Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conor Masterson 20:52 - Jul 20 with 2049 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/masterson-my-eyes-lit-up/

From day one this kid has been humble and just about everything you would want a player to be here. Eze has been very similar.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Conor Masterson on 09:06 - Jul 21 with 1750 viewsEsox_Lucius

There was an interview with Chris Ramsey , I think, discussing the academy and one of the points that was made was that the club don't just look at prospects from a footballing perspective, they are also looking to see if they are "the right sort" of person to fit in at QPR too. This is in keeping with the new ethos at W12 and is admirable IMO.

The grass is always greener.

Conor Masterson on 09:41 - Jul 21 with 1668 viewsDannyPaddox

Conor Masterson on 09:06 - Jul 21 by Esox_Lucius

There was an interview with Chris Ramsey , I think, discussing the academy and one of the points that was made was that the club don't just look at prospects from a footballing perspective, they are also looking to see if they are "the right sort" of person to fit in at QPR too. This is in keeping with the new ethos at W12 and is admirable IMO.

Looking for good sorts in football is becoming the norm. A mate recently did some freelance work for a German-based moneyball company who reckon they’ve got a more accurate way of assessing a player’s market worth with the individual player’s background and character being an important factor. Clubs want more Marcus Rashford types and less Jordan Sancho’s (a wrong ‘un apparently).

Back to Conor Masterson. Would be so great to see this lad develop into a solid defender whilst in the blue and white hoops.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2020 9:42]
Conor Masterson on 09:49 - Jul 21 with 1635 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I've met a few people from his home place and he's hugely admired as a person.

The All Blacks 'Better People make Better All Blacks' motto has become a cliché and many people think of it now as somehow soft and snowflakey but it's a great maxim because it clearly distills two basic truths - better people work harder to improve themselves as players and also inspire others to improve themselves.

Rangers have been following this maxim for some time now - a hard thing to do while also trying to find financial bargains.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Conor Masterson on 03:46 - Jul 22 with 1366 viewstimcocking

Well done Conor, keep it up.
Conor Masterson on 17:43 - Jul 22 with 1135 viewsgazza1

Comes across as a good lad.......got a chance of making it if he keeps his head in the right place. Plays like CB should do nowadays, he can pass the ball and play football.
Conor Masterson on 17:49 - Jul 22 with 1120 viewsNorthernr

Big hopes. And it's nice to see us developing an excellent young boy who doesn't want to play 'ten'.
Conor Masterson on 18:02 - Jul 22 with 1076 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Conor Masterson on 17:49 - Jul 22 by Northernr

Big hopes. And it's nice to see us developing an excellent young boy who doesn't want to play 'ten'.

It's a shame that he'll have a truncated off-season in a way. His next step might have been an S&C course in the off-season followed by the type of rest that only an off-season gives. He needs to work on his leg strength (particularly for jumping) but also his running style to add balance and pace, and upper body to aid holding off attackers.

It'll all come, though, injuries permitting. New contract probably this Summer as well.

Conor Masterson on 18:03 - Jul 22 with 1073 viewsNorthernr

Conor Masterson on 18:02 - Jul 22 by BrianMcCarthy

It's a shame that he'll have a truncated off-season in a way. His next step might have been an S&C course in the off-season followed by the type of rest that only an off-season gives. He needs to work on his leg strength (particularly for jumping) but also his running style to add balance and pace, and upper body to aid holding off attackers.

It'll all come, though, injuries permitting. New contract probably this Summer as well.

Oh God not the contract. Please tell me he's signed up for eight years?
Login to get fewer ads

Conor Masterson on 18:40 - Jul 22 with 1004 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Conor Masterson on 18:03 - Jul 22 by Northernr

Oh God not the contract. Please tell me he's signed up for eight years?

I'm sure he had at least a 2+1. I wouldn't worry. But he's due an upgrade.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024