Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? 20:27 - Nov 12 with 5722 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Massive fan of Beale, but wtf!?
Injuries are killing us, and the limitations of the squad are being brutally exposed? I dont know.
Have we really played any better than last season? I'm not sure we have.
The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 20:42 - Nov 12 with 4136 viewsstainrods_elbow

He does tend to don a flirty fig leaf when it comes to the likes of Wolves at least.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 20:56 - Nov 12 with 4112 viewsessextaxiboy

There is a big difference between being a forward thinking innovative coach and managing a group of players , motivating them and using them in games to outwit your oppo, dealing with the media and the owners and directors
He is learning on the job regarding all of that, much like our DOF has . Hopefully we will reap the rewards in time . He said after the Wolves affair that he has to prove himself here so he is aware that there is more to find ..
The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 21:00 - Nov 12 with 4090 viewsbosh67

I have only one thing to say on this thread (qualified afterwards) and that is...

Agggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

(I'm surprised we don't burn our managers at the stake if they concede a goal).

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 21:02 - Nov 12 with 4031 viewsstainrods_elbow

The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 21:00 - Nov 12 by bosh67

I have only one thing to say on this thread (qualified afterwards) and that is...

Who on earth has said that? Grow up and learn to read!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 21:06 - Nov 12 with 4056 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 21:00 - Nov 12 by bosh67

Sorry, but if you say you are over qualified for a job you must be prepared to accept criticism.
As my post said, I'm a big fan, so I am not burning him at the stake, merely trying to ask what has gone wrong over the past month.
The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 21:18 - Nov 12 with 4001 viewsbosh67

The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 21:06 - Nov 12 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Sorry, but if you say you are over qualified for a job you must be prepared to accept criticism.
As my post said, I'm a big fan, so I am not burning him at the stake, merely trying to ask what has gone wrong over the past month.

I wasn't aiming that at you just at the fan base that seems to have some kind of entitlement that we must win every game and be brilliant in every game. Last year we had two former Prem strikers. Neither at top whack but experienced strikers and then we had Dykes and half a season of Bonne. So 4 strikers. Now we have Dykes, Bonne is leaving and Armstrong is yet to score a senior goal. That is a big problem when the midfield goals dry up. And bloody Dieng hasn't scored a goal since Sunderland! I just think we are seeing the thinness of our squad, an inherent mentality problem that has been in the club for year and a general lack of senior experience.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 21:47 - Nov 12 with 3921 viewsNortholt_Rs

Not a sense of entitlement…but the fans are bound to ask WTF is going on when we’ve take 1 point from the last 15, been beaten at home by both of the bottom clubs in the league and delivered shockingly abysmal performances with a pony defence and a powder puff goal threat. Fantastic turnout by the fans today to watch that total slop.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 22:01 - Nov 12 with 3877 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 21:18 - Nov 12 by bosh67

I wasn't aiming that at you just at the fan base that seems to have some kind of entitlement that we must win every game and be brilliant in every game. Last year we had two former Prem strikers. Neither at top whack but experienced strikers and then we had Dykes and half a season of Bonne. So 4 strikers. Now we have Dykes, Bonne is leaving and Armstrong is yet to score a senior goal. That is a big problem when the midfield goals dry up. And bloody Dieng hasn't scored a goal since Sunderland! I just think we are seeing the thinness of our squad, an inherent mentality problem that has been in the club for year and a general lack of senior experience.

That was my point!
Either Beale talks a good game or he has been sold a dud by the board. When we have the full 1st team squad we are top 4, but a couple of injuries we are stuffed.
But, if u go around saying how great u r u better back it up. I have a horrible feeling things are going to go south come February.
Login to get fewer ads

The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 22:05 - Nov 12 with 3849 viewsbosh67

The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 21:47 - Nov 12 by Northolt_Rs

Not a sense of entitlement…but the fans are bound to ask WTF is going on when we’ve take 1 point from the last 15, been beaten at home by both of the bottom clubs in the league and delivered shockingly abysmal performances with a pony defence and a powder puff goal threat. Fantastic turnout by the fans today to watch that total slop.

There's a huge sense of entitlement when we go on a bad run, North. The big issue is mentality and working out how to instil that in a young squad that generally has very little experience. Also although much criticised, we had Austin, Grey and Dykes last season. This season we basically have Dykes + a kid who will be great but has never scored a senior goal and who is leaving. Yet with most players scoring goals until the last few weeks and a striker who works hard but only really scores on his birthday or against Reading, we are all ringing our hands.

Why aren't we top? Why aren't we European champions? Because we don't have a very experienced squad, bar one or two. Yes we have some players from the Prem but they are kids and this is their first season in at the deep end.

We're on a bad run with a paper thin squad and one 'striker'. We have 4-5 weeks to get our act together. We'll be okay. We will be okay!

Never knowingly right.

The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 22:17 - Nov 12 with 3783 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 22:05 - Nov 12 by bosh67

There's a huge sense of entitlement when we go on a bad run, North. The big issue is mentality and working out how to instil that in a young squad that generally has very little experience. Also although much criticised, we had Austin, Grey and Dykes last season. This season we basically have Dykes + a kid who will be great but has never scored a senior goal and who is leaving. Yet with most players scoring goals until the last few weeks and a striker who works hard but only really scores on his birthday or against Reading, we are all ringing our hands.

