing or MMA in primary schools

The ban is in training rather than matches as well.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 15:52]
Heading ball banned in Primary schools on 15:52 - Feb 24 with 2136 viewsPinnerPaul

Its only in training. Despite the banner headlines actual matches not affected - that's not to say they won't be further down the line though.

As ever everyone scared of any 'potential' risk despite the ONE study looking at dementia and other brain diseases in footballers found 'no evidence in the study that linked incidences of the disease with heading the ball'
Heading ball banned in Primary schools on 16:47 - Feb 24 with 2064 viewspaulparker

Me Dad used to cross ball after ball for me to header in the back garden an deirs nofink rong wit mee.

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Heading ball banned in Primary schools on 16:56 - Feb 24 with 2043 viewsloftboy

If they banned it from actual games then they would have to adopt the 5 aside ruling of not kicking the ball above head height.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Heading ball banned in Primary schools on 17:18 - Feb 24 with 1994 viewsdaveB

Heading ball banned in Primary schools on 16:56 - Feb 24 by loftboy

If they banned it from actual games then they would have to adopt the 5 aside ruling of not kicking the ball above head height.

kids game are small sided at the moment, is 5 a side ages 6-7 then moves up to 6 a side and then 7 a side as they get older with the pitch getting bigger for each step up as well.
Heading ball banned in Primary schools on 17:51 - Feb 24 with 1949 viewsDixie_CT

It’s only guidance not regulation/law/rules. Where did they pluck the magic figure of only five headers per training session?

East Berkshire is already under head height for U7/U8 matches, Surrey Youth league for same age groups isn’t.

‘Nanny State’ I scream in my best David Jason Count Duckula accent
Heading ball banned in Primary schools on 18:44 - Feb 24 with 1877 viewsstowmarketrange

Heading ball banned in Primary schools on 16:47 - Feb 24 by paulparker

Me Dad used to cross ball after ball for me to header in the back garden an deirs nofink rong wit mee.

Is that you Harry?
Login to get fewer ads

Heading ball banned in Primary schools on 19:56 - Feb 24 with 1818 viewsconnell10

No chance of it ever being banned in top flight football mate I think you are being g a tad over dramatic there!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Heading ball banned in Primary schools on 20:00 - Feb 24 with 1805 viewsstowmarketrange

Heading ball banned in Primary schools on 19:56 - Feb 24 by connell10

No chance of it ever being banned in top flight football mate I think you are being g a tad over dramatic there!!!

The modern balls are like balloons compared to the ones that players like Jeff astle used to head.
It would be good to see if modern footballers are suffering the same amount of brain injury as the previous generations suffered.
Heading ball banned in Primary schools on 23:21 - Feb 24 with 1695 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Harry Kane used to talk like Leslie Phillips before he began heading the ball.
Heading ball banned in Primary schools on 23:28 - Feb 24 with 1680 viewsstowmarketrange

Heading ball banned in Primary schools on 23:21 - Feb 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

Harry Kane used to talk like Leslie Phillips before he began heading the ball.

Oh I say.
Heading ball banned in Primary schools on 01:28 - Feb 25 with 1625 viewsJigsore

Heading ball banned in Primary schools on 20:00 - Feb 24 by stowmarketrange

The modern balls are like balloons compared to the ones that players like Jeff astle used to head.
It would be good to see if modern footballers are suffering the same amount of brain injury as the previous generations suffered.

it will literally take decades

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Heading ball banned in Primary schools on 04:04 - Feb 25 with 1588 viewsFredManRave

Heading ball banned in Primary schools on 01:28 - Feb 25 by Jigsore

it will literally take decades

Was the question how long will it take before Warren Farm gets done?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Heading ball banned in Primary schools on 09:29 - Feb 25 with 1548 viewsEsox_Lucius

Heading ball banned in Primary schools on 20:00 - Feb 24 by stowmarketrange

Modern footballs are exactly the same weight and filled to the same air pressure as they have for many, many years as far as I am aware. What has changed, due to aerodynamic designs, is the flight speed which has increased. This in turn means the ball meets the head at faster speeds when met full on with the added increase in inertial mass/ momentum. Brain shock is a consequence of this but is less likely when the ball is deflected from it's flight due to the modern design. This only applies to waterproof coated balls as the old natural leather ones would absorb moisture and their physical weight would increase.

The grass is always greener.

Heading ball banned in Primary schools on 09:45 - Feb 25 with 1523 viewsstowmarketrange

Heading ball banned in Primary schools on 09:29 - Feb 25 by Esox_Lucius

Modern footballs are exactly the same weight and filled to the same air pressure as they have for many, many years as far as I am aware. What has changed, due to aerodynamic designs, is the flight speed which has increased. This in turn means the ball meets the head at faster speeds when met full on with the added increase in inertial mass/ momentum. Brain shock is a consequence of this but is less likely when the ball is deflected from it's flight due to the modern design. This only applies to waterproof coated balls as the old natural leather ones would absorb moisture and their physical weight would increase.

That’s what I meant to say about the old leather footballs.They used to be like heading a brick at times.And it hurt more if you headed the side with the laces on.
One of the reasons why I chose to be a goalie instead.The main reason was that I was too lazy to run around for 90 mins.
Heading ball banned in Primary schools on 09:47 - Feb 25 with 1523 viewsPhildo

If you watched the Aaron Hernandez documentary on Netflix it is interesting about brain injury from concussions - CTE. I do wonder if sports like football and particularly rugby have a problem coming down the line. American football is of course very different but he was 27 and had stage 3 of 4 CTE.
Heading ball banned in Primary schools on 09:55 - Feb 25 with 1504 viewsrobith

Heading ball banned in Primary schools on 09:47 - Feb 25 by Phildo

If you watched the Aaron Hernandez documentary on Netflix it is interesting about brain injury from concussions - CTE. I do wonder if sports like football and particularly rugby have a problem coming down the line. American football is of course very different but he was 27 and had stage 3 of 4 CTE.

Rugby has an enormous problem, which is why the "game's gone soft" brigade do my head in - if they don't try and change it, there won't be a pro game in ten years. 28 people died playing rugby in 2018 ffs. The changes aren't perfect, but they have to do something
Heading ball banned in Primary schools on 10:59 - Feb 25 with 1457 viewsqueensparker

As someone who started out heading those brutal, sodden Mitre cannonballs and leaving every game with a headache, and still (sort of) plays, I can fully testify that heading a modern football is absolutely nothing like it used to be. It's like they're covered in a thick layer of soft sponge, it doesn't hurt at all.

No idea whether that means it's causing less damage but there's a massive difference.
Heading ball banned in Primary schools on 13:55 - Feb 25 with 1358 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Interesting:

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024