Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Medical and Sports Science Teams Restructured 18:13 - Jul 15 with 1923 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/dr-imtiaz-ahmad-explains-restructure-150722

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Medical and Sports Science Teams Restructured on 13:01 - Jul 17 with 1561 viewsfrancisbowles

Thanks for posting Brian. Interesting article, even the link to what Daniel Bernardin is now going to do.
Medical and Sports Science Teams Restructured on 16:01 - Jul 17 with 1415 viewscharmr

Does anyone know if other championship clubs have infrastructures like this in place?
Medical and Sports Science Teams Restructured on 08:58 - Jul 18 with 1164 viewsdmm

Just read the article and looked at the FSCR link. It looks like the restructure is a result of a number of backroom staff leaving the club to join Daniel Bernardin, who was Head of Performance, and his FSCR business. There are a number of ex Crystal Palace backroom staff in the FSCR.

It's not necessarily a negative thing, and I hope the restructure will bring improvements, but having been through a number of organisational restructurings inmy time, I know they can be very unsettling, particularly at a time when new senior staff are appointed as is the case at QPR.
Medical and Sports Science Teams Restructured on 09:14 - Jul 18 with 1098 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Medical and Sports Science Teams Restructured on 08:58 - Jul 18 by dmm

Just read the article and looked at the FSCR link. It looks like the restructure is a result of a number of backroom staff leaving the club to join Daniel Bernardin, who was Head of Performance, and his FSCR business. There are a number of ex Crystal Palace backroom staff in the FSCR.

It's not necessarily a negative thing, and I hope the restructure will bring improvements, but having been through a number of organisational restructurings inmy time, I know they can be very unsettling, particularly at a time when new senior staff are appointed as is the case at QPR.

"It looks like the restructure is a result of a number of backroom staff leaving the club to join Daniel Bernardin"

There are other possibilities. They could also have left by mutual agreement, or maybe Rangers instigated the changes.

Medical and Sports Science Teams Restructured on 09:22 - Jul 18 with 1078 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Medical and Sports Science Teams Restructured on 16:01 - Jul 17 by charmr

Does anyone know if other championship clubs have infrastructures like this in place?

Id be hugely surprised if they didn’t. It’s as much about conditioning these days as it is anything else.

Not sure what exactly or why Willock’s hamstring injury needed an operation as opposed to physio. Not a medical man, but I’ve certainly required the services of physios over the years and generally, the view I’ve picked up is that muscular injuries shouldn’t see the patient operated on.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Medical and Sports Science Teams Restructured on 09:24 - Jul 18 with 1074 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Medical and Sports Science Teams Restructured on 09:22 - Jul 18 by PlanetHonneywood

Id be hugely surprised if they didn’t. It’s as much about conditioning these days as it is anything else.

Not sure what exactly or why Willock’s hamstring injury needed an operation as opposed to physio. Not a medical man, but I’ve certainly required the services of physios over the years and generally, the view I’ve picked up is that muscular injuries shouldn’t see the patient operated on.

Unusual alright...unless the muscle tendon was torn from the bone, maybe?

Medical and Sports Science Teams Restructured on 09:48 - Jul 18 with 1013 viewsNorthernr

Medical and Sports Science Teams Restructured on 09:24 - Jul 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Twas this. Real bad one.
Medical and Sports Science Teams Restructured on 10:11 - Jul 18 with 950 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Medical and Sports Science Teams Restructured on 09:24 - Jul 18 by BrianMcCarthy

He gives you a bone.
He gives you a bone.
Brian McCarthy: he gives you a bone!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Medical and Sports Science Teams Restructured on 12:27 - Jul 18 with 783 viewsMyke

Medical and Sports Science Teams Restructured on 08:58 - Jul 18 by dmm

I would be inclined to agree. He would obviously have to have given notice, which likely was the catalyst for the meeting between Hoos and Ferdinand on the restructuring in the first place. This is not necessarily a bad thing; we seem to have an unprecedented number of injuries last season ( the goal-keeping situation alone was off the scale bizarre), so increased accountability is no harm. With a tight squad and a demanding fixture list,we need to keep our better players on the pitch as much as possible.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024