Why aren't we top? Why aren't we European champions? Because we don't have a very experienced squad, bar one or two. Yes we have some players from the Prem but they are kids and this is their first season in at the deep end.

We're on a bad run with a paper thin squad and one 'striker'. We have 4-5 weeks to get our act together. We'll be okay. We will be okay!

That's fine, however, if u walk into a club and announce u r not here to finish 16th you are going to raise expectations. Beale did that, not the board.
To clarify, again, I am a massive fan of him. It does look like something has gone wrong again behind the scenes. JCS at left back rather than Travelman, to me, is making a point. The same thing happened last season with Warburton.
The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 22:29 - Nov 12 with 3734 viewsJimmyR

The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 22:05 - Nov 12 by bosh67

nah f*ck that, bring out the virgins, burn him, burn them - Burn them all.
The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 07:15 - Nov 13 with 3493 viewsnix

The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 22:17 - Nov 12 by Wilkinswatercarrier

That's fine, however, if u walk into a club and announce u r not here to finish 16th you are going to raise expectations. Beale did that, not the board.
To clarify, again, I am a massive fan of him. It does look like something has gone wrong again behind the scenes. JCS at left back rather than Travelman, to me, is making a point. The same thing happened last season with Warburton.

I don't think it's making a point. Well not to the Board, if that's what you mean. I think he just thought JCS would have made a better fist of it. For whatever reason: carrying an injury, slightly unwell, not up for the fight, unprepared, he was a cardboard cut out at left back. But that doesn't mean necessarily what you inferred from it. Hamalainen has not shone at any of the clubs he's been at. He's started okay and then got dropped. I wonder if that's down to him not really busting a gut in training. I think Beale takes into account how people train when he picks the team, which is probably why JCS got the nod.

I do think Beale makes mistakes in not bringing on fresh legs early enough. We definitely looked better when Kakay and Shodipo came on, just from the energy they brought to the team. I also think that's why Beale made the right decision to stay. He needs to make his mistakes and learn from managing at this level before attempting to try his luck in the Prem. Part of that is coping and turning things around when they're going tits up.

I think the point other posters have made that we lack experience is a good point. Gnarly old pros might not get so up and down when things go well/badly. But yesterday we looked out on our feet, so maybe a few players were struggling with lack of fitness/mild illness from the start.

I must admit I didn't think Beale would get us in the play offs this season. I thought we might have a shot next season at the earliest. I do think we're a better balanced squad year on year, but there are still obvious gaps, as pointed out in the striking and left back positions. He's been a bit of a victim of his early success. We're not a natural play off squad because of the gaps. If we had a bit of luck on the pitch and with injuries we've got a shot. Unfortunately, recently injuries and luck has cursed us a bit. I'm hoping the rest now will allow us to come again but hopefully a bit more under the radar.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2022 7:36]
The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 07:19 - Nov 13 with 3485 viewsSydneyRs

Thomas Frank started terribly at Brentford but is still there and just won at Man City. They could easily have sacked him but had a process and stuck with it.

What Beale is trying to do here would take a few years and a flying start ironically might make it more difficult for him.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2022 5:15]
The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 13:45 - Nov 13 with 3101 viewsswitchingcode

The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 07:19 - Nov 13 by SydneyRs

Thomas Frank started terribly at Brentford but is still there and just won at Man City. They could easily have sacked him but had a process and stuck with it.

What Beale is trying to do here would take a few years and a flying start ironically might make it more difficult for him.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2022 5:15]

Remember back to his start where he lost 8 drew 1 of his first 10 games and some fans singing “sacked in the morning “and these fans are still around even last week some were posting he had taken us as far as he can.Beale looks like a good young coach and needs time to produce his own side and style you have to hope the management stand strong when results aren’t good and equally he stays loyal when the sides successful
The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 13:53 - Nov 13 with 3078 viewsBuckR

Personally believe its a case the players are just shattered now to be honest, look at the options he has to bring on in their place ffs. Chair must have played nigh on every minute so far?

Small squad like ours is always going to go through patches like this - hopefully World Cup break can act as a preseason for us
The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 14:02 - Nov 13 with 3049 viewsDamo1962

The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 13:53 - Nov 13 by BuckR

Personally believe its a case the players are just shattered now to be honest, look at the options he has to bring on in their place ffs. Chair must have played nigh on every minute so far?

Small squad like ours is always going to go through patches like this - hopefully World Cup break can act as a preseason for us

The squad isn't small...it just lacks quality and too many sick- notes. So yes I agree these type of poor runs are always going to happen. Warburton couldn't arrest the slide once it started, MB hopefully will. Not looking at anything above lower middle table TBH...and that is a realistic outcome.
The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 14:15 - Nov 13 with 3042 viewsNorthernr

The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 14:02 - Nov 13 by Damo1962

The squad isn't small...it just lacks quality and too many sick- notes. So yes I agree these type of poor runs are always going to happen. Warburton couldn't arrest the slide once it started, MB hopefully will. Not looking at anything above lower middle table TBH...and that is a realistic outcome.

