Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best and worst - Preview 07:47 - Apr 5 with 1347 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/54702
Best and worst - Preview on 09:36 - Apr 5 with 1116 viewsdaveB

This has the feel of disappointing defeat but hopefully I'm wrong
Best and worst - Preview on 10:25 - Apr 5 with 1036 viewsterryb

I may well regret this, but the football that we've played in the last two games has made me reach the decision to invest £10 to watch today.

I understand Clive, the not enjoying watching Rangers games. Even in '75/76 I only managed that a couple of times! That is why the '73/74 season under Jago was so good. In the top division playing good football, with no chance of winning the league or being relegated. Sit back & enjoy - Perfect!
Best and worst - Preview on 10:28 - Apr 5 with 1029 viewsrsonist

"build on the promise of 2021 so far and really push on towards the top six after a prolonged few years of bloodletting and rebuild"

Marge_Hmmmmm.wav
Best and worst - Preview on 10:39 - Apr 5 with 1012 viewsNorthernr

Best and worst - Preview on 10:28 - Apr 5 by rsonist

"build on the promise of 2021 so far and really push on towards the top six after a prolonged few years of bloodletting and rebuild"

Marge_Hmmmmm.wav

What have I said now?
Best and worst - Preview on 10:53 - Apr 5 with 982 viewsPinnerPaul

"Savage Amusement" Silver Award?

I spent the last 3 minutes of the Play Off Final at Wembley talking to the cleaners on the concourse as I couldn't watch the added time!
Best and worst - Preview on 11:15 - Apr 5 with 949 viewsrsonist

Best and worst - Preview on 10:39 - Apr 5 by Northernr

What have I said now?

I dunno I guess I'm just kinda feeling a sense of unease lately like the rising tide of positivity is on the verge of mutating into impatient expectation. Going by the clubs we purport to emulate it's not been prolonged at all, and you don't need me to intone how precarious things are, in fact you'll probably scoot round and do it yourself first sign the poison on social media comes back out. If the budget won't stretch to Johansen or if bids come in for Dickie/Dieng/Chair and we have to polish someone new up instead the attitude shouldn't be that of frustration, setback and losing ground.

It's not that anyone (least of all Warbs I might add) is saying tangible success isn't possible. But start to frame progress in terms of targets and it feeds into this general attitude that sustainability is only about doing our enforced porridge just long enough to have another bash at it. When we demanded all this of Les coming in we knew it was about something deeper, even castigated TF for rushing it despite unexpectedly ending up with a capable squad, but nowadays it seems to me like we've gotten bored of the graft.
Best and worst - Preview on 11:20 - Apr 5 with 941 viewsNorthernr

Best and worst - Preview on 11:15 - Apr 5 by rsonist

I dunno I guess I'm just kinda feeling a sense of unease lately like the rising tide of positivity is on the verge of mutating into impatient expectation. Going by the clubs we purport to emulate it's not been prolonged at all, and you don't need me to intone how precarious things are, in fact you'll probably scoot round and do it yourself first sign the poison on social media comes back out. If the budget won't stretch to Johansen or if bids come in for Dickie/Dieng/Chair and we have to polish someone new up instead the attitude shouldn't be that of frustration, setback and losing ground.

It's not that anyone (least of all Warbs I might add) is saying tangible success isn't possible. But start to frame progress in terms of targets and it feeds into this general attitude that sustainability is only about doing our enforced porridge just long enough to have another bash at it. When we demanded all this of Les coming in we knew it was about something deeper, even castigated TF for rushing it despite unexpectedly ending up with a capable squad, but nowadays it seems to me like we've gotten bored of the graft.

Ok well I think you’ve read a lot more than there is into a lazy throwaway at the end of a preview thrashed out at 7am. You know I agree with most of that.
Best and worst - Preview on 11:30 - Apr 5 with 920 viewsrsonist

Best and worst - Preview on 11:20 - Apr 5 by Northernr

Ok well I think you’ve read a lot more than there is into a lazy throwaway at the end of a preview thrashed out at 7am. You know I agree with most of that.

I do. But it's still exactly what the people I'm seeing around that I'm responding to by proxy want to hear.
Login to get fewer ads

Best and worst - Preview on 11:37 - Apr 5 with 901 viewsNorthernr

Best and worst - Preview on 11:30 - Apr 5 by rsonist

I do. But it's still exactly what the people I'm seeing around that I'm responding to by proxy want to hear.

I will endeavour to do better then because you know that’s not where I am either. Said as much on the pod last week, that all this “Austin and Johansen must be signed at all costs” isn’t really rooted in reality, and there’ll no doubt be a lot of “where’s our ambition” when it doesn’t happen.
Best and worst - Preview on 11:41 - Apr 5 with 884 viewsrsonist

Best and worst - Preview on 11:37 - Apr 5 by Northernr

I will endeavour to do better then because you know that’s not where I am either. Said as much on the pod last week, that all this “Austin and Johansen must be signed at all costs” isn’t really rooted in reality, and there’ll no doubt be a lot of “where’s our ambition” when it doesn’t happen.

