Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton on Today 19:34 - Oct 3 with 2192 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Maybe a tad rose-tinted but generally fair enough. we did create far more than them. Just maybe missed turning those attacks into clear-cut chances.
https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/warburton-reflects-on-qpr-draw/

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warburton on Today on 19:36 - Oct 3 with 2166 viewsbosh67

I think his comment about belief in front of goal when we get in good positions is right.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Warburton on Today on 19:43 - Oct 3 with 2109 viewsHunterhoop

Yeah, very rose tinted. But I think he’s trying to encourage the players.

I thought we played poorly, but at the same time, the first half showed that we are a better football team than Wednesday, so my assessment is based on the fact I think we’re better but played poorly; we didn’t play near our potential.

Agree Dickie was very good, and Dieng, BOS, and Kakay. But we have a big problem in the centre of the pitch.

Go to the match report below and look at the stats analysis.

https://www.skysports.com/football/sheff-wed-vs-qpr/429750

Pretty even all round, but noticeable how duels and aerial duels we lost on both counts comfortably. Given the attack and defence stats look similar, I’d wager the bulk of those duels (and the duels lost) were in the middle of the park. Amos lost several, as did Cameron, Chair too. Carroll ptobsbly did but I can’t recall any.

But we need a bit more physicality in there. If Amos and Carroll were helping us play beautiful flowing attacking football, fine, but if not, I’m not sure we can accommodate both. Equally I would really like to see Ball in there over Cameron, and against big physical sides, maybe both. We weren’t playing giants today but Luongo won almost everything and he and Bannan dominated the middle of the pitch, but we had the better attacking players.

I wouldn’t mind another physical central midfielder before the window, but if we don’t get one, I just don’t think Cameron, Carroll, Amos quote works in the middle.
Warburton on Today on 19:48 - Oct 3 with 2076 viewsHunterhoop

Warburton on Today on 19:36 - Oct 3 by bosh67

I think his comment about belief in front of goal when we get in good positions is right.

Agree.

Dykes doesn’t quite look match sharp to me in the box. He’s not near to getting on the end of things. Perhaps he’s not yet built that understanding with his teammates about the runs to make. Perhaps it is confidence?

But I want to see him have a few shots, whenever the opportunity presents, even if he’s 30 yards out. Just have a go.

I like his hold up play and link up game. He’s been very close to setting up a great move and 1-1 for a teammate. That will definitely come. Just feels he needs a few shots in anger, let alone an open play goal.
Warburton on Today on 19:54 - Oct 3 with 2039 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warburton on Today on 19:43 - Oct 3 by Hunterhoop

I thought we played poorly, but at the same time, the first half showed that we are a better football team than Wednesday, so my assessment is based on the fact I think we’re better but played poorly; we didn’t play near our potential.

Agree Dickie was very good, and Dieng, BOS, and Kakay. But we have a big problem in the centre of the pitch.

Pretty even all round, but noticeable how duels and aerial duels we lost on both counts comfortably. Given the attack and defence stats look similar, I’d wager the bulk of those duels (and the duels lost) were in the middle of the park. Amos lost several, as did Cameron, Chair too. Carroll ptobsbly did but I can’t recall any.

But we need a bit more physicality in there. If Amos and Carroll were helping us play beautiful flowing attacking football, fine, but if not, I’m not sure we can accommodate both. Equally I would really like to see Ball in there over Cameron, and against big physical sides, maybe both. We weren’t playing giants today but Luongo won almost everything and he and Bannan dominated the middle of the pitch, but we had the better attacking players.

I wouldn’t mind another physical central midfielder before the window, but if we don’t get one, I just don’t think Cameron, Carroll, Amos quote works in the middle.

I agree about ball over Cameron, generally. Worth noting that Cameron did a right job on Freeman in the Forest game but I rate Ball highly and I think he should be in the team.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warburton on Today on 20:21 - Oct 3 with 1948 viewsrsonist

Warburton on Today on 19:43 - Oct 3 by Hunterhoop

Not to say its uneccessary but I'm sure MW would quite rightly rather we played through the midfield with quick, incisive, vertical football and fluid positioning instead of having to have it come down to winning duels. But as you say, wasn't happening today.
Warburton on Today on 20:27 - Oct 3 with 1921 viewsrsonist

Warburton on Today on 19:48 - Oct 3 by Hunterhoop

Agree.

Dykes doesn’t quite look match sharp to me in the box. He’s not near to getting on the end of things. Perhaps he’s not yet built that understanding with his teammates about the runs to make. Perhaps it is confidence?

