Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Because I Care 22:27 - Nov 14 with 2537 viewsDannyPaddox

https://www.fullers.co.uk/get-together?utm_source=website&utm_medium=popup&a

Cheap (& quality) beer tomorrow.
Have a lovely break
Fcuk the World Cup
xxx
Because I Care on 23:58 - Nov 14 with 2446 viewsted_hendrix

We've got out quarterly Construction Managers retirees get together tomorrow at 12 o'clock at Weatherspoons, Newbury.
It'll go something like the last get together 3 Months ago/ 6 Months ago/ 9 Months ago.
We'll grab a table for eight order our food and drinks and then Moan at each for the next 2-3 hours, we'll moan about the Government, cost of living, getting taxed on our pensions, going deaf, late trains, the queue's at the tills in Aldis, road closures, cost of the TV licence et cetera, et cetera.

It's basically eight Basil Fawlty's getting together.

Then someone will say 'what was the name of that big fat groundworker from Swindon, was It Bob'?
Then someone will say 'no It weren't Bob'
Then someone will say 'I remember him but I can't remember his name, I'm hopeless at remembering names'
Then I'll say 'yea, I'm hopeless at remembering names too'
At about this time the waitress will come along and ask If we need to order anymore drinks and eight voices will reply In unison 'no'.
It's about now I look around the table and wonder who'll be the first of us to drop dead.
Then someone will say 'my lawnmowers f ucked'
Then someone will say 'you said that three Months ago'
At about this point one of the lads will fall asleep dribbling.
Ten minutes later someone say's 'I gotta go, I have to buy a tin of Gardenia matt emulsion'
And we all say the same thing, 'Yea I gotta go too'
Then we all say 'see Ya' and piss off in different directions.
I'll go roaring up the A34 In my Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross with George Thorogood & The Destroyers blaring out 'Bad To The Bone' whilst wondering if this is as good as It gets.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Because I Care on 08:46 - Nov 15 with 2272 viewsstevec

Because I Care on 23:58 - Nov 14 by ted_hendrix

We've got out quarterly Construction Managers retirees get together tomorrow at 12 o'clock at Weatherspoons, Newbury.
It'll go something like the last get together 3 Months ago/ 6 Months ago/ 9 Months ago.
We'll grab a table for eight order our food and drinks and then Moan at each for the next 2-3 hours, we'll moan about the Government, cost of living, getting taxed on our pensions, going deaf, late trains, the queue's at the tills in Aldis, road closures, cost of the TV licence et cetera, et cetera.

Then someone will say 'what was the name of that big fat groundworker from Swindon, was It Bob'?
Then someone will say 'I remember him but I can't remember his name, I'm hopeless at remembering names'
At about this time the waitress will come along and ask If we need to order anymore drinks and eight voices will reply In unison 'no'.
It's about now I look around the table and wonder who'll be the first of us to drop dead.
Ten minutes later someone say's 'I gotta go, I have to buy a tin of Gardenia matt emulsion'
I'll go roaring up the A34 In my Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross with George Thorogood & The Destroyers blaring out 'Bad To The Bone' whilst wondering if this is as good as It gets.

Because I Care on 08:49 - Nov 15 with 2269 viewscolinallcars

It always rains on Fuller's birthday. Won't put me off though.
Because I Care on 09:37 - Nov 15 with 2188 viewscolinallcars

I've never really forgiven Fuller's for closing the Mawson Arms, selling the London Apprentice and ceasing production of Chiswick Bitter.
However, I shall start on Hophead, then Pride and on to ESB today.
Happy birthday Fuller's !
Because I Care on 09:39 - Nov 15 with 2183 viewsmikeygunn

No Fullers in the North. Booo, they do have Pride on in a few pubs. Decent pint that.
Because I Care on 09:56 - Nov 15 with 2145 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Because I Care on 09:37 - Nov 15 by colinallcars

I've never really forgiven Fuller's for closing the Mawson Arms, selling the London Apprentice and ceasing production of Chiswick Bitter.
However, I shall start on Hophead, then Pride and on to ESB today.
Happy birthday Fuller's !

I hope your ESB is better than the pint I had on Sunday. They rebranded it not long ago and I think they changed the recipe as it doesn’t look or taste anything like it used to. It was always a bit hit and miss in my experience but I can’t get on with it at all now. HSB is my favourite Fullers draft beer probably followed by Pride.

On a side note I’m trying to lay off the beer at the moment as I’ve been overdoing it a bit. So thanks everyone this converstion is really helping
[Post edited 15 Nov 2022 10:12]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Because I Care on 12:06 - Nov 15 with 2015 viewscolinallcars

Think I'll start off in the George IV in Chiswick - I met my wife in there. She was furious, I'd told her I was at work.
Because I Care on 12:56 - Nov 15 with 1972 viewsstowmarketrange

What’s a pub?
Login to get fewer ads

Because I Care on 15:36 - Nov 15 with 1850 viewskensalriser

Because I Care on 23:58 - Nov 14 by ted_hendrix

Having visited my old mum in her care home yesterday, I can very much affirm that is indeed as good as it gets. Enjoy everything you can while you still can.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024