Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flybe. 13:20 - Mar 5 with 1799 viewsloftboy

Just watching the news, looks like a few regional airports could be in trouble if the routes don’t get snapped up.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 13:34]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Flybe. on 13:30 - Mar 5 with 1757 viewsenfieldargh

How long before more airlines collapse through lack of pax.

Dare I say AirAsia.

They rely on high pax #s.

I'm not in the Far east just now but back in Feb it looked like all flights going to China had been cancelled, well at least on the day I went through

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Flybe. on 13:41 - Mar 5 with 1704 viewsdavman

Southampton is a lovely airport experience and totally dominated by FlyBe. Unless another airline comes in, it will close, which would be a shame as it takes hours less to travel to and from there than Heathrow or Gatwick.

Still, to save the planet, we should all walk, cycle or get on a horse rather than fly anyway...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Flybe. on 13:55 - Mar 5 with 1659 viewsJuzzie

British seaside resorts to make a comeback?

or more than likely.......

Flybe. on 14:07 - Mar 5 with 1625 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Flybe. on 13:30 - Mar 5 by enfieldargh

How long before more airlines collapse through lack of pax.

Dare I say AirAsia.

They rely on high pax #s.

I'm not in the Far east just now but back in Feb it looked like all flights going to China had been cancelled, well at least on the day I went through

Flying out of Bangkok on Tuesday was eerily quiet never seen anything like it in the 30 years I’ve been using the three airports there, and the word ‘cancelled’ was all over the notice boards.

The thing with the airline business is that it’s been overpopulated with loss-making companies held up because they are the state carrier (the Belgian carrier went bust after 50 odd years of never making a profit) and then numerous budget airlines came along and scuppered the business model of some who needed to fly full all the time.

A few years back, Europe had something like 200 airlines operating Frankly, the field has needed trimming for ages.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Flybe. on 14:29 - Mar 5 with 1588 viewsNorthernr

Isn't the general consensus on this that Beardy Branson, having failed to secure his favourite thing - a taxpayer funded subsidy for a private business -, will just hoover the proitable flybe routes up for Virgin local?
Flybe. on 14:40 - Mar 5 with 1550 viewsessextaxiboy

I have made my living solely from driving people to the airports for 20 odd years . Recession , volcanoes, strikes, snow , storms and the Brexit uncertainty have not affected it anywhere like this has .
I was planning to pack it in after the summer , but after the month I have just had I may as well do it now .
Flybe. on 14:45 - Mar 5 with 1527 viewsHantsR

Flybe. on 13:41 - Mar 5 by davman

Southampton is a lovely airport experience and totally dominated by FlyBe. Unless another airline comes in, it will close, which would be a shame as it takes hours less to travel to and from there than Heathrow or Gatwick.

Still, to save the planet, we should all walk, cycle or get on a horse rather than fly anyway...

Indeed, and only 10 minutes in my case. However I don't fly much these days. Looking forward to my high speed train journeys to Sorrento via Milan, booked for later this month.
Flybe. on 15:45 - Mar 5 with 1425 viewsR_from_afar

Flybe. on 14:45 - Mar 5 by HantsR

Indeed, and only 10 minutes in my case. However I don't fly much these days. Looking forward to my high speed train journeys to Sorrento via Milan, booked for later this month.

I hope you are still able to have your holiday. Mrs R from Afar and I went on holiday to Lake Garda by train a few years ago and the journey, with an overnight stop in Paris, was a wonderful experience. Between Paris and Milan, the train went through some superb alpine scenery.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

Flybe. on 16:04 - Mar 5 with 1388 viewsHantsR

Flybe. on 15:45 - Mar 5 by R_from_afar

I hope you are still able to have your holiday. Mrs R from Afar and I went on holiday to Lake Garda by train a few years ago and the journey, with an overnight stop in Paris, was a wonderful experience. Between Paris and Milan, the train went through some superb alpine scenery.

Yes, we hope so too, but not looking too good at the moment is it? The Alpine scenery looks fantastic, weather permitting and we're taking the Bernina Express on the way back (check out man in seat 61!).

