Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Come on Malawi tonight. 07:57 - Jan 25 with 2469 viewsknocker

Win and send Ilias Home to Loftus Road.
Come on Malawi tonight. on 09:31 - Jan 25 with 2383 viewsBklynRanger

I was thinking he should be available soon enough anyway.

Very unlikely to be around for Saturday but the next match is the cup game and you'd guess he should be able to play by the Borough game on 9th Feb, unless Morocco get to the final/3rd place playoff I suppose.

May be no need to decide if Tom Lawrence is a vvanker or not.
Come on Malawi tonight. on 10:16 - Jan 25 with 2283 viewsdanehoop

Actually I want quite the reverse at this point.

Ideal outcome is Morocco to win and Chair to play well and return uninjured. The more that Chair gets exposed to different/higher levels of play and gains experience of international tournaments the greater it will improve him as a player. That in turn will give him more confidence and improve his morale. It will also bring him to the attention of more of the footballing world, further enhancing demand for his services and potentially adding to his transfer value when inevitably moves on in the next season or two.

If Morocco gets knocked out now (and assuming he doesn't get on the pitch or doesn't do well) then the reverse will be true and we will be left with managing the issues.

Never knowingly understood

Come on Malawi tonight. on 10:40 - Jan 25 with 2206 viewsBklynRanger

Last I heard he was picking up splinters on the bench though? If that's the case he may be looking at our scores and feeling he'd be better off back here.

Haven't followed though tbh, but planning on watching some of the upcoming stuff on the iplayer.
Come on Malawi tonight. on 10:42 - Jan 25 with 2196 viewsDavieQPR

Chair is out injured isn't he? Went off in 31st minute in last match.
Come on Malawi tonight. on 10:45 - Jan 25 with 2189 viewsjtuck

Said to be tactical substitution.

LAranger

Come on Malawi tonight. on 11:27 - Jan 25 with 2085 viewsDavieQPR

Quote Evening Standard 'Ilias Chair is a big doubt tonight after coming off early in their draw with Gabon@.
Come on Malawi tonight. on 12:04 - Jan 25 with 2015 viewsaston_hoop

Theres a pre-match interview with him on the Morocco Twitter, all in French though so no idea if he clears up his injury or not

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Come on Malawi tonight. on 12:42 - Jan 25 with 1929 viewsTW_R

Sky ticker saying Chair will have a late fitness test due to a knock he picked up in the last game.
Login to get fewer ads

Come on Malawi tonight. on 13:03 - Jan 25 with 1873 viewsnix

Come on Malawi tonight. on 12:04 - Jan 25 by aston_hoop

Theres a pre-match interview with him on the Morocco Twitter, all in French though so no idea if he clears up his injury or not

He doesn't. He's just saying how proud he is to play for Morocco and that he'd put everything into playing and he wants to make the Moroccan people proud of him. He really values the support of the Moroccan fans and he needs them to be behind the team (that's roughly it anyway).
Come on Malawi tonight. on 13:06 - Jan 25 with 1848 viewsdublinr

Yeah, nothing about being injured. And he gives the impression that he thinks he's going to get on the pitch. Nice boy, loves his mum, and his country..

Come on Malawi tonight. on 13:24 - Jan 25 with 1810 viewsStainrod

Come on Malawi tonight. on 13:06 - Jan 25 by dublinr

Yeah, nothing about being injured. And he gives the impression that he thinks he's going to get on the pitch. Nice boy, loves his mum, and his country..

Course he loves his mum - he only looks about 12 and three quarters!

Don't claim to be the greatest authority on African football but I would assume Morocco would beat Malawi with ease. Anyone know when the semis are, as realistically that is the soonest Morocco are likely to be knocked out I would have thought? Sorry Ilias but while I want you to do well personally we have to hope you will be back with us ASAP - your club needs you...
Come on Malawi tonight. on 14:10 - Jan 25 with 1750 viewsrobith

I actually find it slightly unreal that someone would wish failure on one of our players' international careers, and a chance at silverware, so they can hurry back to play Reading.
Come on Malawi tonight. on 14:11 - Jan 25 with 1744 viewsaston_hoop

Come on Malawi tonight. on 13:03 - Jan 25 by nix

He doesn't. He's just saying how proud he is to play for Morocco and that he'd put everything into playing and he wants to make the Moroccan people proud of him. He really values the support of the Moroccan fans and he needs them to be behind the team (that's roughly it anyway).

Cheers Nix, hope he's fit and gets to play tonight then, shame we'll all be too busy to watch it if he does!

Come on Malawi tonight. on 14:43 - Jan 25 with 1661 viewsTheChef

Come on Malawi tonight. on 11:27 - Jan 25 by DavieQPR

Quote Evening Standard 'Ilias Chair is a big doubt tonight after coming off early in their draw with Gabon@.

