Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's all laugh at Reading again... 12:33 - Sep 14 with 2292 viewsE17hoop

Reading goalkeeper breaks hand punching whiteboard after our game.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Let's all laugh at Reading again... on 12:50 - Sep 14 with 2220 viewsLazyFan

I thought their keeper did well, almost keeping out two of our goals. Reading's defence was so open, we really should have killed them off in the first half.

So, much space a team gets in their area is amazing, even before we got two goals back.

Without him and as we suspect most reserve keepers are rubbish, I suspect they are in big trouble with that defence.

zzzzzzzzzz

Let's all laugh at Reading again... on 13:40 - Sep 14 with 2128 viewsLongsufferingR

Haha. That's the best goalkeeping injury story I've heard since Dave Beasant cut his foot open by dropping a bottle of salad cream on it.
Let's all laugh at Reading again... on 13:49 - Sep 14 with 2099 viewsMick_S

Let's all laugh at Reading again... on 13:40 - Sep 14 by LongsufferingR

Haha. That's the best goalkeeping injury story I've heard since Dave Beasant cut his foot open by dropping a bottle of salad cream on it.

Salad cream abomination. Serves him feckin right.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Let's all laugh at Reading again... on 14:03 - Sep 14 with 2032 viewsstowmarketrange

Let's all laugh at Reading again... on 13:49 - Sep 14 by Mick_S

Salad cream abomination. Serves him feckin right.

Well he did drop everything else.
Let's all laugh at Reading again... on 14:12 - Sep 14 with 2006 viewslondonscottish

LOLZ

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fc-injury-cris

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Let's all laugh at Reading again... on 14:17 - Sep 14 with 1979 viewswillis1980

didnt David James injure himself playing playstation?
Let's all laugh at Reading again... on 14:19 - Sep 14 with 1970 viewsPinnerPaul

Let's all laugh at Reading again... on 14:12 - Sep 14 by londonscottish

LOLZ

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fc-injury-cris

Why would the local rag have to be so coy about how he did it?

"In the aftermath of the game" sounds like there was a fight!

Sure Clive is pretty disgusted with his own profession for that!
Let's all laugh at Reading again... on 14:26 - Sep 14 with 1950 views18StoneOfHoop

Let's all laugh at Reading again... on 14:03 - Sep 14 by stowmarketrange

Well he did drop everything else.

His calamitous last ever game for the counts.
Enjoy.

Goalkeepers Are Different by the late Brian Glanville of the Sunday Times
1972 Teen football fiction classic.

[Post edited 14 Sep 2021 15:41]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Login to get fewer ads

Let's all laugh at Reading again... on 14:30 - Sep 14 with 1930 viewscolinallcars

Brentford keeper Gerry Cakebread was bitten on the knee by a dog that had invaded the pitch. I think it ended his career.
Let's all laugh at Reading again... on 14:43 - Sep 14 with 1887 viewsMick_S

Our school keeper let one in through his legs when someone tried to sell him some Walls sausages that he had just nicked from the local shop.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Let's all laugh at Reading again... on 14:55 - Sep 14 with 1849 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I booted a goal post so hard mid-game about 6 years ago I couldn't run and my foot swelled up.

I went to the hospital thinking I'd broken it and was lucky it was just bruised.

Turns out though every toe on my right foot has been broken at some point and I hadn't noticed!

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Let's all laugh at Reading again... on 15:07 - Sep 14 with 1797 viewsMrSheen

Santi Canizares missed the 2002 World Cup for Spain when he dropped a bottle of aftershave on his foot and severed a tendon. Much more continental than salad cream.

I believe Richard Wright injured himself falling out of his loft.
Let's all laugh at Reading again... on 15:15 - Sep 14 with 1760 viewskensalriser

Kevin Beattie must still be the unsurpassed champion here, with his inadvertent self-immolation and pulling a stomach muscle while taking a crap.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Let's all laugh at Reading again... on 16:15 - Sep 14 with 1605 viewsCamberleyR

Let's all laugh at Reading again... on 14:30 - Sep 14 by colinallcars

Brentford keeper Gerry Cakebread was bitten on the knee by a dog that had invaded the pitch. I think it ended his career.

Wasn't that Chic Brodie?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Let's all laugh at Reading again... on 17:55 - Sep 14 with 1448 viewsVancouverHoop

From a Reading supporter:

"When you're under a transfer embargo due to three years spent lining the pockets of Kia Joorabchian, and are down to the absolute bare bones of a squad, what you then want is your only senior goalkeeper, and third highest paid player, to break their hand punching a whiteboard in the dressing room.

We'll get to see in this evening's game, whether a season at Bath and 18 appearances for Hamilton Academicals prepares a 21 year old for an anticipated three month stint in the championship."
Let's all laugh at Reading again... on 18:10 - Sep 14 with 1412 viewsactonman

Let's all laugh at Reading again... on 17:55 - Sep 14 by VancouverHoop

From a Reading supporter:

"When you're under a transfer embargo due to three years spent lining the pockets of Kia Joorabchian, and are down to the absolute bare bones of a squad, what you then want is your only senior goalkeeper, and third highest paid player, to break their hand punching a whiteboard in the dressing room.

We'll get to see in this evening's game, whether a season at Bath and 18 appearances for Hamilton Academicals prepares a 21 year old for an anticipated three month stint in the championship."

Sounds like a quote from Harry redknapp
Let's all laugh at Reading again... on 18:37 - Sep 14 with 1357 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

Let's all laugh at Reading again... on 16:15 - Sep 14 by CamberleyR

Wasn't that Chic Brodie?

Yes it was Chic Brodie.
Let's all laugh at Reading again... on 19:19 - Sep 14 with 1265 viewscolinallcars

Let's all laugh at Reading again... on 18:37 - Sep 14 by Ghost_on_the_Westway

Yes it was Chic Brodie.

Just call me Mr Memory ! Chic Brodie it was, poor sod.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024