Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Weird "PC" World we live in 10:43 - Nov 19 with 1957 viewsnumptydumpty

So was just scrolling through Sky Sports News latest on their App...

There was an article about Alex Hales being reprimanded over a historical social media post by the cricket disciplinary committee.

So the actual story went like this.

Hales went to a fancy dress party for a new years eve party in 2009, when he was 20 years old, and was dressed as Tupac, a black man who hit fame as a rapper.

So a picture on the night was taken. Hales had his face blackened.

The Sun newspaper in all their wisdom acquired this photo and published it, questioning Hales integrity and potential racist undertones.

He was a 20 year old kid, letting his hair down at a new years eve party, dressed as his favourite artist at the time. The man was black so to give a true indication of his looks, what could be seen as racist, him blackening his face at a party.

To put it into context, my old dad many years ago went to a fancy dress party dressed as the incredible hulk and his skin was dyed deliberately green !!!

Now putting this out there.

Hales has performed heroically for the national side, being a key member in helping us winning the T20 world cup only a few days ago.

And yet this week, the cricket authorities felt in all their wisdom, not say thank you for brilliant performances, in winning WORLD Cup but to tell Hales off for a picture taken off him as a young man enjoying a special night out.

The post only became known as The Sun published it.

And also the cricket authorities got Hales to publicly say he denounces racism in all forms.

The fact he is in same team, as Chris Jordan, Adil Rashid and Moeen Ali, as well.

My point is these little backroom admin hitters ruining every little aspect of life.

Felt had to post as only few days after winning world cup, Hales has been publicly reprimanded for a party photo 13 years ago.

Flabbergasted is one of the lesser words I could use with regards to this.

TOTAL MADNESS !!!!

[Post edited 19 Nov 2022 10:45]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

This Weird on 10:49 - Nov 19 with 1908 viewsnumptydumpty

So on a similar note I apologise for rude words I expressed in a public setting in 1997. I said the f word in a pub and although I had several pints, I can never forgive myself for this but I publicly denounce my extreme bad behaviour and in no way condone or consider this to be a fair and decent way to behave in this modern day society !!!!

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
[Post edited 19 Nov 2022 10:50]

This Weird "PC" World we live in on 11:24 - Nov 19 with 1819 viewsdaveB

This is nothing new though, newspapers have always dug up old photos of people who do well and tried to destroy them, been happening for decades

Really though by the age of 20 you should know as a white man that blacking up isn't the best idea in the world.
This Weird "PC" World we live in on 12:09 - Nov 19 with 1745 viewsnumptydumpty

This Weird "PC" World we live in on 11:24 - Nov 19 by daveB

This is nothing new though, newspapers have always dug up old photos of people who do well and tried to destroy them, been happening for decades

Really though by the age of 20 you should know as a white man that blacking up isn't the best idea in the world.

Point was making was in regards to cricket authorities response in giving the guy a telling off, after he has been a key part in us winning world cup only days ago, yet the authorities have responded by not congratulating him but criticising him for something he did as a young man 13 years ago.

It was fancy dress and he was dressed as someone he admired !!!!

Sounds like by your reaction Dave you have led an exemplary lifestyle from a very young age.

Just felt response ill timed only days after the man raised the profile of English cricket and the fact the pictures were brought to attention is nothing new but the reaction of cricket authorities very very harsh. Who hasn't done something wrong in their younger years !!!

This Weird "PC" World we live in on 12:42 - Nov 19 with 1698 viewsThGrimRanger

This Weird "PC" World we live in on 12:09 - Nov 19 by numptydumpty

Point was making was in regards to cricket authorities response in giving the guy a telling off, after he has been a key part in us winning world cup only days ago, yet the authorities have responded by not congratulating him but criticising him for something he did as a young man 13 years ago.

It was fancy dress and he was dressed as someone he admired !!!!

Sounds like by your reaction Dave you have led an exemplary lifestyle from a very young age.

Just felt response ill timed only days after the man raised the profile of English cricket and the fact the pictures were brought to attention is nothing new but the reaction of cricket authorities very very harsh. Who hasn't done something wrong in their younger years !!!

always wondered when this rule came into effect. Little Britain was the most watched non-soap tv show in the 00s and several characters were blacked up.

If people are going to get into trouble for blacking up then there should at least be a cut-off date.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2022 12:44]

TheGrimRanger

This Weird "PC" World we live in on 12:46 - Nov 19 with 1687 viewsToast_R

The demand for racism is greater than the supply.
This Weird on 13:44 - Nov 19 with 1572 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Prefer Currys to be honest
[Post edited 19 Nov 2022 13:44]
This Weird "PC" World we live in on 14:00 - Nov 19 with 1545 viewsSuperhoops2808

He has not been singled out though, both Amy Jones & Danni Wyatt have recently (last week or two) been disciplined for the same thing

The timing is indeed unfortunate but it appears that are going after anyone and everyone regardless

https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/cricket-racism-crisis/andrew_gale_azeem_rafi
This Weird "PC" World we live in on 14:24 - Nov 19 with 1514 viewsStanisgod

Id like to dig up something on the Sun and shut THEM down, like the NOTW. Scummy paper.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Login to get fewer ads

This Weird "PC" World we live in on 14:56 - Nov 19 with 1476 viewsloftboy

Eddie Murphy dressed as a white Jewish man in coming to America, haven’t seen him apologising yet!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

This Weird "PC" World we live in on 15:08 - Nov 19 with 1435 viewsNewBee

Agree generally that we can often get too worked up about something thoughtless that someone has done years ago - at least if there is no evidence that the "offender" continues to think or act this way.

That said, the OP's comparison with his own Dad dressing up as the Incredible Hulk is hardly comparable, since there is no population of green people in our midst who might take offence.

While the fact of Hales having played brilliantly in the T20 should be neither here nor there. I mean, had he played crap, would that mean he would somehow be more deserving of his treatment by The Sun?

Finally, it is all very well to condemn The Sun, jand justifiably so, but we should not forget that they only print this trash because they know that sort of thing attracts big numbers of readers from the Great British Public

P.S. None of the above should be taken to mean I sympathise with The Sun, but not with Hales - it's quite the reverse oin fact.
This Weird on 15:25 - Nov 19 with 1412 viewsBoston

There's better things to get your knickers in a twist about.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2022 15:26]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

This Weird "PC" World we live in on 16:18 - Nov 19 with 1348 viewsnumptydumpty

The timing is very poor

I would have let it go myself personally

What is the point making this up to be a misdemeanour.

Wonder if they congratulated him for doing well in a very important competition.

Doubt that very much !!!!

I know a few black people as friends and they have said the same

Mad

This Weird "PC" World we live in on 16:45 - Nov 19 with 1313 viewsdannyblue

This is yet another subject where all things can be true...

It's stupid to black up, because some people will find it offensive.
It's stupid to get overly upset about someone blacking up, especially if it's obvious they don't intend to cause offence.
It's stupid of a newspaper to make a story about this, but they need the clicks.
This Weird "PC" World we live in on 19:17 - Nov 19 with 1138 viewsstowmarketrange

This Weird "PC" World we live in on 14:56 - Nov 19 by loftboy

Eddie Murphy dressed as a white Jewish man in coming to America, haven’t seen him apologising yet!

And the 2 blokes dressed up in white chicks.How do they sleep at night?
This Weird "PC" World we live in on 19:48 - Nov 19 with 1069 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

This has to be the most offensive photograph of all time.

Any excuse to see JLC in lederhosen 🤤
[Post edited 19 Nov 2022 21:04]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024