Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maradonna film 10:11 - Mar 22 with 5051 viewsloftboy

Anyone else watch this last night? Didn’t realise he was so close to the mafia.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Maradonna film on 11:07 - Mar 22 with 3216 viewsNoDiddley

For how good he was, I can’t stand the cheating c unt
Maradonna film on 12:10 - Mar 22 with 3147 viewsBoston

Maradonna film on 11:07 - Mar 22 by NoDiddley

For how good he was, I can’t stand the cheating c unt

I quite enjoyed Get into the Groove when it was released.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Maradonna film on 12:51 - Mar 22 with 3089 viewsNoelmc

I found it fascinating.

He was some player. When you see some of the 'tackles' defenders put in on him, most of which would be straight reds today, he was super talented.

Imagine if he was playing today, with VAR also protecting him from the off the ball stuff too.

Also very interesting how such a valuable asset was given so little protection from the media and often put his foot in it with them. it was a completely different footballing world then.

Watching the impact he made on his home country, it finally made sense to me why Ale Faurlin had the Maradonna tatoo.
Maradonna film on 12:53 - Mar 22 with 3081 viewsdenhamhoop2

Some of the challenges on him were outrageous just cannot imagine Messi singing a song with his teammates how good he was
Maradonna film on 13:01 - Mar 22 with 3055 views2Thomas2Bowles

The only time I have seen him live was 1980 Friendly - England v. Argentina

He came out on his own before the game and for 20 mins just doing tricks, just a amazing

Full game here E-3- A-1 DM did not score.

[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 13:06]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Maradonna film on 13:30 - Mar 22 with 3004 viewsDannyPaddox

I don’t get to the cinema much but I saw this at BAFTA last year. I was thinking it’ll probably be good but only in a sort of glorified Football Focus montage sort of way. As soon as the Giorgio Moroder track kicked in over the super-8 footage of him driving from the airport to the Napoli ground I was hooked. What a fantastic film. No exaggeration to compare the story to a Shakespeare play or a Greek Tragedy. When I left the cinema all I wanted to do was kick a football, snort quality beak, and shag prostitutes. I settled for a couple of pints of London Pride in the pub across the road with a mate.

Days later in my local explaining how engrossing the film was one of the regulars said, “How could you go and watch a film about that cheating sweaty corn-beef faced Argie c*nt!?” Well I was quite taken aback I can tell you. I guess Maradona’s a marmite character and yes that bloke does read The Sun.

ps: ah I forgot I was at that England Argentina game.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 13:34]
Maradonna film on 13:46 - Mar 22 with 2957 viewsNov77

I went to ossie ardilles testimonial at spurs just to see Maradona play.
Seeing him and Hoddle linking up was
Still a cheat though.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Maradonna film on 13:55 - Mar 22 with 2934 viewsDannyPaddox

Borderline songs you always turn off thread but what a joy to watch.
Login to get fewer ads

Maradonna film on 13:58 - Mar 22 with 2917 views2Thomas2Bowles

I never saw it as cheating, if it were an English player who would care blame the officials and the other goal was brilliant.

86 A great shot of an England flag with Queens Park Rangers on it and Fenwick giving DM a few wacks.

Maradonna film on 14:21 - Mar 22 with 2881 viewskensalriser

Excellent film. Even Mrs Kensalriser, who is about as interested in football as I am in the fortunes of the Chelsea Football Club junior tiddlywinks league, was engrossed.

Brilliant footballer, indisputably one of the best ever. Yes, a flawed character, but that's people. In the end I felt sad for him, the fame just chewed him up and spat him out. It was very poignant that he knew getting out of Napoli was best for him and a credit to him that when they wouldn't let him go he carried on putting in performances. That wouldn't happen today - when Ronaldo wanted to move, he moved.

The handball goal. So do we hate Marcus Bean too? Or all the other QPR players who've gained an advantage by cheating? No, we think it hilariously funny when the gain is ours.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Maradonna film on 14:35 - Mar 22 with 2832 viewsDiscodroids

I missed it but always found this short video fascinating..

The story of CLaudio Gentille v Maradonna. italy v argentina 1982 world cup.

[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 14:36]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Maradonna film on 14:40 - Mar 22 with 2807 viewsjoe90

Watched it in the cinema when it came out, thought it was excellent.

I'm too young to remember Mardonna in his prime, so most of what I've seen of him has been from highlights/documentaries over the years.

The 'hand of god' game has to be one of the greatest games ever despite England losing. Some of the hits he took were outrageous, and to then go and score the most infamous and greatest goals in one game...legendary status achieved right there!

Mardonna was tough in a way players aren't today and to still be able to play that way, wow.
Maradonna film on 14:46 - Mar 22 with 2778 viewsquickpassrotter

All English supporters will hate him for that ''Hand of God'' moment. I certainly did. Most will then have forgotten about the other goal in that match that he scored - one of the best ever in any World Cup. I do think that he is the best players that I have ever seen, and arguably the best ever. An incredible conundrum of a guy. He hit the peaks as a player at Napoli. Dragged a pretty average team, game after game, over the line to win their first Serie A, practically single-handed with absolutely zero protection from referees - as it has been pointed out by several on this post - the punishment he took was pure brutality. He also was not a selfish player and was a great leader. Actually, that 1986 Argentina World Cup winning squad was pretty average too I think - it was Maradona that made the difference. Outside of the game he went completely off the rails as we know, and so many vultures took advantage of him. On the pitch - he contributed wonderfully to the beautiful game.
Maradonna film on 15:09 - Mar 22 with 2729 viewsfrancisbowles

I went to a Copa Libertadores game at La Bombernera in 2003.

