Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report 19:57 - Dec 13 with 3316 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/53663

This post has been edited by an administrator
Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 20:20 - Dec 13 with 2662 viewsNoelmc

Thanks Clive. Very good summing up of yesterday. I’m with you on the fine margins, but worry that confidence is falling fast as we continue to lose games that we deserve points from. Something needs to change quickly or we will be in for a relegation battle, which we are poorly equipped to deal with.
Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 21:48 - Dec 13 with 2436 viewsAntti_Heinola

perfect sum-up Clive.
Was amazing to be there, but the same old frustrations.
It is abundantly clear now that a DM, a big one, under 32, is desperately needed. We are so lacking there it's untrue.
Wonder if Warbs will be given funds, and time, to fix this. Might depend on results this week.

Bare bones.

Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 22:40 - Dec 13 with 2330 viewsdaveB

mate of mine went and said he thought the team were all playing in their own zones like a chess game, players rarely seemed to come out of those zones and move to create problems and it became very easy to defend against. I hadn't noticed that on tv to be honest but he said it was annoying the hell out of him in the second half
Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 23:05 - Dec 13 with 2285 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 22:40 - Dec 13 by daveB

mate of mine went and said he thought the team were all playing in their own zones like a chess game, players rarely seemed to come out of those zones and move to create problems and it became very easy to defend against. I hadn't noticed that on tv to be honest but he said it was annoying the hell out of him in the second half

I think there's truth in that, Dave.

Last year we had Eze who knew how and when to break through, and for awhile we also had BOS driving at the oppo before he got double-marked/sussed/lazy.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 23:35 - Dec 13 with 2236 viewsMyke

Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 23:05 - Dec 13 by BrianMcCarthy

I think there's truth in that, Dave.

Last year we had Eze who knew how and when to break through, and for awhile we also had BOS driving at the oppo before he got double-marked/sussed/lazy.

We also had Manning who knew how to cross the bloody ball
Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 23:37 - Dec 13 with 2235 viewsnix

Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 21:48 - Dec 13 by Antti_Heinola

perfect sum-up Clive.
Was amazing to be there, but the same old frustrations.
It is abundantly clear now that a DM, a big one, under 32, is desperately needed. We are so lacking there it's untrue.
Wonder if Warbs will be given funds, and time, to fix this. Might depend on results this week.

Totally agree Antti. DM is a massive hole. No ones doing enough of the donkey work, tackling, closing space, covering for fullbacks who are out of position, recycling possession, closing down shots just outside the penalty area. All the donkey work we don't notice but makes your defence look much more solid and provides an outlet for them going forward as well.

Amos was a big loss, and I still think Luongo was a much bigger loss than people thought at the time. It's a bit like a goalie that commands the area and comes for crosses etc. You don't notice it so much when it doesn't happen except that it makes your defence look much worse as they're more exposed.
Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 08:17 - Dec 14 with 1982 viewsstevec

Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 22:40 - Dec 13 by daveB

This is true. Only Chair and BOS know how to take the game to the opposition and one of them looks thoroughly pissed off having to do it.

Their dual BLM goal demo at Millwall wasn’t just that. They know they’re carrying the team and the team know they’re carrying it.
Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 09:30 - Dec 14 with 1890 viewsPinnerPaul

Just watched/listened to the EFL highlights on the offy and listening to the commentary you wouldn't think it was the same game as those on here watched.

" Good spell of pressure from QPR"

"One way traffic"

"QPR have completely dominated"

"Reading have shown nothing in attack"

All about the result I guess.
Login to get fewer ads

Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 10:01 - Dec 14 with 1855 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 09:30 - Dec 14 by PinnerPaul

Just watched/listened to the EFL highlights on the offy and listening to the commentary you wouldn't think it was the same game as those on here watched.

"One way traffic"

Very fair point, Paul.

We certainly played well for large periods.

Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 10:12 - Dec 14 with 1832 viewsfrancisbowles

I don't want him to go as I don't want the tear it up and start again scenario.

However, the club, the manager and the players cannot go into the second half of the season, in poor form and in a relegation battle.

A decision needs to be made soon, before the transfer window window opens on the 2nd January.

Either they have a replacement lined up or they give him a six or twelve month extension.
Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 11:07 - Dec 14 with 1768 viewsNorthernr

Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 09:30 - Dec 14 by PinnerPaul

"One way traffic"

That commentary is dubbed onto a highlights package afterwards. They don't get to see the whole game, just the 10 minutes which is cut back to two, so they've no feel for how the game went as a whole. I suspect if you click around a few Championship highlights packages from the weekend it'll be the same guy commentating.