Going into slides and being unable to stop them has been a theme really for the last ten years. Warbs as you say, McClaren before him went one win in 19 culminating in us losing two home gimmes against Bolton and Rotherham and him getting the sack, Holloway had three separate 6 game losing streaks, JFH when he first arrived took something like 8 games to get a win.

It always feels like it takes an absolute mega effort for us to win, and not very much for us to lose. Hull H and Cardiff H this year and Reading H last are the only games I've been able to sit, relax and enjoy in about a year and a half.
The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 16:53 - Nov 13 with 2926 viewsPinnerPaul

I would say we have and we were never top under MW were we?
[Post edited 13 Nov 2022 16:53]
The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 16:56 - Nov 13 with 2908 viewsPinnerPaul

The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 21:02 - Nov 12 by stainrods_elbow

Who on earth has said that? Grow up and learn to read!

Loads of people have said they think he should or will go and the title alone implies the OP doesn't think much of him.

After half a dozen poor results the reaction is completely ott, much like it was after half a dozen good ones - but that's football and not confined to just on here.
The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 17:00 - Nov 13 with 2892 viewsPinnerPaul

The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 14:15 - Nov 13 by Northernr

Going into slides and being unable to stop them has been a theme really for the last ten years. Warbs as you say, McClaren before him went one win in 19 culminating in us losing two home gimmes against Bolton and Rotherham and him getting the sack, Holloway had three separate 6 game losing streaks, JFH when he first arrived took something like 8 games to get a win.

It always feels like it takes an absolute mega effort for us to win, and not very much for us to lose. Hull H and Cardiff H this year and Reading H last are the only games I've been able to sit, relax and enjoy in about a year and a half.

Don't all clubs have losing runs?
The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 17:16 - Nov 13 with 2849 viewsnix

The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 17:00 - Nov 13 by PinnerPaul

Don't all clubs have losing runs?

Exactly. And it hasn't just happened in the bottom half of the table: Norwich have only won two in ten. Sheffield Utd had a spell of six matches without winning.

It is also interesting that our last five matches took place over a sixteen day period. Not much time to arrest the slide by players coming back from injury or by working on the training pitch. Or even rebuilding confidence/energy levels. I guess it could work the opposite way if you're on song and your players are all fit, you could have a great run.
The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 17:19 - Nov 13 with 2826 viewsPinnerPaul

The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 17:16 - Nov 13 by nix

Exactly. And it hasn't just happened in the bottom half of the table: Norwich have only won two in ten. Sheffield Utd had a spell of six matches without winning.

It is also interesting that our last five matches took place over a sixteen day period. Not much time to arrest the slide by players coming back from injury or by working on the training pitch. Or even rebuilding confidence/energy levels. I guess it could work the opposite way if you're on song and your players are all fit, you could have a great run.

Agree.

Just looked at league table and 7 other clubs have lost 3 or more in the last 6.

Swansea haven't won in those 6 either (5 draws and a loss for them)
The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 17:28 - Nov 13 with 2787 viewsDamo1962

The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 14:15 - Nov 13 by Northernr

True. It has been going on longer than it should. All teams have bad runs, but we seem to have more and severe ones. Is this a top down attitude at the club? You'd know more about that me Northern, so I would value your opinion on this.Your last paragraph nailed it....we make hard work of everything.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2022 17:30]
The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 18:56 - Nov 13 with 2646 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 17:28 - Nov 13 by Damo1962

True. It has been going on longer than it should. All teams have bad runs, but we seem to have more and severe ones. Is this a top down attitude at the club? You'd know more about that me Northern, so I would value your opinion on this.Your last paragraph nailed it....we make hard work of everything.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2022 17:30]

Isn’t this just life in the Championship?

Two promotions in twelve years is pretty good going. I don’t think we are terminal failures.

Imagine being Preston or Bristol City who have spent an eternity in this league with nothing to show for it.

Brentford are the exception that proves the rule that life in the Championship is a slog of games with very little for the majority to celebrate.

That isn’t Ferdinand’s fault which is where I assume your post was going.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2022 18:58]
The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 22:08 - Nov 13 with 2492 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The Emperor has no clothes.......or does he? on 18:56 - Nov 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

Isn’t this just life in the Championship?

Two promotions in twelve years is pretty good going. I don’t think we are terminal failures.

Imagine being Preston or Bristol City who have spent an eternity in this league with nothing to show for it.

Brentford are the exception that proves the rule that life in the Championship is a slog of games with very little for the majority to celebrate.

That isn’t Ferdinand’s fault which is where I assume your post was going.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2022 18:58]

He's been here for EIGHT years. When does his role actually start to be questioned? When successive coaches bring in their own players and ignore the talent we've assembled on the training pitches. When we still haven't got a decent centre forward. When we continue to lack a winning mentality.

It's bizarre how people don't question his role just because he was a great player for us. Exactly what the board wanted, but bizarre that people fall for it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024