Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frank Clarke RIP 16:08 - Jun 3 with 3731 viewsQPRSteve

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/frank-clarke-1942-2022-rip/

Was a great player for us. Always gave 100%. Brother of Leeds United's Alan Clarke.

Condolences to his family and friends,
Frank Clarke RIP on 17:33 - Jun 3 with 3589 viewsterryb

I never forget his run down the right wing & pass towards Rodney at Villa Park in 1968. Keith Bradley got to the ball first to score the greatest own goal in history. Division One here we come!

I've always sworn that we lost to C****a in the FA Cup 6th round in 1970 due to the Norwich thug, Duncan Forbes, injuring Frank on the Tuesday causing him to miss the game.

RIP Frank. Condolences to his family & friends.
Frank Clarke RIP on 18:18 - Jun 3 with 3486 viewscolinallcars

I really liked him. RIP.
Frank Clarke RIP on 18:21 - Jun 3 with 3473 viewsonlyrinmoray

Frank Clarke RIP on 17:33 - Jun 3 by terryb

I never forget his run down the right wing & pass towards Rodney at Villa Park in 1968. Keith Bradley got to the ball first to score the greatest own goal in history. Division One here we come!

I've always sworn that we lost to C****a in the FA Cup 6th round in 1970 due to the Norwich thug, Duncan Forbes, injuring Frank on the Tuesday causing him to miss the game.

What a memory you have Terry I was at the Villa game and I can’t remember any thing about it except that we won through an own goal
I remember Frank he was a good player don’t think he was here long Another one lost too soon RIP Frank
Frank Clarke RIP on 18:30 - Jun 3 with 3459 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I just did a search about this and found this on the qprreport website.

https://qprreport.proboards.com/thread/13479/years-ago-today-qprs-greatest?page=

I love this photo. Not from that game though I don't think. If you click on it you get to see it without all the writing over the top.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Frank Clarke RIP on 18:40 - Jun 3 with 3412 viewsdmm

I remember him quite well. He seemed to me to be quite a quiet player who could 'go missing' a bit but I might be misremembering that. He certainly scored a good few goals for us at a very important time for the club.
Frank Clarke RIP on 19:19 - Jun 3 with 3324 viewsqpr_1968

rip frank.....player i watched when i first started supporting the r's.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Frank Clarke RIP on 19:31 - Jun 3 with 3278 viewsstevec

RIP Frank Clarke and thanks for being part of the entertainment in a great era for the club.
Frank Clarke RIP on 19:33 - Jun 3 with 3273 viewsdixiedean

I remember him as a very hardworking player- did a lot of shutting down and chasing back which forwards didn’t do back then . RIP Frank
Login to get fewer ads

Frank Clarke RIP on 19:34 - Jun 3 with 3270 viewsMichael_Hunt

I may be wrong but I believe he scored the R/s first ever top flight goal? (1 - 1, v Leicester).

RIP Frank
[Post edited 3 Jun 2022 19:35]
Frank Clarke RIP on 19:40 - Jun 3 with 3249 viewsdmm

Frank Clarke RIP on 19:34 - Jun 3 by Michael_Hunt

I may be wrong but I believe he scored the R/s first ever top flight goal? (1 - 1, v Leicester).

RIP Frank
[Post edited 3 Jun 2022 19:35]

Just checked my Macey and it was Les Allen who scored our first top division goal in that game. Clarke scored his first of the season in the fourth game of the season v Wolves at home in a 2-2 draw.
Frank Clarke RIP on 19:53 - Jun 3 with 3217 viewsstowmarketrange

I missed him playing for us by a few months,but RIP Frank and condolences to his family and friends.
Frank Clarke RIP on 21:30 - Jun 3 with 3059 viewsSonofpugwash

Frank Clarke RIP on 18:30 - Jun 3 by CliveWilsonSaid

I just did a search about this and found this on the qprreport website.

https://qprreport.proboards.com/thread/13479/years-ago-today-qprs-greatest?page=

I love this photo. Not from that game though I don't think. If you click on it you get to see it without all the writing over the top.

Yeah,was at that game.Fair play to Villa,they played Cliff Richards' "Congatulations" over the tannoy at the end.
Frank was a centre forward in the classic mould,a bit more direct than brother Allan

R.I.P.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Frank Clarke RIP on 22:12 - Jun 3 with 2981 viewsextratimeR

A wonderful header of the ball, I think he scored that vital goal at Ipswich away? Just before the Villa game, memory a bit dodgy?

RIP Frank, one of the R's greats.
Frank Clarke RIP on 23:05 - Jun 3 with 2923 viewsMrSheen

If there was a better promotion-winning own goal than Chris Carr’s at Hillsborough, I would love to have seen it, but I’ll take your word for it!
[Post edited 3 Jun 2022 23:06]
Frank Clarke RIP on 23:26 - Jun 3 with 2881 viewsLythamR

R.I.P Frank

He had decent stats for a supporting forward,
Frank Clarke RIP on 08:10 - Jun 4 with 2646 viewsMichael_Hunt

Frank Clarke RIP on 19:40 - Jun 3 by dmm

Just checked my Macey and it was Les Allen who scored our first top division goal in that game. Clarke scored his first of the season in the fourth game of the season v Wolves at home in a 2-2 draw.

Fair play; my memory isn’t what it was obviously.
Frank Clarke RIP on 10:16 - Jun 4 with 2554 viewsterryb

Frank Clarke RIP on 23:05 - Jun 3 by MrSheen

If there was a better promotion-winning own goal than Chris Carr’s at Hillsborough, I would love to have seen it, but I’ll take your word for it!
[Post edited 3 Jun 2022 23:06]

I'm sure some other clubs share our record, but it's twice that we've won promotion with own goals!

I suppose it could be argued that we were already winning at Wednesday when Carr scored & so we might have won anyway, but at the time it definitely felt that we needed the third goal!

Two wonderful days in my time supporting Rangers & what fantastic numbers we had at both.
Frank Clarke RIP on 10:23 - Jun 4 with 2549 viewsterryb

A further bit on the 1968 promotion concerning Frank.

With Ipswich & ourselves going for promotion, we signed Frank & Ipswich signed John O'Rourke. After we had lost in the FA Cup in 1970, Ipswich bought Clarke to replace O'Rourke in a sucessful attempt to avoid relegation. The following season O'Rourke played for us until Don Givens arrived.
Frank Clarke RIP on 13:39 - Jun 4 with 2472 viewsTHEBUSH

My memory aint what it used to be ,but i do remember Frank.

I think we played Brian Cloughs Derby County, and we beat them One nil, maybe Frank scored ?

I remember Clough was a bad loser and he called us, that lot, after the game.

RIP Frank
Frank Clarke RIP on 20:15 - Jun 4 with 2364 viewsterryb

Frank Clarke RIP on 13:39 - Jun 4 by THEBUSH

My memory aint what it used to be ,but i do remember Frank.

I think we played Brian Cloughs Derby County, and we beat them One nil, maybe Frank scored ?

I remember Clough was a bad loser and he called us, that lot, after the game.

RIP Frank

This was another own goal for us!

Dave Mackay the scorer. Clough wasn't happy at all!
Frank Clarke RIP on 22:18 - Jun 5 with 2193 viewszicoshoops

I was there as well.

Spot on.

Villa fans were disgraceful in the Holt End.

But what celebrations when we got back to London.
Christ, it seems like yesterday.

What’s going on?

We should be told

Sort it out
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024