I did have a refereeing question thought. At one point first half Cameron committed a foul through which an advantage was played. The referee then returned to speak to him, but no card. I was under the impression, since Dickie escaped at Blackburn, that the rule this year is it's either an advantage or a yellow card, but it can't be both - you can't return to book a player after they've played on through the foul. If that is the case, can you have a look at Ralls' first yellow in the Cardiff Swansea game at the weekend and explain how that's a thing please...

Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 11:16 - Dec 14 with 1753 viewsQPROslo

Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 10:01 - Dec 14 by BrianMcCarthy

Very fair point, Paul.

I thought we were excellent the first 70 odd minutes with both Carroll and Cameron very good, covering the back 4, winning the ball, linking, and setting up attacks, with some lovely passing. As so often there was little finish in terms of decent balls into the box, and shots. We played well till in and around their goal area, but rarely threatened their Keeper, other than the 2 shots from Chair.
Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 11:24 - Dec 14 with 1740 viewsAntti_Heinola

"One way traffic"

I mean, this is the thing. We are all jaded, pessimistic, disappointed. But objectively speaking, we were easily the better side first half, we restricted a good, free-scoring team to two shots on target (one a free kick) and, again, should have won the game. If that comes in the middle of a ten game run with a few wins in it, we shrug our shoulders, curse our luck and move on. In this context, though, it's a familiar failure. Everyone at the game was saying we're going to concede late on - it almost becomes a self-fulfillng prophecy.
We need to snap out of it. We need some wins. Fast.

Bare bones.

Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 12:04 - Dec 14 with 1697 viewsParkRoyalR

Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 08:17 - Dec 14 by stevec

This is true. Only Chair and BOS know how to take the game to the opposition and one of them looks thoroughly pissed off having to do it.

Their dual BLM goal demo at Millwall wasn’t just that. They know they’re carrying the team and the team know they’re carrying it.

Not wishing to be contrary, but believe those two have been the most over rated players by our fan-base since Conor Washington and BFG.

Eze carried those two last season (he's even got Zaha smiling and Benteke scoring now!), since Eze left they have struggled to consistently impose themselves on games, with one being above average every other game (Chair) and the other being outstanding in two halves of football in last six or so games (BOS).

If we are relying on them to carry us this season, week in week out, based on performances I have seen to date, we will be relegated.
Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 12:12 - Dec 14 with 1683 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 11:16 - Dec 14 by QPROslo

I thought we were excellent the first 70 odd minutes with both Carroll and Cameron very good, covering the back 4, winning the ball, linking, and setting up attacks, with some lovely passing. As so often there was little finish in terms of decent balls into the box, and shots. We played well till in and around their goal area, but rarely threatened their Keeper, other than the 2 shots from Chair.

I thought we were quiet for nearly all of the second half, Oslo.

Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 12:49 - Dec 14 with 1593 viewsgigiisourgod

Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 11:07 - Dec 14 by Northernr

That commentary is dubbed onto a highlights package afterwards. They don't get to see the whole game, just the 10 minutes which is cut back to two, so they've no feel for how the game went as a whole. I suspect if you click around a few Championship highlights packages from the weekend it'll be the same guy commentating.

I did have a refereeing question thought. At one point first half Cameron committed a foul through which an advantage was played. The referee then returned to speak to him, but no card. I was under the impression, since Dickie escaped at Blackburn, that the rule this year is it's either an advantage or a yellow card, but it can't be both - you can't return to book a player after they've played on through the foul. If that is the case, can you have a look at Ralls' first yellow in the Cardiff Swansea game at the weekend and explain how that's a thing please...

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/controversial-cardiff
[Post edited 14 Dec 2020 12:50]
Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 13:12 - Dec 14 with 1557 viewsPinnerPaul

Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 10:01 - Dec 14 by BrianMcCarthy

Very fair point, Paul.

He even said at one point " You wouldn't know what team was near the top and what team was near the bottom"

I guess the reaction on here is a cumulative effect of our fairly mediocre (in terms of results) season so far.
Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 13:14 - Dec 14 with 1554 viewsswitchingcode

Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 10:12 - Dec 14 by francisbowles

I don't want him to go as I don't want the tear it up and start again scenario.

However, the club, the manager and the players cannot go into the second half of the season, in poor form and in a relegation battle.

A decision needs to be made soon, before the transfer window window opens on the 2nd January.

Either they have a replacement lined up or they give him a six or twelve month extension.

Looking fron the outside you can’t go into the second half of a season with the mangers contract running down.The next 2 winnable games will decide the outcome I expect.
Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 13:22 - Dec 14 with 1530 viewsPinnerPaul

Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 11:07 - Dec 14 by Northernr

First paragraph - yes I realise that, but I would hope/think he would have some notes from the producer who put the package together - who obviously would have seen/logged whole game - but I agree with the general point - you certainly get a completely different feel to any game over 90' v a highlights edit.

