Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thinking of a seat move to the SB Stand 11:18 - Jun 11 with 3686 viewsKensal_Ranger

Currently sitting in the Loft Upper and thinking of a change of view but wondering what the HT facilities are like over there - how easy to get a drink is it and any variety - Guinness / Shipyard?

Would appreciate your esteemed views!
Thinking of a seat move to the SB Stand on 11:46 - Jun 11 with 3580 viewsDavieQPR

When I gave up my season ticket because I can't do midweek games (spend the money on more away days) I moved from Upper Loft to SB stand. After 2 games I bought a membership and moved back to Loft. Both my son and I found it was difficult to adapt to the lower, obstructed view.
Thinking of a seat move to the SB Stand on 11:53 - Jun 11 with 3572 viewsKensal_Ranger

Thinking of a seat move to the SB Stand on 11:46 - Jun 11 by DavieQPR

When I gave up my season ticket because I can't do midweek games (spend the money on more away days) I moved from Upper Loft to SB stand. After 2 games I bought a membership and moved back to Loft. Both my son and I found it was difficult to adapt to the lower, obstructed view.

Thanks Davie - I'd be dragging my adult son away too!
How low were you and what was the obstruction - stanchion I'd guess?
Thinking of a seat move to the SB Stand on 12:00 - Jun 11 with 3548 viewsDavieQPR

The stanchions always block a key part of the pitch. If you go low you can bob about a bit but you have gone from an elevated view to an almost pitch level.
Thinking of a seat move to the SB Stand on 12:01 - Jun 11 with 3551 viewsWokingR

Thinking of a seat move to the SB Stand on 11:53 - Jun 11 by Kensal_Ranger

Thanks Davie - I'd be dragging my adult son away too!
How low were you and what was the obstruction - stanchion I'd guess?

There’s not many obstructed views, just the 2 big support posts.
If you have an area in mind, there is always the ‘view from this seat’ option on the website.
Main problem in Ellerslie Road is that you cannot have a leak and get a drink and get back to your seat in the 15 minutes available.
It is simply impossible.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2022 12:02]
Thinking of a seat move to the SB Stand on 12:13 - Jun 11 with 3510 viewsKensal_Ranger

Thinking of a seat move to the SB Stand on 12:01 - Jun 11 by WokingR

There’s not many obstructed views, just the 2 big support posts.
If you have an area in mind, there is always the ‘view from this seat’ option on the website.
Main problem in Ellerslie Road is that you cannot have a leak and get a drink and get back to your seat in the 15 minutes available.
It is simply impossible.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2022 12:02]

Thanks Woking - similar to the Loft in that respect. Selection-wise, is it just Carlsberg / Tetley?
At the risk of sounding a bit like an alcoholic, a half time beverage is a bit of a thing for me.
:))
Thinking of a seat move to the SB Stand on 13:25 - Jun 11 with 3372 viewsHayesender

Changed my seat yesterday from Y block to upper loft. Very helpful lad in the box office took me into the ground so I could have a look.

Very surprised work hasn't started yet on the rail seating yet

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Thinking of a seat move to the SB Stand on 21:50 - Jun 11 with 3050 viewsGloryHunter

I'm thinking of moving from the Upper Loft to SARd, because the stupid bright LED perimeter hoarding ads mean I can't make out the action at the School End. I'm assuming that SARd doesn't have so much visual interference, and at least there are no LED perimeter ads along the Ellerslie Road stand. Any thoughts?
Thinking of a seat move to the SB Stand on 09:05 - Jun 12 with 2854 viewsPikey

I agree about that perimeter advertising hoarding, absolutely awful. Wrote twice last season promised a tione down,never happened.
But hey we want to hear about the customer experience!
Login to get fewer ads

Thinking of a seat move to the SB Stand on 09:24 - Jun 12 with 2793 viewsKensal_Ranger

Thinking of a seat move to the SB Stand on 21:50 - Jun 11 by GloryHunter

I'm thinking of moving from the Upper Loft to SARd, because the stupid bright LED perimeter hoarding ads mean I can't make out the action at the School End. I'm assuming that SARd doesn't have so much visual interference, and at least there are no LED perimeter ads along the Ellerslie Road stand. Any thoughts?

I had a seat (in 'E' block I think it was) SA Rd for a number of years before getting the financial elbow when Briatore and chum wanted it for the W12 crowd.
Choosing a seat to the left or right of that central section means you have to be wary of the stanchions as a potential obstruction.
Same goes for the SB Stand of course.
Thinking of a seat move to the SB Stand on 10:19 - Jun 12 with 2722 viewsSonofpugwash

You need removeable legs to sit there.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Thinking of a seat move to the SB Stand on 10:35 - Jun 12 with 2698 viewsBklynRanger

I sit in the middle of the Ellerslie/SB, 4 rows back and love the view. I actually picked it solely for that purpose having always gone in the SAR F or G blocks before that (and the loft years ago). In the middle of the stand I don't find any problems with the stanchions unless it's right down by the right wing corner flag - some of that does get missed.

