Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IKEA hmmmmph 23:50 - May 19 with 1959 viewsloftboy

Started at 8:30 this morning , downed tools at 11 tonight, 3 double wardrobes and a bed frame with drawers, still got a few more items to do. Bloody knackering.
Only just seen the news on Lumley, anything else I’ve missed? Too tired to scroll through.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

IKEA hmmmmph on 01:05 - May 20 with 1860 viewsBoston

Mrs loftboy, twinned with the Chinese Department for Uighur Employment.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

IKEA hmmmmph on 01:16 - May 20 with 1850 viewsPunteR

Fair play Loftboy..Thats a proper graft.
[Post edited 20 May 2021 1:20]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

IKEA hmmmmph on 07:21 - May 20 with 1695 viewsstevec

Yeah fair play, reckon I’d have been retired to a padded cell inside half those hours.

And fair warning, if the wardrobes are on carpet, never try to move them again. Ever.

My son in law put together a double wardrobe with a sliding mirror door. Took the thing off to move it and the bloody unit bent out of shape, never to be returned to its former self. Bit of a puzzle considering all corners are secured in some form or other. As for the back they supply to put on it, don’t get me started. Suspect it’s the flimsiness of the back that aids the warping issue.

There must be a good business out there for anyone who has the patience to build this stuff.
IKEA hmmmmph on 09:32 - May 20 with 1537 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I used to do some temp work as a drivers mate for IKEA deliveries years ago. I seem to remember sofa-beds being the worst!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

IKEA hmmmmph on 10:21 - May 20 with 1425 viewsloftboy

IKEA hmmmmph on 09:32 - May 20 by CliveWilsonSaid

I used to do some temp work as a drivers mate for IKEA deliveries years ago. I seem to remember sofa-beds being the worst!

Did one of them Sunday!
The backs on these ones are really good, secured with plastic fittings not hundreds of panel pins.

IKEA hmmmmph on 10:58 - May 20 with 1363 viewsDavieQPR

MW still goes around occasionally hoping to pick up another Ilias Chair.
IKEA hmmmmph on 11:14 - May 20 with 1325 viewsEastR

IKEA hmmmmph on 07:21 - May 20 by stevec

Yeah fair play, reckon I’d have been retired to a padded cell inside half those hours.

And fair warning, if the wardrobes are on carpet, never try to move them again. Ever.

My son in law put together a double wardrobe with a sliding mirror door. Took the thing off to move it and the bloody unit bent out of shape, never to be returned to its former self. Bit of a puzzle considering all corners are secured in some form or other. As for the back they supply to put on it, don’t get me started. Suspect it’s the flimsiness of the back that aids the warping issue.

There must be a good business out there for anyone who has the patience to build this stuff.

When you order bulky stuff, wardrobes etc they have an option to book a fitter. We've done that in the past and the cost wasn't too bad as I recall. They guy did in a morning what would have taken me a weekend to do so it was definitely worth it.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

IKEA hmmmmph on 12:01 - May 20 with 1275 viewsTomS

IKEA hmmmmph on 07:21 - May 20 by stevec

My advice when trying to move a double wardrobe is to slip some robust cardboard underneath it. This will allow you to easily slide it away from the wall, removing the friction between wardrobe and carpet. It worked for me.
Login to get fewer ads

IKEA hmmmmph on 12:08 - May 20 with 1258 viewsJuzzie

Don't assemble IKEA furniture with your other half. Guaranteed fall-out.
IKEA hmmmmph on 14:22 - May 21 with 989 viewsthemodfather

i am not happy with IKea i ordered a kallax shelving unit, they are great for 12 inch vinyl, anyway , order came and i joked to delivery man, "hope they are the same colour" as he had 2 boxes, anyway i put them away until ready to set up, wrong colour sent and no way to contact them and i do not live near ikea or have a car/van.....so assembled it, one shade pine, t'other black good job i like 2 tone records! lol
IKEA hmmmmph on 14:25 - May 21 with 980 viewsHantsR

Still got my £20 IKEA Christmas Tree voucher, now valid until August. Dreading going to that awful maze to use it.
IKEA hmmmmph on 14:26 - May 21 with 973 viewsloftboy

IKEA hmmmmph on 14:22 - May 21 by themodfather

i am not happy with IKea i ordered a kallax shelving unit, they are great for 12 inch vinyl, anyway , order came and i joked to delivery man, "hope they are the same colour" as he had 2 boxes, anyway i put them away until ready to set up, wrong colour sent and no way to contact them and i do not live near ikea or have a car/van.....so assembled it, one shade pine, t'other black good job i like 2 tone records! lol

We had 30 boxes delivered all together, was missing the cover for the sofa bed, looked up IKEA uk on Facebook and sent them a message on messenger, it was delivered two days later.

IKEA hmmmmph on 15:11 - May 21 with 909 viewsMick_S

IKEA hmmmmph on 14:26 - May 21 by loftboy

We had 30 boxes delivered all together, was missing the cover for the sofa bed, looked up IKEA uk on Facebook and sent them a message on messenger, it was delivered two days later.

You are supporter of the year. What an effort. They do trophy cabinets - I’ve ordered you one.
[Post edited 21 May 2021 15:15]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024