Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone not already feeling old today... 11:54 - Feb 24 with 1677 viewsMrSheen

Guess who?

Anyone not already feeling old today... on 11:57 - Feb 24 with 1649 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Is it Tears for Fears?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Anyone not already feeling old today... on 11:59 - Feb 24 with 1643 viewsMrSheen

Anyone not already feeling old today... on 11:57 - Feb 24 by PlanetHonneywood

Is it Tears for Fears?

It is! Haven't seen a picture of them in 30 years.
Anyone not already feeling old today... on 11:59 - Feb 24 with 1643 viewsRs_Holy

Anyone not already feeling old today... on 11:57 - Feb 24 by PlanetHonneywood

Is it Tears for Fears?

are they incontinent?
Anyone not already feeling old today... on 12:42 - Feb 24 with 1536 viewsBoston

Anyone not already feeling old today... on 11:59 - Feb 24 by Rs_Holy

are they incontinent?

Back to Bath then.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Anyone not already feeling old today... on 12:45 - Feb 24 with 1531 viewscollegeranger

Saw them at Hammersmith Odeon circa 1985 - they mimed......

Saw them a few years ago at Hampton Court - didn't mime and were actually very good!

New album out shortly first new songs in 17 years.
Anyone not already feeling old today... on 12:47 - Feb 24 with 1520 viewsQPRSteve

I thought the guy on the left was Judge Rinder.
Anyone not already feeling old today... on 13:10 - Feb 24 with 1474 viewsnix

Anyone not already feeling old today... on 12:45 - Feb 24 by collegeranger

Saw them at Hammersmith Odeon circa 1985 - they mimed......

Saw them a few years ago at Hampton Court - didn't mime and were actually very good!

New album out shortly first new songs in 17 years.

I saw them at Hampton Court too. They were excellent.
Anyone not already feeling old today... on 13:12 - Feb 24 with 1467 viewsslmrstid

I saw them a few years ago at one of the Hyde Park summer festival gigs when they were the "retro" act for the day. I really enjoyed them actually.

Curious/Fun fact about that particular day - the headline act where The Killers, me & Mrs slm absolutely love, playing their first UK show for about 5 years at that point. Also occurring at that show was the upskirting incident which ultimately led to the practice becoming a criminal offence after her long campaign on the matter.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone not already feeling old today... on 13:13 - Feb 24 with 1459 viewsPunteR

I don't know what they're like live but they've made some fantastic songs.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Anyone not already feeling old today... on 13:21 - Feb 24 with 1429 viewsnix

Anyone not already feeling old today... on 13:12 - Feb 24 by slmrstid

I saw them a few years ago at one of the Hyde Park summer festival gigs when they were the "retro" act for the day. I really enjoyed them actually.

Curious/Fun fact about that particular day - the headline act where The Killers, me & Mrs slm absolutely love, playing their first UK show for about 5 years at that point. Also occurring at that show was the upskirting incident which ultimately led to the practice becoming a criminal offence after her long campaign on the matter.

Wow, your wife is a superstar. What an achievement to get anything put into law, but I can imagine it wasn't a desperately popular cause at the beginning so she must have had to fight to make it happen.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 13:29]
Anyone not already feeling old today... on 13:30 - Feb 24 with 1379 viewsRs_Holy

Anyone not already feeling old today... on 13:13 - Feb 24 by PunteR

I don't know what they're like live but they've made some fantastic songs.

yep ... Seeds Of Love is an epic album
Anyone not already feeling old today... on 13:51 - Feb 24 with 1300 viewsTheChef

Anyone not already feeling old today... on 13:30 - Feb 24 by Rs_Holy

yep ... Seeds Of Love is an epic album

Oleta Adams fkin amazing on that too.

Have just fired up Bad Man's Song.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Anyone not already feeling old today... on 13:55 - Feb 24 with 1278 viewsTheChef

Anyone not already feeling old today... on 13:51 - Feb 24 by TheChef

Oleta Adams fkin amazing on that too.