But I want to see him have a few shots, whenever the opportunity presents, even if he’s 30 yards out. Just have a go.

I like his hold up play and link up game. He’s been very close to setting up a great move and 1-1 for a teammate. That will definitely come. Just feels he needs a few shots in anger, let alone an open play goal.

If we're grasping at straws like taking 30 yard shots in anger then I think we're answering our own question about what we can have reasonably expected Dykes to have done with what he's been given so far.
Warburton on Today on 20:41 - Oct 3 with 1868 viewsHunterhoop

Warburton on Today on 20:27 - Oct 3 by rsonist

If we're grasping at straws like taking 30 yard shots in anger then I think we're answering our own question about what we can have reasonably expected Dykes to have done with what he's been given so far.

Oh yeah, agree. Don’t think he’s been presented any real chances, although there have been a couple of crosses today and prior games where I don’t think he’s anticipated the cross in well.

I like him. Want him to do well, just can’t recall more than a couple of shots at goal in open play from out no.9 in all 4 games. Would like him up that, even if it means a few speculative efforts. You don’t shoot, you won’t score.
Warburton on Today on 20:50 - Oct 3 with 1821 viewsPhilmyRs

Warburton on Today on 20:41 - Oct 3 by Hunterhoop

Oh yeah, agree. Don’t think he’s been presented any real chances, although there have been a couple of crosses today and prior games where I don’t think he’s anticipated the cross in well.

I like him. Want him to do well, just can’t recall more than a couple of shots at goal in open play from out no.9 in all 4 games. Would like him up that, even if it means a few speculative efforts. You don’t shoot, you won’t score.

Warbs doesn’t allow speculative shots. Sure I’ve read/heard him go on about not wanting shots from outside the box which have low percentage of success so may be more to do with instructions from the manager than inability to deliver. Like you, I want him to shoot more, Ideally develop that Charlie Austin greediness to get a shot away. Interestingly, thought the new signing had that strikers instinct/hunger for goals. We shall see.
Login to get fewer ads

Warburton on Today on 20:54 - Oct 3 with 1794 viewskensalriser

Aren't all shots speculative?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Warburton on Today on 22:35 - Oct 3 with 1613 viewsstainrods_elbow

Warburton on Today on 20:54 - Oct 3 by kensalriser

His penalty v Forest wasn't - it was a bloody guided missile!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Warburton on Today on 22:53 - Oct 3 with 1538 viewslightwaterhoop

Warburton on Today on 20:54 - Oct 3 by kensalriser

Depends who's taking them and when and where their taking them from.
Warburton on Today on 23:28 - Oct 3 with 1437 viewsMyke

I'm not surprised that Cameron has started the first four games, seeing as he has just being installed as captain and we have only being playing once a week. But I am surprised that Ball is not getting more game time, However, I think that will change, as we have quite a glut of games after the International break
Warburton on Today on 02:26 - Oct 4 with 1265 viewscharmr

He’s doing his best with a very average set of players.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 2:29]
Warburton on Today on 03:08 - Oct 4 with 1229 viewstimcocking

Warburton on Today on 02:26 - Oct 4 by charmr

He’s doing his best with a very average set of players.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 2:29]

This.

We look to be lacking a little creativity in the middle of the park. The likes of Carroll, Amos, Cameron obviously reasonable defensive players, but i don't see them creating too much.

Dykes hard to judge thus far. He seems a bit...static and ponderous, still early days.

Amos, next chance you get, put your fcuking foot through the ball mate. Try to side foot in a volley like he did, turned a half decent chance into a virtual impossibility, completely the wrong technique used on that, not for the first time.

Ps Barbet developing a pretty good goal scoring record. More goals than completed passes, he just needs to work on scoring in the other team's goal instead (not blaming him yesterday).
Warburton on Today on 09:20 - Oct 4 with 940 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton on Today on 20:50 - Oct 3 by PhilmyRs

Warbs doesn’t allow speculative shots. Sure I’ve read/heard him go on about not wanting shots from outside the box which have low percentage of success so may be more to do with instructions from the manager than inability to deliver. Like you, I want him to shoot more, Ideally develop that Charlie Austin greediness to get a shot away. Interestingly, thought the new signing had that strikers instinct/hunger for goals. We shall see.

Not just 'Warbs' - current belief is that possession is all, most coaches now want players to retain the ball if a realistic chance isn't on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024