Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wing backs v Sheff Utd 16:37 - Dec 10 with 2701 viewsdmm

I assume all four injured WBs will still be out for the game v Sheff Utd so what to do?

I'd prefer to retain the 3421 formation because we have a system that clearly works well.

Like many, however, I didn't think Field at LWB v Stoke was right so perhaps try Dozzell at LWB? He should be able to cross a ball and is pretty mobile. Field could then be moved into the middle where he'll play to his strengths and stiffen up that area.

Kakay will obviously be at RWB, bless him.
Wing backs v Sheff Utd on 16:54 - Dec 10 with 2650 viewscolinallcars

That's what I'd go for too. Some folk are very critical of Kakay but he's a wholehearted player and on his day a pretty fair player who can cover a fair few positions.
Wing backs v Sheff Utd on 17:17 - Dec 10 with 2571 viewsLogman

I don't want to see an over-reaction to the defeat against Stoke. We didn't play at all badly. No-one let the team down and while Field wasn't particularly fluid at left wing back he wasn't an unmitigated disaster there.

I'm also not sure that Dozzell could do any better there. I don't think he has the structure to his game to play there.

Personally, I'd start Kai Woollard Innocent there and if he is struggling after 30 minutes I'd replace him.
Wing backs v Sheff Utd on 17:41 - Dec 10 with 2519 viewsParkRoyalR

If you want to retain formation, swap Barbet and Field around from last week,

So Barbet to LWB with Field playing in the middle of the 3 or keep Dunne in the middle and Field as the Left Sided Centre Half,

Barbet more suited to LWB role than Field and I like the look of Field defensively, seems to sense danger early and close the space in front of the Centre Halves, which has been a weakness all season imo.
Wing backs v Sheff Utd on 17:59 - Dec 10 with 2490 viewsLazyFan

Wing backs v Sheff Utd on 16:54 - Dec 10 by colinallcars

That's what I'd go for too. Some folk are very critical of Kakay but he's a wholehearted player and on his day a pretty fair player who can cover a fair few positions.

Kakay was okay in my view.
He was on his own on that flank for large portions of the game.

Field was not great, but then he was played totally out of his position. I think someone said he had played Left-Mid before, but I suspect this was the first time he had played LWB. Really harsh on Field that, not only the first time but only just back from injury and then straight into Stoke who did have most of their defence fit and fresh for us.

I would have preferred actually to have Barbet in LWB and Field as the CD. I suspect this would have worked better in my view. Let's hope Uncle and Moses can be fit for Monday.

zzzzzzzzzz

Wing backs v Sheff Utd on 18:07 - Dec 10 with 2469 viewsdaveB

Kakay keeps getting stick for his crossing but lets be honest Adomahs crossing has been rank recently as well
Wing backs v Sheff Utd on 19:01 - Dec 10 with 2333 viewsozranger

We need to remember that Field has now played a full game in that position and has had an extra week of training, no doubt in that position. Why move some other player there who has not the same experience (though minor)?
Wing backs v Sheff Utd on 19:03 - Dec 10 with 2335 viewsfrancisbowles

I'd stick with Osman at rwb, put Willock at lwb and put Field in midfield.
Wing backs v Sheff Utd on 19:41 - Dec 10 with 2285 viewsNed_Kennedys

We have no Left wing backs available (unless there is one in the U23s) so why try to shoehorn someone in there? The wing back position just isn’t an easy one to perfect: I’d play Barbet at Left Back and Kakay at Right Back with Field as an extra midfielder.
Login to get fewer ads

Wing backs v Sheff Utd on 21:36 - Dec 10 with 2170 viewsMyke

What people are forgetting is that is that not only was Field playing out of position, he was also playing his first full game all season. So, even though he was 'poor' and clearly struggling in that position, it was still fabulous to see him last the full 90 minutes after so long out with a serious injury.

Whether, he will be able to get through another full game a week later remains to be seen. But it would certainly be beneficial (to him and the team) if he was able to do so in his preferred position of a holding midfielder. This would stiffen the midfield considerably and allow Johansen to play further forward supporting Chair and the striker. Not only is Johansen at his strongest in a more advanced midfield position, but frankly, he looked all at sea v Stoke and I think his form would benefit hugely from having a clearly defined role.

Obviously, the downside of this is playing Willock at LWB, but he has played there a couple of time quite effectively and his skill and mobility makes him a better option there than anyone else. His natural tendency to get forward will be counter-balanced by Kakay's natural tendency to defend on the other side.