If governments advise against travel, insurance will kick in in, otherwise, we lose around £500 if we decide not to go because of current fears because, as things stand, railway companies (TGV, Frecciarossa, ETR) only refund 80%, Eurostar charge for changes/ refunds. Hotels can be cancelled any time without penalty.
Flybe. on 16:37 - Mar 5 with 1336 viewsderbyhoop

Should we travel less to save the planet?
Find less polluting ways of travelling?
Use the trains/buses more?
Get fit by cycling? Works in cities, but not if you live 20 miles out inthe sticks with no buses,no trains.

Certainly some of the regional airports will struggle without Flybe.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Flybe. on 16:54 - Mar 5 with 1317 viewsstowmarketrange

Flybe. on 16:04 - Mar 5 by HantsR

Yes, we hope so too, but not looking too good at the moment is it? The Alpine scenery looks fantastic, weather permitting and we're taking the Bernina Express on the way back (check out man in seat 61!).

If governments advise against travel, insurance will kick in in, otherwise, we lose around £500 if we decide not to go because of current fears because, as things stand, railway companies (TGV, Frecciarossa, ETR) only refund 80%, Eurostar charge for changes/ refunds. Hotels can be cancelled any time without penalty.

The rugby has now been cancelled so we should get a refund on those tickets,the hotel has been cancelled too,so if only we could get Michael O’Leary to agree to cancel the flight we’ll be laughing.
I won’t be holding my breath though.
Flybe. on 17:02 - Mar 5 with 1304 viewsted_hendrix

Flybe. on 14:40 - Mar 5 by essextaxiboy

I have made my living solely from driving people to the airports for 20 odd years . Recession , volcanoes, strikes, snow , storms and the Brexit uncertainty have not affected it anywhere like this has .
I was planning to pack it in after the summer , but after the month I have just had I may as well do it now .

Cant be exactly sure of the dates (when it kicks in) but Southampton airport were due to start refusing entry to taxi's unless they were either hybrid or electric.

Yep the times they are changing.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Flybe. on 19:38 - Mar 5 with 1166 viewssmegma

Flybe. on 13:41 - Mar 5 by davman

How do I get to Reykjavik in September, walk , cycle, horse or swim ??
Flybe. on 20:36 - Mar 5 with 1099 viewsgobbles

Flybe. on 19:38 - Mar 5 by smegma

How do I get to Reykjavik in September, walk , cycle, horse or swim ??

Longboat, obviously
Flybe. on 20:48 - Mar 5 with 1079 viewsNorthantsHoop

Government needs to grow some bollocks and step in for the short time and save the domestic routes and regional airports and the jobs that go with them. No point in extolling the virtues of Brexit, if even in the transition period they can't support routes and airports that serve transport hubs in the UK only. Ditch the European routes get the UK air routes functioning as it will take years for the rail infrastructure to plug the gaps.
Flybe. on 12:04 - Mar 6 with 877 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Flybe. on 14:29 - Mar 5 by Northernr

Isn't the general consensus on this that Beardy Branson, having failed to secure his favourite thing - a taxpayer funded subsidy for a private business -, will just hoover the proitable flybe routes up for Virgin local?

I read something earlier that said Virgin were part of three parties that paid a total of £1m to keep the ailing Flybe afloat. Allegedly, Flybe had four slots at Heathrow and Virgin took them over and as the cost of a slot is just under £10m, they effectively got £40m worth of air slots for £333k.

If true, shifty so-and-sos!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Flybe. on 17:17 - Mar 6 with 801 viewshubble

Never mind Flybe, this media induced panic over what is basically flu FFS is killing my brother's rail travel business. Are the government going to compensate him?. Are they f*ck. The media and governments are complicit in turning this into a crisis, when it's truly nothing of the sort. I walked through Paddington an hour ago and it was practically empty, on a Friday afternoon. Feckin media and feckin people acting like sheep. Ridiculous.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024