Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Opposing racism in the beautiful game 15:02 - Feb 7 with 3098 viewsPeterS

https://www.facebook.com/events/159351219030700
Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 21:38 - Feb 7 with 1986 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good stuff Peter. Keep the pressure on. This is a weekly occurrence now. Good to see the FA coughing into action.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 09:33 - Feb 9 with 1834 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/08/english-football-is-consumed-by

Good article.

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 12:04 - Feb 9 with 1727 viewsSheffieldHoop

[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 18:57]

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 23:57 - Feb 9 with 1651 viewstimcocking

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 09:33 - Feb 9 by BrianMcCarthy

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/08/english-football-is-consumed-by

Good article.

Good article? Lmao. Biggest pile of bollocks imaginable i'd have said.
Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 00:15 - Feb 10 with 1633 viewsngbqpr

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 23:57 - Feb 9 by timcocking

Good article? Lmao. Biggest pile of bollocks imaginable i'd have said.

B0llocks? Why, exactly?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 11:06 - Feb 10 with 1529 viewsSheffieldHoop

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 00:15 - Feb 10 by ngbqpr

B0llocks? Why, exactly?

[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 16:01]

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 11:19 - Feb 10 with 1503 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 11:06 - Feb 10 by SheffieldHoop

Some good points, Sheffield.

I'd ignore the rather alarmist headline, though. That's the sub-editor's creation and not the journo's.

I actually think the article, while listing all of the recent racism and rightly making no excuse for it and providing stats to show that hate crime is incredibly high, concludes with optimism that football can rid itself of this, as (imho) it largely did in the 90's.

I think it's a very balanced article, all in all.

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 12:16 - Feb 10 with 1464 viewsAntti_Heinola

Does an alarm go off in Sheffield Hoop's house when someone posts an anti-racism message?
[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 12:19]

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 12:59 - Feb 10 with 1398 viewsgazza1

I think most of us, not all, have had well enough of the BLM stuff. The knee is working against it now imho.
Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 13:04 - Feb 10 with 1393 viewsSheffieldHoop

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 12:16 - Feb 10 by Antti_Heinola

Does an alarm go off in Sheffield Hoop's house when someone posts an anti-racism message?
[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 12:19]

[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 16:02]

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 13:12 - Feb 10 with 1371 viewsngbqpr

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 13:04 - Feb 10 by SheffieldHoop

What if one of our black players or coaches got the same kind of abuse BOS (at the time a QPR player) got? Ok to discuss "this stuff" then?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 13:13 - Feb 10 with 1368 viewsSheffieldHoop

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 11:19 - Feb 10 by BrianMcCarthy

Some good points, Sheffield.

I'd ignore the rather alarmist headline, though. That's the sub-editor's creation and not the journo's.

I actually think the article, while listing all of the recent racism and rightly making no excuse for it and providing stats to show that hate crime is incredibly high, concludes with optimism that football can rid itself of this, as (imho) it largely did in the 90's.

I think it's a very balanced article, all in all.

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 13:14 - Feb 10 with 1366 viewsDannyPaddox

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 13:04 - Feb 10 by SheffieldHoop

But it’s okay to spout your own ignorant and dangerous dribble-wÃ¥nk theories such as “everyone is irredeemably racist
Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 13:14 - Feb 10 with 1365 viewsSheffieldHoop

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 13:12 - Feb 10 by ngbqpr

What if one of our black players or coaches got the same kind of abuse BOS (at the time a QPR player) got? Ok to discuss "this stuff" then?

[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 18:57]

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 13:14 - Feb 10 with 1360 viewsSheffieldHoop

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 13:14 - Feb 10 by DannyPaddox

But it’s okay to spout your own ignorant and dangerous dribble-wÃ¥nk theories such as “everyone is irredeemably racist

Lmao that was said in a piss-taking way. Couldn't you tell?

"The reason it keeps happening is not that people keep giving them the reaction they want, it's because everyone is irredeemably racist."

[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 13:16]

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 13:29 - Feb 10 with 1320 viewsDannyPaddox

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 13:14 - Feb 10 by SheffieldHoop

Lmao that was said in a piss-taking way. Couldn't you tell?

"The reason it keeps happening is not that people keep giving them the reaction they want, it's because everyone is irredeemably racist."

[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 13:16]

No, I couldn’t tell.
Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 13:35 - Feb 10 with 1305 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 13:13 - Feb 10 by SheffieldHoop

"So what are the answers to these good points? What is this bloke actually writing this article for?"

Because he's a journalist, surely? And journalists are supposed to write about news events, and racist attacks are news events.

I don't understand the thinking (generally, not from you Sheffield) that we should stop discussing racism. Should we stop discussing war too? Or famine?

This journalist is doing what he can do by discussing it. If it changes people's minds and makes them less inclined towards racism, then he has done society a service. If he reminds us optimistically that football can conquer this, then he has given us hope, and I would thank him for that.

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 13:37 - Feb 10 with 1297 viewsSheffieldHoop

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 13:29 - Feb 10 by DannyPaddox

No, I couldn’t tell.

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 13:48 - Feb 10 with 1272 viewsDannyPaddox

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 13:37 - Feb 10 by SheffieldHoop

Not only do I not understand your dribble-wånk humour, your dribble-wånk theories, or your dribble-wånk posts, I find your slightly out of context use of emojis annoyingly incomprehensible too.

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 13:57 - Feb 10 with 1262 viewsloftboy

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 12:59 - Feb 10 by gazza1

I think most of us, not all, have had well enough of the BLM stuff. The knee is working against it now imho.

Which is exactly what Les Ferdinand said.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 14:00 - Feb 10 with 1255 viewsSheffieldHoop

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 13:57 - Feb 10 by loftboy

Precisely.

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 14:02 - Feb 10 with 1250 viewsSheffieldHoop

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 13:35 - Feb 10 by BrianMcCarthy

"So what are the answers to these good points? What is this bloke actually writing this article for?"

Because he's a journalist, surely? And journalists are supposed to write about news events, and racist attacks are news events.

I don't understand the thinking (generally, not from you Sheffield) that we should stop discussing racism. Should we stop discussing war too? Or famine?

This journalist is doing what he can do by discussing it. If it changes people's minds and makes them less inclined towards racism, then he has done society a service. If he reminds us optimistically that football can conquer this, then he has given us hope, and I would thank him for that.

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 14:04 - Feb 10 with 1248 viewsSheffieldHoop

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 13:48 - Feb 10 by DannyPaddox

Not only do I not understand your dribble-wånk humour, your dribble-wånk theories, or your dribble-wånk posts, I find your slightly out of context use of emojis annoyingly incomprehensible too.

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 14:14 - Feb 10 with 1226 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Les Ferdinand didn’t then go on to spend hours on a forum ranting about Marxists and BLM after saying how sick of it he was though did he? Also, Les Ferdinand’s record against racism extends a lot further than having a black ex girlfriend once.
Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 14:16 - Feb 10 with 1221 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Opposing racism in the beautiful game on 13:57 - Feb 10 by loftboy

And I personally agree with him.

But the stopping of the knee doesn't mean that we should stop calling out racism when we see it, imvho.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024