Additionally, it needs to be drummed into Barbet (whose form unsurprisingly has dipped a little recently) to be extra alert to cover behind Willock, to prevent him from being exposed on the left hand side.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2021 21:41]
Wing backs v Sheff Utd on 09:43 - Dec 11 with 1849 viewsbosh67

I'd play Kakay RWB, Dickie Ball and Dunne CB, and Barbet LWB

Ball has more experience playing CB than Field and Field is only just back.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wing backs v Sheff Utd on 10:55 - Dec 11 with 1791 viewsnix

I'd play Willock for left back, Barbet, Dunne and Dickie, then Kakay (but hopefully Uncs) , as right back. I just thought Barbet looked more uncomfortable as left back and it reduces our attacking options down the left side. I'd play Johansen further forward and a combination of Dozzell and either Field or Amos as defensive mid.

I wish Dykes would get back soon to provide some physicality/hold the ball up early on when the other team come at us knowing we start slowly.
Wing backs v Sheff Utd on 11:00 - Dec 11 with 1780 viewsmcqpr10

I'd go back 4 with barbet at left back and kakay right back. Field steff and dozzell centre mid. Willock and chair floating around wherever they like. Gray up top. That way only barbet is playing out of position and he played there lots of times for the bees.
Wing backs v Sheff Utd on 13:24 - Dec 11 with 1676 viewsPinnerPaul

A patronising *** writes,

" Having never coached a team in my life, nor have any idea about the conversations had at the training ground with the players concerned, I'm happy to go with whatever the manager decides"
Wing backs v Sheff Utd on 18:48 - Dec 11 with 1557 viewsnix

Wing backs v Sheff Utd on 13:24 - Dec 11 by PinnerPaul

A patronising *** writes,

" Having never coached a team in my life, nor have any idea about the conversations had at the training ground with the players concerned, I'm happy to go with whatever the manager decides"

You're right obviously. But where's the fun in that?

LFW is my version of Football Manager. I doubt v much that Mr Mark Warburton, Championship Manager of the Month, comes on here for tips...
Wing backs v Sheff Utd on 19:45 - Dec 11 with 1483 viewsjtuck

Wing backs v Sheff Utd on 18:07 - Dec 10 by daveB

Kakay keeps getting stick for his crossing but lets be honest Adomahs crossing has been rank recently as well

Difference is that Uncle nearly always gets a cross in even if it is a crap one. Kakay rarely gets space to put cross into the box in first place.

LAranger

Wing backs v Sheff Utd on 19:59 - Dec 11 with 1450 viewsOldPedro

"Mark Warburton is hoping to have at least two of his injured wing-backs fit for QPR’s game against Sheffield United on Monday — and has pencilled Lyndon Dykes in to return for next Saturday’s encounter with Swansea. "

Interview with Warbs from West London Sport

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/warburton-hopeful-over-injured-qpr-wing-back

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Wing backs v Sheff Utd on 20:29 - Dec 11 with 1401 viewsrrrspricey

Wing backs v Sheff Utd on 19:59 - Dec 11 by OldPedro

"Mark Warburton is hoping to have at least two of his injured wing-backs fit for QPR’s game against Sheffield United on Monday — and has pencilled Lyndon Dykes in to return for next Saturday’s encounter with Swansea. "

Interview with Warbs from West London Sport

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/warburton-hopeful-over-injured-qpr-wing-back

Let's hope Odubajo is one of them so we have natural wb either side
[Post edited 11 Dec 2021 20:30]
Wing backs v Sheff Utd on 22:38 - Dec 11 with 1284 viewsLazyFan

This thread reminds me of QPR of yesteryear. Its like the bad old days when a player gets injured we have no real replacements. Like Freeman for example.

Or where it was CB's we had injured and no real replacements. Playing Jack Robinson at CB when we were desperate and getting lucky that he could actually play there.

This time it's taken 4 injuries to get caught out and even then Kakay can somewhat fill in. Warbsball, Dr Hoos and Evil Les really have done a steller job.

zzzzzzzzzz

Wing backs v Sheff Utd on 23:42 - Dec 11 with 1236 viewsNorthLondonR

I believe that Adomah will be available but I also am happy with Kakay. I think he's perfectly fine and does a decent job, but would (slightly regrettably) pull Willock back into the left wing back role and get George Thomas on. Willock deputised there earlier and Thomas needs an opportunity to start in a more advanced role, I honestly believe (whilst not Willock) he's a different option and may provide some right sided advanced balance... There is a player in there and hopefully this is his time. Failing that, Barbet it is and some kind of reworking of the back three
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024