Think I've come across spikier than intended, sorry.
Best and worst - Preview on 11:45 - Apr 5 with 876 viewsNorthernr

Best and worst - Preview on 11:41 - Apr 5 by rsonist

Think I've come across spikier than intended, sorry.

I think it’s more a problem that comes with trying to write 48 match previews a season tbh, especially two in three days. Sometimes thrash one out and don’t say, or come across, quite as I intend or actually feel.
Best and worst - Preview on 11:53 - Apr 5 with 865 viewsRangersw12

Signing Johansen and Austin at any cost isn't the way forward but we need to kick on from this season and start to regularly finish in the top ten if not having a push at the play offs

We can't keep harping on about budget when teams with similar budgets outperform us. Barnsley prime example this season.
Best and worst - Preview on 12:10 - Apr 5 with 837 viewsPinnerPaul

I'm not sure multi million pound bids for Dieng, Chair and Dickie are 'rooted in reality' either though to be fair.

We do tend to over estimate the worth of our players.

Only Furlong & Eze of the recentish departures has really progressed since they left, with Freeman, Smithies, Luongo, Wells, Hugill, Manning having gone backwards careerwise or at best stood still.

Obviously Eze still has a way to push on to the heights he is capable of, but he is a regular PL starter, or should be! and its too early to call BOS.
Best and worst - Preview on 12:28 - Apr 5 with 807 viewsdenhamhoop2

Best and worst - Preview on 11:53 - Apr 5 by Rangersw12

Signing Johansen and Austin at any cost isn't the way forward but we need to kick on from this season and start to regularly finish in the top ten if not having a push at the play offs

We can't keep harping on about budget when teams with similar budgets outperform us. Barnsley prime example this season.

Yes but could compare us to Forest Cardiff Middlesbro Stoke all of whom we will be playing let alone Birmingham and Huddersfield who aren't even certain of that and I don't think I would enjoy watching Barnsley's style of Wimbledon/ Jack Charlton Ireland football press press press press football
Best and worst - Preview on 13:53 - Apr 5 with 670 viewsfrancisbowles

With Stroud, Forest so long without a home win, Taylor's goal drought and our record on this ground and of backing up wins, we have lot to overcome today.

Come on Rrrrs you can do it.
Best and worst - Preview on 14:42 - Apr 5 with 585 viewsMyke

I know we always say 'it's the hope that kills you'. But I think it's okay to want more than '16th'. Hoos may make somewhat disparaging remarks about 'aspiring to tread water', but the reality is, we,as fans, are entitled to expect the club to have realistic ambition going forward. The vast majority of fans are sensible and understand that we can't or shouldn't splash out 3 mill on 31 year old Wells, but we are equally passionate enough about our club to want us, to at least be competing at the upper end of the Championship.
Basically, I want to support a team that wins more than it loses, that plays attractive football and is competitive even when it does lose. Ideally that would be mid-table in the prem like a Southampton or a Crystal Palace or a Burnley, but if it was top ten in the Championship, with all the ingredients i mentioned above, I would be happy enough. It cannot always be about the 'business', about the 'balance sheet', or I might as well suport Deloitte and Touche rather than QPR. I didn't begin following us because we had a healthy bank balance, but because we were playing exhilarating football.
I want my passion - shouting at a screen - to me matched by the players wearing MY colours. I want them and the management to want to win as much as I do, regardless of their ability levels. And when a chink of light comes along, as it has now, I want the hierarchy to show some ambition. We won't pay 40k a week to Charlie, we may not even pay half it, or spend 5m on Johanson. I don't expect us to, but neither do I expect us to ignore the chink of light that is beginning to shine for our club. IF not Charlie and Jo Jo as Brian has christened him, then players of a similar elk for the money we can afford. Or prune some of the dead wood so that we CAN afford at least one of these two season-changing players. We don't need FIVE goalkeepers on our books. Release any 2 from the four behind Seny. I am a fan of Carroll, but without doubt, Jo Jo is an upgrade. Release Cameron, who has done a hell of a job this last few years, but is now spent. There are ways of bridging the gap between where we are and where we need to be. All we, as fans want is evidence that the club shares our ambition to improve, however incrementally that improvement my manifest itself.
1-1 today after that rant!
Best and worst - Preview on 14:44 - Apr 5 with 581 viewsngbqpr

Agree - but did notice Warbs on the offish, uncharacteristically, saying "the key is keeping the squad together"

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Best and worst - Preview on 10:33 - Apr 6 with 409 viewsTheChef

Well that preview was pretty much on the nose wasn't it?

As mentioned elsewhere, if this league always had a week's gap between games we'd be on 100 points.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024