2nd point - haven't seen the Cardiff/Swansea incident and will explain the subtly behind the law change, if it doesn't answer your question, let me know and I'll watch it.

Background - If you play advantage on a denying an obvious goalscoring chance, and the fouled player recovers to score or still has GS chance, then you can only go back and book the player, not send off, as the opportunity was not 'denied' in the end.

Sooooo the IFAB decided that if a defender attempted or made a foul challenge that 'broke up a promising attack' but the attacker got away, advantage played and the attack continued then it was unfair to caution the offender, following the same logic for the non red card.

Nearly there, however, if referee decides the challenge was 'reckless' and deserved a yellow card, then advantage or not, attack continues or not, then that's still a yellow.

Same as if the DOGSO challenge was considered 'excessive force' you can still go back and issue a red, like you can in the penalty area for an 'excessive force' challenge, whether DOGSO or not.

Does that answer the question - and I'll apologise on our behalf for the 98% of our readers who reading this who thought " What????!!!! Next"
Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 13:24 - Dec 14 with 1525 viewsPinnerPaul

Agree with that Dave, but would add an 'S' to team - they looked, for the most part, even less threatening than us.
Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 13:26 - Dec 14 with 1524 viewsPinnerPaul

Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 23:35 - Dec 13 by Myke

We also had Manning who knew how to cross the bloody ball

But not defend/track back, which meant we had that run of 3-2, 2-3, 3-4s etc - entertaining, but still frustrating!
Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 13:31 - Dec 14 with 1505 viewsPinnerPaul

Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 12:04 - Dec 14 by ParkRoyalR

Not wishing to be contrary, but believe those two have been the most over rated players by our fan-base since Conor Washington and BFG.

Eze carried those two last season (he's even got Zaha smiling and Benteke scoring now!), since Eze left they have struggled to consistently impose themselves on games, with one being above average every other game (Chair) and the other being outstanding in two halves of football in last six or so games (BOS).

If we are relying on them to carry us this season, week in week out, based on performances I have seen to date, we will be relegated.

Bentake scored in ONE game - take it all back if he scores again before Xmas, but don't think he will!

Joy to see Eze now starting games and having a big influence.

MOTD2 commentator called him a 'terrific signing' yesterday.

I assume we have some add ons/sell on clauses in place - hope so anyway!
Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 13:40 - Dec 14 with 1485 viewsMick_S

Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 13:31 - Dec 14 by PinnerPaul

Bentake scored in ONE game - take it all back if he scores again before Xmas, but don't think he will!

I think I saw Benteke smile a few days ago. Might have imagined it.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 13:49 - Dec 14 with 1452 viewsParkRoyalR

Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 13:31 - Dec 14 by PinnerPaul

Pundits and Palace fans alike are raving about how Eze has rejuvenated Benteke (2 goals in last few games, albeit against 10 man WBA, as opposed to 3 in 60 odd prior to Eze) and taken all the pressure off Zaha

Saying his give + go' play to Benteke around the box plays to his strengths etc - this is what Dykes needs - a No 10 who will pass, move and play-off / with him and a Winger who can cross early, not someone who does the hokey-kokey before passing the ball.

I appreciate we are on a totally different planet budget wise but Eze / Zaha / Benteke are similar types to Chair / BOS / Dykes and we need to work on this on the training ground.

Although when a players DNA is head-down or they have'nt got the natural ball control needed at this level it is difficult to coach - but I'd like to see them try!
Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 13:52 - Dec 14 with 1443 viewsPinnerPaul

Olise's late strike ruins return of crowd to Loftus Road - Report on 13:49 - Dec 14 by ParkRoyalR

Pundits and Palace fans alike are raving about how Eze has rejuvenated Benteke (2 goals in last few games, albeit against 10 man WBA, as opposed to 3 in 60 odd prior to Eze) and taken all the pressure off Zaha

Saying his give + go' play to Benteke around the box plays to his strengths etc - this is what Dykes needs - a No 10 who will pass, move and play-off / with him and a Winger who can cross early, not someone who does the hokey-kokey before passing the ball.

I appreciate we are on a totally different planet budget wise but Eze / Zaha / Benteke are similar types to Chair / BOS / Dykes and we need to work on this on the training ground.

Although when a players DNA is head-down or they have'nt got the natural ball control needed at this level it is difficult to coach - but I'd like to see them try!

Benteke - It was 2 goals in ONE game!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024