So if you pick the right seat I'd say the view may not be the issue, but the angle would be quite different of course - not the overall picture you've been getting.

The main reason I'd disuade you to be honest, just from your couple of posts, is the space - crammed as fcuk out the back during any kind of decent gate. You can squeeze in a beer and a piss if you get up 3 or 4 mins before the end of the first half but otherwise not happening. I don't bother trying any more - saves the wallet and the hassle.
Thinking of a seat move to the SB Stand on 10:37 - Jun 12 with 2692 viewsStanisgod

Im in PU row S near R block, only one stanchion which obscures a few yards between 18 yard line and corner flag, great view.
Although you may not want to sit near me

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Thinking of a seat move to the SB Stand on 11:18 - Jun 12 with 2636 viewsKensal_Ranger

Thinking of a seat move to the SB Stand on 10:37 - Jun 12 by Stanisgod

Im in PU row S near R block, only one stanchion which obscures a few yards between 18 yard line and corner flag, great view.
Although you may not want to sit near me

Haha - I have my fair share of explosions during the ups and downs and downs of each season too!
Thinking of a seat move to the SB Stand on 11:24 - Jun 12 with 2612 viewsKensal_Ranger

Thinking of a seat move to the SB Stand on 10:35 - Jun 12 by BklynRanger

I sit in the middle of the Ellerslie/SB, 4 rows back and love the view. I actually picked it solely for that purpose having always gone in the SAR F or G blocks before that (and the loft years ago). In the middle of the stand I don't find any problems with the stanchions unless it's right down by the right wing corner flag - some of that does get missed.

So if you pick the right seat I'd say the view may not be the issue, but the angle would be quite different of course - not the overall picture you've been getting.

The main reason I'd disuade you to be honest, just from your couple of posts, is the space - crammed as fcuk out the back during any kind of decent gate. You can squeeze in a beer and a piss if you get up 3 or 4 mins before the end of the first half but otherwise not happening. I don't bother trying any more - saves the wallet and the hassle.

Hmm, thanks Brooklyn, your last comment well noted.
I think a pause for reflection might be called for… 🤔
Thinking of a seat move to the SB Stand on 11:44 - Jun 12 with 2585 viewsstowmarketrange

Thinking of a seat move to the SB Stand on 21:50 - Jun 11 by GloryHunter

We are in a worse position for the advertising boards in ML.We are basically at pitch level and all you can see at the school end is the top half of the players bodies.Anything on the floor and we can’t see anything,although with standing next season it might be better.
Thinking of a seat move to the SB Stand on 18:25 - Jun 12 with 2411 viewsPinnerPaul

Been in that stand since I was 14.

Great view, terrible leg room, facilities on a par with rest of stadium but again more crowded, based on my one off forays into other parts of the ground and the 'atmosphere' is like everywhere else:- depends on who you are sitting nearby!
Thinking of a seat move to the SB Stand on 18:57 - Jun 12 with 2360 viewsKensal_Ranger

Thinking of a seat move to the SB Stand on 18:25 - Jun 12 by PinnerPaul

Been in that stand since I was 14.

Great view, terrible leg room, facilities on a par with rest of stadium but again more crowded, based on my one off forays into other parts of the ground and the 'atmosphere' is like everywhere else:- depends on who you are sitting nearby!

Thanks Paul - Kensal Jnr and I have both come the conclusion that we’ll stick for the time being but do a few discovery forays early this coming season, check the view and sight lines, etc.
Thanks All, knew I could rely on you.
👍🏻
Thinking of a seat move to the SB Stand on 15:27 - Jun 15 with 1983 viewsPinnerPaul

Thinking of a seat move to the SB Stand on 18:57 - Jun 12 by Kensal_Ranger

Thanks Paul - Kensal Jnr and I have both come the conclusion that we’ll stick for the time being but do a few discovery forays early this coming season, check the view and sight lines, etc.
Thanks All, knew I could rely on you.
👍🏻

No worries, sounds a sensible decision to me!

Problem is that stand is not often open for early rounds of the league cup and not sure if its open when the 23s play at LR.

It was certainly SA Rd only for the women's match and the Grenfell day I attended.
Thinking of a seat move to the SB Stand on 16:21 - Jun 15 with 1935 viewsKensal_Ranger

Thinking of a seat move to the SB Stand on 15:27 - Jun 15 by PinnerPaul

No worries, sounds a sensible decision to me!

Problem is that stand is not often open for early rounds of the league cup and not sure if its open when the 23s play at LR.

It was certainly SA Rd only for the women's match and the Grenfell day I attended.

I think you can still do a limited number of temporary seat moves for individual league fixtures - at least, that’s what we were planning on doing 🤞🏻
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024