Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackpool boss resigns 16:54 - Jun 2 with 4759 viewsNorthernr

Gone to be Gerrard's new assistant at Villa which feels... weird.
Blackpool boss resigns on 17:02 - Jun 2 with 4691 viewsdanehoop

Perhaps trying to find the best pathway to be considered as a potential manager for QPR in the future?

Never knowingly understood

Blackpool boss resigns on 17:40 - Jun 2 with 4525 viewsLogman

Warburton to Blackpool to complete the triangle ?
Blackpool boss resigns on 17:50 - Jun 2 with 4446 viewssimmo

Blackpool boss resigns on 17:40 - Jun 2 by Logman

Warburton to Blackpool to complete the triangle ?

That's actually a good shout, think he'd go great there and maintain the style.

The Critchley move is v odd btw, he was actually my personal choice for us but assumed he wouldn't be interested after doing so well at Blackpool

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Blackpool boss resigns on 18:51 - Jun 2 with 4214 viewsDavieQPR

Shows how much sense some of their fans have. Quite a few calling for Sean Dyche as replacement.
Blackpool boss resigns on 19:09 - Jun 2 with 4125 viewsNorthernr

Blackpool boss resigns on 18:51 - Jun 2 by DavieQPR

Shows how much sense some of their fans have. Quite a few calling for Sean Dyche as replacement.

That sounds familiar.
Blackpool boss resigns on 19:10 - Jun 2 with 4112 viewsMyke

Very smart move by Gerard who knew he had to replace Beale with someone like-minded. Also very shrewd move by Critchley, who obviously backs himself to be a premier league manager, but recognises he must take a few stepping stones along the way. Either Gerrard will become the new Liverpool boss (which might be four years away, but you can be sure he will be 'groomed' in two or max three years time as assistant) in which case Critchley if he does the bizz will become No 1 at Villa, or he will get a job offer elsewhere in the prem.
Btw, I don't get the snobbery surrounding a Diche appointment - top, top manager on a shoestring who deserves a lot of respect for what he has achieved.
Blackpool boss resigns on 19:14 - Jun 2 with 4089 viewsNorthernr

Blackpool boss resigns on 19:10 - Jun 2 by Myke

Very smart move by Gerard who knew he had to replace Beale with someone like-minded. Also very shrewd move by Critchley, who obviously backs himself to be a premier league manager, but recognises he must take a few stepping stones along the way. Either Gerrard will become the new Liverpool boss (which might be four years away, but you can be sure he will be 'groomed' in two or max three years time as assistant) in which case Critchley if he does the bizz will become No 1 at Villa, or he will get a job offer elsewhere in the prem.
Btw, I don't get the snobbery surrounding a Diche appointment - top, top manager on a shoestring who deserves a lot of respect for what he has achieved.

It's not snobbery mate, I'm agreeing with you. It's just fans of Championship clubs on limited budgets who think Dyche is going to entertain that as his next job, when the reality is he was on £75k a week at Burnley, is waiting on a £15m pay off, and every lower half Premier League club that sacks its manager next season he'll be favourite for the job - he is not going to Blackpool, or QPR.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Blackpool boss resigns on 19:16 - Jun 2 with 4074 viewssimmo

Blackpool boss resigns on 19:10 - Jun 2 by Myke

It's nothing to do with snobbery.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Blackpool boss resigns on 20:25 - Jun 2 with 3880 viewstoboboly

Blackpool boss resigns on 19:14 - Jun 2 by Northernr

It's not snobbery mate, I'm agreeing with you. It's just fans of Championship clubs on limited budgets who think Dyche is going to entertain that as his next job, when the reality is he was on £75k a week at Burnley, is waiting on a £15m pay off, and every lower half Premier League club that sacks its manager next season he'll be favourite for the job - he is not going to Blackpool, or QPR.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Considering that they need to pay back £65m odd rather sharpish is he ever going to get that £15m?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Blackpool boss resigns on 03:35 - Jun 3 with 3515 viewsHoopsie

Manager of championship club Blackpool to become assistant manager of premier league club Aston Villa = step up?

Assistant manager of Aston Villa to become manager of championship club QPR = step up?

Seems Aston Villa now got two managers, and I really wonder how good is Stevie G

Poll: Welcome to QPR Cifuentes! Are we happy?

Blackpool boss resigns on 09:24 - Jun 3 with 3227 viewsfrancisbowles

I think he looked at his situation at Blackpool and thought 'this is as good as it gets'.

Maybe he can't see a way to improve on what they have, with the resources he has available and thought it will be a struggle to avoid regressing and damaging his own reputation.

That and the financial offer?
Blackpool boss resigns on 10:48 - Jun 3 with 3097 viewsJames_Paddocks

So basically Gerrard needs another manager next to him to hold his hand.

He's little more than a "passion merchant" whilst his staff do the actual coaching of the team.
Blackpool boss resigns on 13:18 - Jun 3 with 2916 viewsTomS

Blackpool boss resigns on 10:48 - Jun 3 by James_Paddocks

He's little more than a "passion merchant" whilst his staff do the actual coaching of the team.

A bit like 'Arry then? Just there to put an arm over the player's shoulder and tell him he's great.
Blackpool boss resigns on 15:40 - Jun 3 with 2697 viewsDavieQPR

Maybe, just maybe, he decided he was much happier being a number two than being in charge with all the politics involved.
Blackpool boss resigns on 19:21 - Jun 3 with 2487 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Blackpool boss resigns on 13:18 - Jun 3 by TomS

A bit like 'Arry then? Just there to put an arm over the player's shoulder and tell him he's great.

Yes it's nothing new. A bit like in the music industry. Some producers are involved in the recording process but others come in at the end of the day and say "that's a hit"

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Blackpool boss resigns on 01:48 - Jun 5 with 2125 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Blackpool boss resigns on 10:48 - Jun 3 by James_Paddocks

I respectfully disagree with this comment.Gerrard is going to be a superb manager and will find his way to Liverpool and probably England before this golder era of talent moves on .
Blackpool boss resigns on 17:30 - Jun 5 with 1827 viewsTGRRRSSS

Blackpool boss resigns on 20:25 - Jun 2 by toboboly

Considering that they need to pay back £65m odd rather sharpish is he ever going to get that £15m?

Then they are looking at Admin then he will have to be paid I imagine, or they can negotiate, or it's admin.

I agree Dyche will be in PL somewhere once thats sorted out, not sure where yet but he's a very decent manager and it's clear Burnley further back behind the scenes are very rapidly getting into a huge mess - the next Derby maybe?
Blackpool boss resigns on 19:52 - Jun 5 with 1703 viewsterryb

Blackpool boss resigns on 20:25 - Jun 2 by toboboly

What amount is their parachute payment for this season?

Mind you, they won't have too much left to help them replace players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024