I thought the Standard only reported on Man U players?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Come on Malawi tonight. on 14:51 - Jan 25 with 1618 viewsMrSheen

Malawi fact...independent Malawi's first Prime Minister, then President, Hastings Banda, used to be a GP on Willesden High Road. My mum was out shopping one day when the police stopped the traffic so he could have a walk around the old place.

Carry on.
Come on Malawi tonight. on 15:46 - Jan 25 with 1554 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Not sure Chair or Dieng will get back in the side!

Like SDM and Masterton, it’s important our squad players get some game time and are ready to step in and step up if/when called upon.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Come on Malawi tonight. on 15:57 - Jan 25 with 1507 viewsStainrod

Come on Malawi tonight. on 14:10 - Jan 25 by robith

I actually find it slightly unreal that someone would wish failure on one of our players' international careers, and a chance at silverware, so they can hurry back to play Reading.

For me its Rangers every time, and I would prioritise them over England too. Have seen one or two Rangers fans (not on this board tbf) coming out with some pretty disgusting racist nonsense about how AFCON doesn't matter because its in Africa, they should be made to play at times to suit the European season etc - those are certainly not my views. But all our players would be off in a heartbeat if a Premier League club comes in for them. They are with us for a few years in most cases, not their careers. We say there is great togetherness in the squad (and it seems genuine) but even Uncs described us in his post Coventry interview as a "platform club" to develop players for bigger clubs. That's just the way they see us. As much as I like Ilias - he genuinely seems a great bloke - and want him to succeed, if you honestly ask me whether I am more interested in Morocco tonking the mighty Malawi or us getting three points against Swansea, I'm afraid its three points every time for me. And I suspect I know what will make most on here happier, too.
Come on Malawi tonight. on 16:06 - Jan 25 with 1485 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Come on Malawi tonight. on 15:57 - Jan 25 by Stainrod

For me its Rangers every time, and I would prioritise them over England too. Have seen one or two Rangers fans (not on this board tbf) coming out with some pretty disgusting racist nonsense about how AFCON doesn't matter because its in Africa, they should be made to play at times to suit the European season etc - those are certainly not my views. But all our players would be off in a heartbeat if a Premier League club comes in for them. They are with us for a few years in most cases, not their careers. We say there is great togetherness in the squad (and it seems genuine) but even Uncs described us in his post Coventry interview as a "platform club" to develop players for bigger clubs. That's just the way they see us. As much as I like Ilias - he genuinely seems a great bloke - and want him to succeed, if you honestly ask me whether I am more interested in Morocco tonking the mighty Malawi or us getting three points against Swansea, I'm afraid its three points every time for me. And I suspect I know what will make most on here happier, too.

Couldn't agree more with the sentiment, Stainrod, and well put. Rangers first for me too.

But I'm happy either way. Knowing that what I want and hope for doesn't change anything I'm happy if they lose and he comes home a bit earlier to help us but also happy if he plays and they win the whole thing as it will reflect well on Rangers and help us attract better players in the future while increasing Chair's sell-on value.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Come on Malawi tonight. on 17:12 - Jan 25 with 1396 viewsrobith

Come on Malawi tonight. on 15:57 - Jan 25 by Stainrod

I think there's a big difference between prioritising Rangers' success (which unsurprisingly I care much more about), and actively wishing one of our players' loses. Seems incredibly mean spirited to me.
Come on Malawi tonight. on 17:31 - Jan 25 with 1361 viewsstainrods_elbow

I may be off the pace, but why isn't Adel featuring for Morocco by the way? Has he turned back into a lardy arse?

(Still perplexed by the perverse reaction of Warnock and Curle to that Adel goal vs Swansea at 1.06 - Warnock's hands on the back of his head and Curle's 'hard cheese' smile almost as if it had gone in at the other end.)

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Come on Malawi tonight. on 17:43 - Jan 25 with 1336 viewsNorthernr

Come on Malawi tonight. on 17:31 - Jan 25 by stainrods_elbow

I may be off the pace, but why isn't Adel featuring for Morocco by the way? Has he turned back into a lardy arse?

(Still perplexed by the perverse reaction of Warnock and Curle to that Adel goal vs Swansea at 1.06 - Warnock's hands on the back of his head and Curle's 'hard cheese' smile almost as if it had gone in at the other end.)

Taarabt, the Chelsea lad, they've made some strange decisions.
Come on Malawi tonight. on 19:08 - Jan 25 with 1187 viewsaston_hoop

Great strike to put Malawi 1-0 up

edit - cant watch much more of this, colourblind nightmare. thankfully a bigger game starts in half hour
[Post edited 25 Jan 2022 19:11]

Come on Malawi tonight. on 20:25 - Jan 25 with 1060 viewshoops_legend

Come on Malawi tonight. on 17:43 - Jan 25 by Northernr

Taarabt, the Chelsea lad, they've made some strange decisions.

Yeah it's weird he has not been included unless redknapp is Morocco manager
Come on Malawi tonight. on 22:14 - Jan 25 with 918 viewsStainrod

I see Morocco got through - bad news
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024