Have just fired up Bad Man's Song.

For everyone's delectation.

Anyone not already feeling old today... on 13:55 - Feb 24 with 1277 viewstkqpr

Theres a good documentary on BBC4 about them reflecting on their albums and their rise in the 80's, im sure it will still be on BBC Player if anyone wants to find. Highly recommend.

Roland wasnt grey though yet Curt looks exactly the same?
Anyone not already feeling old today... on 14:05 - Feb 24 with 1235 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The dude of the right looks like he should be playing in a stoner band.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Anyone not already feeling old today... on 14:07 - Feb 24 with 1227 viewsTonto

Seeds of Love was their opus musically speaking, but Songs from the Big Chair was my favourite. I used to belt out Head over Heels into my hair brush whilst playing it on my mono Philips tape player as a kid

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Anyone not already feeling old today... on 14:10 - Feb 24 with 1221 viewsR_from_afar

What a great band. I got their first two albums for Christmas last year, I know them well but thought it was about time I owned some of their music. Curt and Roland have always been the ones in the spotlight but they owe a lot of their magic to their keyboard wizard, Ian Stanley.

If you like TFF, you will probably like "Attack of the grey lantern" by Mansun. I played the CD for the first time in decades the other day and it remains an absolute belter:

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Anyone not already feeling old today... on 14:16 - Feb 24 with 1212 viewsslmrstid

Anyone not already feeling old today... on 13:21 - Feb 24 by nix

Wow, your wife is a superstar. What an achievement to get anything put into law, but I can imagine it wasn't a desperately popular cause at the beginning so she must have had to fight to make it happen.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 13:29]

Sorry Nix - it wasn't my wife it happened to! Sorry if my post wasn't clear.

I just meant the curious/fun fact was we were at the place it happened!

Do very much feel for the poor girl it did happen to though - I can only imagine how that would affect your perspective on being in public places.

Edit - that being said my wife is a superstar just not in relation to that!
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 14:17]
Anyone not already feeling old today... on 14:31 - Feb 24 with 1168 viewsnix

Anyone not already feeling old today... on 14:16 - Feb 24 by slmrstid

Sorry Nix - it wasn't my wife it happened to! Sorry if my post wasn't clear.

I just meant the curious/fun fact was we were at the place it happened!

Do very much feel for the poor girl it did happen to though - I can only imagine how that would affect your perspective on being in public places.

Edit - that being said my wife is a superstar just not in relation to that!
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 14:17]

Oh right, sorry I misunderstood. I'm sure your wife is a superstar too. But that woman who ran that campaign is amazing!
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 16:20]
Anyone not already feeling old today... on 14:36 - Feb 24 with 1145 viewsMrSheen

Anyone not already feeling old today... on 14:05 - Feb 24 by Metallica_Hoop

The dude of the right looks like he should be playing in a stoner band.

Or selling hand-carved walking canes at a craft fair. Or both.
Anyone not already feeling old today... on 14:39 - Feb 24 with 1123 viewsRs_Holy

Anyone not already feeling old today... on 14:07 - Feb 24 by Tonto

Seeds of Love was their opus musically speaking, but Songs from the Big Chair was my favourite. I used to belt out Head over Heels into my hair brush whilst playing it on my mono Philips tape player as a kid

yep... another great album

Anyone not already feeling old today... on 14:57 - Feb 24 with 1082 viewsTheChef

Anyone not already feeling old today... on 14:07 - Feb 24 by Tonto

Of course I've now had to listen to the whole of the Seeds of Love album - so many good tracks.

Remember it clearly as the soundtrack to our family summer holiday in Yugoslavia in 1990, ahhhh memories...

Anyone not already feeling old today... on 14:58 - Feb 24 with 1083 viewsE17hoop

Orzabal produced one of my favourite albums of all time:
https://www.allmusic.com/album/love-in-the-time-of-science-mw0000616241?16457146

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024