The atmosphere was electric, Boca fans singing nonstop throughout the first half. After a very brief pause when the ht whistle went, they realised Maradona was in the stadium, (I could see him from the opposite stand, a very big man at that time). They then went into an homage of songs to their 'god' and never stopped from then until after the final whistle.

It was a cracking game as well with great goals especially the opposition (Barcelona of Ecuador's consolation which made play of the day on CNN)

Maradonna film on 15:19 - Mar 22 with 2703 viewsMiss_Terraces

Maradonna film on 14:35 - Mar 22 by Discodroids

I missed it but always found this short video fascinating..

The story of CLaudio Gentille v Maradonna. italy v argentina 1982 world cup.

[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 14:36]

Just watched it on catch up. Diego Maradona, channel 4

I absolutely hated him as an 11year old. I have never felt more cheated in my life. I think that's the single biggest reason why I can't accept the dark arts. Cheating is cheating.
I don't care about the cocaine, he took it to escape rather than cheat.
He is without doubt, the greatest player I will ever see live. Even if it only was on TV

I was 7, wrong world cup. I've been thinking about the 90 one all day, beautiful
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 22:14]

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Maradonna film on 15:30 - Mar 22 with 2673 viewsngbqpr

Maradonna film on 13:01 - Mar 22 by 2Thomas2Bowles

The only time I have seen him live was 1980 Friendly - England v. Argentina

He came out on his own before the game and for 20 mins just doing tricks, just a amazing

Full game here E-3- A-1 DM did not score.

[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 13:06]

I was at that. Who'd have thought the world champs & their new boy wonder would be outshone by...er...David Johnson.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Maradonna film on 15:35 - Mar 22 with 2641 views2Thomas2Bowles

Maradonna film on 15:19 - Mar 22 by Miss_Terraces

Just watched it on catch up. Diego Maradona, channel 4

I absolutely hated him as an 11year old. I have never felt more cheated in my life. I think that's the single biggest reason why I can't accept the dark arts. Cheating is cheating.
I don't care about the cocaine, he took it to escape rather than cheat.
He is without doubt, the greatest player I will ever see live. Even if it only was on TV

I was 7, wrong world cup. I've been thinking about the 90 one all day, beautiful
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 22:14]

If you just judge him as a footballer on the pitch then Yes probably. maybe... Grrrrr the greatest.

Maradonna film on 16:13 - Mar 22 with 2572 viewssmegma

Maradonna film on 14:21 - Mar 22 by kensalriser

Excellent film. Even Mrs Kensalriser, who is about as interested in football as I am in the fortunes of the Chelsea Football Club junior tiddlywinks league, was engrossed.

Brilliant footballer, indisputably one of the best ever. Yes, a flawed character, but that's people. In the end I felt sad for him, the fame just chewed him up and spat him out. It was very poignant that he knew getting out of Napoli was best for him and a credit to him that when they wouldn't let him go he carried on putting in performances. That wouldn't happen today - when Ronaldo wanted to move, he moved.

The handball goal. So do we hate Marcus Bean too? Or all the other QPR players who've gained an advantage by cheating? No, we think it hilariously funny when the gain is ours.

HUGE difference. Marcus Bean didn't intend to do it, he was falling over in the goalmouth when he made contact.
Maradonna film on 16:15 - Mar 22 with 2563 viewssmegma

Maradonna film on 13:58 - Mar 22 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I never saw it as cheating, if it were an English player who would care blame the officials and the other goal was brilliant.

86 A great shot of an England flag with Queens Park Rangers on it and Fenwick giving DM a few wacks.

You never saw it as cheating ???
Maradonna film on 16:25 - Mar 22 with 2537 viewsNoelmc

Maradonna film on 16:15 - Mar 22 by smegma

You never saw it as cheating ???

Still think Shilton should have taken the ball and then him and there would be no debate on the cheating. He should never have been out jumped by Maradonna even using a bent arm to gain an advantage.
Maradonna film on 16:28 - Mar 22 with 2526 viewsNoelmc

Maradonna film on 13:58 - Mar 22 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I’m still convinced Fenwick would have taken him down in his run for the second goal if he had not already been booked.
Maradonna film on 16:31 - Mar 22 with 2518 viewsizlingtonhoop

Maradonna film on 14:21 - Mar 22 by kensalriser

Strange how proportionally so many of the most gifted players are 'flawed characters'. Maybe it comes with the territory, some different way of thinking. I'unno...

Best, Gazza, Stan, Frank Worthington straight off the top of my head.
Maradonna film on 16:36 - Mar 22 with 2496 viewstraininvain

It’s difficult to measure Maradona against modern footballers as the overall quality, fitness etc has invariably improved.

But the conclusion I came to after watching the Maradona film is that he was a similar player to Messi (in terms of how much better he was than his peers) with a similar mindset to Ronaldo (Portuguese as opposed to Brazilian) in terms of his desire to win at all costs.

For example, I’m a big fan of Messi but can’t help but think that Maradona would’ve seen Argentina over the line if he’d been playing in the 2018 World Cup final.

Basically the complete player and the best of all time in my view.
Maradonna film on 16:40 - Mar 22 with 2484 viewsToast_R

The best player of all time in my opinion. In todays game with the officiating, pitches and nutrition, he would be untouchable.

He won a world cup with Argentina and a Serie a with Napoli, neither teams would have even got close without him in the team.

Sadly though like all geniuses in sport, he had major flaws in his personality which attracts all the wrong people.
Maradonna film on 16:42 - Mar 22 with 2477 viewsToast_R

Maradonna film on 16:31 - Mar 22 by izlingtonhoop

Strange how proportionally so many of the most gifted players are 'flawed characters'. Maybe it comes with the territory, some different way of thinking. I'unno...

Best, Gazza, Stan, Frank Worthington straight off the top of my head.

So many, Gazza, Best, Taarabt, Maradona, Mike Tyson to name a few.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024